Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New Y&R 40th Anniversary Cast Photo; Parade Magazine Exclusive
Topic Started: Mar 3 2013, 04:33 PM (2,525 Views)
Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Parade magazine (which is in a lot of Sunday newspapers ) had an exclusive look of the Y&R 40th Anniversary pic on their website. Here's the link. Pretty good pic.

http://www.parade.com/celebrity/personality-parade/2013/03/03/who-has-been-married-most-young-and-the-restless.html?fullsite=true&utm_source=parademagazine&utm_medium=print&utm_campaign=vanity20130303
Edited by Daytime, Mar 3 2013, 06:18 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Daytime
Member Avatar

Posted Image

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Love it! Thank you Daytime :)

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Jill should be in the front and center along with Katherine. My only gripe.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

And so should John, even if he only makes guest appearances now. He's still been there forever. Maybe they are going with the popularity again.

Leisha
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Mar 4 2013, 02:36 PM
Jill should be in the front and center along with Katherine. My only gripe.
...dressed in a red gown with big hair. It's so OOC to see Jill in pants at something like this.

They're doing lots of family photos too, but I've haven't seen one of Katherine & Jill yet.

Prime time actors who are paid to wish Y&R Happy Anniversary and the twitter trivia contest aren't doing anything for me. Wish they would use the $ to bring in some of our favorite characters for a story.... and fly Jess Walton down for some pics for gawds sakes!

Soapwatcher

Jill, John, Paul, Michael, Lauren should have all been up in the front row, even Sharon ONLY BECAUSE she has been on the show for a lot of years, also Esther, then the next row could have included Gloria, Kevin, Chloe, Christine, Lily, Devon, Jeffrey, Adam, then the newbies, they should have done it by seniority rather than who they think or wish was popular.
Edited by Soapwatcher, Mar 5 2013, 10:42 AM.

Jack'sBack

BlissfulLily
Mar 4 2013, 05:10 PM
And so should John, even if he only makes guest appearances now. He's still been there forever. Maybe they are going with the popularity again.

If they were going with popularity Victoria, Billy and Neil wouldn't be in the front; Lily and Cane would!

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Villie is more realistic. She's a Newman, he's an Abbott, core families together. Sure they'd be in front row. Much rather watch those 2.
MS and SC both started Y&R in 94. CLB has been there since 91. Who knows why they set it up the way they did. I'm sure we are more bothered by it than they are. :)

ratfink
Member Avatar

Poor Esther in the back with the newbies :drunk:

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Esther's lucky she even got in the picture, haven't seen her in months, and when we do, she's carrying that ridiculous feather duster around spreading more dust.
She hasn't had a SL since she was going to marry the last jerk they stuck her with.
A house as big as Katherine's has to have an entire cleaning staff, Esther should be the executive housekeeper running the show and not in that stupid maid's outfit either, she could also be handling Katherines social calendar, instead of Adrianna.
What's up with Jill wearing a dark skirt and an overblouse?

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Wonder how many people are going to wear black, dark brown, navy blue today. Always dark colors. How maudlin.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Love this picture of Victor
Posted Image

jwsel
Member Avatar

I can't believe they photoshopped Steve Burton's head on Stephen Nichols body. That's just pathetic.

Posted Image

ratfink
Member Avatar

Yuk..how do you know that???

jwsel
Member Avatar

ratfink
Mar 8 2013, 01:11 AM
Yuk..how do you know that???
If that question is to me, compare the image in my post, which was taken as a screencap from the end of the video about taking the picture.

Or read this blog, which explains it: http://www.thegcac.blogspot.com/2013/03/a-tale-of-two-photos.html?m=1

Caramella
Member Avatar

jwsel
Mar 8 2013, 12:36 AM
I can't believe they photoshopped Steve Burton's head on Stephen Nichols body. That's just pathetic.

Posted Image
I didn't care for that either. I realize that Steve Burton is a FOJ, but they could've just added in a photo of him and stuck him somewhere in the back alongside Ignaccio. They've both been with the show around the same(Alex) length of time, whereas Stephen Nichols was at the photo shoot, and had been with the show for a while, and should've remained in the shot. Jess Walton also looks to have been photoshopped in, because the Jill Foster character is an original, and I know she would've been closer to Katherine.
Edited by Caramella, Mar 11 2013, 12:56 AM.

jwsel
Member Avatar

They didn't have to do anything to add Steve Burton. He was in the original photo, even though I think it was taken before he was officially announced. If you look at the picture in my link, he is just below and to the left of the logo. In the final photo, they did not just photoshop Steve Burton's head on Stephen Nichols' body, they also deleted the real Steve Burton. In other words, they moved Steve Burton in the photo to remove Stephen Nichols.

dragonflies
Member Avatar

they put Burton's head on SN's body, wow

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

This just a big so what, to me, but, whatever.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply