Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
CW: 90210 to End Five-Year Run in May!
Topic Started: Feb 28 2013, 07:59 PM (756 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

The CW is relocating 90210 to the big zip code in the sky.

TVLine has learned exclusively that the network has decided to end the 90s reboot in May after five seasons.

The closure-filled series finale, which will likely be paired with a retrospective, is set to air on Monday, May 13.

Less-than-zippy ratings led to The CWs call, as 90210 this season alone slid from a million viewers and a 0.5 demo rating (with its opener) to, at last tally, under 600,000 viewers and a 0.3, shedding a significant chunk of its Carrie Diaries lead-in.

90210, a continuation of the 10-season cultural phenom Beverly Hills, 90210, launched to much fanfare in 2008 with Jennie Garth among the original cast members who, for a time, reprised their roles in the new incarnation.

http://tvline.com/2013/02/28/90210-cancelled-by-the-cw/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm surprised it lasted 5 seasons. I lost interest after 2.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

DrewHamilton
Feb 28 2013, 10:54 PM
I'm surprised it lasted 5 seasons. I lost interest after 2.
Me too.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I lost interest when they decided to stop really integrating the old crew. New crew was OK, but not strong enough for that imho.

Mason

I don't even associate this show with the original anymore. As far as I'm concerned, it was just a bad rip-off and attempt to cash in on nostalgia.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

I enjoyed the Melrose Place "reboot" more than this.

King
Member Avatar

I LOVED LOVED LOVED the Melrose one.

90210 was good for season 3. I think that is the only time I ever really enjoyed watching it. But I have watched all five seasons. I am looking forward to it being over.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

A retrospective for a show no one watched that only went 5 years?? :drunk:

OliveAnn

Drew
Mar 1 2013, 05:11 AM
A retrospective for a show no one watched that only went 5 years?? :drunk:
5 years is a success on the CW, since most of their shows run a year or two. Trust me, even Nikita will have a retrospective, even though nobody watches it and it is kept alive so that it could be sold into syndication. Not that I understand who would watch it in syndication because nobody is watching it now.

I watched 90210 in the beginning because I was a HUGE fan of the original. And it was alright until Rebecca Rand Kirshner Sinclair took over. She turned it into a hot mess where everybody sleeps with everybody. There was no quality or depth of the original left. And the ratings showed it.

KlausMikaelsonfan

season 1 was the best season, after that it got really boring.

S1 had the homely feel. Liam had that mysterious badboy to him, Ethan & Annie were cute, Adrianna was interesting.

Edge1978
Member Avatar

King
Mar 1 2013, 02:36 AM
I LOVED LOVED LOVED the Melrose one.

90210 was good for season 3. I think that is the only time I ever really enjoyed watching it. But I have watched all five seasons. I am looking forward to it being over.
Same here. After Season 3 it went down hill. I still watch but only out of habit and if there is nothing else to watch LOL

King
Member Avatar

Ivy was my favorite character.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I stopped around Season 2 as well, LOL.

Not shocked by this at all. It took a complete nosedive in the ratings this season, not that it was ever that highly rated to begin with.
Edited by KMan101, Mar 1 2013, 01:25 PM.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

px780
Feb 28 2013, 11:13 PM
I lost interest when they decided to stop really integrating the old crew. New crew was OK, but not strong enough for that imho.
Agreed. I only watched the first few episodes of the pilot season to see Doherty and Garth back in action and I only watched their scenes. They should have done a better job keeping them around.

Mason

Casey
Mar 1 2013, 01:45 PM
px780
Feb 28 2013, 11:13 PM
Agreed. I only watched the first few episodes of the pilot season to see Doherty and Garth back in action and I only watched their scenes. They should have done a better job keeping them around.
And, really, how hard would it have been to keep them involved on a longer recurring basis -- at least until the new kids graduated. Both characters worked at the high school and one was the sister of a regular. For that matter, we should have seen Nat more than just that one time. But I'm over it by now.

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

it about time they end it, it is nothing like classic BH 90210... I lost interseting after few episode in season 2

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

The only thing I liked about this show was when Naomi and Liam were a couple. After they split I stopped watching.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply