Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 3/4
Topic Started: Mar 4 2013, 07:47 AM (27,407 Views)
soapgal
Member Avatar

greeneyedgirl
Mar 8 2013, 12:25 AM
Supergirlx2
Mar 7 2013, 11:37 PM
greeneyedgirl
Mar 7 2013, 10:44 PM
TreasureCove
Mar 7 2013, 10:29 PM
:shrug: Cupcake stealing? Snowball meltdown? Will someone please explain? :shrug:
Yes I have no idea what the cupcake/snowball battle is and what caused it?
the Reader's Digest version: the Carbo fans sent Peter a bunch of Snoball cupcakes on the last day that Carly was seen on screen. I'm pretty sure Peter tweeted "thanks", but it was Kristian's pictures and thanks that got the Carbo fans all annoyed because SHE was eating the cupcakes they sent HIM to celebrate the end of CARLY's run, and how dare she be eating the cupcakes when they weren't for her to eat. (i guess some that were upset weren't aware of the note/card that went along with the cupcakes that told Peter to feel free to share with the rest of the cast & crew) The Carbo fans also felt like Kristian tweeting the pics of her eating the cupcakes was her way of trying to rub in their faces (as well as CC's) that she had "won" and whatever. The Carbo fans tweeted Kristian about how rude it was for her to tweet the pics, blah blah blah. There was also a "you've been sno'balled" twitter bomb that no Days-related actor/writer/hair&makeup person was safe from. I believe that's why Kristian tweeted the "what does she feed them".
to this day, the Carbo fans are still annoyed by the tweeted pics, and everyone else just enjoys reminiscing about them (we also got to see that pic quite a bit after it was tweeted since Mitch made it his avi on here).

the infamous snoball cupcake pic: http://pics.lockerz.com/s/140991116
thanks for explaining it and that is kind of crazy for people to get that worked up over snowballs but this thread is making me hungry:)

I really just lol at this whole story. I wonder why people think soap fans are crazy and delusional. It just doesn't make sense to me.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

Matt
Mar 8 2013, 12:37 AM
Of course, Sno-Ball-gate happened shortly after Twitter-gate (which is what I'm sure sparked it to begin with) and was, I believe, KA 1st retort of any kind after pretty much being dragged through the mud by the CC crazies (including Nelson Branco) that CC openly condoned even thought her Grey Goosed ass says she didn't.
Kristian never said anything during Nelsongate. The only time she ever referred to it at all was a one-liner in a little SOD online blurb.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Supergirlx2
Mar 8 2013, 12:41 AM
Matt
Of course, Sno-Ball-gate happened shortly after Twitter-gate (which is what I'm sure sparked it to begin with) and was, I believe, KA 1st retort of any kind after pretty much being dragged through the mud by the CC crazies (including Nelson Branco) that CC openly condoned even thought her Grey Goosed ass says she didn't.
Kristian never said anything during Nelsongate. The only time she ever referred to it at all was a one-liner in a little SOD online blurb.
And I developed a lot of respect for her for that. I just meant that it happened so closely afterwards that it was construed as a sideways "wink nod" kinda deal. In fact, I kinda loved her even more that that. lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
Mar 7 2013, 11:56 PM
They should be thankful the people eat it at all and that they even tweet pics of themselves doing so. The pics prove that the money spent on whatever hasn't gone in the trash can I guess since the people at Days have no idea who's sending it really.
They're crazy for eating the stuff sent to them. No way would I eat anything a fan sent me. We've seen firsthand how crazy they are. I bet BB won't be eating any gifts sent to him. ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

Spencer Hastings
Mar 8 2013, 01:32 AM
Miss Rhi
Mar 7 2013, 11:56 PM
They should be thankful the people eat it at all and that they even tweet pics of themselves doing so. The pics prove that the money spent on whatever hasn't gone in the trash can I guess since the people at Days have no idea who's sending it really.
They're crazy for eating the stuff sent to them. No way would I eat anything a fan sent me. We've seen firsthand how crazy they are. I bet BB won't be eating any gifts sent to him. ;)
they, like most food items, weren't fan-made. they were ordered from a bakery in LA & then delivered to the studio.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

darraholic
Mar 4 2013, 10:56 PM
I first read that as Shawn had signed a 5 year contract and was ready to cry.
You are kidding me? Not thrilled, .. not thrilled at all. He is a horrible character,.. I don't root for that character at all. I just can't connect with him.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

DesignatedShelley
Mar 5 2013, 02:51 PM
Sorry to Shawn because yeah I'm sure he is a nice guy but ... ugh, so depressed if he's renewing :( :frownie:
Can't they have this Daniel die and then bring in a grayer twin or double ganger? Maybe connect him to the Dimera. If anything he should be bad,.. good doesn't work for him.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

am103
Mar 6 2013, 11:18 PM
tomsawyer
Mar 6 2013, 09:30 PM
concerned
Mar 6 2013, 09:14 PM
Damm looks like I missed Bricole week.
Hope EM tweets again so I can weigh in.
It reminded me of this time...

and how much I wanted him to just wrap Nicole up and rescue her forever.
I'ld forgotten what a stuupid jackass EJ can be.. not unsurprisingly its all coming back to me now.

Awh man, they were so great back in the day. I feel like DH got ALL the couples wrong at the end of the babyswitch.
I agree totally. When that story ended it should have been Nicole/Brady, Arianna/EJ, and Sami/Rafe, with Lucas coming in later to cause trouble for the latter. That was the time period when those three pairings had the strongest chemistry. Now I couldn't care less who is with who, lol.
I could definitely have seen Arianna/EJ and Brady/Nicole as a couple. Not Rafe/Sami,.. but there is no secret I do not love Safe.

Shame they killed of Arianna.. her scenes with EJ was quite good. Ahh well.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

Aimikins
Mar 7 2013, 12:08 PM
Miss me some Bricole :( Loved them together
I think once Nicole and Eric hook up.. Brady could be their angst, Who knows.. we will see.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

SocRMum1
Mar 7 2013, 03:40 PM
I think their characters on screen behavior have as big an impact on opinions of them personally as their real life off screen behavior. It's evident no matter which pairing an actor is with - and it affects a number of actors/characters. The fans of the couple they are currently featuring tend to be much more tolerant and readily charmed - while the fans of their opposite pairings are easily offended/frustrated. And I include myself when I say that - and not the fans who simply don't like the actor/character no matter who they are paired with.
Very true.
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

Matt
Mar 8 2013, 01:02 AM
Supergirlx2
Matt
And I developed a lot of respect for her for that. I just meant that it happened so closely afterwards that it was construed as a sideways "wink nod" kinda deal. In fact, I kinda loved her even more that that. lol
i did too, lol; after everything that had happened in such a short time frame, that pic is still my fave thing to come from the Days cast being on twitter.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Matt
Supergirlx2
Matt
Exactly. Looking at it in context made it clear that KA wasn't just innocently sharing photos of herself munching on a cupcake lol. That picture was probably the only semi worthwhile thing to come out of weeks of craziness.

And for those who missed twittergate, I believe Nelson started hinting that someone on set had gotten CC fired and that not many people in the cast liked this person etc. It was obvious that the person he was hinting at was KA. People lost it and started bashing her, calling her anorexic and other names. CC was happily tweeting while all this was going on and when people tried to get her to step in, she said something about free speech. A couple of days passed and then CC acted like she had no idea any of this had happened, and I think she and Kenny got into it and I want to say CC wrote a blog or gave an interview in which we learned that she was the victim, but I may have made that up. Anyway, we got the cupcake pic on the heels of all that, which was fitting in light of the accusations about KA starving herself.
Edited by six, Mar 8 2013, 07:56 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Kenny
Mar 6 2013, 11:36 AM
Casey Deidrick
It's summertime in Salem @nbcdays @Nathanjowens http://pic.twitter.com/F4KBgsmGQY

Posted Image
This picture is just so perfect. Like... flawless :wub:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Brewster
Member Avatar

For some strange reason, I usually believe that the actors actually get along better and don't take all this as seriously as some fans do. They are serious about their jobs and characters, but stuff like what KA did? I chalk that up to messing around. I remember when GG & BD or both, tweeted out that pic of JS's cardboard cut out at a fan event. At first I thought it was meant to be disrespectful, but after hearing from some of the people who were actually there- it was a joke. Just like when JS tore up the Safe sign when he was messing with GG.

From everything I've read about JS & GG, they like each other off set. The actors are just messing around and being silly, like I do every day at work with my co-workers. Just because they are on TV doesn't exclude them from that workplace behavior. I sometimes think it is the fans who make it into something it's not. You don't like the character or who they are paired with and you want to make it about the actor :shrug:

I don't recall the KA thing specifically, but even if she was being cheeky, so what. I like that in a person.
Offline Profile Goto Top

soapgal
Member Avatar

Brewster
Mar 8 2013, 08:17 AM
For some strange reason, I usually believe that the actors actually get along better and don't take all this as seriously as some fans do. They are serious about their jobs and characters, but stuff like what KA did? I chalk that up to messing around. I remember when GG & BD or both, tweeted out that pic of JS's cardboard cut out at a fan event. At first I thought it was meant to be disrespectful, but after hearing from some of the people who were actually there- it was a joke. Just like when JS tore up the Safe sign when he was messing with GG.

From everything I've read about JS & GG, they like each other off set. The actors are just messing around and being silly, like I do every day at work with my co-workers. Just because they are on TV doesn't exclude them from that workplace behavior. I sometimes think it is the fans who make it into something it's not. You don't like the character or who they are paired with and you want to make it about the actor :shrug:

I don't recall the KA thing specifically, but even if she was being cheeky, so what. I like that in a person.

Do you have links to pictures of either of these? Would love to see them.

I think what fans fail to realize is that the actors know that their characters aren't real. No matter what food is sent or consumed KA and PR will not be together in real life or if TPTB don't write them that way. Maybe somone should write a book titled Understanding Fiction 101 and send a copy to all these crazy loons.

BTW if I ever see GG eat anything I sent to JS and AS I will go bat shit crazy. Just saying...
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

soapgal
Mar 8 2013, 09:31 AM
Brewster
Mar 8 2013, 08:17 AM

Do you have links to pictures of either of these? Would love to see them.

I think what fans fail to realize is that the actors know that their characters aren't real. No matter what food is sent or consumed KA and PR will not be together in real life or if TPTB don't write them that way. Maybe somone should write a book titled Understanding Fiction 101 and send a copy to all these crazy loons.

BTW if I ever see GG eat anything I sent to JS and AS I will go bat shit crazy. Just saying...
IMHO what makes ANYTHING an actor does/says worse is when fans (on both sides) get into this 'I'm going to defend this actor because I love him so'....it's what escalated the situation with the CC/KA thing....The fans proceed to show their love for said actor by tweeting them or defending the one that the actor was talking about, etc. Some actors then escalate the situation by thanking the ones that are defending them, which is fine but it usually blows up the situation because it brings it all out in the open. What I will never get is why fans would resort to tactics like writing emails or letters to TPTB about the incident in hopes of getting the actor fired, or tweeting the actor back saying he should be fired for that..... It's just ridiculous one way or another.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

i see no problem other cast members eat something sent from shipper couple
even the so call Enemy like when KA ate what carbo fan sent
i did not got mad on GG Doing thumps down in past on the cake was sent by lumi fans at all

i do see problem when you sent something to 2 people that could share and yet only one of them take it share with rest of cast before the second person it was sent it did not even see it that something i consider uncalled thing to do
Edited by Partnersincrime, Mar 8 2013, 09:52 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

The fans blow things out of proportion, but I don't think the actors are always blameless. IMO, CC directly contributed to the KA drama. Other actors who do unprofessional things like air their dirty laundry in interviews share a lot of the blame as well.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Brewster
Member Avatar

six
Mar 8 2013, 09:57 AM
The fans blow things out of proportion, but I don't think the actors are always blameless. IMO, CC directly contributed to the KA drama. Other actors who do unprofessional things like air their dirty laundry in interviews share a lot of the blame as well.
I wish actors would leave their dirty laundry in the hamper. Such is the age of social media I guess though. I know I've read interviews before where an actor will very obviously take a jab at another actor and it rubs be the wrong way. I generally choose to not give that any attention though. I show support for the ones I like and ignore the ones I don't.

As long I like the character/acting though, I can let most anything the actor does slide. With a few exceptions. But none of those people are soap people.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sariah
Member Avatar

six
Mar 8 2013, 07:17 AM
Matt
Supergirlx2
Matt
Exactly. Looking at it in context made it clear that KA wasn't just innocently sharing photos of herself munching on a cupcake lol. That picture was probably the only semi worthwhile thing to come out of weeks of craziness.

And for those who missed twittergate, I believe Nelson started hinting that someone on set had gotten CC fired and that not many people in the cast liked this person etc. It was obvious that the person he was hinting at was KA. People lost it and started bashing her, calling her anorexic and other names. CC was happily tweeting while all this was going on and when people tried to get her to step in, she said something about free speech. A couple of days passed and then CC acted like she had no idea any of this had happened, and I think she and Kenny got into it and I want to say CC wrote a blog or gave an interview in which we learned that she was the victim, but I may have made that up. Anyway, we got the cupcake pic on the heels of all that, which was fitting in light of the accusations about KA starving herself.
I'm pretty sure Nelson blatantly came out and said that it was Kristian's fault, but then later deleted the tweet (but not after DR's took screenshots of it) and he called KA some choice names.

I too enjoyed KA's little jabs after the fact.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic