Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 3/4
Topic Started: Mar 4 2013, 07:47 AM (27,398 Views)
gailwinters
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Mar 10 2013, 09:12 AM
michr544125
Mar 10 2013, 06:44 AM
JamaicanBeauty7
Mar 10 2013, 04:25 AM
Supergirlx2
Mar 9 2013, 02:40 PM
nbcdays: RT @Ali_Sweeney #DAYS ;) thx!! i love her. RT @everj0sh: Sami is my favorite person ever @Ali_Sweeney
https://twitter.com/nbcdays/status/310472644128538624

was the retweet really necessary, Days??
Aww, that's cute.

Days has RTed similar tweets from fans loving certain characters/actors. It's not particular to AS, though it may feel that way here.
Right, it's not just Ejami tweets they RT. They also RT about Wilson all the time and others. Maybe the show just gets more positive tweets form Wilson and Ejami fans?
I've noticed that EJami fans and Wilson fans bring the happy and positive when they like what they see, and so I think the show wants to promote that. I know they are committed to Wilson, but the show has such a wild history of switching Sami pairings, I'll never be convinced they've settled on one. I'd also like to know if the twitter account is run in any consistent way or if it's just manned by some interns who like Ejami and Wilson and have been told to retweet the positive.
Sami may very well be in another pairing sometime down the road, but for right now, I do think they've settled on Sami and EJ. It seems to me that the RTs reflect the current story lines, so I think they will continue to RT positive Wilson, Rate, Dannifer, Bristen, and EJami tweets. I've seen a lot of RTs about Blake's performances too.

I don't expect them to ever RT negative feedback or complaints about story lines.
Edited by gailwinters, Mar 10 2013, 10:56 AM.
Online Profile Goto Top

rideordiechick

November 8, 1965 was DOOL first epi
I hope it can last til November 8, 2015 ,this show is sooo bad right now. Ej and sami doesnot make any sense, Jen and Dan no words, Eric and Nicole boring, the young crowd Nick and Will are the stars with no supporting cast, Vets are MIA, some non acting castmembers are being overused while powerhouse castmembers are backburned or has just DISappeared. The dialogue between characters is repetitive and....Stupid. Maybe newer viewers likes this but it slaps an oldtimer like me in the face.. ..I tell ya this is sad but this show is painful to watch. So I just dont!
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Honeybees
michr544125
JamaicanBeauty7
Supergirlx2
Mar 9 2013, 02:40 PM
nbcdays: RT @Ali_Sweeney #DAYS ;) thx!! i love her. RT @everj0sh: Sami is my favorite person ever @Ali_Sweeney

was the retweet really necessary, Days??
Aww, that's cute.

Days has RTed similar tweets from fans loving certain characters/actors. It's not particular to AS, though it may feel that way here.
Right, it's not just Ejami tweets they RT. They also RT about Wilson all the time and others. Maybe the show just gets more positive tweets form Wilson and Ejami fans?
I've noticed that EJami fans and Wilson fans bring the happy and positive when they like what they see, and so I think the show wants to promote that. I know they are committed to Wilson, but the show has such a wild history of switching Sami pairings, I'll never be convinced they've settled on one. I'd also like to know if the twitter account is run in any consistent way or if it's just manned by some interns who like Ejami and Wilson and have been told to retweet the positive.
All fans do this. They didn't start RTing fans like this until recently.
Offline Profile Goto Top

WillFan
Member Avatar

Chandler Massey■@ChandlerMassey
ô@Cueglobal what will you do to help end #violence against women? join @breakthrough and watch #RingTheBell http://ow.ly/iw81k ö
https://twitter.com/ChandlerMassey/status/310454261232312320
Offline Profile Goto Top

WillFan
Member Avatar

Liz■@vigoroftheyouth
I just have a feeling @chandlermassey and I would get along really well, nerding# out about theater! #theaternerdsunite

Chandler Massey■@ChandlerMassey
@vigoroftheyouth I think you're right :D #theaternerdsunite
https://twitter.com/ChandlerMassey/status/310501314218049538
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 10 2013, 11:18 AM
Honeybees
michr544125
JamaicanBeauty7

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepnbcdays: RT @Ali_Sweeney #DAYS ;) thx!! i love her. RT @everj0sh: Sami is my favorite person ever @Ali_Sweeney
All fans do this. They didn't start RTing fans like this until recently.
I'm well aware that all fans do this, but there seems to be a perception that the NBC account retweets the support for certain storylines more than others, and I thought the conversation we were having was about trying explain that. Since this is a recent phenomena, it would follow that there are some perceptions of bias.
Edited by Honeybees, Mar 10 2013, 12:42 PM.
Online Profile Goto Top

granolagirl
Member Avatar

I think they are biased toward pablum.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

I have yet to see the nbcdays twitter retweet anything about John, Marlena, or Hope, and even the Rate-related ones have been few & far between. I can't recall if they've RT anything about Nicole/Eric.
It seems like even when they retweet something that's just "Can't wait for today's show" or "loving #Days right now" there's almost always an #EJami hashtag present.
Online Profile Goto Top

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Mar 10 2013, 01:10 PM
I have yet to see the nbcdays twitter retweet anything about John, Marlena, or Hope, and even the Rate-related ones have been few & far between. I can't recall if they've RT anything about Nicole/Eric.
It seems like even when they retweet something that's just "Can't wait for today's show" or "loving #Days right now" there's almost always an #EJami hashtag present.
Out of the hundreds of Ejami tweets I send they RT one of mine that said Nicole had great dialogue. I think they are only going to RT positive tweets and one relevant to what's going on.
Edited by Halloween Family, Mar 10 2013, 01:18 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

I am curious if the person running their twitter just likes certain storylines and pairings, whether that person has been told to highlight certain storylines or whether they just look for positive retweets and things like #ejami and #wilson have a large online presence and are also have had recent scenes that please their hardcore fans.

I certainly don't blame Days for wanting to highlight positive tweets via their own twitter account. It would be funny if they ironically retweeted some bad ones. The presence of the character Anne indicates to me that they know that Jennifer can be sanctimonious and annoying, so they could have some fun with social media on that front. But I think they are under orders to be positive.
Edited by Honeybees, Mar 10 2013, 01:29 PM.
Online Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

The reason people think @nbcdays is slanted is because they are. A good 50% of their tweets and RT's mention Sami, EJ, or EJami. That is not proportional to the storylines going on at the moment.

Heck, even though it's supposedly "the month of Brady Black", they've barely tweeted squat about him.
Edited by blueskies, Mar 10 2013, 01:39 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Frankly they retweet far more about Ejami than they do about any other pairing. If you check out their timeline it's plain as day and as someone said up thread even when the tweet is about something else, it's usually from someone that included the Ejami hashtag in the tweet, or they have an Ejami button in their avi...whatever....if they gave equal representation to ALL couples, then it wouldn't be that noticeable....
Online Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Mar 10 2013, 01:29 PM
I am curious if the person running their twitter just likes certain storylines and pairings, whether that person has been told to highlight certain storylines or whether they just look for positive retweets and things like #ejami and #wilson have a large online presence and are also have had recent scenes that please their hardcore fans.
I'm guessing they've been told what to promote. The old twitter person seemed to have more free reign and definitely more casual interaction with the fans. The new one seems to mostly just RT and promote the show and certain storylines.

It's pretty obvious that the show is promoting Ejami and Wilson online the most. From the Days Facebook to twitter to NBC.com, those two couples are definitely getting a big push. And I think due to the type of couples they are, they draw a large internet following, so it makes sense they're using online avenues to promote them. When you look at more traditional promotion (the soap rags and weekly TV previews), they are more balanced in highlighting different storylines.
Edited by tomsawyer, Mar 10 2013, 01:45 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

granolagirl
Member Avatar

I think they're trolling us now.

RT @j0sephmoses e.j is so in love with sami god its so cute #dool
https://twitter.com/nbcdays/status/310823690591944704
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

^^I was just about to say that....it's way to obvious what they are trying to do...that tweet didn't even have the #Days hashtag, it had the DOOL one and it didn't include the nbcdays twitter handle at all..
Online Profile Goto Top

outrageous
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Mar 10 2013, 01:42 PM
Frankly they retweet far more about Ejami than they do about any other pairing. If you check out their timeline it's plain as day and as someone said up thread even when the tweet is about something else, it's usually from someone that included the Ejami hashtag in the tweet, or they have an Ejami button in their avi...whatever....if they gave equal representation to ALL couples, then it wouldn't be that noticeable....
It makes sense that at the moment they're retweeting about Ejami since it's currently the couple in the spotlight. They were doing the same with Safe for years while they were in the spotlight and pretty much ignoring Ejami altogether. It's just now that Ejami is getting any positive attention from TPTB after almost seven years, in spite of the big following they'd had all along. I guess they're making up for lost time lol.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

They've been tweeting Ejami almost nonstop for months now. Even before Sami and EJ got back together, even before Sami and Rafe had their falling out.

Sure, the NBC twitter has tweeted a few couples in between but it's mostly been EJAMI for a long time now. If I recall correctly, even the Valentines Romantic quotes thing they did featured nothing but Santo and Colleen (EJAMI the Prequel) quotes. \

It's nice for fans of the couple, but there are other types of fans on twitter that would like to see a character or couple spotlighted from time to time.
Edited by Panda Panda, Mar 10 2013, 02:02 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

outrageous
Mar 10 2013, 01:53 PM
LuvingLumi
Mar 10 2013, 01:42 PM
It makes sense that at the moment they're retweeting about Ejami since it's currently the couple in the spotlight. They were doing the same with Safe for years while they were in the spotlight and pretty much ignoring Ejami altogether. It's just now that Ejami is getting any positive attention from TPTB after almost seven years, in spite of the big following they'd had all along. I guess they're making up for lost time lol.
It doesn't make sense because it's not even the couple getting the most airtime at the moment, that would be Dannifer and Wilson is still in enough story to get a considerable more amounts of retweets that Ejami is. If you put it out there...for every one Dannifer retweet by NBCDays there are 5 Ejami ones and this has been happening since about late January. Ericole is getting some good angsty writing and people are tweeting positive stuff about them but somehow they can't even get more than one retweet on a day that Ericole was featured heavily with fantasies and muggings and other stuff....and no they weren't doing the same for years with Safe...they weren't retweeting about much of anything back then when they were on and the only thing we got were tweets from AS and GG....maybe some SOD articles...but nothing from the Days handle....
Online Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Mar 10 2013, 01:10 PM
even when nothing about them in the tweet or that epiosde they tweet about

and they done in past too even safe was the story than so it nothing about promoting air days now
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Panda Panda
Mar 10 2013, 01:59 PM
They've been tweeting Ejami almost nonstop for months now. Even before Sami and EJ got back together, even before Sami and Rafe had their falling out.

Sure, the NBC twitter has tweeted a few couples in between but it's mostly been EJAMI for a long time now.
and it's why many fans decided not to follow them anymore, it's way to bias.
Online Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic