Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Marcil and Rademacher Return to GH! (Updated)
Topic Started: Mar 5 2013, 06:57 PM (2,611 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

'General Hospital' brings back Brenda and Jax

More exciting news from General Hospital as it continues to celebrate its 50th anniversary on ABC.

EW has learned exclusively that Ingo Rademacher and Vanessa Marcil will reprise their roles as Jax and Brenda. GH is staying mum about their actual return date but word is itll occur sometime before April 1.

And heres some even better news: They are expected to stay for more than a few weeks. The famous love triangle of Jax, Brenda and Sonny (Maurice Benard) will be reunited!

Rademacher and Marcil are among many alums who have returned to help celebrate the soaps milestone. Other faves who have returned home to Port Charles this season are Genie Francis, Kin Shriner, Rick Springfield, and yes even Richard Simmons.

Rademacher first joined the soap in 1996 before leaving in 2011. (He took time out in 2000 to appear in the short-lived primetime soap Titans). Marcil created the role of Brenda in 1992. After an eight-year absence from the show that made her a household name, she returned to GH for a year from 2010-11.

Rademacher is getting a lot of love from ABC these days. He was just cast in the 16th edition of Dancing with the Stars.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/03/05/general-hospital-vanessa-and-jax/

MARCIL AND RADEMACHER RETURN TO GH!
Looks like Sonny won't be left off the nostalgia train gracing GH as it veers toward its milestone anniversary on April 1: Vanessa Marcil (Brenda) and Ingo Rademacher (Jax) will both be returning to the show before it hits the big 5-0, reports ew.com. Rademacher, last seen in 2012, will fit his brief appearance into his hoofing schedule on DANCING WITH THE STARS, while Marcil says that it didn't take much coaxing to get her to reprise her beloved role. Ive always respected that the show is the star, she tells Digest. I like Frank [Valentini, executive producer] a lot and I think he is amazing. Im up for doing anything, because as an actor, its always exciting. Im so honored that theyve let me come in and come out; I just really respect what they think is best for the show. So if Brenda fits into that somewhere, of course, Im always really excited about that."

SOD Web

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Great news! Jax and Brenda are a huge part of GH history, so they're returns are fitting. With Rademacher joining DWTS, I wondered if he would make a return to GH for cross promotional purposes. And I have full faith in Carlivati giving Brenda a much better return and material than she got before with Guza.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Wow..This is turning into an amazing tribute. GO GH...Love Brenda.

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

Yay! VM is back! Hope Sonny and Brenda are going to be sharing lots of scenes together, I want a better reunion! Don't care about Jax.
TFP

tylerbo20

can lois be next?

guessgirl
Member Avatar

I love J&B but I just hope they don't screw them over again. No way do I want watch my two faves have to lick S&C ass again. They deserve better than that. No I am not saying they have to be together I just want them to written like the Jax and Brenda I know and love.
Edited by guessgirl, Mar 5 2013, 08:28 PM.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Please have Brenda's return be better this time,I enjoyed some stuff last time,but I don't wanna get too excited because I don't know how long VM will stick around this time,I made me mad to see SnB get married only for her to leave months later.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

I love VM & IR. Glad they're returning for the 50th anniversary tribute, however I wish the ptb put them on contract.
A Sonny/Brenda redux would be great, they can start over as a married couple, and possibly CarJax reunites.

Edited by bellajewel, Mar 5 2013, 08:26 PM.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

EJ_SamiFF
Mar 5 2013, 07:43 PM
Yay! VM is back! Hope Sonny and Brenda are going to be sharing lots of scenes together, I want a better reunion! Don't care about Jax.
TFP
I want a S & B reunion. They need to start over, correcting that trainwreck of a wedding/marriage under Guza's regime.
I also like J & B, but they have moved on. CarJax was good as a family. Marrying Jax made Carly likeable.

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

not happy at all... Not fan of them anyway....

Andi
Member Avatar

My Brenda is coming home! :wub2:

cscarly

what a great history together how long was couple months vs carjax and carson years
brenda biggest joke in gh history they make brenda and sonny and brenda and jax bigger
than carson and carson when carson together from 2000 to 2004 and carjax 2006 to 2011 .
carly character way bigger star than brenda character only difference is carly character never
left the show she was just recasted where brenda should been recasted but they kiss to vanessa whatever
she wants while they recasting carly and lulu but not brenda

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

cscarly
Mar 5 2013, 11:10 PM
what a great history together how long was couple months vs carjax and carson years
brenda biggest joke in gh history they make brenda and sonny and brenda and jax bigger
than carson and carson when carson together from 2000 to 2004 and carjax 2006 to 2011 .
carly character way bigger star than brenda character only difference is carly character never
left the show she was just recasted where brenda should been recasted but they kiss to vanessa whatever
^^^Carly is not a bigger star than Brenda, never will be. :ermm: ^o)
Edited by bellajewel, Mar 5 2013, 11:21 PM.

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

cscarly
carly character way bigger star than brenda character
only difference is carly character never
SnB were bigger than Carson becuase they were the last supercouple of GH. Don't agree about Brenda being the "biggest joke in gh history". Also Carly character is not a bigger star than Brenda IMO :shrug:

King
Member Avatar

This was the era I watched GH during. That is pretty awesome.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Woooo Hell yeah!!! Queen Brenda is BACK! This is the baddest bitch of all time and no one comes close. I can't wait to see what Frank and Ron write for her. The EW article on the return says that both will be back for "more than a few weeks." so these are not drive-bys. The Soap Opera Digest article makes it sound like they will be in and out, especially Jax. Not true, apparently.

As far as Lois goes, I wanted to see her back, but I saw someone asked Rena Sofer on Twitter if she would be willing to work with Wally Kurth again on GH and she said, "That's something I would have to think about." So they can bring Lesli Kay in if they want because I didn't appreciate that. By all account WK is a great man and Ned is WAY more important than Lois.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

cscarly
What in the actual fuck? I wish I lived in bizarro world sometimes.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Added the EW.com article to the first post. :)

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

BRENDA! I can't wait. :cheer:

"This is the baddest bitch of all time and no one comes close." So true!

cscarly

No way Carson lot bigger Brenda and sonny ever where
Sonny let Carly in all way while Brenda could t get front
Door look betrayals Carson vs Brenda joke
Getting shot at vs son opening a bomb and Carly pleaded sonny
To leave Brenda didn't give sonny chance

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply