Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Marcy Rylan is the new Lulu!
Topic Started: Mar 6 2013, 10:49 AM (3,530 Views)
Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/rylan-leaves-yr-gh
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Maybe now Y&R can actually cast Abby with an age appropriate and talented actress...

OliveAnn

How many times has she changed her name over the years? Emme? Where did that come from?

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

OliveAnn
Mar 6 2013, 12:05 PM
How many times has she changed her name over the years? Emme? Where did that come from?
This is the only time she's ever changed her name lol. I think she'll be a great Lulu. Now Y&R can fix the miscasting of her as Abby.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

I like her so I like this. Would have preferred Jen Lilley, but Marcy Rylan is a lovely consolation prize.

Nate
Member Avatar

Oh god no...

LPS
Member Avatar

The only perk I can think of is atleast she won't be bugging the sh*t out of me on YR.

King of Hearts
Member Avatar

I'm all for it.

I think she will definitely make the role her own, besides ever since Lulu grew up and believed in doing right (something the Spencers don't do quiet often) she's been a bore.

I'm not saying MR needs to bring Lulu back to her old ways, but add some spice into the character and with the current situation she's in, there's no doubt it'll happen.

OliveAnn

Kevin_Buchanan
Mar 6 2013, 12:30 PM
OliveAnn
Mar 6 2013, 12:05 PM
This is the only time she's ever changed her name lol. I think she'll be a great Lulu. Now Y&R can fix the miscasting of her as Abby.
Really? I know it's off-topic but I remember reading somewhere that either Marcy isn't her real name or Rylan isn't her real last name.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

I liked MR as Abby on Y & R. However, I prefer Jennifer Landon as the nuLulu, she has a kick azz attitude. MR isn't the right actress for the role.
Edited by bellajewel, Mar 6 2013, 02:33 PM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

3 Words GH:

MAJOR STEP DOWN!

Terrible casting!

Mason

I'm not crazy about Rylan by any means, but I don't think she's THAT bad. They could have picked someone a lot better, but (as evidenced by their Kristina recast) they could also have picked someone much worse.

(Sidenote: I never really saw her time as Abby Newman, so I'm basing this almost entirely on her GL years.)

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

IMO MR would be that bad as the nuLulu However, she was perfect in the role as Abby-- the typical spoiled entitled rich girl with a wild side.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

MR has only ever played Annoying/spoiled little rich girls, which Lulu is not. This is an odd choice to say the least.

cscarly

aint this bogus carly , lulu, maxie, whole roster be recasted but not brenda and laura we get laura
she come back for long period but why keep character with same actress when actress doesnt even
want to stay 6 months even sarah stayed longer than 6 months she wrote off the show only reason she left
2nd time around but we spose put up brenda come in and going while writer bosses refuse go after people we
love see on show than people who we never want see again who stunk up everytime they showed
brenda had like total amnesia in 2010 return she acted like she didnt show up in 2002 and 2003 where
she tore apart jax marriage to skye and destroyed sonny family to point sooner or later carly pay sonny back
for kissing brenda what happen sonny torpedo his marriage because carly wanted sonny feel way she felt .

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Can you balame her?

Jill Farren Phelps is the most hated bitch in soap opera history. I would leave Young and the Restless[/b] in a heartbeat if Jill Farren Phelps was at the helm

That woman is a BITCH

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

I agree JFP is the most hated female in soap history,(she's a biatch)can't blame MR for leaving but I dread the nuLulu debut at GH.
Edited by bellajewel, Mar 6 2013, 08:36 PM.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

cscarly
Mar 6 2013, 07:26 PM
aint this bogus carly , lulu, maxie, whole roster be recasted but not brenda and laura we get laura
she come back for long period but why keep character with same actress when actress doesnt even
want to stay 6 months even sarah stayed longer than 6 months she wrote off the show only reason she left
2nd time around but we spose put up brenda come in and going while writer bosses refuse go after people we
love see on show than people who we never want see again who stunk up everytime they showed
brenda had like total amnesia in 2010 return she acted like she didnt show up in 2002 and 2003 where
she tore apart jax marriage to skye and destroyed sonny family to point sooner or later carly pay sonny back
for kissing brenda what happen sonny torpedo his marriage because carly wanted sonny feel way she felt .
Posted Image
Edited by bellajewel, Mar 6 2013, 09:28 PM.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Eh... I liked Marcy on Guiding Light, but hated her as Abby on Y&R. I don't think she fits the role of Lulu.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

And I refuse to call her Emme. What a stupid name to change your name too lol.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply