Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Monday, March 4th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Mar 4 2013, 07:45 AM (11,557 Views)
kay
Member Avatar
Kay

Pookie
Mar 4 2013, 04:22 PM
Angelsmile
Mar 4 2013, 04:10 PM
WillFan
Mar 4 2013, 03:49 PM
Will is not weak,he said that he doesn't want anyone else to get in trouble for him anymore. He said he would go to jail if it meant he was the only one that would get in trouble.Since when is that weak? I choose to ignore people that believe he is being weak.The fans knows what Nick is up to but Will does not. I felt so bad for Will because he loves this baby so much. I just hope that he will finally see what Nick is really up to and fight for his daughter.
Will spent a good part of the episode trying to explain to everyone why Nick was not a bad guy for blackmailing him. This is after he made the statement that Nick was probably right and his daughter was better off without him. Then Sonny had to spend the last 3 to 5 minutes today, and I would guess about half of the show tomorrow convincing Will that the person that called him "gayboy", the person he himself threatened to beat the bigotry out of, the person that said the baby would only be confused being raised by three daddies just might have blackmailed him because he's homophobic. Weak is the kindest word to call Will at this point.

Will is willing to sacrifice himself for the greater good. Nick is willing to sacrifice multiple people for his personal gain. He can flap his yap about Gabi and the baby all he wants. This is about HIM getting his white picket fence fantasy thinking it's going to erase his past. But his past is about to come knocking down his door soon AND I CAN'T WAIT.
This is so true. I hope Nick goes back to prison or he ends up dead by his former prison buddy.
Offline Profile Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

six
Mar 4 2013, 07:39 PM
lysie
Mar 4 2013, 07:35 PM
six
Mar 4 2013, 07:33 PM
esp13
Mar 4 2013, 01:46 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
How long has it been since we had a Horton choosing to do the wrong thing? Probably never in Nick's lifetime. Although there were the things Lucas pulled...

Also, did Lucas even know Tom?
Well...Will for starters, lol.
lol. Yeah, that was wrong, but I was thinking more along the lines of something outright villainous.
Well, there was Jeremy and his girl smuggling ring.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Mar 4 2013, 06:28 PM
I don't consider this story to be all about Sami.
It's #TeamSami and #TeamNick.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Bee
Mar 4 2013, 09:16 PM
blueskies
Mar 4 2013, 08:58 PM
i was actually liking Sami today. That is until she said she didn't understand how someone could be as cruel as Nick's being. Um Sami, hello? If Salem were a real place I'd drive there & shove a mirror in her face.
IKR!

Classic Sami. Do unto others but they had better not do it back unto you. Ya'll know how much I adore Sami but when she said that I had to do a major eye roll. In fact, I was kind of expecting EJ to give her a side-eye over that whopper.
Seriously, how awesome would it have been if EJ would've given her the side eye right there? He still could've hugged her and everything since she was crying, but a hug accompanied by an eyeroll would've been perfection, LOL.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Bee
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Mar 4 2013, 09:33 PM
Bee
blueskies
i was actually liking Sami today. That is until she said she didn't understand how someone could be as cruel as Nick's being. Um Sami, hello? If Salem were a real place I'd drive there & shove a mirror in her face.
IKR!

Classic Sami. Do unto others but they had better not do it back unto you. Ya'll know how much I adore Sami but when she said that I had to do a major eye roll. In fact, I was kind of expecting EJ to give her a side-eye over that whopper.
Seriously, how awesome would it have been if EJ would've given her the side eye right there? He still could've hugged her and everything since she was crying, but a hug accompanied by an eyeroll would've been perfection, LOL.
It would have been pretty funny and snarky. She wouldn't have been able to see him do it over her head.
Offline Profile Goto Top

vettejb

Okay, I admit I don't know what is going on, but it sounds like to me that it would be too soon for Nick to be killed off/targeted by the convict. It sounds like most are enjoying this story line and a great deal of that seems to have to do with Nick.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Overall awesome show today!!

Even though I had to suffer thru Dannifer & Abby/NuCameron.

I haven't been TeamSami in so long that I'm not sure what to think about my current Sami love. I'm just before buying the tshirt & bumper sticker.

EJ's threat to Nick was damn sexy. :wub:

Sonny still has the Salem brain.

Will needs to go to the toliet & sh*t out his spine & kick Nicks ass. He's got nothing to lose.

Can't wait for tomorrow! :cheer:
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Mar 4 2013, 10:03 PM

I haven't been TeamSami in so long that I'm not sure what to think about my current Sami love. I'm just before buying the tshirt & bumper sticker.

Will needs to go to the toliet & sh*t out his spine & kick Nicks ass. He's got nothing to lose.

And you made my point.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 4 2013, 10:08 PM
SoapGal1

And you made my point.
I know. B-)
Offline Profile Goto Top

greeneyedgirl
Member Avatar

lysie
SoapGal1

And you made my point.
hey I'll take TeamSami over TeamGaby anyday! I love how this whole baby storyline has nothing to do with Gaby.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

greeneyedgirl
Mar 4 2013, 10:15 PM
lysie
SoapGal1

And you made my point.
hey I'll take TeamSami over TeamGaby anyday! I love how this whole baby storyline has nothing to do with Gaby.
Gabi's spotlight isn't the one she has taken.
Offline Profile Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

Bee
blueskies
IKR!

Those are the little misses that I have to bash a writer for because if you know the history you can't meaningfully have a character like Sami or EJ or Nicole say stuff like that. It undermined the whole scene for me
Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 4 2013, 09:29 PM
DrewHamilton
It must be the way you look at it, because I'm not seeing #TeamSami. I'm seeing Sami as an avid supporter/member of #TeamWill vs. #TeamNick.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Mar 4 2013, 10:19 PM
lysie
DrewHamilton
It must be the way you look at it, because I'm not seeing #TeamSami. I'm seeing Sami as an avid supporter/member of #TeamWill vs. #TeamNick.
Maybe, but as far as I could tell the focus was way more on Sami's feelings about everything rather than Will's. He got a little bit at the end, but most of the scenes were focused on Sami. Poor Sami thinks she ruined things for Will. Noble Sami was willing to sacrifice HER time with HER grandchild. Sami and Nick are the two going toe to toe right now. She's kind of on TeamWill in the same way she was on TeamBrady in 2007. To be on the team, you actually have to be aligned with what the team is doing.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 4 2013, 10:25 PM
DrewHamilton
lysie
DrewHamilton
Maybe, but as far as I could tell the focus was way more on Sami's feelings about everything rather than Will's. He got a little bit at the end, but most of the scenes were focused on Sami. Poor Sami thinks she ruined things for Will. Noble Sami was willing to sacrifice HER time with HER grandchild. Sami and Nick are the two going toe to toe right now. She's kind of on TeamWill in the same way she was on TeamBrady in 2007. To be on the team, you actually have to be aligned with what the team is doing.
But it's Sami though. She'll never just do what the team is doing. If she did, you'd get Sami: 2008-2011. No thanks.

As for the focus on her in the episode today, it just didn't bother me. Everything seemed to be logical in what they were showcasing through her. Maybe it's because the writing for the character is finally on point. She's reacting the way she should be reacting. If we were getting Sami doing anything else, maybe I wouldn't be so supportive.

I'm just glad I can finally enjoy Sami again.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Mar 4 2013, 10:30 PM
lysie
DrewHamilton
lysie

But it's Sami though. She'll never just do what the team is doing. If she did, you'd get Sami: 2008-2011. No thanks.

Personally, I think that's what we're getting. Once again, the only thing about her that has changed is everyone's reaction to her. And while that's definitely a positive this time around, it's not good enough for me. And yes, admittedly the only thing good enough for me would be for her to get the hell off my show. But the least they could do is let her suck up her own story instead of someone else's.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 4 2013, 10:36 PM
DrewHamilton
Mar 4 2013, 10:30 PM
lysie
DrewHamilton

Personally, I think that's what we're getting. Once again, the only thing about her that has changed is everyone's reaction to her. And while that's definitely a positive this time around, it's not good enough for me. And yes, admittedly the only thing good enough for me would be for her to get the hell off my show. But the least they could do is let her suck up her own story instead of someone else's.
That's the thing I love though. I haven't enjoyed Sami as much as I'm enjoying her now supporting someone else's story. It would've been very easy for Tomlin/Whitesell to give us another tiring round of EJ/Sami/Rafe. Instead, he's keeping the three of them connected, but through a refreshing story. Lord knows the last thing we needed was another round of that triangle. I'll take Sami supporting/"sucking up" someone else's story over having to endure another triangle story with EJ and Rafe any day. At least for a while. It's been such a nice break, and Sami is so much more enjoyable. Maybe by the time Tomlin/Whitesell are ready to give Sami her own story again, I'll actually be interested, rather than sick and tired of seeing her all the time.
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 4 2013, 10:17 PM
greeneyedgirl
lysie
SoapGal1

And you made my point.
No, Nick took that quick enough. It may as well be Nick giving birth and Sami's the father.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

blueskies
Mar 4 2013, 10:44 PM
lysie
Mar 4 2013, 10:17 PM
greeneyedgirl
lysie

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepTeamSami
No, Nick took that quick enough. It may as well be Nick giving birth and Sami's the father.
Yep.

And DrewHamilton, to me it just looks like they put her right back into the same old story minus the triangle. It IS nice to be done with the triangle, but she's been playing this same part for the last 6 years, too. I preferred her role between the summer and Christmas before the triangle started back.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

That line about someone being so cruel, while ironic, was perfectly in character for Sami . I've known a few vicious people who crumbled after getting a taste of their own medicine. I remember one crying and saying she couldn't believe someone would treat her so badly. In her mind she was a good person and in the mind of self absorbed Sami she was always justified in her actions unlike Nick.I laughed as soon as she said it and we all picked up on it. It just seemed so....Sami.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic