Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 2/25
Topic Started: Feb 25 2013, 12:49 PM (9,173 Views)
Ellie

Please post all interesting/spoilerish tweets in this thread. If a news article or new video is also tweeted (for example by SOD or NBC), it should probably go in its own thread, following our normal rules. This thread is for tweets, usually from someone on the list below, which give us information in some way about anything related to the show or upcoming storylines.

Please link each tweet and then set it off in italics, quotes or a quote box. To link a tweet, click "expand" and then click "details". That will give you the link to the tweet on its own page. If this is difficult (ie posting from a phone), please at least set off the tweet in quotation marks.

If anyone has names to add to this thread, please PM them to me rather than putting them in the thread. There are unfortunately a lot of fake accounts out there, and we want to verify each account is legit before putting it in this list.

I have entered the below list as a "Twitter List" under the DaytimeRoyalty twitter account. To access it, go to

http://twitter.com/DaytimeRoyalty/days-of-our-lives

Then click "Follow this list". It will then appear in your lists.

Thanks! :smile:

Posted Image

List of Twitter and FB pages

Official Days Accounts
@Daysofourlives
@NbcDays

Current Days Cast
Kristian Alfonso - @kjalfonso
Camila Banus - @camilabanus
Blake Berris - @blakeberris
Nadia Bjorlin - @realnadiab
Shawn Christian - @ShawnC4Real
Patrika Darbo - @PatrikaDarbo
Bryan Dattilo @bryan_dattilo
Brant Daugherty @brantdaugherty
Eileen Davidson @eileen_davidson, Eileen Davidson Facebook
Casey Deidrick - @caseydeidrick
Judi Evans - @TheJudiEvans
Galen Gering - @Galengering, Jenna Gering (wife) @jennagering
Deidre Hall - @DeidreHall, The Deidre Hall Fan Page (Facebook)
Bill & Susan Hayes - @DaysHayes
Drake Hogestyn - @DrakeHogestyn, Drake Hogestyn Facebook
Lauren Koslow - @LaurenKoslow
Wally Kurth - @Wallykurth
Meredith Scott Lynn - @MeredithSLynn
Kate Mansi - @katemansi
Eric Martsolf - @EricMartsolf
Chandler Massey - @ChandlerMassey
Nathan Owens - @Nathanjowens
Terrell Ransom Jr. - @TerrellRansomJr
Melissa Reeves - @missyreeves4
James Reynolds - @JreynoldsJames
Lisa Rinna - @lisarinna
Suzanne Rogers - @SuzanneC_Rogers, Suzanne Rogers Facebook
James Scott - @IamJamesScott
Freddie Smith - @freddiemsmith
Alison Sweeney - @Ali_Sweeney, Alison Sweeney Facebook
Greg Vaughan - @greg_vaughan
Ari Zucker - @Ari_Zucker, Ari Zucker Facebook

Writers/Hairstylists/Other Staff
Lisa De Cazotte (Co-Executive producer) - @DeCazotte1
Judie Henninger (Promos) - @heyjude14
Matthew Holman (Hairstylist) - @Matthewhairpro
Jayne Marie Kehoe (Wardrobe) - @costumesbyjmk
Patrick Kilian (Former Hairstylist) - @patrickkilian
Maggie Klaus (Former 'Days Insider') - @TheRealMagstar

Former Days cast active on twitter or Facebook and not currently on another soap:
Matt Ashford - @matthew_ashford
Kyle Brandt - @KyleBrandt34
Tamara Braun - @tamarabraun
Darin Brooks - @theedarinbrooks
Sarah Brown - @sarahjoybrown,Sarah Brown Facebook
Ian Buchanan @KilttripUSA
Molly Burnett - @mollydollyy
Crystal Chappell - @crystalchappell
Christie Clark - @Christie__Clark, Christie Clark Facebook
Bren Foster - @BrenFosterReal
Staci Greason - @StaciGreason
Mark Hapka - @MarkHapka
Shelley Hennig - @Shelleyhennig
Brody Hutzler - @brodyhutzler
Gloria Loring - @theglorialoring
Kyle Lowder - @kylelowder22
Martha Madison - @Marth27, Martha Madison Facebook
Rachel Melvin - @Rachel_Melvin
Patrick Muldoon - @MuldoonPatrick
Patsy Pease - @PatriciaPease
Austin Peck - @AustinRed5
Thaao Penghlis - @ThaaoPenghlis
Julie Pinson - @JuliePinsonCom
Peter Reckell - @PeterReckell
Michael Sabatino - @michaelsabatino
Francisco San Martin - @Pepoduder
Kevin Spirtas - Kevin Spirtas Fan Page (Facebook)
Charles Shaughnessy - @c_shaughnessy
Billy Warlock - @billywarlock
Valerie Wildman - @ValerieWildman
Schuyler Yancey - @schuyleryancey

Contact Info:

DAYS Comment Line: 1-818-840-2067

Ken Corday
Executive Producer, Days of Our Lives
3400 West Olive Avenue, Suite 170
Burbank, CA 91505

Greg Meng
Co-Executive Producer, Days of our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523
gmeng@dool.net

Lisa De Cazotte
Co-Executive Producer, Days of our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523

Bruce Evans
SVP, Current Programming
NBC/Universal
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA. 91523

Rebecca McGill
Director, Drama Programming
NBC Television Network
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA. 91523

Gary Tomlin
Co-Head Writer, Days of Our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523

Chris Whitesell
Co-Head Writer, Days of Our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523

Writing Team
Days of our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523

Michael Lynton
Chairman & CEO, Sony Pictures Entertainment
10202 West Washington Boulevard
Culver City, CA 90232-3195

Steve Kent
Senior Executive VP of Programming
Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc.
Culver City, CA 90232
steve_kent@spe.sony.com

Soap Opera Digest
4 New York Plaza, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10004
sodsound@soapoperadigest.com

Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc.
Culver City, CA 90232
feedback@sonypictures.com and spe_corporate_communications@spe.sony.com

------------------------------------------------------------

It is unlikely SOD will print any letter that bashes an actor/actress, producer or headwriter. Try to be reasonable and respectful with your criticism, but don't be afraid to express your point of view about the show and its storylines.

If the comment line inboxes are full, wait until they're emptied and call back later.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The PR team at Days wants us to let everyone know they check this board daily and they report our feedback to producers. They also check the comment line, so make sure to call it often and leave your feedback about the show!
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

I knew I didn't post enough threads this morning...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2013/02/inside-the-writers-room-february-edition-2

David A. Levinson is OUT, with David Cherrill replacing him on the script writing team.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
Feb 25 2013, 02:17 PM
http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2013/02/inside-the-writers-room-february-edition-2

David A. Levinson is OUT, with David Cherrill replacing him on the script writing team.
I defer to Matt on this one. Don't really remember feeling strongly about Levinson one way or the other. He wrote today's episode though and I really enjoyed everything about it. Normally indifferent to him, but I usually only notice who wrote the episodes that I really enjoy. So probably not a good sign that I don't remember much about him.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Oh, well THAT'S interesting considering we were just discussing Levinson's uneven script writing talents. I'm not sure I'm familiar with David Cherrill.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Cherrill
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Matt
Feb 25 2013, 02:21 PM
Oh, well THAT'S interesting considering we were just discussing Levinson's uneven script writing talents. I'm not sure I'm familiar with David Cherrill.
And just when we thought Levinson might be turning a corner. Looks like Cherrill wrote a fair amount during GT's last run. Here's a link to the epis he did...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1250955/filmoseries#tt0058796
Online Profile Goto Top

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Matt
Feb 25 2013, 02:21 PM
Here's his writing profile from Toups at SON. As an actor he was also one of the Tom Hughes recasts in the 70's.

CHERRILL, DAVID (aka David Colson)
Updated September 6, 2012

Another World
- Script Writer (1987 - 1989)
- Associate Head Writer (1984 - 1987)

As The World Turns
- Script Writer (1981; 1999)
- Script Editor (1997 - 1998)

Days Of Our Lives
- Script Writer (December 26, 2008 - June 29, 2011)

One Life To Live
- Script Editor (2003 - 2004)
- Script Writer (1993 - 1997; 2001 - 2002)

Search For Tomorrow
- Associate Head Writer (1982; 1983)
- Head Writer (1982)

Awards
- Daytime Emmy WIN (2012; Outstanding Drama Series Writing Team; Days of our Lives)
- Daytime Emmy NOMINATION (2002; Outstanding Drama Series Writing Team; One Life To Live)
- Daytime Emmy NOMINATION (1996; Outstanding Drama Series Writing Team; One Life To Live)
- Daytime Emmy NOMINATION (1995; Outstanding Drama Series Writing Team; One Life To Live)
- Daytime Emmy WIN (1994; Outstanding Drama Series Writing Team; One Life To Live)
- Daytime Emmy NOMINATION (1989; Outstanding Drama Series Writing Team; Another World)
- Daytime Emmy NOMINATION (1985; Outstanding Drama Series Writing Team; Another World)

- Writers Guild NOMINATION (For 2003 Season; One Life To Live)
- Writers Guild NOMINATION (For 1998 Season; As The World Turns)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

OH! I didn't realize that David Cherrill & C. David Colson were the same person (even though I knew Colson had gone into writing). Colson was THE Tom Hughes through the 1970s who was married to Carol & had the HUGE story with Jay & Natalie (Judith Chapman). Until Justin Deas took over in the early 1980s, Colson was the definitive adult Tom Hughes.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jam6242
Member Avatar

Wasn't he co-head writer of The Doctors in the late 70s? I do remember him acting on ATWT.
Online Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

jam6242
Feb 25 2013, 02:30 PM
Wasn't he co-head writer of The Doctors in the late 70s? I do remember him acting on ATWT.
I'm not sure about the dates, but the Christopher Schemering Soap Opera Encyclopedia lists "Elizabeth Levin with David Cherrill" in the list of headwriters for The Doctors.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LonePirate
Member Avatar

While I appreciate that Days has added another veteran and experienced writer to its staff, this show needs an infusion of youth into its writing team to help put a 21st century spin on the dialogue and stories. I'm not convinced we will receive that with Cherrill.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tylerbo20

days needs to shut down shop for 2 months to catch up and make a proper show.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

tylerbo20
Feb 25 2013, 04:21 PM
days needs to shut down shop for 2 months to catch up and make a proper show.
i don't think that's ever going to happen. Shooting this far ahead is supposedly some big cost-saving measure, so i can't see them wanting to change because they will have to spend more money. That said, pushing almost 3.5 months ahead is ridiculous. I'm sure that if they stuck to between 2 & 2.5 months ahead (which is still much more than any other soap, but at least it would be slightly more reasonable), they'd still be able to save the money they do now.
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

Eileen Davidson ‏@eileen_davidson
@nbcdays @YandR_CBS worked days this am now off to y and r!
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Okay so the woman is a psychopath and thinks she's the soap opera version of Martin Luther King Jr. Which she is far from...but I found this interesting. And I'm pretty upset about it if its true because while I don't like her as a person at all, she is super talented and could create massive amounts of buzz for the show. Of course if they ever wronged her she would make it seem like DAYS was run by white supremacist. Tough call.

Victoria Rowell @victoriarowell
@SteveKentSony doesn't allow me to audition for DAYS. It's personal for sure.
10:14 PM - Feb 25, 2013
Edited by DiMeraFan67, Feb 26 2013, 12:18 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Sometimes you have to weight your talent against your media buzz against your CRAZY and find out which one outweighs the others. Sometimes the CRAZY is a little too much to get around (especially if it might lend itself to being a problem on set).
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

DiMeraFan67
Feb 26 2013, 12:18 AM
Okay so the woman is a psychopath and thinks she's the soap opera version of Martin Luther King Jr. Which she is far from...but I found this interesting. And I'm pretty upset about it if its true because while I don't like her as a person at all, she is super talented and could create massive amounts of buzz for the show. Of course if they ever wronged her she would make it seem like DAYS was run by white supremacist. Tough call.

Victoria Rowell @victoriarowell
@SteveKentSony doesn't allow me to audition for DAYS. It's personal for sure.
10:14 PM - Feb 25, 2013
Or maybe there's no room for you, Victoria. Not everything is "personal", hon.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Matt
Feb 26 2013, 12:21 AM
Sometimes you have to weight your talent against your media buzz against your CRAZY and find out which one outweighs the others. Sometimes the CRAZY is a little too much to get around (especially if it might lend itself to being a problem on set).
Exactly. Plus she wouldn't come cheap. I don't think its personal, as in he is a racist and hates her, I think its personal as in he knows she's totally crazy and would do more harm than good.
Offline Profile Goto Top

cord08

What role would she audition for anyway? The special prosecutor?

I agree with Matt, though. I think Steve Kent is making a good call. Executives at Days making good decisions? Shocking.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic