Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GH: March Discussion
Topic Started: Mar 2 2013, 02:42 AM (8,264 Views)
cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Epiphany "Alright Carrot Top". :roflol:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

happy
Member Avatar

I watched the whole episode today. Can't wait for the nurse's ball. Love all scenes with Patrick/Liz. Lucy makes me laugh. Fun to see Richard Simmons and Maks. Today felt very old school soaps, in a good way. Feeling of community and some camp, but also great friendships and drama. I felt so bad for Rafe. He's like little orphan Oliver.

I really hope Nikolas stays on the show. I didn't realize how much I missed him until I saw him again. And that short scene between Niz in the hospital had me tearing up. I didn't like the Niz affair, because the writing was so thin and OOC. But I re watched their scenes in YouTube, and they have great chemistry and history. If Lucky really isn't coming back, I wonder if they would have a Niz/Quiz triangle. But I don't know if either Nik or Liz would allow themselves to go there again. So many possibilities if Nik stays!

I wonder if TPTB have another vet surprise waiting for us? Like Lucky coming to perform. Or a Stefano return!!! The actor is free and my heart can keep wishing ;-)

So glad the current regime is heading GH's 50th rather than Guza.

nightfan

Lynn Herring is the best. She brings maybe the most energy I've seen in daytime. They better keep her.

Ellie, you have no integrity if you don't give the recipe to Tracy Q! Is anyone else SERIOUSLY DISTURBED that the rightful heir of the Pickle Lila recipe is being treated like the bad guy?
Ellie is an idiot.

TJ? I don't need your disgusting looks. Rafe is homeless. Do you know what that means? Homeless. Molly is just legitimately concerned about a homeless boy. That's all this is. And even if it weren't, you have no proof. So just leave it at that. You're a jerk for giving those looks.
And Sean? I don't need your "She's with her boyfriend," either. Rafe is homeless. A little compassion, please.
And I didn't need him to EXPLAIN what he meant. What a jerk!
Alexis, dump him asap.

Did no one else notice that was that man from Dancing with the Stars? They were teasing that he was the celebrity choreographer (when he wasn't, and was just an extra) and that's why he and Sam had that inside joke "Have I seen you before?"

The Richard Simmons cameo... I don't know... it was lame. But then, not an RS fan. Cheesy, cheesy, cheesy.
Oh, wait! I just got it. That was the GH secrets song! That is insanely cool! The 50th anniversary on this show is freaking incredible!!! And then the fight with Lucy? Soap opera gold! I'm witnessing classic soap opera as it happens!! Thanks, God!

Milo, you're working my last nerve by declining that call from Dr. Drake.
Oh, hell no. He deleted the voicemail.
DIE, "MAGIC MILO." DIE AN EXCRUCIATINGLY PAINFUL AND SLOW DEATH.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Milo! What the hell was that? Ignoring calls and deleting messages on someone else's phone? :flipoff:

Maybe it's just me, but I thought Sean was a bit out of line with his borderline threats to Rafe, a confused orphaned teenager, about TJ and Molly. I think TJ's a nice kid for the most part, but they are all like 15-16 years old and sometimes when you have a boyfriend at that age, someone else comes along that you like better and become interested in. TJ and Molly aren't married and they are just kids. TJ and Sean act like Molly is committing adultery or something.

The Richard Simmons/Lucy/Epiphany scenes had me rolling! Those three together are hilarious.

Obviously, Ellie and Spin are heading toward a split. Spin wants kids and Ellie sure as heck doesn't. That doesn't spell happily ever after to me.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

happy
Mar 28 2013, 05:03 PM
So glad the current regime is heading GH's 50th rather than Guza.
Oh gawd, can you imagine if Guza was writing now? The Nurse's Ball planning would be dominated by Sonny/Jason/Carly flashbacks and characters such as AJ, Laura, Scotty, Bobbie, etc. would be nowhere to be found. Not to mention that the ball would include Sonny and Carly fighting and then hooking up while Liz pines away over Jason and plots to split him and Sam up. No thanks! I like this balance we have with several characters now.

bstreis
Member Avatar
No matter what you think, I DO love you.

Anyone else catch a little Tracy/Ellie moment? I'm thinking there's going to be more to Ellie's character than we've already seen, possible family ties maybe?

I didn't mind Milo ignoring the call or deleting the message because Patrick suddenly having revelations about Sabrina annoys me. Liz's time would have been better spent at Nicholas' beside or sharing some space with AJ instead of talking to Patrick about Sabrina. If Patrick is too slow on the uptake, that's his problem.

Loved the nurses ball rehearsal scenes with Richard and Lucy. Lucy is lovely and she's such a treat to watch. And I got some extra eye candy with Maksim, a girl can't complain. It was a pleasant surprise to see him over his brother Val (who was actually Kelly's partner last season). I far enjoy Max over Val.

Shawn being all protective over TJ and Molly's HS romance was ridiculous. You are too grown to be the meddling mother in a possible teenage love triangle.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I got what Shawn was doing. He's always been protective over those he cares about. It's his job. TJ is very important to him, and Molly has been very grounding for TJ. Shawn doesn't want to see what losing Molly would do to TJ.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Montage of GH for the rap song General Hospi-tale by the Afternoon Delights.

GENERAL HOSPI-TALE
by the Afternoon Delights

Rock it hard Rock it steady
Pick yourself up and get yourself ready
Wave your arms, let me hear you yell
We're gonna rap about General Hospital

It started out in Port Charles town
Frank Smith's mob used to hang around
No one could prove that he was a crook
Til Luke stole his little black book

It had names and numbers all in code
So Luke and Laura had to hit the road
They had to find the left-handed boy
Watch their step they had to be coy

The gold involved was worth so much
Others wanted it like Sally and Hutch
There's one thing I must confess
Sally was a man who wore a dress

Luke kept his cool, he ain't no fool
He set them both up cold
Well Sally died, Hutch survived
And no one got the gold

Paging Dr. Noah Drake to ICU to treat a case of heartbreak

CHORUS:
They keep me waiting
I don't mind waiting
Dont't call me crazy
No I'm not lazy
My day won't go right
I can't sleep all night
My hands are shaking
My knees are quaking
I just can't cope, without my soap

General Hospi-tale
General Hospi-tale
General Hospi-tale you're my worst affliction
General Hospi-tale you're my favorite addiction

Monica likes to have her fun
That is why she had a son
She told Rick he was the dad
Soon found out that he'd been had

There's one thing that you can give me that Lesley can't and that's passion

Alan was the father of course
And he won't give Monica a divorce
Rick wants to get Lesley back
Heather's having an insane attack

I'll get Diana Taylor

She's not crazy uh uh no never
She just wants to get Dr. Jeff Webber
Jeff wants Annie for his wife
And he might have to wait all of his life

Cause good girls don't
And Annie won't, and you all know what I mean

CHORUS

Amy Vining likes to blab
Richard Simmons helps fight flab
Susan's having Alan's baby
Noah wants Bobbie for his lady

Well Luke got another job
The Quartermaines are the brand new mob
Laura's the receptionist
What's missing now is the Ice Princess

Yes, Luke Spencer please

Diamonds not gold are in it this time
Scorpio, the House of Cassadine
On and on and on it goes
How it ends up nobody knows

CHORUS

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

:( Wow. I feel older than dirt realizing just how long ago that was

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Some of the writing today is excellent.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Helena was awesome and even Luke was bearable in his scenes with her. I liked the Mac /Frisco scenes and the Felicia /Maxie stuff gave me a few laughs. This show is really reeling me in lately.
Edited by Grandpa Hughes, Mar 29 2013, 04:18 PM.

titan1978
Member Avatar

I have to give Ron credit. Luke's action with Nikolas are very in character for the post Labine era Luke Spencer. And I loved Laura grabbing him and yelling at him. I also loved having Helena in scenes with Luke and Laura and she isn't sitting on the sidelines.

King of Hearts
Member Avatar

Quote:

Did no one else notice that was that man from Dancing with the Stars? They were teasing that he was the celebrity choreographer (when he wasn't, and was just an extra) and that's why he and Sam had that inside joke "Have I seen you before?"

That's Maksim Chmerkovskiy. His brother Val was supposed to play that part, but couldn't do it at the time. Val was Kelly's partner on DWTS & their chemistry were so hot, people thought they were dating for real and to this day, she says their "friends".

Fun fact.

nightfan

JDeveraux_91
Mar 29 2013, 08:04 AM
Milo! What the hell was that? Ignoring calls and deleting messages on someone else's phone? :flipoff:

Maybe it's just me, but I thought Sean was a bit out of line with his borderline threats to Rafe, a confused orphaned teenager, about TJ and Molly. I think TJ's a nice kid for the most part, but they are all like 15-16 years old and sometimes when you have a boyfriend at that age, someone else comes along that you like better and become interested in. TJ and Molly aren't married and they are just kids. TJ and Sean act like Molly is committing adultery or something.

The Richard Simmons/Lucy/Epiphany scenes had me rolling! Those three together are hilarious.

Obviously, Ellie and Spin are heading toward a split. Spin wants kids and Ellie sure as heck doesn't. That doesn't spell happily ever after to me.
It wasn't just you. Sean is in my CROSSHAIRS for treating a scared, troubled CHILD that way!

nightfan

bstreis
Mar 29 2013, 10:34 AM
Anyone else catch a little Tracy/Ellie moment? I'm thinking there's going to be more to Ellie's character than we've already seen, possible family ties maybe?

I didn't mind Milo ignoring the call or deleting the message because Patrick suddenly having revelations about Sabrina annoys me. Liz's time would have been better spent at Nicholas' beside or sharing some space with AJ instead of talking to Patrick about Sabrina. If Patrick is too slow on the uptake, that's his problem.

Loved the nurses ball rehearsal scenes with Richard and Lucy. Lucy is lovely and she's such a treat to watch. And I got some extra eye candy with Maksim, a girl can't complain. It was a pleasant surprise to see him over his brother Val (who was actually Kelly's partner last season). I far enjoy Max over Val.

Shawn being all protective over TJ and Molly's HS romance was ridiculous. You are too grown to be the meddling mother in a possible teenage love triangle.
Here's the problem about Milo deleting the voicemail. it doesn't matter if Patrick is a dolt or not. Deception is wrong, in every instance. Patrick's actions or inactions toward Sabrina does not make Milo's actions morally or ethically correct all of a sudden. Milo is officially a villain. He has no rooting value whatsoever after what he did. I meant it when I said I'd prefer the show punish him properly by killing him slowly.

nightfan

King of Hearts
Mar 29 2013, 05:02 PM
Quote:

That's Maksim Chmerkovskiy. His brother Val was supposed to play that part, but couldn't do it at the time. Val was Kelly's partner on DWTS & their chemistry were so hot, people thought they were dating for real and to this day, she says their "friends".

Fun fact.
Still, I was more excited to see him than Richard Simmons! (no offense, RS)

Tammy
Member Avatar

OMG Richard Simmons makes me want to tear my hair out on a good day... but that was seriously cringe worthy!!!!

nightfan

The Helena scenes are pitch perfect. I don't know all the history, but some of it. What a great Luke and Laura adventure, and a fitting way to celebrate the show's 50th. Will Helena kill Laura? We'll all have to stay tuned to GH to find out!

Anon

King of Hearts
Mar 29 2013, 05:02 PM
Quote:

Fun fact.
The paparazzi have caught them kissing and I thought it was a pretty open secret that they are dating.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

I loved Friday's cliffhanger with Dante's entrance onto The Haunted Star---and how awesome is it that the Star is currently in open waters in the Atlantic? There's a part of me that, despite what he has said publicly, thinks we will somehow see JJ's Lucky in the Lulu kidnapping story line. Frank Valentini is certainly capable of pulling off a surprise like this.

This is all speculation on my part, but I would like it if Stavros was still alive and a part of Lulu's kidnapping and Nikolas's shooting. He could have found out that the Guza/Phelps rewrite of Nikolas's paternity was a sham and Nikolas is really the son of Stefan. Thus, his going after Laura and Luke's daughter and Stefan's son with Laura because he wants revenge. There was something about what Anna said to Dante about the Cassadines going after their own got me thinking about this, and I got the feeling today Helena's not behind Nikolas's shooting. While I think Jerry Jacks is somehow involved in this, although I love Sebastian Roche, I think Jerry has been a little overused of late as a villain.

I loved we got scenes today of Natasha with her beloved nephew and enjoyed the AJ/Elizabeth stuff. The line of the week IMO goes to Helena in her phone conversation with Natasha that went something like "If you don't see to it that Nikolas gets better I will slit your throat like I did the cow who dropped you." What a Helena thing to say.

Edited by JarlenaLante, Mar 30 2013, 11:42 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply