Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Marcy Rylan is the new Lulu!
Topic Started: Mar 6 2013, 10:49 AM (3,575 Views)
LPS
Member Avatar

I could buy her as a Maxie, but not Lulu. All of the characters she plays are f*cking annoying. I tend to believe it is the acting versus the writing, but who knows.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

LPS
Mar 7 2013, 12:02 AM
I could buy her as a Maxie, but not Lulu. All of the characters she plays are f*cking annoying. I tend to believe it is the acting versus the writing, but who knows.
Yes she has played the same character IMO on both GL and Y&R. I have to wonder if Lulu is suddenly going to take on that same personality too or if MR is actually going to have to start acting this time around.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Hopefully she does do better as Lulu, I'm starting to worry now, since GL fans say Rylan was the same on GL as she is on Y&R. I don't like her on Y&R previously. Recently I gave up Y&R just after starting to watch it because I've been moved to a 2nd shift at my job (hate it, sucks!), but saw her today and thought Rylan was acting differently not as stupid as Abby was being written under the last writer. If she is horrible as Lulu hopefully GH will correct the casting quickly like they did when they fired Jennifer Bransford as Carly and replaced her with Laura Wright.

Laura39

This SUCKS! She looks older than JMB and IMO is a major step down. Not looking forward to this crap.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I could definitely see Rylan more as Maxie than Lulu. I think of tomboy when I think of Lulu. I don't think of tomboy when I think of Rylan. We'll see though.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

The old Lulu was tomboyish. She hasn't been played that way for a couple years, but I see what you're saying. JMB and Lulu have been like fashionistas for the show and she's been super girly. My only problem with this casting is that Rylan does seem more like Maxie than Lulu. I worry that they're going to clash because they're exactly the same. I have faith in her acting that she will be able to pull it off. Regardless of who they got it was going to be jarring.

They wrote the role of adult Abby FOR Marcy Rylan so that explains why she was so much like Lizzie from GL. It was intentional. I think she's capable of doing something totally different because I think she's a good actress. This is going to be a lot like when Jacob Young took over Lucky because I think Lulu will be missing or presumed dead for a week or a couple weeks before we see the change in Lulu's. That should help with the change.
Edited by DiMeraFan67, Mar 8 2013, 11:32 PM.

titan1978
Member Avatar

This would have been a great time to play up the more tomboyish rough around the edges girl Lulu used to be. Rylan's last 2 roles were so similar to Maxie I hope they don't go in that direction.

I will miss Berman. Her scenes when she convinced Milo to strip and showed him moves was really funny.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

I'm having a hard time seeing her as Lulu Spencer. She's always played spoiled little bitchy brats which Lulu certainly is not. I'll give her a chance but I'm not sure about this move by GH.

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

Not sure about this move. But I don't care about Lulu so...

DaveBedford
Bitches be crazy! Haters are gonna hate!

Great casting by GH. I think Marcy will do fantastic.

reunion of GL castmates Laura & Marcy (Cassie Newman & Lizzie Spalding) should be interesting playing cousins this go around.

DaveBedford
Bitches be crazy! Haters are gonna hate!

OliveAnn
Mar 6 2013, 02:22 PM
Kevin_Buchanan
Mar 6 2013, 12:30 PM
OliveAnn
Mar 6 2013, 12:05 PM
How many times has she changed her name over the years? Emme? Where did that come from?
This is the only time she's ever changed her name lol. I think she'll be a great Lulu. Now Y&R can fix the miscasting of her as Abby.
Really? I know it's off-topic but I remember reading somewhere that either Marcy isn't her real name or Rylan isn't her real last name.
Marcy is her real name. Emme is her middle name.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

ScorpioQueen
Mar 13 2013, 05:26 PM
Not sure about this move. But I don't care about Lulu so...
Same thing here.

Julie Berman wasn't all that.

Anon

I was just watching the episode where Laura wakes from her coma and even though JMB won't go down as one of the best actresses in daytime, at least she had a light touch when called for and decent chemistry with TG and GF. Ugh, I remember MR from GL and she had all the subtlety of a wrecking ball, this is going to be a massive fail.

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

She better not annoy the heck out of me on GH because she did on Y&R.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Only ever saw her in that dumb Bring it on movie,so not much to go on for me,I've never watched any CBS soaps.

Anon

I just can't believe that they are including her in all the 50 year anniversary photos, when she hasn't even been on the show for 50 minutes yet.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply