Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, March 1st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Mar 1 2013, 07:31 AM (14,759 Views)
concerned
Member Avatar

six
Mar 2 2013, 10:33 AM
Cathalina
Mar 1 2013, 11:00 PM
Guessgirl, and herein lies the rub for me with this storyline. Yes, Nick is homophobic, but beyond that he makes more sense than the rest of them put together with maybe the exceptions of Lucas and Sonny. Will, Sami, and the rest of the Brady's have been very entitled when it comes to the law and most of their crimes were done in cold blood. Nick killed Trent, a straight out villain who attacked Melanie at the time, and he paid for it. Sorry Sami, not everyone's daddy is in charge of the Salem PD.
I don't think Nick comes out on top when his crimes are compared to Will's. Both of them tried to kill villains. Will was young and Nick was on pills. He allowed Caroline (and possibly other people - I don't remember) to be arrested. He manipulated Melanie into thinking she was the killer so that she'd be dependent on him, then he kidnapped and assaulted her. She could have been killed. Nick did serve his time, but only because he got caught.
Cough cough Nicole. Pregnant Nicole arrested and in jail attacked by inmates.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

six
Mar 2 2013, 11:07 AM
Cathalina
Mar 2 2013, 10:59 AM
six
Cathalina
Mar 1 2013, 11:00 PM
Guessgirl, and herein lies the rub for me with this storyline. Yes, Nick is homophobic, but beyond that he makes more sense than the rest of them put together with maybe the exceptions of Lucas and Sonny. Will, Sami, and the rest of the Brady's have been very entitled when it comes to the law and most of their crimes were done in cold blood. Nick killed Trent, a straight out villain who attacked Melanie at the time, and he paid for it. Sorry Sami, not everyone's daddy is in charge of the Salem PD.
I don't think Nick comes out on top when his crimes are compared to Will's. Both of them tried to kill villains. Will was young and Nick was on pills. He allowed Caroline (and possibly other people - I don't remember) to be arrested. He manipulated Melanie into thinking she was the killer so that she'd be dependent on him, then he kidnapped and assaulted her. She could have been killed. Nick did serve his time, but only because he got caught.
At the time, Nick was addicted to prescription pain meds which he was given after his injuries sustained saving Melanie. Yeesh, MelaMe, the gift that keeps on giving!
I know, which is why I included that in the post, lol. Will wasn't on drugs, but he was a young teen who was under an incredible amount of stress at the time.
Stress which was his mums fault.

concerned
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Mar 2 2013, 01:24 PM
Dee-anne
Mar 2 2013, 01:13 PM
Honeybees
Mar 2 2013, 12:48 PM
Dee-anne
Mar 2 2013, 11:20 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed Nick's(BB) performance. Will came with all his people behind him, and Nick was not phased in the least. Everything he said to them was just truth and to the point, so they had nothing to come back with. I couldn't help it, I felt so proud of him. I suppose he will lose in the end because despite how dysfunctional Will's family is, The baby is Will's and nothing he does can change that but, Nick certainly keeps this baby story interesting. And anyone that can lay into Sami and leave her with nothing to say, is my hero. I enjoy Will whenever he does as well. C.M/B.B are good at it.
One thing Nick said was not the truth. He said the one constant was his love and support for Gabi. He wasn't loving or supporting of Gabi when he thought the child she was carrying was Chad's. I recall some choice words he had for her then. It was only when he found out the child was Will's that he became obsessed with marrying Gabi and raising the child.

What did he say to her? Did he disown her, or said he wanted nothing more to do with her since she is carrying Chad's child, then changed his mind when he found out that it was Will's. I haven't seen those scenes. I thought he was always interested in Gabi no matter what. What exactly happened why you think he stopped loving her for those moments. Just because you are angry with someone you love, it does not automatically mean that you stop loving that person.

It is entirely possible that Nick is just obsessed with Gabi, or just desperate for a family of his own, but all I have seen so far is him protecting Gabi and trying to do what is best for him and Gabi. It is also nice that he is there to defend her. I haven't paid attention much to this baby story, because as far as I am concerned, Nick and Sami should just butt out and let the decisions be between Will and Gabi but, I guess the writers wanted drama, so that's why we have scenes with Sami ranting at Gabi for no good reason, and me wishing Someone would just smack her and tell her to shut up.
He went beyond wanting nothing to do with her, but that was certainly part of it. I don't recall the exact words, but he basically called her a lying, using slut and was raging at her when Will intervened and owned up to being the baby's father. Then, Nick turned on a dime. But they were not the words or actions of a man who loved a woman unconditionally.
One could say that chad was more of a threat to nicks relationship with gabi.
Chad was someone she had been obsessed with to the point of hiring a stalker and leaving his girlfriend in a basement. If there was something to tie chad and gabi together there is more of a chance habit might cling to that hope. Whereas I don't believe nick thinks will is an obstacle to their relationship.

concerned
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Mar 2 2013, 02:45 PM
Dee-anne
Mar 2 2013, 02:22 PM
Honeybees
Mar 2 2013, 01:24 PM
Dee-anne
Mar 2 2013, 01:13 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
He went beyond wanting nothing to do with her, but that was certainly part of it. I don't recall the exact words, but he basically called her a lying, using slut and was raging at her when Will intervened and owned up to being the baby's father. Then, Nick turned on a dime. But they were not the words or actions of a man who loved a woman unconditionally.
I just watched the scene. I was actually feeling sorry for Nick. He thought Gabi lied to him and was playing him all the time. He thought everything she told him before was all a lie and he no longer believed that she loved him. I could clearly see why he thought that. He was basically the last to know that she was pregnant. He thought her baby was Chad's and when Chad came to the door, he opened it and said, to Gabi to tell him that he is the baby's father or he (Nick) will. Gaby only had to shed a few tears, tell him again he was the one she loved and not to do this, and Nick melted. He stopped insisting for her to tell Chad.

He did call her a liar but, at no time did he call her a using slut.

This is Nick who called Sami a bitch, which she richly deserved but, he apologised for it. Couldn't see him calling Gabi a slut.
He only made her cry a little bit? Shame on me for thinking he's a dick. But of course, when a man yells at you, puts you down and calls you a liar - it's only out of love! And after all, when a man accuses us of lying and makes us cry when we're pregnant, well, then, it's him who deserves the pity!

Gabi's crime was finding herself pregnant and telling the father first. Shame! Shame!
About to say something here about days tptb and what are the elements for a great love.
Crying s only just getting started. You know how the rest of it goes.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Matt
Mar 2 2013, 01:12 PM
So.... essentially Nick was kinda like Nighttime Nick? Did he have a bumpit?
:roflol: I hope so!

six
Member Avatar

concerned
Mar 2 2013, 03:56 PM
six
Mar 2 2013, 11:07 AM
Cathalina
Mar 2 2013, 10:59 AM
six

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
At the time, Nick was addicted to prescription pain meds which he was given after his injuries sustained saving Melanie. Yeesh, MelaMe, the gift that keeps on giving!
I know, which is why I included that in the post, lol. Will wasn't on drugs, but he was a young teen who was under an incredible amount of stress at the time.
Stress which was his mums fault.
I don't blame her. She was in a very bad position at the time and did the best she could (for once).

Floridagirl
Member Avatar

Two things: 1) isn't it weird that both Gabi and Nick sorta tortured Mel?
2) Why did Nick think that the baby was Chad's, did Gabi tell him she had been with Chad?

kelly777
Member Avatar

cord08
Mar 1 2013, 02:40 PM
gailwinters
Mar 1 2013, 02:21 PM
What a good show. Even though I'm on TeamWill/Sami, Nick's smackdown of the Hortons was fabulous! For some reason, I suspect that those papers that Will is about to sign may not be the ones that Nick thinks they are. EJ's reentrance to the scene right before the "notary" arrived seemed too much of a coincidence.
I think you're spot on about EJ and those papers. They also made a point of Nick handing the papers to EJ to "look over" for authenticity.
I think something is fishy about the legal papers. It isn't like EJ is going to point out any flaws in the documents to Nick or the lawyer. I think he might even stand right there and let Will sign the papers with everyone looking on knowing full well they are not binding because something is wrong with them.

Floridagirl
Member Avatar

You know I just thought of something, maybe already posted by someone else, but if that was Sami's phone that she picked up then Nick was messin with it before everyone came in.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

DawnElicia
Mar 1 2013, 05:05 PM
You would think that Gabi would have spoken with Will before she decided to name the baby without him.
She probably feels that it is up to her and Nick to name the baby. She doesn't really act like she cares if Will is involved. She did not even tell Will about the sonogram. He had to hear about it from Abigail.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Teliaia

Floridagirl
Mar 2 2013, 07:27 PM
You know I just thought of something, maybe already posted by someone else, but if that was Sami's phone that she picked up then Nick was messin with it before everyone came in.
I thought about that too.

Cathalina

kay
Mar 2 2013, 08:56 PM
DawnElicia
You would think that Gabi would have spoken with Will before she decided to name the baby without him.
She probably feels that it is up to her and Nick to name the baby. She doesn't really act like she cares if Will is involved. She did not even tell Will about the sonogram. He had to hear about it from Abigail.
:shrug: And Will would object to Gabi naming the baby after her dead sister and the infant who was raised as his sister until her death? I don't think Will would have an objection to the name. Or maybe they should name her after the woman who raised him, took care of him, and was a constant source of stability to him...Caroline is a nice name.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

Cathalina
Mar 2 2013, 09:29 PM
kay
Mar 2 2013, 08:56 PM
DawnElicia
:shrug: And Will would object to Gabi naming the baby after her dead sister and the infant who was raised as his sister until her death? I don't think Will would have an objection to the name. Or maybe they should name her after the woman who raised him, took care of him, and was a constant source of stability to him...Caroline is a nice name.
I do not think he would object to the name she chose it just would have been nice if she would have discussed it with him and let him be involved.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

annie21

I guess I have a different take on the Chloe/Abby fight and the Jen/Abby convo afterwards. I wasn't cheering Chloe on, and I find the Jen/Abby convo to be just another blatant attempt by the writers to rationalize their bad storytelling.

First, I've said it before, but I find it offensive that these writers killed Jack off only to continue to use him to prop their lame stories. Second, I feel like the writers are thumbing their noses at anyone who objects to Dannifer by having Chloe voice those audience objections only to have Jennifer and Abby mock and demonize her -- and by extention anyone who dares to have that point of view.

Abby - She said that Daddy was barely cold in his grave and I was already pimping you out to Daniel.
Jen - Dear God.
Abby - I know. If she hadn't said that I don't think I would have lost it like that. I'm just so ashamed.
Jen - Don't you be ashamed that you lost it. She was being cruel and it is unconscionable what she said.
Abby - Still I should have just kept it together. Chloe is a mean and horrible person and she's shallow.
Jen - I think your father would have completely understood just like I do and I think he would have been so impressed by the way you've stood by me through all of this. ... I know that your Dad would be so proud of you.

In the dialogue above, if you take away "Chloe" and substitute those in the audience who feel as she does, then the writers are calling those audience members "cruel," "mean," and "horrible." Thus, those of us who dare to dislike what Jennifer is doing and how Abby is defending her have been dismissed and put in our place by the writers via the characters.

Similarly, once again the writers had the characters invoke Jack's name to support their plot choices. Everything they're doing is okay because that's the way Jack would have wanted it. Not cool, writers. Not cool.

MarDar did something similar during the height (depth?) of the triangle mess when they had Jennifer wonder if she was "fickle" (a term used heavily in tweets and on message boards to describe Jennifer's behavior) only to have Hope dismiss it as ridiculous. The two proceeded to laugh at the very notion.

So when it comes to Dannifer, the writers may be listening, but they're sending a clear message that they don't like nor do they agree with what they're hearing, and they will continue merrily on their way in spite of any viewer sentiment to the contrary.

Edited by annie21, Mar 4 2013, 12:25 AM.

bomber
Member Avatar

annie21
Mar 2 2013, 10:54 PM
I guess I have a different take on the Chloe/Abby fight and the Jen/Abby convo afterwards. I wasn't cheering Chloe on, and I find the Jen/Abby convo to be just another blatant attempt by the writers to rationalize their bad storytelling.

First, I've said it before, but I find it offensive that these writers killed Jack off only to continue to use him to prop their lame stories. Second, I feel like the writers are thumbing their noses at anyone who objects to Dannifer by having Chloe voice those audience objections only to have Jennifer and Abby mock and demonize her -- and by extention anyone who dares to have that point of view.

Abby - She said that Daddy was barely cold in his grave and I was already pimping you out to Daniel.
Jen - Dear God.
Abby - I know. If she hadn't said that I don't think I would have lost it like that. I'm just so ashamed.
Jen - Don't you be ashamed that you lost it. She was being cruel and it is unconscionable what she said.
Abby - Still I should have just kept it together. Chloe is a mean and horrible person and she's shallow.
Jen - I think your father would have completely understood just like I do and I think he would have been so impressed by the way you've stood by me through all of this. ... I know that your Dad would be so proud of you.

In the dialogue above, if you take away "Chloe" and substitute those in ME! who feel as she does, then the writers are calling those audience members "cruel," "mean," and "horrible." Thus, those of us who dare to dislike what Jennifer is doing and how Abby is defending her have been dismissed and put in our place by the writers via the characters.

Similarly, once again the writers had the characters invoke Jack's name to support their plot choices. Everything they're doing is okay because that's the way Jack would have wanted it. Not cool, writers. Not cool.

MarDar did something similar during the height (depth?) of the triangle mess when they had Jennifer wonder if she was "fickle" (a term used heavily in tweets and on message boards to describe Jennifer's behavior) only to have Hope dismiss it as ridiculous. The two proceeded to laugh at the very notion.

So when it comes to Dannifer, the writers may be listening, but they're sending a clear message that they don't like nor do they agree with what they're hearing, and they will continue merrily on their way in spite of any viewer sentiment to the contrary.

I'm sure you're right. it's always the "mean" person i.e. Nicole, Chloe or Anne who points out how quickly Jack has been disregarded. Everyone else acts like Jen is so lucky to get another chance with Dan. :huh: I have a particular issue with Jen saying thaat Abby was "defending" Jack. Huh?? How??

mer4santo
Member Avatar

I think its funny that i remember little of the past six years of this show.

Dee-anne

annie21

Jen - Dear God.

In the dialogue above, if you take away "Chloe" and substitute those in ME! who feel as she does, then the writers are calling those audience members "cruel," "mean," and "horrible." Thus, those of us who dare to dislike what Jennifer is doing and how Abby is defending her have been dismissed and put in our place by the writers via the characters.

I.T.A.

There is not much people to route for on this show anymore. I am a Nicole fan, so of course I wquld route for her to find some happiness and things to go her way for a change. Love Chloe but, I am already bored with her story.

They have turned both Brady and Sami into complete nincompoopes so that they can continue with the Kristen and Brady and EJ and Sami so called relationship.

Daniel and Jennifer relationship is so not interesting, that it does not matter what they have Abby, Jennifer and all the other characters that they use to try, and sell it say. It is never going to work. Chloe is totally wasting her time, because it is obvious she is not going to win in the end, and I would rather to watch her doing somthing constructive than to be trading insults with Jennifer and Abby all for the sake of getting Daniel, who so far has shown no interest in her, thus making Danloe no longer routable, and Dannifer was already dead in the waters from the begginning. They are better at odds, than as a romantic couple and no amount of third party they bring in as agnst is going to make them interesting.

The Will/Gabi story, I don't really care much about, I just enjoy watching Nick perform and, I do enjoy the Nick and Will interaction. I do know that if EJ and Sami will be scheming to bring down Nick, I will definitely not be routing for them, and I don't care how bad they want to make Nick look, so that Sami and EJ can be justified in whatever the hell they will have them plan to do to him.

I am enjoying Nicole and Eric, but it is difficult to route for them to be a couple when he is a priest and I don't want him to break his vows.

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

Dee-anne
Mar 3 2013, 12:13 AM
annie21

Jen - Dear God.

I.T.A.

There is not much people to route for on this show anymore. I am a Nicole fan, so of course I wquld route for her to find some happiness and things to go her way for a change. Love Chloe but, I am already bored with her story.

They have turned both Brady and Sami into complete nincompoopes so that they can continue with the Kristen and Brady and EJ and Sami so called relationship.

Daniel and Jennifer relationship is so not interesting, that it does not matter what they have Abby, Jennifer and all the other characters that they use to try, and sell it say. It is never going to work. Chloe is totally wasting her time, because it is obvious she is not going to win in the end, and I would rather to watch her doing somthing constructive than to be trading insults with Jennifer and Abby all for the sake of getting Daniel, who so far has shown no interest in her, thus making Danloe no longer routable, and Dannifer was already dead in the waters from the begginning. They are better at odds, than as a romantic couple and no amount of third party they bring in as agnst is going to make them interesting.

The Will/Gabi story, I don't really care much about, I just enjoy watching Nick perform and, I do enjoy the Nick and Will interaction. I do know that if EJ and Sami will be scheming to bring down Nick, I will definitely not be routing for them, and I don't care how bad they want to make Nick look, so that Sami and EJ can be justified in whatever the hell they will have them plan to do to him.

I am enjoying Nicole and Eric, but it is difficult to route for them to be a couple when he is a priest and I don't want him to break his vows.

I agree about the Eric and Nicole stuff.

Being a priest is serious. You took vows and you should stick with them. I dont want him to break his vows either.

Romancer66

Dee-anne
annie21

Jen - Dear God.

I.T.A.

TIIC could pour hot fudge sauce all over Dannifer, and it wouldn't make them palatable. (And it's a waste of good fudge too.) I have to believe that, sooner or later, someone will have the guts/common sense to recognize that this couple is a dud and no amount of pimping, propping, or introducing one-dimensional interlopers is going to render them rootable. I just hope that someone has enough clout to insist that the plug be pulled.

Personally, I think this aggressive pushing of Dannifer may be an ego-driven move by T&W. It's no secret that they were pro Sami/Rafe, but it looks as if the higher-ups wanted/insisted upon Sami/EJ. So now they're flogging the hell out of their other pet couple, Dannifer, determined to win this round. Except that I suspect Sami/Rafe had a much larger fan base than Dannifer ever had or will have, so lots of luck with that, chimps. :rolleyes:

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

Romancer66
Mar 3 2013, 01:24 AM
Dee-anne
annie21

Jen - Dear God.

I.T.A.

TIIC could pour hot fudge sauce all over Dannifer, and it wouldn't make them palatable. (And it's a waste of good fudge too.) I have to believe that, sooner or later, someone will have the guts/common sense to recognize that this couple is a dud and no amount of pimping, propping, or introducing one-dimensional interlopers is going to render them rootable. I just hope that someone has enough clout to insist that the plug be pulled.

Personally, I think this aggressive pushing of Dannifer may be an ego-driven move by T&W. It's no secret that they were pro Sami/Rafe, but it looks as if the higher-ups wanted/insisted upon Sami/EJ. So now they're flogging the hell out of their other pet couple, Dannifer, determined to win this round. Except that I suspect Sami/Rafe had a much larger fan base than Dannifer ever had or will have, so lots of luck with that, chimps. :rolleyes:
I can not believe that Days has allowed their writers let their bias appear so clearly it is downright idiotic move to force characters, couples that the audience do not find appealing in different ways, a good writers does not let his ego control his writing; and as long as the writers have too much bias and ego, it's just fine that the network goes in and control when it is so clear.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply