Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GH: March Discussion
Topic Started: Mar 2 2013, 02:42 AM (8,161 Views)
JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

soapsudz
Mar 22 2013, 02:15 PM
Nickolas is home now, it's time for Lucky's return.
I would die to see Genie Francis, Tyler Christopher and Jonathan Jackson in a scene together again! JMB's Lulu too, but that probably will never happen now. :frownie:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

First, I would like to thank Julie Marie Berman whose portrayal of Lulu played a big part in introducing me to the wonderful and at times exasperating world of General Hospital. I will miss her as Lulu, and wish her the best in her future career.

The last week or so has been pretty slow on GH, but I can tell from the last two days momentum starting to build for the 50th Anniversary events next month. I kind of suspected Britt was connected to the evil doctor from Switzerland but I'm glad their connection reveal means things are picking up for the April events. It was also great to have Bobbie back on the canvas, and oh, the end! Just seeing Nikolas hug Laura was just what I needed.

I really wish MarDar on Days had been able to do for that show what Cartini have done for GH. Don't get me wrong---it's not perfect (for example, the story line pacing is awful at times and I haven't loved everything they've done) but the landscape of Port Charles looks much different today compared to December 2011 when their rewrites began. Jason is gone, Sonny and Carly aren't in every story, and the mob has virtually disappeared. There is a much different vibe about the show, and vets have been brought back and written for with respect. I loved the conversation between Felicia and Anna yesterday along with Frisco and Maxie. I predict GH's 50th is going to be one big beautiful mess---the way John Ingle's last scene as Edward Quartermaine was written and the Thanksgiving tribute that made me cry gives me hope that Frank and Ron are going to make an honest effort to pay tribute to this show. We're getting probably one last Nurses Ball with the Spencer/Cassadine feud revisited with Nikolas, Luke, Laura, and Helena (and Ethan!) and a slew of other vets (Monica interacting with Rick and Alan, even if they are ghosts).

One last note---if Days isn't going to use the talented and handsome Wally Kurth, I would love to see Ned back on GH mixing it up with Tracy, AJ and Alexis. I would also love it if Eddie Maine made an appearance in his trademark leather pants at the Ball!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

He's not perfect but he's done quite a lot right. I feel like he's much more a fan of GH than he ever was OLTL, IMHO. Even though I have my complaints LOL.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

I'm still on cloud 9 after seeing Nikolas back home in Port Charles. I can tell I will be spending some time over the weekend looking at old YouTube clips of Tyler when he first came on the show.

nightfan

Watching now... who else is SCREAMING at their television, "Go to the graduation, man!!!"

This is such a classic soap opera moment. Will he go? Won't he?

Oh, damn, the credits just rolled! That's it?! I love GH!!

Tammy
Member Avatar

I can't believe that psycho chick is Brits mom... actually, yes I can! lol

LPS
Member Avatar

I'm sick of everyone pushing and pimping the insipid Sabrina. She's boring! I prefer Britt over her. At least Britt is entertaining.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

LPS
Mar 23 2013, 06:48 PM
I'm sick of everyone pushing and pimping the insipid Sabrina. She's boring! I prefer Britt over her. At least Britt is entertaining.
GOD YES!!! As a long time GH viewer I don't care about her. I know some do but I just feel like they are pushing this character down my throat. I almost feel like this Nurse's Ball is about her which is a smack in the face to Robin fans like myself.

nightfan

LPS
Britt just has that smug, sarcastic look on her face all the time. I'm not sure what people see in this one-note character.

Now, it helps that her mother is such a psycho. IT explains her a little bit. But Britt is still one-note.

Britt < Sabrina.

LPS
Member Avatar

Who has Felix, Liz, Emma, and Ephiny pumping sunshine up their rear 24/7 and extolling their supposed virtues to Patrick? That's so annoying from my perspective. I hate the word "propping" because it is so subjective, but when you have 4 characters bragging left and right about how great a character is in one episode....that's propping. Plus, if Sabrina took the initative with Patrick instead of having everyone else persuade, beg, and manipulate Patrick to date her, I might have some respect for the character. She just sits and whines and expects things to be done for her.

At least Britt is fighting for what she wants (BTW, I'm not a huge Britt fan, but I have more tolerance for the character compared to Sabrina and she brings drama to the show unlike Sabrina).

While i prefer Liz with AJ, I would be in favor of her with Patrick over Sabrina.

Okay, I like Mac. His character is totally under utilized on this show. Maxine's mom should choose him.

I've also enjoyed Scotty's return.
Edited by LPS, Mar 24 2013, 12:02 AM.

nightfan

LPS
Mar 24 2013, 12:01 AM
Who has Felix, Liz, Emma, and Ephiny pumping sunshine up their rear 24/7 and extolling their supposed virtues to Patrick? That's so annoying from my perspective. I hate the word "propping" because it is so subjective, but when you have 4 characters bragging left and right about how great a character is in one episode....that's propping. Plus, if Sabrina took the initative with Patrick instead of having everyone else persuade, beg, and manipulate Patrick to date her, I might have some respect for the character. She just sits and whines and expects things to be done for her.

At least Britt is fighting for what she wants (BTW, I'm not a huge Britt fan, but I have more tolerance for the character compared to Sabrina and she brings drama to the show unlike Sabrina).

While i prefer Liz with AJ, I would be in favor of her with Patrick over Sabrina.

Okay, I like Mac. His character is totally under utilized on this show. Maxine's mom should choose him.

I've also enjoyed Scotty's return.
I understand your concern about Sabrina, LPS.
It's funny because when you put it that way, GH's treatment of Sabrina is very similar to DAYS' treatment of Jennifer and Daniel, which fans on this board can't stand.
Yet, somehow, I like her. It might be because she's sweet and virginal. I bet she's a virgin. There's no way that girl is not a virgin.
I also love her backstory. that she got into nursing because of her mother, who was a rolemodel. so inspiring!
I just want to root for a good guy.
As for drama she brings, I'll re-iterate my Friday post. When Patrick is pacing back and forth and we're left on edge wondering whether he's going to her graduation, that's drama.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Brit and Sabrina are both one note characters IMO. One is a straight bitch and the other is a straight goody-two-shoes! While I prefer Sabrina, both are boring to me! And I don't think either of them work well paired with Patrick.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Tammy
Mar 24 2013, 06:38 AM
Brit and Sabrina are both one note characters IMO. One is a straight bitch and the other is a straight goody-two-shoes! While I prefer Sabrina, both are boring to me! And I don't think either of them work well paired with Patrick.
Agree both are one note characters. But on the other hand their introduction created:
1. New hospital people to get more story there
2. Brought back the Nurses Ball
3. Helped create stories for existing characters

Every new writer comes onto a show and at least creates some new characters. Some work and others do not. But honestly I will take one-note Sabrina and Britt any day over Spinelli, Maxie and Ellie.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

My big issue with Sabrina is I think her role and Elizabeth's should be reversed. Hence, Elizabeth is the one driving the story with Sabrina playing a supporting role. I would rather have seen both Elizabeth and Patrick slowly getting over their issues (hers with dependency on men and him working through the grieving process) and finding their way to each other. That said, I do like the friendship that's developed with Elizabeth and Sabrina---she has needed a friend since Emily died---and Sabrina's connection to Emily's old boyfriend Juan was a nice nod to history. And, this is a show called General Hospital, so it makes sense to have character interactions and story lines developing at the hospital.

I did find Felix and Sabrina acting a little juvenile yesterday---not many adults I know would act like that during a graduation. No one at my master's graduation ceremony behaved like they did.

I hope the returning vets are written true to character. While Ron and Frank have done wonders for Luke, I sometimes feel Ron doesn't have a handle on a few characters, especially Dante. And there is no way in hell you can tell me Sonny Corinthos belongs anywhere near this DID stuff. When he told Kate "I love Kate...and Connie" I laughed out loud not because it was funny but because it was so wildly out of place for his character. But, I do like how Carly has some layers back now.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

JarlenaLante
Mar 24 2013, 01:02 PM
My big issue with Sabrina is I think her role and Elizabeth's should be reversed. Hence, Elizabeth is the one driving the story with Sabrina playing a supporting role. I would rather have seen both Elizabeth and Patrick slowly getting over their issues (hers with dependency on men and him working through the grieving process) and finding their way to each other. That said, I do like the friendship that's developed with Elizabeth and Sabrina---she has needed a friend since Emily died---and Sabrina's connection to Emily's old boyfriend Juan was a nice nod to history. And, this is a show called General Hospital, so it makes sense to have character interactions and story lines developing at the hospital.
At first I could have seen a Patrick/Elizabeth relationship developing. But part of me wonders if that RC/FV knew they were going to have Robin be alive, that they didn't want the conflict of two very good friends going for the same guy. Think Elizabeth had been through enough that to have her trapped in another triangle if KM ever came back on a regular basis. On a personal note, I actually am enjoying a whole possible AJ/Elizabeth pairing than I think I would have a Patrick/Elizabeth one. So in that case I am glad they didn't pair up Patrick/Elizabeth.

nightfan

cubsgirl
Mar 24 2013, 10:46 AM
Tammy
Mar 24 2013, 06:38 AM
Agree both are one note characters. But on the other hand their introduction created:
1. New hospital people to get more story there
2. Brought back the Nurses Ball
3. Helped create stories for existing characters

Every new writer comes onto a show and at least creates some new characters. Some work and others do not. But honestly I will take one-note Sabrina and Britt any day over Spinelli, Maxie and Ellie.
I enjoy Maxie so much contrasted with Belle on Days, whom KS used to play. She's such a natural in this role. I truly think it was the role KS was born to play.

I like Spinelli and Maxie too because it's an unconventional for daytime relationship. It's touching that he's not the typical soap "hunk."

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I was pretty distracted watching Friday's episode, so I missed certain parts. Does Felix have a thing for Milo? And does he think Milo has a thing for him? :laugh:
Edited by DrewHamilton, Mar 24 2013, 06:35 PM.

nightfan

DrewHamilton
Mar 24 2013, 06:34 PM
I was pretty distracted watching Friday's episode, so I missed certain parts. Does Felix have a thing for Milo? And does he think Milo has a thing for him? :laugh:
Yes and yes.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

cubsgirl
Mar 24 2013, 04:52 PM
JarlenaLante
Mar 24 2013, 01:02 PM
At first I could have seen a Patrick/Elizabeth relationship developing. But part of me wonders if that RC/FV knew they were going to have Robin be alive, that they didn't want the conflict of two very good friends going for the same guy. Think Elizabeth had been through enough that to have her trapped in another triangle if KM ever came back on a regular basis. On a personal note, I actually am enjoying a whole possible AJ/Elizabeth pairing than I think I would have a Patrick/Elizabeth one. So in that case I am glad they didn't pair up Patrick/Elizabeth.
I too would be hesitant to see Elizabeth stuck in another love triangle. I still need to see a little more of AJ/Elizabeth before supporting them as a couple, but I do like the idea of AJ getting to experience fatherhood. I also think Cameron and Aiden are going to have slight daddy issues as they get older and AJ would be in a unique position to help them deal with having a somewhat neglectful father as of late in Lucky.

Edited by JarlenaLante, Mar 25 2013, 07:32 AM.

bstreis
Member Avatar
No matter what you think, I DO love you.

LPS
Word! At first I thought she was cute enough but now she's just painfully boring. So over her. I love me some crazy Brit but I've always had a soft spot for the crazies, haha. I'm kinda really tickled that psycho physician is her mother. Can't wait to see where that goes.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply