Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for Week of February 18-22
Topic Started: Mar 1 2013, 07:46 AM (2,638 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,726,000 (+126,000/+142,000)
2. B&B 3,625,000 (+105,000/+541,000)
3. GH 2,885,000 (+243,000/+531,000)
4. DAYS 2,734,000 (+288,000/+245,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.4/10 (same/same)
2. B&B 2.6/8 (same/+.3)
3. GH 2.1/6 (+.1/+.3)
4. DAYS 2.0/6 (+.1/+.2)

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2013/03/ratings-all-soaps-up-big-in-total-viewers
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

DAYS
Monday: 2.0/2,720,000
Tuesday: 2.0/2,656,000
Wednesday: 2.1/2,733,000
Thursday: 2.0/2,794,000
Friday: 2.1/2,766,000

samwel

TFP.

These numbers are amazing and I am so happy for DOOL. The show as a whole is more cohesive, there is no more stupid triangle around Sami, the umbrella WABI sl, Ericole and no one set dominating the show.

Even if the numbers fall a bit next week, once they maintain their demos like they have been able too and have rises like this time and again, we are good.

Its just like I was saying last week, DOOL is doing just fine.
Edited by samwel, Mar 1 2013, 07:59 AM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

It's great to see DAYS post such consistent numbers...especially 2s all week long!

leah09
Member Avatar

So happy for Days. :cheer: The show has been so much better lately. I'm not thrilled with every storyline (like Danifer and the way Chloe is being thrown under the bus to prop them) BUT it's been must see TV for me. I think not knowing the day ahead info is helping as well and (although I'll miss reading them) the lack of spoilers will help keep the mystery going.
It's really refreshing not knowing every little detail when I tune in. :)

TFP!

lysie
Member Avatar

I think the real success story this week is those Friday numbers.

blueskies
Member Avatar

the numbers are very good; i realized last night though that the Monday was Presidents Day, and at the end of the week there was a snowstorm. Granted, Days was pretty even all throughout the week, so perhaps these things didn't play as big of a role as I think.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I'll buy a little Presidents Day boost. Not buying a snowstorm helping the show. I mean there might be some people stuck in their house watching TV all day, but half of those people also didn't have electricity.

Very happy to see all the shows rising and very happy for GH and DAYS. DAYS' demos look really good.
Edited by DiMeraFan67, Mar 1 2013, 09:24 AM.

Marlene

Great numbers. Thrilled to see them.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 1 2013, 08:25 AM
I think the real success story this week is those Friday numbers.
Yeah, they had a really good Thursday cliffhanger with Gabi's premature labor and the "she's going to lose the baby" line at the end of the epi.

james0479
Member Avatar

Nice to see these numbers for Days. I'm amazed at how (IMO) great the show has become. It's an actual SHOW again....not just random slices of the same old people in the same old blue room. I really never thought I'd be as invested in Days like I am now ever ever again. Miracles happen. Keep it up, Days!!!!!!!

King
Member Avatar

Come ON! SO CLOSE!

jdawg1077

As thrilled as I am for Days (and all other soaps) I have to believe that this is winter-break/winter-storm related. I don't recall much happening last week, unlike the bump days got weeks ago with the wedding Days-aster. But I really hoped people continued to tune in *this* week because it's been really good, especially yesterday's episode.

Checkers
Member Avatar

Great numbers for all the soaps!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

GO DAYS! Very happy for their increases...the show actually deserves the gains they have been getting.

Too bad they still are in 4th though.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

I think Days ratings just go to show that when a lot of the cast is scene on screen and they are interacting with other characters and not just the same people over and over that it helps ratings.
Glad to see that all the soaps are up. Great news for the genre.

crazy4sc

Mitchapalooza
Mar 1 2013, 03:30 PM
GO DAYS! Very happy for their increases...the show actually deserves the gains they have been getting.

Too bad they still are in 4th though.
Well considering that Gh has had just about every vet coming back week after week & even Oltl stars on I think Days is doing great . Let Days throw everything but the kitchen sink in too & i think it would be a real race for 3rd but Days might catch up with just better. Writing. I think Days is doing great.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

It's just nice to see all the shows in the 2's and above.

am103
Member Avatar

Nice to see Days get a 2.1 on a Friday! Usually Friday is one of the lowest days of the week. I think that the little cliffhangers that the show has been incorporating each day lately help too. I also wouldn't mind seeing Days do another big event. It doesn't have to be as extreme as the Daysaster, but something a little chaotic to get big interest going again!

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Days of Our Lives fans are rabid and pretty much the only folk who comment on the ratings.

And I don't mean that in a bad way. It's just that when the ratings come out they are all hating and/or loving and going every which way but loose. It is something I have noticed for years now.

I actually was brought up on that show as a baby in the 1970's. I stopped watching Days as a teenager around 1987 because it paled in comparison to Santa Barbara. I eventually became obsessed with All My Children and One Life to Live.
All I can say is, I pity the fool who cancels Days and has to face the rath!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply