Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings Week of 2/18: NBC press release
Topic Started: Feb 28 2013, 02:58 PM (2,141 Views)
Ellie

February 28, 2013

'DAYS OF OUR LIVES' EQUALS A 15-MONTH HIGH IN WOMEN 18-49 RATING

VERSUS THE SAME WEEK LAST YEAR, ‘DAYS’ IS UP 19 PERCENT AMONG WOMEN 18-49 VIEWERS AND UP 52 PERCENT WITH WOMEN 18-34
FOR THE FIRST QUARTER TO DATE, ‘DAYS’ IS DELIVERING INCREASES VS. LAST YEAR OF 3 PERCENT AMONG WOMEN 18-49 VIEWERS AND 8 PERCENT AMONG WOMEN 18-34

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. – February 28, 2013 – “Days of our Lives” has equaled its highest weeklong women 18-49 and women 18-34 ratings in the last 15 months, according to “live plus same day” ratings results for the week of February 18-22 from Nielsen Media Research.

For the week of February 18-22, "Days of our Lives" (1.0 rating, 6 share among women 18-49, 0.6 rating among women 18-34) tied for #4 among network daytime series in the women 18-49 demographic and tied for #3 in the women 18-34 race.

"Days" jumped 25 percent week to week in women 18-49 rating (to a 1.0 from a 0.8) to deliver its highest rating in that key demographic in five weeks (since the week of January 14-18, 1.0) and equal its top result in 15 months (since November 21-25, 2011, 1.1). The 0.6 among women 18-34 also equals the show's highest rating since the week of November 21-25, 2011 (0.8). In total viewers, “Days” averaged 2.7 million persons, its biggest audience since the week of January 14-18 (2.8 million).

Versus the same week last year, “Days” was up 52 percent among women 18-34 (with 194,000 viewers versus the year-ago 128,000), up 19 percent in the women 18-49 demo (620,000 vs. 521,000) and up 10 percent in total viewers (2.7 million vs. 2.5 million).

For the first quarter to date, "Days of our Lives" is up 8 percent in the women 18-34 category (206,000 vs. 191,000), up 3 percent in the women 18-49 demo (658,000 vs. 636,000) and up 5 percent in total viewers (2.8 million vs. 2.7 million).

Season to date, "Days of our Lives" is tied for #4 in the women 18-49 category and tied for #3 in the women 18-34 demo. Season to date, “Days” is up 2 percent in total viewers (2.7 million vs. 2.6 million).

Ratings reflect “live plus same day” data from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise noted. Season-to-date and quarter-to-date figures are averages of “live plus seven day” data except for the two most recent weeks, which are “live plus same day.”
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

This is fantastic! It's good to see the ratings reflect how awesome Days has been!

blueskies
Member Avatar

Really great news! The overall quality of the scripts is just light years ahead of where it has been for years. I don't know if it can all be tied to Lorraine Broderick, but I'm certain she's s big part of it!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

So happy to hear this. I've been loving Days since the beginning of the year and feel the quality of the shows is soooo much higher than it was a year ago. It's nice to see the ratings start to reflect that.

Sound
Member Avatar

Nice to see what the "horrible" (according to some) ratings really mean.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Go DAYS!!! :cheer:

I agree, JB - it's so nice to see the ratings reflect the increased overall quality of the show. It's been years since I've enjoyed just about every beat of it as much as I am these past several weeks. And even my least favorite storylines aren't gawd awful - as has been the case in the past.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

DAYS haters will be absent in the ratings thread this week. DAYS deserves this ratings increase, the show has been solid for a good month or so straight. Wonder how the other soaps fared this week?

am103
Member Avatar

The storylines aren't perfect, but the character interactions and slow, entertaining plot turns have been exhilerating to watch. Days really deserves big numbers right now!

cord08

Congrats to the Days cast, crew, writers, etc. I don't know what happened around the new year, but it feels like someone flipped a switch and the show just lit up across the board. It's not perfect, but I'm watching everyday...and I wasn't doing that in mid-December. Hope it continues!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

It's pretty amazing when show's can post gains like that when they've been on the air for around 40 yrs...Congrats Days.

six
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Feb 28 2013, 03:13 PM
Go DAYS!!! :cheer:

I agree, JB - it's so nice to see the ratings reflect the increased overall quality of the show. It's been years since I've enjoyed just about every beat of it as much as I am these past several weeks. And even my least favorite storylines aren't gawd awful - as has been the case in the past.

Same here. I don't even remember the last time I fast forwarded something. It's really like it's a completely different show.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

cord08
Feb 28 2013, 03:37 PM
Congrats to the Days cast, crew, writers, etc. I don't know what happened around the new year, but it feels like someone flipped a switch and the show just lit up across the board. It's not perfect, but I'm watching everyday...and I wasn't doing that in mid-December. Hope it continues!
This is exactly how I feel!!

Glad the ratings are finally starting to reflect what we've been seeing since the first of the year.

Go Days!! :cheer:

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Kirk
Feb 28 2013, 03:15 PM
DAYS haters will be absent in the ratings thread this week. DAYS deserves this ratings increase, the show has been solid for a good month or so straight. Wonder how the other soaps fared this week?
Y&R and BB were up as well as mentioned in this CBS press release.

http://www.welovesoaps.net/2013/02/cbss-entire-daytime-lineup-posts-week.html?m=1

blueskies
Member Avatar

dc cubs
Feb 28 2013, 04:05 PM
Kirk
Feb 28 2013, 03:15 PM
Y&R and BB were up as well as mentioned in this CBS press release.

http://www.welovesoaps.net/2013/02/cbss-entire-daytime-lineup-posts-week.html?m=1
You know I thought I read that the Neilson ratings would be counted differently? Did that start already?

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Either a lot more people turned their TVs on or GH is taking a serious dive. I didn't hear anything about the Nielsen's changing, but I hope you're right. Its the most flawed system I could possibly think up. So outdated that its ridiculous. I can't believe network execs, showrunners, people developing pilots, and advertisers all don't make a big change happen.

blueskies
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Feb 28 2013, 04:29 PM
Either a lot more people turned their TVs on or GH is taking a serious dive. I didn't hear anything about the Nielsen's changing, but I hope you're right. Its the most flawed system I could possibly think up. So outdated that its ridiculous. I can't believe network execs, showrunners, people developing pilots, and advertisers all don't make a big change happen.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/21/nielsen-viewership-tv-ratings_n_2736046.html

Here's one story about the changes. It doesn't appear to be in service yet, which means this is a bump up.

Of course I think there was a snow storm last week....weather always skews the ratings....

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Deserved...the show is finally watchable and enjoyable again...go figure...show improves = ratings go up!

Checkers
Member Avatar

Congrats Days!

King
Member Avatar

am103
Feb 28 2013, 03:26 PM
The storylines aren't perfect, but the character interactions and slow, entertaining plot turns have been exhilerating to watch. Days really deserves big numbers right now!
I completely agree with this.

Last week was a bit of a slump, but the dialogue and interactions keep things really entertaining.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

I don't get how anyone who has been complaining about the ratings diving the last 4 weeks is all of a sudden a 'hater of Days'....I've had my reasons for not liking this show but I haven't stopped watching for a variety of reasons. So sue me if I'm a hater...whatever....I want the show to succeed but I don't have to like some of the shit they are putting out.

I bet all of us here don't like one story or another, whether it's Dannifer, or Ejami or it was Safe or whatever......the show has been a little better in terms of dialogue and character interactions....the choppiness that existed on the show just a few months ago has disappeared. The stories are not all perfect though and the pacing still isn't right. My biggest issue is that a sweeps months should have stuff happening every week for those four weeks...and my biggest issue is that it seems that they were not writing ANY sweeps material at the beginning of sweeps...., when you think about it....mid January had more sweeps worthy stuff that the week of February 11 (the full second week of sweeps). As we see now, apparently by the week of Feb. 18 the stakes were raised and there was finally SOMETHING happening. Gabi was supposedly going into labor, Nick was upping the ante and shit was hitting the fan....this is what I've said before....Days does extremely well on 'events/moments'..not so well on much of anything else....I do believe that the change in writing is actually directly reflecting LB's hand, at least I hope so....and that can only be a good thing...why she isn't in the HW role is a mystery to me.

All I have to say is that the one story that apparently is hitting all the right notes for this show at the moment remains the Wabi/Nabi stuff.....it hit highs in mid January and it's doing it again now....everything else leaves a lot to be desired except for the great potential that Nicole and Eric seem to have. For the sake of the show I hope this week's gains continue...I don't expect they will for any long period of time and we'll be back to discussing how Days is losing steam again in April.....or we can all go by what Lysie thinks...if she hates the show, it'll be doing great, if she loves the show it'll be doing badly....lol...

The show was not solid in terms of ratings the last couple of weeks....

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply