Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 2/25
Topic Started: Feb 25 2013, 12:49 PM (9,241 Views)
AFaithL

NocturnalBlondie
Mar 3 2013, 01:59 PM
AFaithL
Mar 3 2013, 01:50 PM
Anyway, NO to Bricole round 4. It failed 3 times already for a reason...because there wasn't enough chemistry or fan interest.
Umm really? Lol. I follow the Bricole Twitter account on Twitter, and there are plenty of fans still maintaining an interest in the couple. Not to mention, they have like over 1000 followers... no fan interest? Hahaha... ok. For a couple with "no chemistry", they're doing pretty okay in terms of fanbase. ^o)
Well, I am a member of that account...and I don't want them together. Just because someone follows an account doesn't mean anything. It could just mean they are Brady fans and follow whatever account he's part of. Hell, EM himself follows a Brady/Madison account. Doesn't mean anything. :shrug:

Anyway, if you go by tweets, Ericole has more support than any Nicole pairing ever. With Ejole second.
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

AFaithL
Mar 3 2013, 02:30 PM
NocturnalBlondie
AFaithL
Anyway, NO to Bricole round 4. It failed 3 times already for a reason...because there wasn't enough chemistry or fan interest.
Umm really? Lol. I follow the Bricole Twitter account on Twitter, and there are plenty of fans still maintaining an interest in the couple. Not to mention, they have like over 1000 followers... no fan interest? Hahaha... ok. For a couple with "no chemistry", they're doing pretty okay in terms of fanbase. ^o)
Well, I am a member of that account...and I don't want them together. Just because someone follows an account doesn't mean anything. It could just mean they are Brady fans and follow whatever account he's part of. Hell, EM himself follows a Brady/Madison account. Doesn't mean anything. :shrug:

Anyway, if you go by tweets, Ericole has more support than any Nicole pairing ever. With Ejole second.
It does mean something. That fan page has over 1000 followers... you may seem to think most of those followers are non-fans or something, but that's absolutely ridiculous considering that account tweets nothing but pro-Bricole tweets. There is little incentive to follow the account unless you're a fan.

I'm not trying to make a claim that Bricole is bigger than other Nicole or Brady pairs, but your statement that Brady and Nicole have little support and little chemistry is a bit laughable to me. It's one thing to say you don't like them as a pair, but to talk as if they were this nobody couple no one cared about is a joke. They had huge amounts of support when they were together, and the reason they're not together now is due to writing directions and nothing else. Before Higley was fired, it seemed like they were really pursuing the two, and it was only when MarDar came and created Madison that that changed.

If Bricole "failed 3 times"... Ejole also "failed 3 times"... in both cases, it was a change in writing direction not an intrinsic defect or something. :eyeroll:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

:fight:
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

Matt
Mar 3 2013, 03:01 PM
LOL
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Bricole didn't fail because lack of chemistry or lack of fan support. They failed because the writers wanted the Brady/Nicole to move on to different stories/characters. That's all.
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Mar 3 2013, 03:06 PM
Bricole didn't fail because lack of chemistry or lack of fan support. They failed because the writers wanted the Brady/Nicole to move on to different stories/characters. That's all.
Thank you. A more condensed version of what I was trying to say. :laugh:
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

NocturnalBlondie
Mar 3 2013, 02:55 PM
AFaithL
Mar 3 2013, 02:30 PM
NocturnalBlondie
AFaithL

It does mean something. That fan page has over 1000 followers... you may seem to think most of those followers are non-fans or something, but that's absolutely ridiculous considering that account tweets nothing but pro-Bricole tweets. There is little incentive to follow the account unless you're a fan.

I'm not trying to make a claim that Bricole is bigger than other Nicole or Brady pairs, but your statement that Brady and Nicole have little support and little chemistry is a bit laughable to me. It's one thing to say you don't like them as a pair, but to talk as if they were this nobody couple no one cared about is a joke. They had huge amounts of support when they were together, and the reason they're not together now is due to writing directions and nothing else. Before Higley was fired, it seemed like they were really pursuing the two, and it was only when MarDar came and created Madison that that changed.

If Bricole "failed 3 times"... Ejole also "failed 3 times"... in both cases, it was a change in writing direction not an intrinsic defect or something. :eyeroll:
Well, we will have to agree to disagree. Just because someone hasn't unliked a twitter account that they might have "liked" several years ago, isn't a show of support of a current pairing. Or else, We might as well bring Madison back from the dead for Brady, because EM follows them on twitter and continues to do so. Also, reunite Ejole. They have an ass-load of twitter support.

Like I said, I follow them. And I don't want them to be anything more than friends. How many are just like me and either enjoy their friendship or have moved on to other pairings?

I'm just saying if you go by CURRENT tweets to the studio and CURRENT responses in threads, Eric and Nicole have the most support for any "Nicole" pairing. Not Ejole, Bricole, or whoever.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 3 2013, 02:10 PM
My issue with bricole has never been about anything they did to each other. My issue is that Brady really didn't give a crap about her during their whole story arc. She was a place filler and when Chloe came back, he proved it. I think EM and AZ have a lot of chemistry, much more than he does with ED, but I don't think their characters work together in a romantic relationship.
Does he get credit for making up for it by hanging around her like a puppy for months and helping her purchase a baby?
Offline Profile Goto Top

lazydazes
Member Avatar

I`m a Bricole fan and love AZ/EM together and separate. But as much as I do adore them as a duo, I have to admit that I don`t want a redux right now. AZ/GV`s chemistry is off the chains and there is so much story to tell where ericole`s concerned. I got mad love for this ericole pairing because of az/gv`s fiery chemistry. My rewind button is literally worn out after ericole scenes and I haven`t done that since jack/jenn`s early days. If Bristen & Ericole weren`t so damned explosivley hot, perhaps I`d have a different opinion. I so want to see the ericole & bristen storylines play out because of their storyline potentials.
And not for one moment does that take away from bricole or their popularity because they do have supporters.
But, for me, Ericole is where it`s at. I have a front row seat and just salivating at the thought of when nicole rips that collar off.
If ericole`s fantasy sequences are any indication, fans will get a treat when things really get steamy between ericole. As for EM`s tweet, i believe that it means he/nicole will be hanging together. I think that eric will continue to be oblivious these next weeks and kristen`s lies will blow sky high. Brady/Nicole will turn to each other because they`re friends. Kristen will be insanely jealous and recruit father eric to bust them up, and finally eric will be forced to acknowledge his feelings. Oh let the games begin...
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Mar 3 2013, 03:26 PM
lysie
My issue with bricole has never been about anything they did to each other. My issue is that Brady really didn't give a crap about her during their whole story arc. She was a place filler and when Chloe came back, he proved it. I think EM and AZ have a lot of chemistry, much more than he does with ED, but I don't think their characters work together in a romantic relationship.
Does he get credit for making up for it by hanging around her like a puppy for months and helping her purchase a baby?
No but he gets credit for that belt scene.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 3 2013, 04:07 PM
six
Mar 3 2013, 03:26 PM
lysie
No but he gets credit for that belt scene.
Time to start using an avatar again.

LL, do you still have that gif?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Okay, Days shooting schedule just continues to weird me out with how far they are in taping episodes. I clicked a photo while doing a google image search and I found some twit pics from ED and DH that shows them taping episodes that just recently aired or are about to air.

Like, I know they're like 3-4 months ahead, but this
Quote:

Eileen Davidson ‏@eileen_davidson
That's my daddy!!!!! pic.twitter.com/3GdMdfCq

Was posted on ED's timeline all the way back in the beginning of November and those scenes just aired less than two weeks ago.

And this:
Quote:

Eileen Davidson ‏@eileen_davidson
@DeidreHall we sure don't look like we hate each other pic.twitter.com/MEVznF9n
was posted at the beginning of December. DH has a bunch of pictures with her(wearing the same outfit) and other cast members from around January https://www.facebook.com/DeidreHallFanPage/photos_stream (Just scroll down a few), I'm pretty sure those scenes will air this or next week.

When and why did Days start taping so much ahead of schedule?
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

^The answer is Gary Tomlin, and supposedly it saves money. Though, imho, pretty soon they'll be taped beyond their pickup date.
Online Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

blueskies
Mar 3 2013, 05:39 PM
^The answer is Gary Tomlin, and supposedly it saves money. Though, imho, pretty soon they'll be taped beyond their pickup date.
Perhaps, but that's also gotta be really tricky in trying to keep DAYS from taking a swan dive in story quality. I think the Wabi, Bristen, and even some of the Chloe stuff has been really good so far but most of those started out dull and boring and stayed that way for awhile. How can Gary Tomlin effectively keep fan interest and tv ratings high (or mid-to-high) if he doesn't give himself enough room to edit some of the S/L's when there's a possibility of them going south?
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Mar 3 2013, 05:55 PM
blueskies
Mar 3 2013, 05:39 PM
Perhaps, but that's also gotta be really tricky in trying to keep DAYS from taking a swan dive in story quality. I think the Wabi, Bristen, and even some of the Chloe stuff has been really good so far but most of those started out dull and boring and stayed that way for awhile. How can Gary Tomlin effectively keep fan interest and tv ratings high (or mid-to-high) if he doesn't give himself enough room to edit some of the S/L's when there's a possibility of them going south?
you don't have to convince me, i think it's ridiculous. I don't see why they don't take about 2 months off, save the money there, & then they'd only be 2 months ahead.
Online Profile Goto Top

Aimikins
Member Avatar

What exactly did EM say about a Bricole reunion?i don't see anything
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Aimikins
Mar 3 2013, 06:16 PM
https://twitter.com/ericmartsolf/status/307614117701758976

Eric Martsolf
‏@ericmartsolf

@tourank7: @ericmartsolf @Ari_Zucker i really missed you guys on screen. .is their any hint u can tell us about #bricole reunion? Hmmm..

Lol, a 4 letter; one syllable word caused all this drama.
Edited by Panda Panda, Mar 3 2013, 06:22 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Panda Panda
Mar 3 2013, 06:21 PM
Aimikins

Eric Martsolf
‏@ericmartsolf

@tourank7: @ericmartsolf @Ari_Zucker i really missed you guys on screen. .is their any hint u can tell us about #bricole reunion? Hmmm..

I know. Really, does size matter? I like it when the actors are cryptic. But geez. A Hmmmmmmm? Maybe he was humming a tune, and it just came out on the computer or something.
That being said..............who votes for the staff and actors to have a huge one month off, and that includes the writers, so they can slow down some? They can play Days classics and get all caught up.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cathalina

I think DAYS needs to cool its taping heels too. They cannot do what other shows do which is respond to viewer feedback quickly enough to help it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aimikins
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Mar 3 2013, 06:21 PM
Aimikins

Eric Martsolf
‏@ericmartsolf

Ok - I still don't get how hmmm = reunion. Any answer he could have said would have the same reaction.
Of course because he didn't give a flat out no, there is speculation but come on, when do they ever give us a straight answer?
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic