Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 3/4
Topic Started: Mar 4 2013, 07:47 AM (27,025 Views)
JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

lysie
Mar 10 2013, 04:40 PM
JamaicanBeauty7
Mar 10 2013, 04:39 PM
Panda Panda
Mar 10 2013, 04:29 PM
lysie
Mar 10 2013, 04:13 PM
They also need to work on their lame fill in the blank game.
lol, I hate that so much. Everytime I see it on Facebook I shudder with annoyance.

I would love if the NBC twitter(and Facebook) page actually tweeted fun stuff like character facts, favorite quotes, or favorite storylines from over the years instead of constantly retweeting "I love____", and "____ Is so great!"

I follow fan twitters that are 1000x more interesting than the official twitter. The official twitter is failing on pretty much every level.
They don't RT or tweet "I love (insert character or couple here)" all the time. They actually do tweet an interesting quote or scene from the episode and do the same on facebook and tumblr.

I also follow fan twitters and while I think they are more interesting, I believe it's partly because they make fun of/diss certain aspects of the show. I don't expect that from Days anytime soon, let alone in that capacity.
You're right. They're perfect.
Oh, Lysie. :laugh:

I just don't think what Days is doing is as extreme as what others believe.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Mar 10 2013, 04:49 PM
lysie
JamaicanBeauty7
Panda Panda
Mar 10 2013, 04:29 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
They don't RT or tweet "I love (insert character or couple here)" all the time. They actually do tweet an interesting quote or scene from the episode and do the same on facebook and tumblr.

I also follow fan twitters and while I think they are more interesting, I believe it's partly because they make fun of/diss certain aspects of the show. I don't expect that from Days anytime soon, let alone in that capacity.

Go through them and change the couples to the couples who were being featured last year. And again, a major part of the problem is how couple focused they are in the first place.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I love working with Kristian. She's wonderful and fantastic." ~ DC

lysie
Mar 10 2013, 04:56 PM
JamaicanBeauty7
Mar 10 2013, 04:49 PM
lysie
JamaicanBeauty7

Go through them and change the couples to the couples who were being featured last year. And again, a major part of the problem is how couple focused they are in the first place.
agreed. are there any stories that aren't couple-centered?
Remember when Days had stories like Jack & Jen running around chasing leads, and Bo & Hope as bounty hunters trying to take down drug dealers, or Sami & Nicole teaming up to take down Eugenia & Kate.
Offline Profile Goto Top

aimees76
Member Avatar

If every ejami tweet was a Safe or Lumi tweet, this board would explode and nbcdays handle would be the devil. I mean, come on.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

cord08
Mar 5 2013, 09:18 PM
@DeidreHall: I have 8 days off, but sure had fun on Monday! Finally had scenes with Peggy!!! (picture)

@DeidreHall: And, of course, da boys! (picture)

Eight days off? And what the heck kind of a story does she have coming up with JT? It seems like he's in all her pictures lately.
I think their scenes are about one of the kids. Maybe Eric got injured (thus the physical therapist and GV sharing scenes with Shawn Christian lately).

DH is a very perceptive woman. She knows who her fans want her paired with. And it ain't JT or any other man. The DH/DH banner she put up on her Facebook page is awesome. That was a great photoshoot.

Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

yes! my favorite part of #Days twitter looks like it's coming back :)

Drake Hogestyn ‏@DrakeHogestyn
Hey Doc, @DeidreHall...where are you? #broken heart.
Offline Profile Goto Top

chinkybig

#broken heart? :( Oh no, if I read too much into it, it doesn't look good for my money couple. UGH...
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Y'all. She unfollowed him. That's what it's about.
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

gailwinters
Mar 10 2013, 10:44 AM
I don't expect them to ever RT negative feedback or complaints about story lines.
That's a given, and I wouldn't expect otherwise. But they also don't RT any positive tweets relating to characters or couples not currently on-screen, and that leaves a lot of fans out. I understand the frustration and disappointment. Obviously they want to promote what's currently on screen, I get that... but this show is also a show of history, so the lack of acknowledgement towards those tweets tends to be frustrating.

And while I've seen support tweets regarding Will and Sonny, Rafe and Kate & Daniel and Jennifer, the majority being sent out by that handle (from my experience) has revolved around EJami, Sami, EJ, Ali or James. That pairing is clearly not my favorite, but I understand that plenty of people like them. I'm not saying "stop tweeting about them", in fact I'd find it problematic if no support tweets were being sent out at all. I just find it incredibly annoying that their tweets focus on this pairing more than anything else. There's a clear bias there - if the Santeen Valentine's Day tweets don't show that, I don't know what does... and it's a bias that has led me, and other fans to click the unfollow button.

I'm sure the fanbases that this handle caters to enjoy the attention and support (frankly I don't blame them), but this account's failure to be more all-encompassing is a huge problem. Soap fans are diverse, and this handle should be more receptive to that.
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 10 2013, 10:42 PM
what?? seriously?? :shrug:

okay, not anywhere near as cool a tweet as i originally thought.
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

outrageous
Mar 10 2013, 01:53 PM
LuvingLumi
Mar 10 2013, 01:42 PM
Frankly they retweet far more about Ejami than they do about any other pairing. If you check out their timeline it's plain as day and as someone said up thread even when the tweet is about something else, it's usually from someone that included the Ejami hashtag in the tweet, or they have an Ejami button in their avi...whatever....if they gave equal representation to ALL couples, then it wouldn't be that noticeable....
It makes sense that at the moment they're retweeting about Ejami since it's currently the couple in the spotlight.
It's currently the couple in the spotlight? Last time I checked, there is more than EJ and Sami on this show. What about Eric and Nicole? They're getting the same airtime, if not more than EJ and Sami, yet there's hardly any focus on those two when it comes to @nbcdays' tweets. Why? I've seen plenty of support tweets being sent out with the #DAYS hashtag, and directly to the handle.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

blueskies
Mar 10 2013, 10:47 PM
lysie

She's not very twitter savvy so I doubt it's anything to read into, but I'm pretty sure that's what he's referring to.
Offline Profile Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

lysie
Could it be the result of Twitter's unfollow glitch that makes some Twitter accounts randomly unfollow other users?

Offline Profile Goto Top

outrageous
Member Avatar

NocturnalBlondie
Mar 10 2013, 10:52 PM
outrageous
LuvingLumi
Frankly they retweet far more about Ejami than they do about any other pairing. If you check out their timeline it's plain as day and as someone said up thread even when the tweet is about something else, it's usually from someone that included the Ejami hashtag in the tweet, or they have an Ejami button in their avi...whatever....if they gave equal representation to ALL couples, then it wouldn't be that noticeable....
It makes sense that at the moment they're retweeting about Ejami since it's currently the couple in the spotlight.
It's currently the couple in the spotlight? Last time I checked, there is more than EJ and Sami on this show. What about Eric and Nicole? They're getting the same airtime, if not more than EJ and Sami, yet there's hardly any focus on those two when it comes to @nbcdays' tweets. Why? I've seen plenty of support tweets being sent out with the #DAYS hashtag, and directly to the handle.
Absolutely, it doesn't make other couples more interesting, but at the moment they're promoting Ejami. I would say they need the promotion after almost seven years of intense efforts in destroying both characters and any chance of them becoming a real couple. With all the promotion, I still don't believe them entirely when they say that this time things would be different.
Offline Profile Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

The promotion is detrimental when it causes fans to unfollow in disgust, such as when they specifically asked everyone to send in romantic couple quotes, then ignored hundreds of quotes from other fanbases to retweet one couple exclusively.
Edited by TreasureCove, Mar 10 2013, 11:19 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

outrageous
Mar 10 2013, 11:12 PM
NocturnalBlondie
outrageous
LuvingLumi
Absolutely, it doesn't make other couples more interesting, but at the moment they're promoting Ejami. I would say they need the promotion after almost seven years of intense efforts in destroying both characters and any chance of them becoming a real couple. With all the promotion, I still don't believe them entirely when they say that this time things would be different.
I call BS on the whole thing, there was no concerted effort to destroy these characters. Ej and sami were toxic towards one another from the get go and it didn't play any other way. So I don't believe they have anything to make up. I saw what I saw and will not change my mind despite the obvious bias. There are other characters in relationships or in the process of being in one and we don't see the promoted like this. Days is an ensemble show but NOT according to that twitter handle. This may have a direct relation to the ratings fluctuating as severely as they have over the last few months. They are not promoting days but wrongly promoting one couple over every other that is on the show currently. To me this is wrong.
Edited by Laufeyson, Mar 10 2013, 11:24 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

outrageous
Member Avatar

Laufeyson
Mar 10 2013, 11:22 PM
outrageous
NocturnalBlondie
outrageous

I call BS on the whole thing, there was no concerted effort to destroy these characters Ej and sami were toxic towards one another from the get go and it didn't play any other way. So I don't believe they have anything to make up I saw what I saw and will not change my mind despite the obvious bias. There are other characters in relationships or in the process of being in one and we don't see the promoted like this. Days is an ensemble show but NOT according to that twitter handle. This may have a direct relation to the ratings fluctuating as severely as they have over the last few months. They are not promoting days but wrongly promoting one couple over every other that is on the show currently. To me this is wrong.
Well, I can relate. I practically gagged for four years of heavy promotion of Safe on every media channel possible, not to mention by every character on the show. They even took the joy out of the return of many beloved characters such as Anna, Caliope and Shane - Shane in particular. So yeah, I can relate.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

outrageous
Mar 10 2013, 11:26 PM
Laufeyson
Mar 10 2013, 11:22 PM
outrageous
NocturnalBlondie

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepthe couple in the spotlight? Last time I checked, there is more than EJ and Sami on this show. What about Eric and Nicole? They're getting the same airtime, if not more than EJ and Sami, yet there's hardly any focus on those two when it comes to @nbcdays' tweets. Why? I've seen plenty of support tweets being sent out with the #DAYS hashtag, and directly to the handle.
I call BS on the whole thing, there was no concerted effort to destroy these characters Ej and sami were toxic towards one another from the get go and it didn't play any other way. So I don't believe they have anything to make up I saw what I saw and will not change my mind despite the obvious bias. There are other characters in relationships or in the process of being in one and we don't see the promoted like this. Days is an ensemble show but NOT according to that twitter handle. This may have a direct relation to the ratings fluctuating as severely as they have over the last few months. They are not promoting days but wrongly promoting one couple over every other that is on the show currently. To me this is wrong.
Well, I can relate. I practically gagged for four years of heavy promotion of Safe on every media channel possible, not to mention by every character on the show. They even took the joy out of the return of many beloved characters such as Anna, Caliope and Shane - Shane in particular. So yeah, I can relate.
This is true and pretty much proves my point that if you switch the names to the couples from last year, the defense and offense would have swapped. The only difference for me is that this is every day and not just once a week in a magazine or promo. Both kinds of promotion are annoying. I find this more annoying because it's daily. And repeated throughout the day and I'd find it annoying no matter who they were promoting. And before anyone tries to shut me up, yes. I'd find it annoying if they were non stop promoting John and Marlena. If I wanted non stop John/Marlena love, I'd go follow all their fans.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

lysie
Mar 10 2013, 10:58 PM
blueskies
Mar 10 2013, 10:47 PM
lysie

She's not very twitter savvy so I doubt it's anything to read into, but I'm pretty sure that's what he's referring to.
I really don't care who follows who on twitter....as long as their characters are paired. Now if they start pimping new pairings? That will make me outraged.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

Just read on soaps.com that Nadia's last airdate is April 20th. She doesn't even make it to May sweeps.
Edited by AFaithL, Mar 11 2013, 12:15 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic