Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Revived Soaps Celebrate with Sexy Photo Shoot
Topic Started: Mar 1 2013, 02:30 PM (782 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

Revived Soaps Celebrate with Sexy Photo Shoot
By ROBERT PACE March 01, 2013

Revived soap operas One Life to Live and All My Children launched their new chapters in style with a sexy photo shoot. ET caught an exclusive glimpse at the photo shoot and caught up with the shows' stars.

After over 40 seasons on daytime television, both soap operas had been canceled in the past two years due to declining viewership. However, the shows have now been given a second chance thanks to Prospect Park, now being produced for The Online Network (TOLN) to be available on iTunes, Hulu and Hulu Plus in April.

"It's an emotional day," Kassie Wesley DePaiva (Blair Cramer) said of getting back together with her co-stars for the photo shoot. "The last time we got together for a press junket for 'One Life to Live,' we were saying goodbye to it. Today we're celebrating a rebirth and it's really amazing."
The news this January that the shows were being revived after their recent cancellations was not only a pleasant shock to fans but also to the shows' actors.
"We did a soap opera event a couple of months ago and someone said, 'When's 'One Life to Live' coming back, and I said, 'Look: It's never coming back!'" One Life to Live actor Tuc Watkins (David Vickers Buchanan) recounted. "...[But] here we are. We're back together again and we get to move into the future together."

Although the appetite for soap operas has decreased due to the overwhelming emergence of reality television, the shows' actors are confident that their loyal viewers will continue following their shows on the online platform.
"I think the fans never left," said All My Children actor Thorsten Kaye (Zach Slater). "They enjoyed the way we told stories back then, and I got a feeling this might be even better."

"I think that Prospect Park is very smart to do this because they understand that these are shows that already have a huge and passionately loyal audience," said Jill Larson (Opal Cortlandt), who has acted on All My Children for 22 years. "If anybody's going to be able to build an audience in a new form, it will be these shows."

Watch the video for more from the photo shoot, including One Life to Live stars Robin Strasser (Dorian Lord), Erika Slezak (Victoria Lord) and Josh Kelly (Cutter Wentworth) -- and All My Children actors Debbi Morgan (Harmony Hamilton), Darnell Williams (Jesse Hubbard) and Rob Scott Wilson (Pete Cortlandt).
One Life to Live and All My Children have both resumed production and the shows will debut in late April on Hulu, Hulu Plus and iTunes.

For video of the shoot CLICK HERE
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

This looks INCREDIBLE!! Everyone looks beautiful and I'm loving it. My excitement is at an all-time high for these reboots. The new people look so great, I just hope they can act. nu-Miranda seriously looks like a star. ER looks great too. David Canary! Julia Barr! Debbi Morgan! I can't even get over it. Judging by where people are placed it kinda looks like the new store owner Jane whatever is going to be for Griffin. I'm thinking Cara/David/Dixie? I am ALL in for that until Michael E. Knight realizes this is for real and decides to join. Looks like a great mix of old and young. This show needed a total makeover because it was horrible for so long.

am103
Member Avatar

I can't believe this is actually happening. I've missed OLTL so much! I know the show will be on Hulu, but will ME! have to pay for it? I know Hulu Plus requires a payment, but I'm still confused about how all of this is going to work.

skiman1208
Member Avatar

That photo shoot was super hot and I can't wait for AMC & OLTL to come back. It feels so surreal but its awesome :-)

Tammy
Member Avatar

Did OLTL have a photo shoot too?

KMan101
Member Avatar

OLTL:
Posted Image

KMan101
Member Avatar

Robin Strasser was sick and HBS had another commitment (shooting 'Venice') so that's why they aren't included.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Holy HELL! The slit in ES's dress damn near goes to her hip! lol And Dani's crotch is barley covered!!!!

Aww there is my RSW! :wub:

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

am103
Mar 2 2013, 07:32 PM
I can't believe this is actually happening. I've missed OLTL so much! I know the show will be on Hulu, but will ME! have to pay for it? I know Hulu Plus requires a payment, but I'm still confused about how all of this is going to work.
Hulu has two plans: free and monthly payment subscription.

It's AWESOME OLTL and AMC are back again!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Edited by bellajewel, Mar 4 2013, 03:16 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · AMC & OLTL: Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply