Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, March 1st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Mar 1 2013, 07:31 AM (14,826 Views)
Kali
Member Avatar

DawnElicia
Mar 3 2013, 12:39 AM
Dee-anne
Mar 3 2013, 12:13 AM
annie21
Mar 2 2013, 10:54 PM
I guess I have a different take on the Chloe/Abby fight and the Jen/Abby convo afterwards. I wasn't cheering Chloe on, and I find the Jen/Abby convo to be just another blatant attempt by the writers to rationalize their bad storytelling.

First, I've said it before, but I find it offensive that these writers killed Jack off only to continue to use him to prop their lame stories. Second, I feel like the writers are thumbing their noses at anyone who objects to Dannifer by having Chloe voice those audience objections only to have Jennifer and Abby mock and demonize her -- and by extention anyone who dares to have that point of view.

Abby - She said that Daddy was barely cold in his grave and I was already pimping you out to Daniel.
Jen - Dear God.
Abby - I know. If she hadn't said that I don't think I would have lost it like that. I'm just so ashamed.
Jen - Don't you be ashamed that you lost it. She was being cruel and it is unconscionable what she said.
Abby - Still I should have just kept it together. Chloe is a mean and horrible person and she's shallow.
Jen - I think your father would have completely understood just like I do and I think he would have been so impressed by the way you've stood by me through all of this. ... I know that your Dad would be so proud of you.

In the dialogue above, if you take away "Chloe" and substitute those in ME! who feel as she does, then the writers are calling those audience members "cruel," "mean," and "horrible." Thus, those of us who dare to dislike what Jennifer is doing and how Abby is defending her have been dismissed and put in our place by the writers via the characters.

Similarly, once again the writers had the characters invoke Jack's name to support their plot choices. Everything they're doing is okay because that's the way Jack would have wanted it. Not cool, writers. Not cool.

MarDar did something similar during the height (depth?) of the triangle mess when they had Jennifer wonder if she was "fickle" (a term used heavily in tweets and on message boards to describe Jennifer's behavior) only to have Hope dismiss it as ridiculous. The two proceeded to laugh at the very notion.

So when it comes to Dannifer, the writers may be listening, but they're sending a clear message that they don't like nor do they agree with what they're hearing, and they will continue merrily on their way in spite of any viewer sentiment to the contrary.

I.T.A.

There is not much people to route for on this show anymore. I am a Nicole fan, so of course I wquld route for her to find some happiness and things to go her way for a change. Love Chloe but, I am already bored with her story.

They have turned both Brady and Sami into complete nincompoopes so that they can continue with the Kristen and Brady and EJ and Sami so called relationship.

Daniel and Jennifer relationship is so not interesting, that it does not matter what they have Abby, Jennifer and all the other characters that they use to try, and sell it say. It is never going to work. Chloe is totally wasting her time, because it is obvious she is not going to win in the end, and I would rather to watch her doing somthing constructive than to be trading insults with Jennifer and Abby all for the sake of getting Daniel, who so far has shown no interest in her, thus making Danloe no longer routable, and Dannifer was already dead in the waters from the begginning. They are better at odds, than as a romantic couple and no amount of third party they bring in as agnst is going to make them interesting.

The Will/Gabi story, I don't really care much about, I just enjoy watching Nick perform and, I do enjoy the Nick and Will interaction. I do know that if EJ and Sami will be scheming to bring down Nick, I will definitely not be routing for them, and I don't care how bad they want to make Nick look, so that Sami and EJ can be justified in whatever the hell they will have them plan to do to him.

I am enjoying Nicole and Eric, but it is difficult to route for them to be a couple when he is a priest and I don't want him to break his vows.

I agree about the Eric and Nicole stuff.

Being a priest is serious. You took vows and you should stick with them. I dont want him to break his vows either.
I want Eric to break his vows! But I want to watch him go through some serious inner torment first. It is angsty! I'm loving this story.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cathalina

The last time I remember a network stepping in and dictating couples was on AMC! and look how well THAT worked. I think the network SHOULD step in if the writers go off the rails, like on OLTL paired Marty and Todd(the man who raped her). ABC forced the writers to stop.

camera shy

Cathalina
Mar 2 2013, 09:29 PM
kay
Mar 2 2013, 08:56 PM
DawnElicia
Mar 1 2013, 05:05 PM
You would think that Gabi would have spoken with Will before she decided to name the baby without him.
She probably feels that it is up to her and Nick to name the baby. She doesn't really act like she cares if Will is involved. She did not even tell Will about the sonogram. He had to hear about it from Abigail.
:shrug: And Will would object to Gabi naming the baby after her dead sister and the infant who was raised as his sister until her death? I don't think Will would have an objection to the name. Or maybe they should name her after the woman who raised him, took care of him, and was a constant source of stability to him...Caroline is a nice name.
:hail:

Floridagirl
Member Avatar

I wanted Nicole and Rafe to get together kinda, because they are funny and so cute together. I don't want Erik to break his vows because of Nicole because then once again she looks bad and I don't want him to do something he will regret or feel guilty about and it be her fault. If she were to get with Rafe though she would always carry a torch for Erik. I also hate the Dannifer SL, it just goes nowhere and is hard to watch. I wish she would go back to reporter mode and investigate Nick! I wouldn't trust Dr. Tan around my beautiful daughter (or even an ugly one).

Dee-anne

Floridagirl
Mar 3 2013, 10:11 AM
I wanted Nicole and Rafe to get together kinda, because they are funny and so cute together. I don't want Erik to break his vows because of Nicole because then once again she looks bad and I don't want him to do something he will regret or feel guilty about and it be her fault. If she were to get with Rafe though she would always carry a torch for Erik. I also hate the Dannifer SL, it just goes nowhere and is hard to watch. I wish she would go back to reporter mode and investigate Nick! I wouldn't trust Dr. Tan around my beautiful daughter (or even an ugly one).
I don't want them to put Nicole and Rafe together. They are fine as friends but would be boring as a couple. Friends they should remain. They should bring on someone new for Rafe and someone new for Lucas. Write proper believable love stories and stop with the musical chairs. You can't invest, and it is boring. They have already in the space of one year, had Nicole saying she loved EJ, then next having a crush on Rafe, thank goodness they did not take it any furhter, and before long they had her telling Daniel that she loved him, and when we think she was still trying to recover from her love for Daniel, we now find out that she loves Eric. I won't even start on the ridiculousness of Sami, and her men, and the more ridiculous story of her choosing EJ over men that has been good to her. On what planet would a woman choose to go with someone who has done the things that EJ has done to her, unless she is suffering from some seriously low self esteem.

I like the chemistry that Nicole and Eric has, and they are both good actors. She has the best chemistry with EJ but, he is no longer worthy of her. There is no one else on canvass for her, but Eric. If he is going to remain a priest, they should bring on someone new for Nicole, or put her back with Brady. As long as they write Brady properly and fix what they messed up before, then Brady and Nicole would be good. They definately have that romantic chemistry.

Floridagirl
Member Avatar

I would love for Nicole and Eric to work, I just don't want him to leave the Priesthood for her or because of her. I want him to maybe realize for other reasons that it is not his calling. There are plenty of lay people that work in the church and contribute greatly, Eric doesn't have to remain a priest.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I've actually been watching this episode, so I hope it's OK to weigh in late :-)
1. The hurling of the words "slut" and "bitch" are SO uncreative. Abby sounds like a petulant child trying to get her bad girl on. No match. Chloe won, even if she is manipulating. Abby was just bad. And the choke scene? Why didn't Nadia struggle? Not well done.
2. Nicole............and Eric..........Hmmmm. My first impressions of Eric. (Yeah, I'm a little late). Kinda bland. I hope they start kicking it up a notch. Good to see Father Papa Walton, though!
3. Nick, et al.......this could be intriguing, even with Sami, although why does Sami have to interject about "SHE and Will" getting to see the baby? This shouldn't be about her. I have to pause when she talks about her grandchild while strutting in a miniskirt.
OK, since I watched about 3 episodes back to back, hope I'm not getting things mixed up!

Cathalina

Eric could leave the church and still remain a Catholic in good standing. Why shouldn't he leave if he realizes he loves Nicole? Makes neither a bad person IMO.

Floridagirl
Member Avatar

I guess what I am saying is that his leaving should be his decision based on what he wants and not be a guilt thing for Nicole, he will have to own his decision and I would like a lot of drama and contemplation on his part. I want this man to struggle with this decision and then go for it.

King
Member Avatar

Have Daniel and Nancy ever interacted on-screen before? No, right?

King
Member Avatar

I can't get behind Eric and Nicole because I can't get behind Greg Vaughn as Eric. He was horribly miscast. I like him, but I wish they brought him on as someone else.

So random, but I wish they'd bring back Rex and Cassie. I feel like they'd fit in with this cast right now pretty well. And the writing.
Edited by King, Mar 3 2013, 02:15 PM.

six
Member Avatar

King
Mar 3 2013, 02:12 PM
No. Nancy left years before Daniel even existed.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

blueskies
Mar 2 2013, 04:45 PM
Matt
Mar 2 2013, 01:12 PM
So.... essentially Nick was kinda like Nighttime Nick? Did he have a bumpit?
:roflol: I hope so!
OMG your avi... dying. :lol:

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

six
Mar 3 2013, 03:28 PM
King
Mar 3 2013, 02:12 PM
No. Nancy left years before Daniel even existed.
*Sigh* The good ole days...

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

kay
Mar 2 2013, 09:33 PM
Cathalina
Mar 2 2013, 09:29 PM
kay
Mar 2 2013, 08:56 PM
DawnElicia
Mar 1 2013, 05:05 PM
You would think that Gabi would have spoken with Will before she decided to name the baby without him.
She probably feels that it is up to her and Nick to name the baby. She doesn't really act like she cares if Will is involved. She did not even tell Will about the sonogram. He had to hear about it from Abigail.
:shrug: And Will would object to Gabi naming the baby after her dead sister and the infant who was raised as his sister until her death? I don't think Will would have an objection to the name. Or maybe they should name her after the woman who raised him, took care of him, and was a constant source of stability to him...Caroline is a nice name.
I do not think he would object to the name she chose it just would have been nice if she would have discussed it with him and let him be involved.
Exactly i am sure that Will wouldnt havnet objected to the name. I just think it would have been nice if she says. Hey WIll i am thinking of naming the baby this name.

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

Cathalina
Mar 3 2013, 07:47 AM
The last time I remember a network stepping in and dictating couples was on AMC! and look how well THAT worked. I think the network SHOULD step in if the writers go off the rails, like on OLTL paired Marty and Todd(the man who raped her). ABC forced the writers to stop.
What AMC couple did the network force them to write.

Deverauxfan
Member Avatar

^ Ryan and Greenlee.

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

Posted Image This Nick/Gabi/Will/Sonny storyline is the best DOOL storyline in years! I love how it's bringing characters together that ordinarily wouldn't be and creating dynamics are in play that wouldn't be otherwise.

Will is weak and it's impossible to root for him. All he does is whine and despair, he has this entire storyline that doesn't attract me as a viewer. He's been reactive instead of proactive. I want to scream at him "fight back!"

Nick is so bad he is good! BB is rocking it! Nick is manipulative but he's also right. It's not like he said anything that was a lie. He brought up everything at just the right time, especially Sami threatening to send Gabi to prison. I love how Nick uses the little details to his advantage. Like Sami's history of messing things up.

Pookie
Member Avatar

Cathalina
Mar 3 2013, 12:12 PM
Eric could leave the church and still remain a Catholic in good standing. Why shouldn't he leave if he realizes he loves Nicole? Makes neither a bad person IMO.
Depends on the circumstances. If he gives in to lust and sleeps with Nicole BEFORE he leaves, well Nicole would never live that down and Eric would leave the priesthood in shame. If he and Nicole decide they are in love and committed to being together for the rest of their lives, then that would be fine. But I suspect Nicole has a whole lot of growing up to do before she reaches that point. I'm new to the show, but I get the impression she tends to be reckless and impulsive in most of her life decisions. A decision like this requires much maturity, gravitas and forethought. Something Nicole clearly needs to work on.

As far as Eric is concered. I suspect he has a whole lot of guilt to work through. I still think there is more to this Neema in the Congo story that he has already told Nicole. Whatever happened, I think the resulting guilt Eric felt drove him into the priesthood. I think they're revisit his history in the Congo eventually and when that's resolved (probably with Nicole's emotional support) he might choose to leave the priesthood then.

Cathalina

That is true 100%. A set of circumstances has to be met for Eric to be released in good standing with the church, but with the fast and loose Catholicism in this show (Sami getting married HOW MANY TIMES in church) who knows?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply