Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for Week of February 18-22
Topic Started: Mar 1 2013, 07:46 AM (2,532 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Santa Barbara :wub:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

T-Love74
Member Avatar

Renegade_Killerbee
Mar 2 2013, 07:48 PM

All I can say is, I pity the fool who cancels Days and has to face the rath!
THIS!!

I remember when viewers thought the Salem Strangler had killed Marlena. They were LIVID!!! They actually picketed the NBC studios. That was an insane moment.

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

This is great news for all the soaps. I'm especially happy for Days, those key demos are really making a comeback. I see a lot of people commenting on how much more entertaining Days is the last while: more cohesive, better balance, interesting storylines, etc. Hope they can keep it up.

anya
Member Avatar

Fabulous!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Best news for all of this:

Daytime viewership is up 1.5 million viewers over this week last year.

That is AWESOME!

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

This is awesome! Way to go Days!

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

T-Love74
Mar 2 2013, 10:59 PM
Renegade_Killerbee
Mar 2 2013, 07:48 PM

All I can say is, I pity the fool who cancels Days and has to face the rath!
THIS!!

I remember when viewers thought the Salem Strangler had killed Marlena. They were LIVID!!! They actually picketed the NBC studios. That was an insane moment.
I don't know if I feel sorry for the person who cancels Days. I feel sorry for the studios behind AMC and OLTL, because if Days gets canned they'll probably be the first target of a Save This Show campaign. I can't even imagine what that would look like, but it would probably take down Twitter and fill the studio with some kind of trinkets (or sand, maybe?).

It's cool to see all daytime soaps rise. We need a little lightweight entertainment with everything going on in the world, and frankly they aren't that much different from some of the big primetime hits (just lower production values). Go daytime!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply