Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: March Discussion
Topic Started: Mar 2 2013, 01:18 AM (6,492 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

Checkers
Mar 6 2013, 10:04 PM
I'm so sick of Adam whining about the Newmans. He needs to get it through his head he is not apart of the circle. He is not some little innocent. They don't like his ass with good reason. He is just salty that they go on about their lives like he doesn't exist. The only time they give him any attention is when he interferes himself into their lives. That is what kills him.
I posted something similar on twitter yesterday.. :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Checkers
Member Avatar

JessicaLeigh
Mar 7 2013, 07:05 AM
I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this question - but is now a good time to try to get into Y&R? I know JFP isn't popular with a lot of people. I have watched Y&R intermittently in the past (it has always been my mother's favorite soap) but never really stuck with it even though I like a lot of the actors. I am a regular GH and DAYS viewer already. As an American living in the UK I have tried to get into British soaps and it's never really worked out, so I want to support my American soaps. I also want to know why Y&R has so consistently been the top soap for years. Have things improved since MAB got sacked?
Y&R isn't that bad right now. I feel it's better than MAB.

I remember reading a really great post once on why Y&R has been #1 for so long. (Wish I could find it.) Different fans will give you different reasons. Some say it's the time slot or other reasons like that. Out of all the soaps I've watched Y&R the longest. I grew up on the show. For me it was the consistency. The show had a certain formula and they kept to it. I always knew what I was gonna get when I turned on Y&R.

Checkers
Member Avatar

Daytime
Mar 7 2013, 07:15 AM
Checkers
I'm so sick of Adam whining about the Newmans. He needs to get it through his head he is not apart of the circle. He is not some little innocent. They don't like his ass with good reason. He is just salty that they go on about their lives like he doesn't exist. The only time they give him any attention is when he interferes himself into their lives. That is what kills him.
He's so damn insecure and needy. It's pathetic really. He goes on and on about how much they have wronged him. While excluding all that he has done to them but he's still so desperate to be around them. Look at him with NE he wants Victor's attention so badly. The only reason Victor or Victoria are giving him the time of day is because of NE. Nick sure as heck doesn't give a damn about him. He really thinks he is doing something with those snarky comments. The Newmans are like...

Posted Image

LPS
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
Mar 6 2013, 12:06 AM
not as much to complain about, show is better.
Agreed. There is anything that pisses me off like it use to under MAB. Her writing just irritated the f*ck out of me.

Quote:

That's my assessment of Y&R. I prefer the show now then under MAB. I would rank it in between average and good.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Quote:

Okay now we got turning the Housewife back to HO status..Fine! But don't write it like Lauren so distraught over Mikey putting Fenmore narrow ass in jail and BOOM all of sudden her Box so hot she gotta give it away too Basco the Bartender. Those of us who remember back in the day Whorish Lauren know full well this should have gone in another direction.

EXACTOMUNDO!
Lauren is just using this Fen crap as an excuse to bang away at carmine, it could have been anyone, her inner ho is just coming out again.
I wish she would go back to B&B!

Ejole Lifer

I liked Likey the way they were. They were boring but this stuff with Fen has livened them up. I don't think it needed to go to an affair though.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Checkers
Mar 7 2013, 07:21 AM
JessicaLeigh
Mar 7 2013, 07:05 AM
I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this question - but is now a good time to try to get into Y&R? I know JFP isn't popular with a lot of people. I have watched Y&R intermittently in the past (it has always been my mother's favorite soap) but never really stuck with it even though I like a lot of the actors. I am a regular GH and DAYS viewer already. As an American living in the UK I have tried to get into British soaps and it's never really worked out, so I want to support my American soaps. I also want to know why Y&R has so consistently been the top soap for years. Have things improved since MAB got sacked?

I remember reading a really great post once on why Y&R has been #1 for so long. (Wish I could find it.) Different fans will give you different reasons. Some say it's the time slot or other reasons like that. Out of all the soaps I've watched Y&R the longest. I grew up on the show. For me it was the consistency. The show had a certain formula and they kept to it. I always knew what I was gonna get when I turned on Y&R.
Thanks for the reply. I'm going to give it another go. :cheers:

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Checkers
Mar 7 2013, 07:31 AM
Daytime
Mar 7 2013, 07:15 AM
Checkers
He's so damn insecure and needy. It's pathetic really. He goes on and on about how much they have wronged him. While excluding all that he has done to them but he's still so desperate to be around them. Look at him with NE he wants Victor's attention so badly. The only reason Victor or Victoria are giving him the time of day is because of NE. Nick sure as heck doesn't give a damn about him. He really thinks he is doing something with those snarky comments. The Newmans are like...

Posted Image
He looked like a bloody baffoon waltzing in uninvited to a private event with a gift in hand and starts going off on the bride and groom. What exactly did he expect? Where is ranch security??? The man has no brains to speak of. If they weren't writing Victor so dumb, he would have his company back 2 months ago! And isn't there a spoiler that says he will crash the wedding reception?? WTF!

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

adam and the newmans ought to have an old-fashioned "lemon" party, everyone sit around and lay out all the wrongs they feel have been done to them and all the wrongs they did, in the end, the air will be cleared and they can start anew, and billy ought to be in there with them, he surely has been mistreated, although, today, I thought I saw just a tad of softening in Victor towards him, it was so tiny, I can't even point it out, but it was when Victoria said she and billy would take care of calling all he guests.
BTW, fwiw, I know that MS is a debilitating disease, I also have friends who have it, and they manage it very well, and live pretty normal lives. Nikki isn't even bad enough to to go on meds, but they're all acting like she's at death's door, it's annoying.

RarityExtreme

So let me take a wild guess as to what's to come with all this constant Adam-origin clues (Dr. Coster - involved with Hope suddenly reappears, all this talk about how Adam came to town and who he used to be before he knew about Victor). Well, I wonder if the Dr. knows a secret Hope never told anyone but him...that perhaps Hope had another baby but gave him up for adoption for some tragic reason and.....perhaps Dylan learns he was adopted after his father's death? And we have a new love triangle for Adam, Dylan and Sharon?

Checkers
Member Avatar

Lauren answered the door with nothing but a sheet on. She told Michael was she sleeping and he believed it. Michael really loves his wife because Lauren was looking guilty as heck. :glare:

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Checkers
Mar 7 2013, 10:33 PM
Lauren answered the door with nothing but a sheet on. She told Michael was she sleeping and he believed it. Michael really loves his wife because Lauren was looking guilty as heck. :glare:
exactly what I was thinking, mikey doesn't know that lauren sleeps in lingerie unless she's romping in the bed with someone? Who comes to the door in a sheet? Where was her bathrobe? Oh that's right, sleazeball undressed her, there was no lingerie.
Mikey isn't very observant, she couldn't have looked more guilty if a scarlet A suddenly appeared on her sheet.
I hope mikey finds out and dumps her scrawny ass out in the street.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Checkers
Who the hell answers the door in a sheet with messed up hair? Um yea...Michael needa open his eyes!

ratfink
Member Avatar

lightandday
Mar 6 2013, 04:20 PM
Miss Rhi
Mar 5 2013, 07:44 PM
Only 3 posts in 2 days?!?

What's up?
I go days w/o watching and/or catch-up via online, some of this shit is just not needed (Long Coughs Abby,Alex,Adrianna) Well at least one has been eliminated, but check that scene today w/Carmine Alex and her at GC talk about a waste of got damn script, then the Bully s/l finally gain some merit and what they do. No repercussions Fen little po-stick ass still was charging his family like he was wronged constantly run-up and berate his father like he's the Adult and have Mikey seating in a child's place with his own son :o Who the Fuc does is That? Summer got to cuddle on the couch wit'er Mom and get coax like she was the one who had been bullied traumatized -_- Girl Bye.

And this "Useless foundation" Avery deal with are whatever the Hell it's called. EXCUSE ME! But I can't care about an organization I don't see... O'yeah and Wahaaalaa did anybody see how fast Neil got Tuck's office? I mean the whole damn family INSTA merger over there with the Fashion police dialogue too boot.. :shame:

Will Victor and Wheeler have a true face off or just these round bout GC/Penthouse meetings. So many things could've been done here with E.Braeden and M Pinter but he's in his finally taping stage. ARE THEY F%*C$$ FOR REAL! Two well season men and this is it?,... (Heavy Gasps).......

Okay now we got turning the Housewife back to HO status..Fine! But don't write it like Lauren so distraught over Mikey putting Fenmore narrow ass in jail and BOOM all of sudden her Box so hot she gotta give it away too Basco the Bartender. Those of us who remember back in the day Whorish Lauren know full well this should have gone in another direction.

And the Foreva Tired Underwhelming Overplayed Over-hyped SHADAM got the same damn dialogue they had in NOLA 2009.

Oh' one more thing! What purpose is Billy Miller serving these days? I see they gave him and Vikki that same paint brush routine and the same ugly ass Pepto Bismol color he and Kate splattered in the Abbott guest house. They ain't got shit else to do? A Abbott and Newman offspring playing goofy as fuck instead of leading family legacy's :glare: WhoWuddaThunkIT
I missed you...
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Checkers
Member Avatar

3WishGenie
Mar 8 2013, 01:08 AM
Checkers
Who the hell answers the door in a sheet with messed up hair? Um yea...Michael needa open his eyes!
I get him not seeing the obvious. They have been married for eight years. Neither one strayed before so it is probably the last thing he would expect.

Daytime
Member Avatar

It has been brought to my attention that I may have to stop posting summaries of the SOD articles. Apparently the mag is having some issue with that. However, I will post just a few teasers from the mag in the weekly spoiler threads and whatever else I happen to find. Just wanted to give you guys the heads up. :)

Checkers
Member Avatar

Daytime
Mar 8 2013, 11:35 AM
It has been brought to my attention that I may have to stop posting summaries of the SOD articles. Apparently the mag is having some issue with that. However, I will post just a few teasers from the mag in the weekly spoiler threads and whatever else I happen to find. Just wanted to give you guys the heads up. :)
Thanks for the heads up. :wink:

Checkers
Member Avatar

I appreciate how Nikki/Victor are being written for as a couple. They don't need to be with anyone else. No more child brides for Victor and bad marriages for Nikki.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Checkers
Mar 8 2013, 07:03 PM
I appreciate how Nikki/Victor are being written for as a couple. They don't need to be with anyone else. No more child brides for Victor and bad marriages for Nikki.
and no more of EB trying to pretend he can sing or that he has the slightest hint of rhythm in his body! :huh:
That was embarrassing, and Amazing Grace at a wedding? Really?
I only hear that at funerals.
That whole scene was ridiculous, just get nikki out of the damn bed and lets get them married for hopefully the last damn time!

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

I thought it was funny. Casual, relaxed, making Nikki laugh. I'm sure she thought the same thing, Gawd Victor don't sing and Amazing Grace? Damn, I ain't dead! Not such a scripted day. :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply