Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GH: Brandon Barash OUT!
Topic Started: Mar 5 2013, 07:40 PM (1,723 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Brandon Barash Leaving General Hospital!

One of daytime’s favorite bad guy characters, who at times had a bit of a conscience, will soon be departing his soap! The news this afternoon came first via Brandon Barash’s (Johnny) Twitter page, and has now been confirmed by On-Air On-Soaps through Barash’s management, that the popular actor is indeed exiting General Hospital!

At first, many fans were confused since Barash’s tweet made a humorous mention that he has chosen to pursue a career in the NBA thus the reason for his leaving!

Barash tweeted, “With a bittersweet, heavy heart I announce my time at GH has come to an end, as I have chosen to move on & pursue my NBA career. I love u all.” No word on how, or when, Johnny Zacchara will be written off the canvas, and Barash’s final airdate.

With Barash gone, along with Scott Reeves (Steven) and Steve Burton (Jason), all that remains of the original members of “Port Chuck” in Port Chuck is Bradford Anderson (Damian Spinelli).

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/confirmed-brandon-barash-leaving-general-hospital/2013/03/05/

SON

Posted Image

https://twitter.com/BrandonBarash/status/309054593524973568
Attached to this post:
Attachments: BarashOut.png (19.89 KB)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nate
Member Avatar

https://twitter.com/BrandonBarash/status/309054593524973568

Quote:

With a bittersweet, heavy heart I announce my time at GH has come to an end, as I have chosen to move on&pursue my NBA career. I love u all.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

NBA as in National Basketball Association? Is Barash serious?

Anyways, not too big of a surprise. The show kept claiming Johnny wasn't going anywhere, but the writing's been on the wall for the character since Carly started getting paired up with Todd. I was hoping they were going to go somewhere with Johnny and Kristina. It seemed that way at least.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I'm not sure if he's serious or not. I didn't see the NBA mention at first. UGH!

Nate
Member Avatar

I don't know if you didn't see or if it was at the same, but I posted the exact same thread before you.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Hmm, is he gone or not? :shrug:

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

If BB is out, it's not a surprise. The ptb totally ruined his character.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

It was not before be. I posted at 6:40 pm ct and you posted at 6:44 pm ct. I didn't get rid of your post to be mean but this one already had a reply by the time I noticed there were two. I retrieved your post out of the trash can and merged with this one to prove my point.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Thankfully and mercifully this is true. I will not miss this character at all. I do hope BB gets some work in primetime or on B&B. He can act, but I hated Johnny Zacchara with a passion.

dragonflies
Member Avatar

Guys the NBA part was a joke, he was making light of the situation. SON confirmed he's out, his management team confirmed it

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

dragonflies
Mar 6 2013, 03:39 AM
Guys the NBA part was a joke, he was making light of the situation. SON confirmed he's out, his management team confirmed it
I got busy and didn't have time to update this thread earlier. :-/

I'll miss him and am sad his character got written into a corner. I guess this means the setup for some Kristina/Johnny interaction is done or will be done soon.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Sorry to see him go. He has a lot of talent and is fun to watch. I don't particularly want Johnny replaced with someone else. They have a ready-made exit strategy for him since he's already in prison. As long as Cole and Hope stay dead, the character's been put into a corner. His trajectory has been all downhill for awhile. Carly and Johnny had zero chemistry and Carly is clearly more hung up on Todd than Johnny right now, no matter how mad she is. I was kind of interested in seeing Johnny put together with Kristina, but wasn't totally sure how that'd work. Anyway...

LOL @ the NBA comment.

Mason
Member Avatar

Good. Another sleazy mobster down.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Sad to see him go, but Johnny was one character that whoever was writing had a difficult time with. They could never figure out what to o with the character.

Nate
Member Avatar

Oh ok thank you Miss Rhi.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I'm thrilled they decided to do this because I'm pretty sure Lindsey Morgan has been long gone as Kristina. She doesn't seem to ever be in town when GH is taping judging by her twitter. And there's been rumblings of her exit for a while now. She couldn't act to save her life so having both of these characters gone is a hell of a lot better than trying to force that relationship on us.

Johnny had no purpose with the Port Charles mob wars all but dead. And Carly is somewhere between Todd and AJ. Don't need 3 guys in Carly's orbit because she has had enough for a lifetime. I just hope this doesn't send Carly flying into AJ's direction and ruining Liz and AJ right away.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Good actor, but It's way overdue for Johnny to be written off since he killed Cole, Hope & Anthony.

dragonflies
Member Avatar

Brandon Barash ‏@BrandonBarash

To clarify: A) Yes, I'm actually leaving. B) Don't be mad at GH, it was my call. Mad respect for @valentinifrank &co 3) Lakers cut me.WTF?!

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Barash should've been axed his storyline was over months ago, no wonder he chose to leave!

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Brandon Barash was serious man meat. Even Laura Wright had little nice things to say about him when asking about him leaving. Wonder what THE REAL story is here????

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply