Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of March 18th; *updated 3/11
Topic Started: Mar 6 2013, 02:27 PM (38,055 Views)
BJ Deveraux
Member Avatar

blueskies
Mar 17 2013, 12:53 AM
JamaicanBeauty7
Mar 16 2013, 10:03 PM
bomber
Mar 16 2013, 09:21 PM
The Chloe part may wrap up soon but my guess is J.J.'s going to turn up as soon as she leaves and it will still be Dannifer at full steam but this time they will be "loving parents" coping with a resentful son. I predict that storyline will have just as much screentime as the Chloe triangle has.
I hate your post... because I think you're right. :shame: :facepalm:
Just so long as they don't retcon JJ's paternity to Daniel using some weird sequence of events. I don't need that.
He could be an egg baby... They seem to run in the family. LMAO

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Aldo
Member Avatar

Daytime
Mar 16 2013, 12:10 PM
TV Guide Previews

3/22, Chloe comes up with a diabolical new plan
LOL at diabolical :blah: Yeah right. It'll be so diabolical that I'm pissing myself in fear.

Diabolical would be if she cuts the brake lines of Jennifer's fried-chicken-store delivery car, or add some arsenic to a glass of Tang orange juice for Daniel.

michelle
Member Avatar

For heaven's sake, don't piss yourself.

Sariah
Member Avatar

Whatever potential soapy goodness they had with the Parker retcon, they screwed it up. If Phloe had been in a relationship during their time in Chicago, that could have had huge fallout potential. At the very least, Philip should have been onscreen for the reveal because he's the one most dramatically affected. We should have seen his pain, his suffering, his loss. There should be some push and pull between Philip and Chloe during all of this. I also think Parker should have rejected Daniel. That was a major point during the Claire storyline - Claire preferred Philip, the daddy who'd raised her, to Shawn. Which makes sense, and is actually realistic. Even if they couldn't have the kid act it out, they could have had the adults referencing how Parker had to be taken from the room because he was having a fit. How he's been crying for his daddy, Philip. Something.

Instead they take all the emotional elements and dramatic points out of their storytelling. Instead the story becomes about the evil, obsessed, manipulative Chloe (who'd always been the good girl prior to Tomlin) and how the pure, sweet, holy princess stands to lose her perfect, saintly, white knight and his rectonned spawn, so she will make the ultimate fairy tale sacrifice for them.

If they were going to pull this card, they should have at least played it right.

lysie
Member Avatar

Sariah
Mar 19 2013, 12:44 PM
Whatever potential soapy goodness they had with the Parker retcon, they screwed it up. If Phloe had been in a relationship during their time in Chicago, that could have had huge fallout potential. At the very least, Philip should have been onscreen for the reveal because he's the one most dramatically affected. We should have seen his pain, his suffering, his loss. There should be some push and pull between Philip and Chloe during all of this. I also think Parker should have rejected Daniel. That was a major point during the Claire storyline - Claire preferred Philip, the daddy who'd raised her, to Shawn. Which makes sense, and is actually realistic. Even if they couldn't have the kid act it out, they could have had the adults referencing how Parker had to be taken from the room because he was having a fit. How he's been crying for his daddy, Philip. Something.

Instead they take all the emotional elements and dramatic points out of their storytelling. Instead the story becomes about the evil, obsessed, manipulative Chloe (who'd always been the good girl prior to Tomlin) and how the pure, sweet, holy princess stands to lose her perfect, saintly, white knight and his rectonned spawn, so she will make the ultimate fairy tale sacrifice for them.

If they were going to pull this card, they should have at least played it right.

ITA. And they're doing this with every story.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Sariah
Mar 19 2013, 12:44 PM

Yep. Even with Philip off canvas, they could've at least used Kate as a proxy and had her be more upset about losing a grandchild. Plus, they could've used Parker's change in paternity as motivation for Kate to be fiercely protective of Will's right in the Wabi baby story. This also could've led to some friction between Kate and Maggie in relation to both Philip/Dan and Will/Nick, as well as Victor/Maggie tension because of Dan/Philip. And that could've spilled over into some business tension between Kate/Victor. Basically, they could've made it into a layered umbrella story like they did the Wabi baby. All of that would've been way more interesting than just Fetch angst.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CPdays

MericP
Mar 8 2013, 08:39 AM
Mitchapalooza
Mar 7 2013, 12:42 PM
MericP
Mar 7 2013, 12:38 PM
I hope this fight between Sonny and Nick isn't physical.

I loved the verbal battles between Nick and company this week. And I usually don't watch Sonny - but maybe opposite Nick I will.
Why not? I think Nick is deserving a few heavy punches to the face...and who better to give that to him than Sonny :)
Oh, I know Nick deserves a few light slams.

But there's always someone punching someone on this soap and it isn't exciting to me anymore.

Especially since it's Sonny.

:blulaugh:
I hope Sonny slams Nick

Not that I condone violence. Nick needs a wake up call. Hopefully it doesn't hurt Wills chances to get his baby back. Although at this point I'm tired of wimpy Will.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply