Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Tuesday, March 5th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Mar 5 2013, 09:58 AM (13,639 Views)
esp13
Member Avatar

michelle
Mar 6 2013, 12:48 PM
esp13
Mar 6 2013, 12:21 PM
six
Mar 6 2013, 11:34 AM
lysie
Mar 6 2013, 11:30 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepbecause EJ hasn't ever done anything to either one of them.
I'll wait while you name the things he did directly to them.
Okay, I'll play. Let's see. EJ tampered with the plane that John and Marlena were in when they went to get the antidote to the biotoxin that Kayla needed (which she wouldn't have needed if he had biotoxined her), causing Marlena to jump out of the plane and be rescued by Smokey Robinson (possibly his greatest sin). He also shot John, putting him in a coma, which directly affected Marlena.

There's also the embezzlement charges he framed John for which also directly affected Marlena. And he should have killed Belle when he had the chance which would have also directly affected Marlena. And that's just the stuff off the top of my head and doesn't include his participation in stuff his father was doing from time to time.
I thought she meant Roman, Sami's father, not John.
I know. But I don't buy that if EJ shoots John, it doesn't hurt/target Marlena as well.
Offline Profile Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

six
Mar 6 2013, 12:46 PM
esp13
Mar 6 2013, 12:36 PM
six
Mar 6 2013, 12:26 PM
esp13
Mar 6 2013, 12:21 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepbecause EJ hasn't ever done anything to either one of them.
I forgot about the plane, but that's the only thing that would count for this. I did bring up the other Hortons in my example for a reason, lol. Did EJ hurt Marlena when he hurt her family? Yes, but that is not relevant to the discussion, because Eric didn't require Nicole to apologize to everyone who got hurt in the fallout of her scheme, only to everyone who she targeted.
I guess I'm confused because I was responding to your statement that EJ never did anything to either of Sami's parents. He did lots of things to Marlena and I don't buy that just because John as shot, it doesn't count as hurting Marlena. Beyond that, I don't quite get the connection between Eric trying to help Nicole and Eric not liking EJ and/or not liking Sami with EJ.

Eric and Nicole have a history. Nicole was at a very low point when Eric arrived and while she may not have directly asked for his help, she accepted it. And she has shown genuine remorse for things she's done. None of those things apply to EJ or Kristen. More importantly, nothing that Nicole is doing now is directly affecting his family the way that EJ and Kristen are.

Nonetheless, I will concede that in a black/white world with no context, Eric is being a big ol' hypocrite. So be it. I'd rather have that then one more person fall at EJ's feet.

My point is that for all Eric knows, EJ may have done the same things Eric asked of Nicole - which was to apologize to the people she targeted. Marlena got hurt as a result of the things EJ did, but she was no more a target than Abby was of Nicole's lie about the baby.

And there are at least a few posts around here with me saying that I don't feel like Eric is doing the wrong thing, so I'm not looking for him to fall at EJ's feet, either.
LOL, but Eric does know that EJ has apologized to the people he's targeted, except for Sami. He would know that EJ has never apologized to John. I know John is only his step-father, but he still talks to him. Or his mother who I do believe has been a direct victim and target. Or, I don't know, Rafe. I'm pretty sure he knows that EJ has never apologized to Rafe. I find the idea that Eric simply has no idea of what's going on a little hard to believe when you are talking about (except for Rafe) his family. Just because we haven't seen it onscreen doesn't mean he doesn't know. Otherwise, there would be no reason for Eric to not like EJ in the first place.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

King
Mar 5 2013, 10:13 PM
GAWD, Eric is so unbearable and boring.
Posted Image

Love, Love .. this banner. ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

JamaicanBeauty7
Mar 5 2013, 10:22 PM
Ok, I actually have more time than I thought. I'm still :omg: over ejami sex scenes! I did NOT see that coming! Whoo, that was hot. Sami certainly does not have to seduce EJ to get what she wants from him but I don't mind it for several reasons.
1. The sex was HAWT!
2. She probably assumes that, because he has changed, she has to do some extra "convincing" to push him back to the dark side for her. Little did she know, EJ was already thinking of going back there.
3. The sex was HAWT!
4. I'm not sure Sami realizes how much power she has over EJ. He would ANYTHING for her, literally. No questions asked.
5. I knew Sami had that vixen side to her. I'm glad she finally let that surface. Moreover, go AS! She looked gorgeous! :hail:
6. The sex was HAWT!
7. THIS is the dynamic I want with ejami: both reveling in their darker sides and not being afraid to show it.

Did I mention it was HAWT? I'll say it just in case. ;)
LOL, you!

Well, .. lets hope this will turn into something I think every EJAMI fan have always wanted to see.

If something would happen to Nick,.. I wonder if everyone would make the connection to Sami and EJ. They would probably blame EJ for all that.

Whatever EJ will do.. which BTW What can he do, dealing with Nick?,.. I would have to be something that does scream the obvious.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

esp13
Mar 6 2013, 12:56 PM
six
esp13
six
Mar 6 2013, 12:26 PM

I guess I'm confused because I was responding to your statement that EJ never did anything to either of Sami's parents. He did lots of things to Marlena and I don't buy that just because John as shot, it doesn't count as hurting Marlena. Beyond that, I don't quite get the connection between Eric trying to help Nicole and Eric not liking EJ and/or not liking Sami with EJ.

Eric and Nicole have a history. Nicole was at a very low point when Eric arrived and while she may not have directly asked for his help, she accepted it. And she has shown genuine remorse for things she's done. None of those things apply to EJ or Kristen. More importantly, nothing that Nicole is doing now is directly affecting his family the way that EJ and Kristen are.

Nonetheless, I will concede that in a black/white world with no context, Eric is being a big ol' hypocrite. So be it. I'd rather have that then one more person fall at EJ's feet.

My point is that for all Eric knows, EJ may have done the same things Eric asked of Nicole - which was to apologize to the people she targeted. Marlena got hurt as a result of the things EJ did, but she was no more a target than Abby was of Nicole's lie about the baby.

And there are at least a few posts around here with me saying that I don't feel like Eric is doing the wrong thing, so I'm not looking for him to fall at EJ's feet, either.
LOL, but Eric does know that EJ has apologized to the people he's targeted, except for Sami. He would know that EJ has never apologized to John. I know John is only his step-father, but he still talks to him. Or his mother who I do believe has been a direct victim and target. Or, I don't know, Rafe. I'm pretty sure he knows that EJ has never apologized to Rafe. I find the idea that Eric simply has no idea of what's going on a little hard to believe when you are talking about (except for Rafe) his family. Just because we haven't seen it onscreen doesn't mean he doesn't know. Otherwise, there would be no reason for Eric to not like EJ in the first place.
I find it hard to believe that the Bradys sit around discussing whether or not EJ apologized. Plus, Eric only seems concerned with whether someone has apologized for their last crime, not things that took place years ago.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Mar 6 2013, 01:45 PM
esp13
six
esp13

I find it hard to believe that the Bradys sit around discussing whether or not EJ apologized. Plus, Eric only seems concerned with whether someone has apologized for their last crime, not things that took place years ago.
Well there's nothing to discuss. But if he had tried to make amends in anyway, it'd make sense for them to mention it. The comparison of the two is what I have an issue with. That's why I didn't want to go into listing things. There's no need to deflect from the fact that Eric's perspective on these things would and should be different.
Offline Profile Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 6 2013, 01:50 PM
six
esp13
six

Well there's nothing to discuss. But if he had tried to make amends in anyway, it'd make sense for them to mention it. The comparison of the two is what I have an issue with. That's why I didn't want to go into listing things. There's no need to deflect from the fact that Eric's perspective on these things would and should be different.
Yes, this. Given the history, if EJ had made a serious effort to make amends with the family, I can't imagine it would not have been mentioned at some point.
Offline Profile Goto Top

cockymom
Member Avatar

I love it, it's beautiful says Gabi. Bitch, it's a onesie! Get a grip!

Sorry! Wrong thread.
Edited by cockymom, Mar 6 2013, 02:00 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

lysie
six
esp13
six

I agree that his perspective wouldn't be the same, which ifs why I've kept saying that I understand why he doesn't like EJ. But I also don't think he has or has attempted to get any special insight on whether Sami is right when she says EJ has changed.
Edited by six, Mar 6 2013, 02:09 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

granolagirl
Member Avatar

Eric, Caroline's Alzheimers, and her weird forgiveness of EJ is like an IKEA kit of a joke. It should all fit together but damned if I can make it work.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

six
Mar 6 2013, 02:08 PM
lysie
six
esp13

I agree that his perspective wouldn't be the same, which ifs why I've kept saying that I understand why he doesn't like EJ. But I also don't think he has or has attempted to get any special insight on whether Sami is right when she says EJ has changed.
She has told everyone that EJ has changed several times over the years and has never been right.

Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Angie79
Mar 6 2013, 02:35 PM
six
lysie
six

She has told everyone that EJ has changed several times over the years and has never been right.

I only remember that happening in 2010. Nobody really seemed to care whether she and EJ ended up together in 2008. But anyway, Eric's whole mantra is that anyone can change at any point, no matter whether they've failed in the past.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

I have to say, .. I loved Kristens leather jacket.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Angie79
Mar 6 2013, 02:35 PM
six
lysie
six

She's told everyone that she has changed several times over the years and she's never been right about that either.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic