Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, February 28th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 28 2013, 08:51 AM (10,068 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Great show today!! The only part I could have done without was the Dannifer scenes. They bore me.

I liked Sami today for the first time in a loooooong time! The last scene with Nick was great. The Abby and Chloe scenes were good too. The choking scene could have been better though. It looked like she was she was grabbing her collar bone.

I doubt Eric will let Nicole finish what she is saying, but great cliffhanger for that scene.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

I liked hopes shirt

Joshua
Member Avatar

Can Melissa Salmons write every episode, please!!? I actually hit the rewind button to rewatch scenes. I don't think I've done that since the 90's!

gailwinters
Member Avatar

If Will wasn't so focused on blaming Sami, maybe he and Lucas could think about when Nick could have recorded them and they would realize that it was before Sami brought up a paternity test. That might help alert them to the fact that Nick has been all about keeping Will out of the baby's life since day one.

cajnej
Member Avatar

Loved the episode but I am loving Days so much right now. My highlight of course was Sami and Nick scenes. I think Nick is trying to intimidate Sami and he may think he has Will, Sami and Lucas in a bind but you can never rule out years of experience at doing the wrong thing, lying, being totally self absorbed that Sami has on Nick. I also want to add that I thought Sami/Alison Sweeney looked fabulous in the mini skirt and boots which fitted her perfectly IMO, if only I could wear a short skirt and boots. Loved Abby giving it to Chloe also. Count me in as one of the happy Days viewers :applause:

six
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Feb 28 2013, 08:35 PM
If Will wasn't so focused on blaming Sami, maybe he and Lucas could think about when Nick could have recorded them and they would realize that it was before Sami brought up a paternity test. That might help alert them to the fact that Nick has been all about keeping Will out of the baby's life since day one.
I had the same thought at first, but then I checked and realized that's not how it played out.

Jan 23 - Will went to the sonogram appointment and he wrongly assumed Nick approved.
On Feb 4th, Nick started looking into getting surveillance equipment.
Feb 6th Sami told Will to ask for a paternity test
On Feb 7th, Will told Gabi and Nick that Sami thought they should get a paternity test. Nick texted Lucas immediately after that convo.
On the 8th, Nick recorded Lucas and Will talking at Lucas' office.

Based on what Will knows, it does seem like Sami caused Nick to have a change of heart and try and cut Will out. You could argue that Lucas and Will should be able to go even further back and figure out that Nick overheard Lucas' outburst at the church, but I can see why they wouldn't.

Edited by six, Feb 28 2013, 09:51 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

Well. I liked Eric and Nicole.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 28 2013, 09:42 PM
Well. I liked Eric and Nicole.
Oy vey.

We're in for a dip in ratings.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

six
Feb 28 2013, 09:33 PM
gailwinters
Feb 28 2013, 08:35 PM
I had the same thought at first, but then I checked and realized that's not how it played out.

Jan 23 - Will went to the sonogram appointment and he wrongly assumed Nick approved.
On Feb 4th, Nick started looking into getting surveillance equipment.
Feb 6th Sami told Will to ask for a paternity test
On Feb 7th, Will told Gabi and Nick that Sami thought they should get a paternity test. Nick texted Lucas immediately after that convo.
On the 8th, Nick recorded Lucas and Will talking at Lucas' office.

Based on what Will knows, it does seem like Sami caused Nick to have a change of heart and try and cut Will out. You could argue that Lucas and Will should be able to go even further back and figure out that Nick overheard Lucas' outburst at the church, but I can see why they wouldn't.

You're right....as it played out for Will, there probably is no reason for him to realize how long this has been going on.

michr544125

Loved today's episode so much!

I hate what they have done to the character of Chloe. But I loved seeing Abby retaliate against her. Today showed again why Kate M is a great actress that Days barely uses. That fight was all kinds of fun.

The Sami and Nick scenes were awesome also. Go Sami for slapping for Nick! I used to hate Sami but I am on her side all the way. She may have a bad past but this is Will's life that NIck is messing with. So happy to see Sami fighting for her son and grandchild.

Loved Sonny today. He's the smartest one of everybody. He needs to team up with Sami. Will is acting so naive that it's painful to watch. Sonny showed so much spunk today. He did his homework and realizes just how naive Will is acting about this situation. I just wish Sonny would tell Will what he knows about Gabi or at least talk to Chad about this. Will needs to know this.

I'm super intrigued about this prisoner being released in into the program at the church. Can't wait to see this all come together.
Edited by michr544125, Feb 28 2013, 10:17 PM.

concerned
Member Avatar

michr544125
Feb 28 2013, 10:16 PM
Loved today's episode so much!

I hate what they have done to the character of Chloe. But I loved seeing Abby retaliate against her. Today showed again why Kate M is a great actress that Days barely uses. That fight was all kinds of fun.

The Sami and Nick scenes were awesome also. Go Sami for slapping for Nick! I used to hate Sami but I am on her side all the way. She may have a bad past but this is Will's life that NIck is messing with. So happy to see Sami fighting for her son and grandchild.

Loved Sonny today. He's the smartest one of everybody. He needs to team up with Sami. Will is acting so naive that it's painful to watch. Sonny showed so much spunk today. He did his homework and realizes just how naive Will is acting about this situation. I just wish Sonny would tell Will what he knows about Gabi or at least talk to Chad about this. Will needs to know this.

I'm super intrigued about this prisoner being released in into the program at the church. Can't wait to see this all come together.
If only Sami got slapped every time she used that word.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

What a difference a day makes. Melissa Salmons delivers.

Sami and Nick are just getting warmed up and I can't wait for more.

Liked that we had more Sami and Lucas interaction as they discuss the best way to handle Nick. I think it's important to show them agreeing, disagreeing and struggling through the best way to fight for Will's parental rights. It brings so much more to the story when Lucas is an integral part in this battle.

Will rationalizing Nick's behavior and putting most of the blame on his mom was an interesting way to go. It definitely had my attention as I pondered his character's naivety. The scenes with Will, Sonny and Lucas kept my attention because they didn't play out the way I thought they would. Will so easily giving up was quite a surprise.

Chloe and Abby were all kinds of fun! Abby was scoring the points early and then Chloe found the spot that Abby reacted to and dug in. Chloe for the win!

Father Matt tricked ya Nicole! :P She should have gone out for a drink instead of into the confessional.

I like that Hope feels she knows what Nick has suffered. Maybe she'll be the one to reach him down the line before he goes completely psycho.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

I hate that Chloe is being used for Dannifer but I am on her side especially when what she said about Jack is actually true, harsh but true.

I actually think Nicole is going to spill everything. So far the onus was on her, this might be a way to shift the ball into Eric's court and still not rush ahead unnecessarily. There's no need for Nicole to know it was to Eric she made that confession to. She can go on as before but Eric won't, more angst.

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

I for one am loving ericole. They are the one thing about days that has my full attention

zyona

It's actually nice that the son of Sami and Lucas turn out to be naive and gullible, instead of conniving like his parents. This is the one time he needs to be like his mom.

angie37
Member Avatar

As much as I want Eric to hear about those naughty thoughts of hers, I know damn well that Nicole isn't going to be allowed to complete her confession. These writers keep jerking my chains hinting and pretending that something big is about to happen with them, and I freaking love it.

It's about time that the show pen a lovestory filled with angst. It's like the good old days with my favorites of Steve/Kayla and Jack/Jenn. Ahhh, the memories... :wub:

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

Hamilton
Feb 28 2013, 11:18 PM
I like that Hope feels she knows what Nick has suffered. Maybe she'll be the one to reach him down the line before he goes completely psycho.
I would love to see this happen. I think it's a shame that we didn't see more Hope/Nick when he first got out of prison and was trying to readjust to being in the normal world. It's also a shame we haven't seen more Hope/Nick post-wedding, especially given the awesome scenes they shared after Chad interrupted it. I'd love to see Hope play somewhat of a motherly role in Nick's life, even though they are technically cousins.
Maybe we'll get more Hope/Nick when Vargas is released (which, according to the calendar in his cell, is mid-March).

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

angie37
Mar 1 2013, 12:02 AM
As much as I want Eric to hear about those naughty thoughts of hers, I know damn well that Nicole isn't going to be allowed to complete her confession. These writers keep jerking my chains hinting and pretending that something big is about to happen with them, and I freaking love it.

It's about time that the show pen a lovestory filled with angst. It's like the good old days with my favorites of Steve/Kayla and Jack/Jenn. Ahhh, the memories... :wub:

I hope you are right about them being a traditional love story. I'm all for that.

Pookie
Member Avatar

Hamilton
Feb 28 2013, 11:18 PM
What a difference a day makes. Melissa Salmons delivers.

Sami and Nick are just getting warmed up and I can't wait for more.

Liked that we had more Sami and Lucas interaction as they discuss the best way to handle Nick. I think it's important to show them agreeing, disagreeing and struggling through the best way to fight for Will's parental rights. It brings so much more to the story when Lucas is an integral part in this battle.

Will rationalizing Nick's behavior and putting most of the blame on his mom was an interesting way to go. It definitely had my attention as I pondered his character's naivety. The scenes with Will, Sonny and Lucas kept my attention because they didn't play out the way I thought they would. Will so easily giving up was quite a surprise.

Chloe and Abby were all kinds of fun! Abby was scoring the points early and then Chloe found the spot that Abby reacted to and dug in. Chloe for the win!

Father Matt tricked ya Nicole! :P She should have gone out for a drink instead of into the confessional.

I think Will is so reluctant to fully accept that Nick is not only a raging homophobe but certfiably insane because he can't even fathom dealing with that reality. Think about it. Irregardless of what he thinks of Nick, his baby mama is currently in love with the whack job, intends to marry him and have him co-parent their child. The knowledge that this bastard is not only actively thwarting your every move, but also actively trying to turn your child's mother against you too (and eventually your own child too) is probably too much for Will to bear at the moment.

He also knows that once he openly acknowledges this, there will be no stopping that freight train that is his mother. And throw in Lucas, EJ, Kate, Marlena, Roman, etc... It will be like the Hatfields vs. The McCoys. There will be absolutely NO WAY to avoid the utter cluster f@&k that will be the custody battle. And for someone who grew up in the middle of it, I'm sure subconsciously he just wants to avoid that like the plague.

But soon enough, he'll realize there is no way around it. Will needs to get angry enough to want to DESTROY Nick before he's ready to throw down. He'll get there soon enough.
Edited by Pookie, Mar 1 2013, 12:37 AM.

mer4santo
Member Avatar
Ineffable!

Outside of Dannifer specifically, today's show was fantastic!
#holyf*ckcliffhanger
#nickvsamicliffhanger
#willgivingup
#chloeverballybitchappingabby
#ericandhope
#lucastalkingsenseintosami

A SHOW LOADED WITH STAKES

FINALLY

BOOM
Edited by mer4santo, Mar 1 2013, 12:37 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply