Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of March 18th; *updated 3/11
Topic Started: Mar 6 2013, 02:27 PM (38,134 Views)
annie21

I hear you. However, last year, when the show decided their triangle wasn't working, they ditched the already taped scenes, put MR and MA on the sidelines for weeks, briefly sent SC offscreen, and re-edited and re-wrote scenes to cover the gap.

If ever there was a situation where already taped scenes should be tossed in the garbage can, this is definitely one. Unfortunately, TomSell, unlike MarDar, apparently still have the backing of the network execs, so it's Dannifer full steam ahead. :shame: They should just give it up already.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

annie21
Mar 16 2013, 09:08 PM
I hear you. However, last year, when the show decided their triangle wasn't working, they ditched the already taped scenes, put MR and MA on the sidelines for weeks, briefly sent SC offscreen, and re-edited and re-wrote scenes to cover the gap.

If ever there was a situation where already taped scenes should be tossed in the garbage can, this is definitely one. Unfortunately, TomSell, unlike MarDar, apparently still have the backing of the network execs, so it's Dannifer full steam ahead. :shame: They should just give it up already.

Oh, I don't think they're giving up, and I think it's going to get worse. But I think they're getting more screentime now because a portion of the story is about to end.

But I didn't remember that we ever heard that they trashed scenes that were already filmed.

bomber
Member Avatar

The Chloe part may wrap up soon but my guess is J.J.'s going to turn up as soon as she leaves and it will still be Dannifer at full steam but this time they will be "loving parents" coping with a resentful son. I predict that storyline will have just as much screentime as the Chloe triangle has.

Kriss4

lysie
Mar 16 2013, 08:50 PM
My guess is that we'll see Dannifer pretty heavily over the next couple of weeks because they're wrapping up part of it.
Um, can they wrap up ALL of it?

The relationship too?

No?

Damn.

It's really hard to root for these two. It just is. I might've been able to do it if circumstances had been different, but they're not. It's been tough for me to see how little time Jennifer has spent mourning Jack. She was thinking about and chasing Dan VERY quickly after Jack's death. Then the writers saw how negatively that was taken, so they thought, "We'll throw in a few scenes of Jennifer looking at Jack's picture and sighing." After the sighing, she'd go chase Daniel again. Or Nicole, to berate her about her scheming. Now she has Chloe to berate.

Pattern here.

And Daniel? I don't trust his affection. It has no staying power. Whenever he breaks up with someone, he immediately looks to his next conquest. The only reason he hasn't done that is because they never keep Daniel and Jennifer apart for more than two days at a time. They argue, make up, argue, then make up...lightning fast.

I'd rather they stay in argue mode and then move out of each other's orbits.

I saw Kayla and Maxine matchmaking, and while love Kayla and Maxine and I basically have nothing against matchmaking...it's for a couple I can't root for, so it's pointless.

Matchmaking is only a good thing if I WANT the arguing couple to work things out. That's one of the prerequisites. I have to be ROOTING for them first.

Um, hey. Not rooting over here.

Just...not.

Edited by Kriss4, Mar 16 2013, 09:33 PM.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

bomber
Mar 16 2013, 09:21 PM
The Chloe part may wrap up soon but my guess is J.J.'s going to turn up as soon as she leaves and it will still be Dannifer at full steam but this time they will be "loving parents" coping with a resentful son. I predict that storyline will have just as much screentime as the Chloe triangle has.
I hate your post... because I think you're right. :shame: :facepalm:

Angelsmile

BeeBee
Mar 15 2013, 09:54 PM
michr544125
Mar 15 2013, 06:36 PM
La_Laa
Mar 15 2013, 02:31 PM
Daytime
Mar 15 2013, 09:43 AM
Sonny and Nick Fight

Nick tells Gabi that Will gave up his parental rights and basically admits that he pressured him to do so. He justifies this by playing into Gabiís fears of Sami and Sonny.

Nick, later, runs into Sonny and the two exchange heated words and things come to a head when Nick suddenly calls Sonny and gay slur. It pushes Sonny over the edge.

Sonny throws the first punch, knocking Nick over a coffee table. Freddie Smith says Sonny is not only angry with Nick over Will, it brings up painful memories of people who picked on him from being gay.

Nick doesn't retaliate by punching Sonny because heís on probation.

While Sonny and Nickís drama ensues, Gabi meets Will and assures him he will be part of his babyís life and says Nick wouldn't have a problem with it. Will disagrees because Gabi doesn't know what is going on.
TPTB portray Gabore Hernandez as Nick's victim. This is ridiculous. I suppose to feel sorry for her? Does she feel sorry for what she did? No, moron cares only about herself. TPTB can't even give me a one reason, why I have to root for this character. Nothing can redeem her in my eyes. Nothing. I loathe her.

Sonny kicks Nick's homophobic ass. So excited.
Exactly. They want me to feel bad for Gabi? Not going to happen. I'm still holding out hope that once Will finds out what Gabi did to Mel that he finally turns on her. There has to be a reason Sonny hasn't told Will yet. Sonny still holds it against Gabi and doesn't see her as some innocent victim.

Can't wait for Sonny to finally take Nick down. Maybe this will finally encourage Will that he needs to man up and fight for his baby.
Gabi did not intentionally cause the explosion.Gabi is one of the few Salem felons in recent memory who did say she was sorry for what she did and she planned to turn herself in to police for it until she was talked out of it and stopped after Chad signed the agreement to save himself after assaulting Nick.If Gabi was only thinking about herself,she would not question Will about his decision to give up his rights to his daughter or assaure him that he will be part of his baby's life after Nick told her he pressured Will to give up his rights and tried to scare her concerning Sami and Sonny.
Chad would likely be married to Melanie if he had told her what Gabi did as soon as he found out and Gabi would have accepted her punishment.This also would have occured if Chad had been willing to accept the consequences for his actions in assaulting Nick instead of trying to cover his ass.For these reasons I am willing to give Gabi the same "pass" given to Stefano,Kate,Victor,Kristin,Sami,EJ,Will,and Chad to a lesser extent.
Gabi strikes me as someone who says whatever she needs to say to appease the person she is talking to. I see her as sitting back and letting Nick do all the dirty work while she benefits from it. Once Nick tells her he pressured Will to give up his rights if she really wanted to do the right thing she would make Nick tear the agreement up. To let the agreement stand and tell Will she will "let" him be a part of his childs life is not the right theing to do. It is not up to her to "let" him do anythng when it comes to his daughter. If she truly was against what Nick did she would be questioning him about the kind of pressure he put on Will. She knows Will was finally excited about the baby and really wanting to be involved. However, she doesn't because while she won't admit it she doesn't want Will to be a real part of the child's life in a way that might interfere with on her and Nick. Once again Nick does the dirty work and she benefits. I refuse to buy into poor misled Gabi. She knows something is going on and she is choosing not to find out what so she can play the innocent.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 16 2013, 08:50 PM
My guess is that we'll see Dannifer pretty heavily over the next couple of weeks because they're wrapping up part of it.
They need to wrap up all of it and toss it in a dumpster.
P.S. the next time you are going to post the words "see Dannifer pretty heavily over the next couple of weeks" issue some kind of warning at the start of the post.I am still shuddering at the thought of this happening.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Angelsmile
Mar 16 2013, 10:24 PM
BeeBee
michr544125
La_Laa

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepSonny and Nick Fight
Exactly. They want me to feel bad for Gabi? Not going to happen. I'm still holding out hope that once Will finds out what Gabi did to Mel that he finally turns on her. There has to be a reason Sonny hasn't told Will yet. Sonny still holds it against Gabi and doesn't see her as some innocent victim.

Can't wait for Sonny to finally take Nick down. Maybe this will finally encourage Will that he needs to man up and fight for his baby.
Gabi did not intentionally cause the explosion.Gabi is one of the few Salem felons in recent memory who did say she was sorry for what she did and she planned to turn herself in to police for it until she was talked out of it and stopped after Chad signed the agreement to save himself after assaulting Nick.If Gabi was only thinking about herself,she would not question Will about his decision to give up his rights to his daughter or assaure him that he will be part of his baby's life after Nick told her he pressured Will to give up his rights and tried to scare her concerning Sami and Sonny.
Chad would likely be married to Melanie if he had told her what Gabi did as soon as he found out and Gabi would have accepted her punishment.This also would have occured if Chad had been willing to accept the consequences for his actions in assaulting Nick instead of trying to cover his ass.For these reasons I am willing to give Gabi the same "pass" given to Stefano,Kate,Victor,Kristin,Sami,EJ,Will,and Chad to a lesser extent.
Gabi strikes me as someone who says whatever she needs to say to appease the person she is talking to. I see her as sitting back and letting Nick do all the dirty work while she benefits from it. Once Nick tells her he pressured Will to give up his rights if she really wanted to do the right thing she would make Nick tear the agreement up. To let the agreement stand and tell Will she will "let" him be a part of his childs life is not the right theing to do. It is not up to her to "let" him do anythng when it comes to his daughter. If she truly was against what Nick did she would be questioning him about the kind of pressure he put on Will. She knows Will was finally excited about the baby and really wanting to be involved. However, she doesn't because while she won't admit it she doesn't want Will to be a real part of the child's life in a way that might interfere with on her and Nick. Once again Nick does the dirty work and she benefits. I refuse to buy into poor misled Gabi. She knows something is going on and she is choosing not to find out what so she can play the innocent.
The spoiler states she assures Will he will be part of his baby's life stating it as a fact because she does know he wants to be part of his daughter's life.,not not that she is going to "let" or allow him to be part of the baby's life.Nick has physical possession of the document,Gabi cannot "make" Nick tear up the agreement.If Nick attempts to initiate legal proceedings to terminate Will's parental rights and Gabi does not intervene or if Gabi allows Nick's name on the birth certificate,I will have a problem with her behavior but so far I see her as trying to support the man she loves and her friend.Gabi went to Will to question and assure him after Nick finally told her what he did in blackmailing Will. If she did not want Will to be a real part of the baby's life she would not be talking to Will at all.
Edited by BeeBee, Mar 16 2013, 11:47 PM.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Mar 16 2013, 06:12 AM
BeeBee
michr544125
La_Laa

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepSonny and Nick Fight

Gabi intentionally left Melanie to rot in Andrew's prison because she was too cowardly to turn herself in and explain herself, and that was when she had actually only done shady but not illegal things. When she left Melanie, her supposed friend, to be likely assaulted, raped or even killed, she showed what was at the core of her character.

Also, Will has repeated expressed remorse for shooting EJ and repeatedly said he should have taken responsibility. There's also a long list of Salemites who have shown remorse for their actions, not the least of which is Nicole who has been shown doing penance (sexily I might add).
I agree Gabi was wrong to put herself interest ahead of Melanie's safety but she did go into the tunnel to help Melanie escape putting her own safety at risk,she stated what she did was wrong, and she was planning to turn her self in to police and accept the punishment but she was talked out of it by Rafe and Nick just like Will who allowed Sonny,Lucas,Sami,and EJ to talk him out of turning himself in for shooting EJ.
I agree that I have seen Nicole express true remorse for the baby swap and the fiasco with Jennifer when her baby died and I have seen Will twice make statements about accepting responsibilty for shooting EJ after Nick began his blackmail scheme but for the life of me I cannot recall him repeatedly expressing actual remorse for shooting EJ.I have heard Sami and EJ making joking remarks about her shooting him and him kidnapping Sydney but I don't recall them seriously expressing remorse.I think I have watched all episodes since the spring of 2009 but my viewing was hit or miss prior to this time.Not being confrontational ,I really am interested to know the names of the other Salemites expressing true remorse for their criminal behavior.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

bomber
Mar 16 2013, 04:29 PM
annie21
Mar 16 2013, 01:10 PM
I guess I'm trying to come up with a way this Chloe/Dannifer storyline could have been great even in theory. I just don't see it. Even if we reduce it to its generic essence -- a man learns that he's really the father of a child from a previous marriage just as he's moved on with someone else -- it's been done so many times in soaps before that it's not "great" imo, but rather tiresome and cliche.

The Hope/Bo/Billy/Chelsea version was certainly better than this time around, but the very notion is a little seedy and Maury Povich-esque, if you ask me. Still, with Bo & Co, there were times when we could actually feel sympathy and affinity for the various players involved, but here, not a chance. (Yes, Parker's cute and all, but if he left Salem tomorrow, I wouldn't be heartbroken.)

I guess my point is that even if we remove these awful and awfully rendered characters from this story, it still wouldn't be all that great with these writers at the helm. There are no real stakes, no real promise for character growth, no significant changes at hand for any of the key players. It's just blah. Filler. It would be boring and cliche no matter what, but with these incredibly weak and dumb-downed characters at its core, it's downright painful to watch.

I am having trouble thinking of how it could have been better - basically I just hate Fetch fullstop. It MIGHT have been a better story if Dan had been shown to actually do some soul searching about his past treatment of Chloe and express regret for throwing her and Parker out. He should have expressed some guilt, especially after finding out that Parker was his child. It would also have been infinitely better if Chloe had been in true character and he had found himself still attracted to Chloe (even if no longer in love with her). Having Chloe back as an "evil witch" was just as dumb as having Jennifer not mourn Jack so as usual the women look bad while Dr Glow dithers around looking confused and blameless. Also knowing that Fetch are still together in July does nothing to inspire me to watch.
I didn't know there was information out about July.I am only watching Chloe/Fetch to find out what is going to happen with Chloe and Parker.I can't believe they really changed the paternity and brought them back just so Chloe,Jennifer,and Daniel could behave stupidly before Chloe left Salem again.Have you ,or anyone else,seen anything about how Chloe comes to her senses and leaves town with (or God forbid without)Parker?

blueskies
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Mar 16 2013, 10:03 PM
bomber
Just so long as they don't retcon JJ's paternity to Daniel using some weird sequence of events. I don't need that.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

blueskies
Mar 17 2013, 12:53 AM
JamaicanBeauty7
bomber
Just so long as they don't retcon JJ's paternity to Daniel using some weird sequence of events. I don't need that.
JJ is Maggie's egg-baby fathered by Jack

bomber
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Mar 17 2013, 12:34 AM
quote]I didn't know there was information out about July.I am only watching Chloe/Fetch to find out what is going to happen with Chloe and Parker.I can't believe they really changed the paternity and brought them back just so Chloe,Jennifer,and Daniel could behave stupidly before Chloe left Salem again.Have you ,or anyone else,seen anything about how Chloe comes to her senses and leaves town with (or God forbid without)Parker?[/quote]

I got the July thing from all the tweets that talked about MR and SC working together. All I know about Chloe's departure is that NB said something about there are no real winners when a child is involved. I'm assuming that means that she goes back to Chicago, hopefully with Parker.

P.S. sorry I stuffed up the quote thingy.
Edited by bomber, Mar 17 2013, 03:17 AM.

Dany_E

lysie
Mar 16 2013, 09:12 PM
annie21
Mar 16 2013, 09:08 PM

Oh, I don't think they're giving up, and I think it's going to get worse. But I think they're getting more screentime now because a portion of the story is about to end.

But I didn't remember that we ever heard that they trashed scenes that were already filmed.
I remember Missy gave an interview of some sort that they were re-writing her story and filming new stuff. I don't remember her specifically saying they'd already filmed stuff and trashed it. I got the impression it was more along the lines that they trashed the direction they were planning to go in.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

blueskies
JamaicanBeauty7
bomber
Posted Image

BeeBee
Member Avatar

bomber
Mar 17 2013, 03:15 AM
BeeBee
Mar 17 2013, 12:34 AM
quote]I didn't know there was information out about July.I am only watching Chloe/Fetch to find out what is going to happen with Chloe and Parker.I can't believe they really changed the paternity and brought them back just so Chloe,Jennifer,and Daniel could behave stupidly before Chloe left Salem again.Have you ,or anyone else,seen anything about how Chloe comes to her senses and leaves town with (or God forbid without)Parker?

I got the July thing from all the tweets that talked about MR and SC working together. All I know about Chloe's departure is that NB said something about there are no real winners when a child is involved. I'm assuming that means that she goes back to Chicago, hopefully with Parker.

P.S. sorry I stuffed up the quote thingy.[/quote]

Thanks for the information,I don't do the tweets.
Edited by BeeBee, Mar 17 2013, 10:25 PM.

DJsMommy
Member Avatar
❤Freddie❤

TreasureCove
Mar 14 2013, 07:43 PM
Nicole isn't allowed to go out.
:lol: I know right? She can't drink. She can't dress sexy. Nicole can't do anything. I know some thought Nicole being a mother would drag her down, but to me, Eric is the drag. BORING! :sleep2: Of course, I'll have to see more of him, but I say bring on the sexy bad boy with the tatts! At least she can have some fun & a few drinks without the fear of getting chewed out. :shrug:

DJsMommy
Member Avatar
❤Freddie❤

BeeBee
Mar 15 2013, 09:09 PM
Daysfanatic79
Mar 15 2013, 05:38 AM
AND....to give Nick "an out", I think he was raped by a man in jail. It's no excuse, and still needs to get the living shit beat out of him, but knowing this show, and it's need to give a reason for everyone's motives and actions (ESPECIALLY If you are a Horton or a Brady), I think they will go there.
I think anyone raped repeatedly over a period of years would have a severly damaged psyche and likely suffer PTSD.While the rapes would not be justification for homophobic behavior,it would certainly explain that behavior by him and make me more sympathetic toward Nick.
IA because Blake has the acting chops to pull it off. Plus, I keep remembering the loveable nerd Nick Fallon. The man of Science Nick Fallon. Before he was thrown under the bus for that god-awful Melanie character, I never saw an inkling of hate in his body. (Of course there were no gay characters back then, but I just can't believe THAT Nick would hate people for their sexual orientation) Something had to happen to really damage him inside.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

DJsMommy
Mar 18 2013, 12:44 AM
TreasureCove
Mar 14 2013, 07:43 PM
Nicole isn't allowed to go out.
:lol: I know right? She can't drink. She can't dress sexy. Nicole can't do anything. I know some thought Nicole being a mother would drag her down, but to me, Eric is the drag. BORING! :sleep2: Of course, I'll have to see more of him, but I say bring on the sexy bad boy with the tatts! At least she can have some fun & a few drinks without the fear of getting chewed out. :shrug:
Eric is actually dragging her down, I never thought but that's exactly what's happened.

Like Chloe said, moving into the convent has ruined Nicole.
Edited by Laufeyson, Mar 18 2013, 01:10 AM.

bomber
Member Avatar

blueskies
JamaicanBeauty7
bomber
Shh! Don't give them ideas but actually it could almost be plausible. We all assumed that JJ was conceived the night before Jack died but maybe after he died jen Jen went into shock was admitted into hospital for rest, you -know- who might have been temping and you know he can't resist a patient! One paternity test 17 years later and look Dannifer are the perfect family!

OMG st Patrick's Day or not, I have to stop drinking!
Edited by bomber, Mar 18 2013, 01:38 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply