Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 3/4
Topic Started: Mar 4 2013, 07:47 AM (27,812 Views)
DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Look what happens when they don't tweet about EJami. Sweeney lets them hear it and lets them know that she was on that day too!

Lol I really don't care about this one way or the other, that twitter account is basically useless. That person running it probably has absolutely no idea what's going on with the show and someone might tell them, "Hey tweet more EJami." "Mention Dannifer today." but they don't seem to actually interact with the fans at all. They do spotlight other people, but its about 80% EJami. The only options really are Rate, EJami, Bristen, Dannifer, and Wilson so I don't really care what they do. There aren't many options. Ericole don't really exist yet, but I wish they got more attention. They aren't going to tweet about John and Marlena because they're not together. They spotlight random things like Nancy the other day and they had a link to a Tumblr post about the DiMeras, it had a meme of Kristen's conversation with EJ.

My only problem is they should be more interactive or they should get someone who actually watches the show to run it.
Edited by DiMeraFan67, Mar 10 2013, 02:16 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

michr544125

LuvingLumi
Mar 10 2013, 02:02 PM
Panda Panda
Mar 10 2013, 01:59 PM
They've been tweeting Ejami almost nonstop for months now. Even before Sami and EJ got back together, even before Sami and Rafe had their falling out.

Sure, the NBC twitter has tweeted a few couples in between but it's mostly been EJAMI for a long time now.
and it's why many fans decided not to follow them anymore, it's way to bias.
I do agree the majority of their tweets are Ejami related. And it seems the more people complain the more the person keeps doing it. It's obvious this person (s) reads this board and is now just trying to get a reaction :lol: . It seems the person has it out for certain fans also. They seem to RT the same people over and over again. Anybody that is ever critical of the show will never got acknowledged. It's like they have a list of the people they will never RT. I'm on that so called list. I've made a lot of positive tweets about Wilson and others but I am also very critical at times and IMO justifiably so. Until I see Wilson being treated on equal level as other couples in the romance I will continue to be critical at times. I don't kiss anybody's ass and I don't wear rose colored glasses. So unless you are a fan like that don't expect an RT.
Edited by michr544125, Mar 10 2013, 02:33 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

granolagirl
Member Avatar
Not here for St. Jack of the Immaculate Redemption

Was it at Valentine's Day they sent out a tweet with the #EMAJI hashtag several times? LOL. It was pretty clear they were testing the couples' popularity on twitter then. Nabi, Dannifer, and Bristen were the other couples, and they all were leagues behind Ejami and Wilson by that measure.
Online Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

michr544125
Mar 10 2013, 02:27 PM
LuvingLumi
Mar 10 2013, 02:02 PM
Panda Panda
Mar 10 2013, 01:59 PM
They've been tweeting Ejami almost nonstop for months now. Even before Sami and EJ got back together, even before Sami and Rafe had their falling out.

Sure, the NBC twitter has tweeted a few couples in between but it's mostly been EJAMI for a long time now.
and it's why many fans decided not to follow them anymore, it's way to bias.
I do agree the majority of their tweets are Ejami related. And it seems the more people complain the more the person keeps doing it. It's obvious this person (s) reads this board and is now just trying to get a reaction :lol: . It seems the person has it out for certain fans also. They seem to RT the same people over and over again. Anybody that is ever critical of the show will never got acknowledged. It's like they have a list of the people they will never RT. I'm on that so called list. I've made a lot of positive tweets about Wilson and others but I am also very critical at times and IMO justifiably so. Until I see Wilson being treated on equal level as other couples in the romance I will continue to be critical at times. I don't kiss anybody's ass and I don't wear rose colored glasses. So unless you are a fan like that don't expect an RT.
so that's why they don't retweet me, lol. I say lots of good things about Brady/Kristen/Eric/Nicole/Chloe/Nancy/Ann/Hope/Sonny/Will, but lots of bad stuff about Dan/Jen/Sami/EJ, lol. I wouldn't doubt I'm on their "ignore" list.

If we could get enough people to unfollow them, say for a week, maybe they'd take notice that they need to be more balanced in their approach.
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

Ok, so Days tweet a lot about Ejami, Bristen, Wilson no wonder at all that's pairs the show run with right now it's just their job to the promote what is on screen.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

There is promoting and there over promoting
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Partnersincrime
Mar 10 2013, 03:15 PM
There is promoting and there over promoting
agreed. No one's saying that the Days twitter shouldn't retweet pro-EJami tweets, or general tweets from EJami fans, people are just looking for balance.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

My 2 cents: It's not about fairness, it's about promotion. What they do on twitter is a reflection of what they are promoting on the show at the moment. Wilson, ejami, dannifer-poly tweeets, for example, will get RTed more because these are the couples they are promoting. I don't expect them to RT ejole, safe or even danloe poly tweets because it's not who they are promoting AND it clashes with what they are promoting. Do I think Days only RTs ejami- esque tweets? No. Do I think they do it a bit more than the others? Probably, but not as disproportionately as some think. Regardless of how heavily they are promoting them compared to others, IMO, it's an indicator they have decided to make ejami the "it" couple. I've noticed they have promoted ejami since the summer and featured them on Valentine's Day on the show and on twitter. So, it wouldn't surprise me if 6 months-1 year from now, they are still together. That's my surmise from what I see. I'd feel the same way if they did this for other couples. For example, I feel similarly about Dannifer. Will it last? Who knows. Even if I'm right and they are in their longterm plans, things may change in the future, even things no one sees coming, and they have to adjust accordingly. Plus, couples break up eventually and new couples form, that's the name of the game on soaps. At the end of the day, what Days tweets and RTs is a good indicator of what the show is promoting.
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Mar 10 2013, 03:29 PM
My 2 cents: It's not about fairness, it's about promotion. What they do on twitter is a reflection of what they are promoting on the show at the moment. Wilson, ejami, dannifer-poly tweeets, for example, will get RTed more because these are the couples they are promoting. I don't expect them to RT ejole, safe or even danloe poly tweets because it's not who they are promoting AND it clashes with what they are promoting. Do I think Days only RTs ejami- esque tweets? No. Do I think they do it a bit more than the others? Probably, but not as disproportionately as some think. Regardless of how heavily they are promoting them compared to others, IMO, it's an indicator they have decided to make ejami the "it" couple. I've noticed they have promoted ejami since the summer and featured them on Valentine's Day on the show and on twitter. So, it wouldn't surprise me if 6 months-1 year from now, they are still together. That's my surmise from what I see. I'd feel the same way if they did this for other couples. For example, I feel similarly about Dannifer. Will it last? Who knows. Even if I'm right and they are in their longterm plans, things may change in the future, even things no one sees coming, and they have to adjust accordingly. Plus, couples break up eventually and new couples form, that's the name of the game on soaps. At the end of the day, what Days tweets and RTs is a good indicator of what the show is promoting.
Yep, you said it perfectly :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

michr544125

Kate Mansi ‏@KateMansi Camila-bila and I on our way to an exciting fitting for an event we're so excited to participate in this… http://instagr.am/p/Wr-BPpQlYH/
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

There's really no defense for it. Yeah, ejami is on right now. So? There are other characters, couples, and stories and they only seem to be aware if about two and half. They weren't retweeting the couples that were on a few months ago. They've just started doing this. I was repeatedly told that they were just giving special attention to Sami and Ejami last month because it was her month. Well obviously that was a load of crap. They can promote the show without promoting only certain couples. This type of promotion might be good for the people who aren't parts of regular days discussion, but the rest of read this crap all the time and it's just tiring and repetitive reading it from them now too.
Offline Profile Goto Top

granolagirl
Member Avatar
Not here for St. Jack of the Immaculate Redemption

I think they are missing the point of social media tools -- they are useful because you can engage with the audience. By choosing a few narrow things to promote, it doesn't feel like they are doing that.
Online Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

They also need to work on their lame fill in the blank game.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

lysie
Mar 10 2013, 04:03 PM
There's really no defense for it. Yeah, ejami is on right now. So? There are other characters, couples, and stories and they only seem to be aware if about two and half. They weren't retweeting the couples that were on a few months ago. They've just started doing this. I was repeatedly told that they were just giving special attention to Sami and Ejami last month because it was her month. Well obviously that was a load of crap. They can promote the show without promoting only certain couples. This type of promotion might be good for the people who aren't parts of regular days discussion, but the rest of read this crap all the time and it's just tiring and repetitive reading it from them now too.
I don't have a problem with them promoting EJami, since they are popular. I just have a problem with them acting like EJami is the only popular pairing on the show. EJami is great. So is Wilson. But what about other new couples?

For example, if you go by this board and twitter, Eric/Nicole have as much support (maybe more) than Wilson. Yet, nary a peep about them. You would think they would want to run with the groundswell of support for Ericole, since it's spontaneous fan support, but....nothing. A few tweets
about GV/AZ like 3 weeks ago, but since then nothing. I don't get it. They are popular! They get rave reviews for their scenes! People enjoy this pairing! Yet...nothing?

Like I said, I get them promoting EJami and Wilson...but I do not get them ignoring other popular couples, too. Balance is the key.
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

:lol:

They're obviously watching our thread,

Days of our Lives ‏@nbcdays
RT @LisaAnneGA @nbcdays I adore Nancy!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Mar 10 2013, 04:16 PM
lysie
Mar 10 2013, 04:03 PM
I don't have a problem with them promoting EJami, since they are popular. I just have a problem with them acting like EJami is the only popular pairing on the show. EJami is great. So is Wilson. But what about other new couples?

For example, if you go by this board and twitter, Eric/Nicole have as much support (maybe more) than Wilson. Yet, nary a peep about them. You would think they would want to run with the groundswell of support for Ericole, since it's spontaneous fan support, but....nothing. A few tweets
about GV/AZ like 3 weeks ago, but since then nothing. I don't get it. They are popular! They get rave reviews for their scenes! People enjoy this pairing! Yet...nothing?

Like I said, I get them promoting EJami and Wilson...but I do not get them ignoring other popular couples, too. Balance is the key.
i'm starting to think the @nbcdays tweeter isn't an intern at all, it's Alison Sweeney.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

At the very least, I wish they'd RT stuff that's more interesting. The steady stream of I love this and I love that is boring. They could stay positive and RT tweets that are a little meatier.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 10 2013, 04:13 PM
lol, I hate that so much. Everytime I see it on Facebook I shudder with annoyance.

I would love if the NBC twitter(and Facebook) page actually tweeted fun stuff like character facts, favorite quotes, or favorite storylines from over the years instead of constantly retweeting "I love____", and "____ Is so great!"

I follow fan twitters that are 1000x more interesting than the official twitter. The official twitter is failing on pretty much every level.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Mar 10 2013, 04:29 PM
lysie
lol, I hate that so much. Everytime I see it on Facebook I shudder with annoyance.

I would love if the NBC twitter(and Facebook) page actually tweeted fun stuff like character facts, favorite quotes, or favorite storylines from over the years instead of constantly retweeting "I love____", and "____ Is so great!"

I follow fan twitters that are 1000x more interesting than the official twitter. The official twitter is failing on pretty much every level.
They don't RT or tweet "I love (insert character or couple here)" all the time. They actually do tweet an interesting quote or scene from the episode and do the same on facebook and tumblr.

I also follow fan twitters and while I think they are more interesting, I believe it's partly because they make fun of/diss certain aspects of the show. I don't expect that from Days anytime soon, let alone in that capacity.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Mar 10 2013, 04:39 PM
Panda Panda
Mar 10 2013, 04:29 PM
lysie

They don't RT or tweet "I love (insert character or couple here)" all the time. They actually do tweet an interesting quote or scene from the episode and do the same on facebook and tumblr.

I also follow fan twitters and while I think they are more interesting, I believe it's partly because they make fun of/diss certain aspects of the show. I don't expect that from Days anytime soon, let alone in that capacity.
You're right. They're perfect.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic