Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Richard Simmons Back To GH!
Topic Started: Mar 4 2013, 04:24 PM (896 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

Richard Simmons Back To GH!

By SOD Posted: Mar 4, 2013

Fitness and weight loss guru Richard Simmons, who played himself on GH from 1979-83 is returning to the show for its 50th anniversary celebration. Expect his singular 'personality to add pep to two episodes.

SOD Web

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

And this is why Ron Carlivati sucks with anniversaries.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Actually, RC is really kicking ass with this one, IMO. And whether you want to admit it or not, RS was a FIXTURE during GH's most popular & higest rated years. IMO, a 2 day guest stint is a really nice nod to another aspect of GH's "glory years".
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

I agree with Matt. RS was a fixture during those glory years and it always mentioned as a part of pop culture. Nothing wrong with being there a couple of days on an anniversary run.

Also think RC has been doing a great job with this anniversary. We are seeing a bunch of vets back in stories that actually fit with the overall show. Plots are not affected by trying to find reasons to bring back a returning vet.

lilkatie24

Yea when I told my mom about Richard Simmons she just smiled this huge smile and laughed about how much she loved when he would show up on the show and it made her want to exercise since most of the women on the show would take his exercise class at the hospital (she's in her late 50's)

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I had no idea Simmons was an actual part of GH for four years. When I heard about this casting news, I was confused.

Now, I get it. Score another one for Carlivati/Valentini!
Edited by DrewHamilton, Mar 4 2013, 10:33 PM.

tylerbo20

He should write for days

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

tylerbo20
Mar 5 2013, 10:52 AM
He should write for days
I thought the same thing for awhile but I'm not so sure anymore. DAYS is in comparatively good shape right now. Credit where it's due, though - CarTini have done much more good than bad for GH. One thing they can't be accused of is not being properly schooled in GH history.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Matt
Mar 4 2013, 05:39 PM
Actually, RC is really kicking ass with this one, IMO. And whether you want to admit it or not, RS was a FIXTURE during GH's most popular & higest rated years. IMO, a 2 day guest stint is a really nice nod to another aspect of GH's "glory years".
Co-signing this. Don't see a problem with it at all.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Drew
Mar 4 2013, 04:53 PM
And this is why Ron Carlivati sucks with anniversaries.
I know all about Simmons being part of GH years ago. I was a regular viewer back then and think having him back makes sense, especially with Laura's return. But this deadpan response to the news still made me laugh out loud.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

i met him and got a picture with him at an It Get's Better event in LA. He's so tiny. My friend and I towered over him.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Posted Image

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Ugh, I hate Jeff and Jordan. Please tell me they're not going to start invading ABC now. Stay at CBS!

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

No, they aren't coming on. That's just a pic Jordan posted earlier and it shows what Richard has been looking like lately.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Thank God!

dragonflies
Member Avatar

Quote:

well said! and it's only for two episodes, not like he'll take anything away from anyone being on for two eppy's :mellow:

LPS
Member Avatar

Ahhhh......how can anyone hate Richard?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply