Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: Hollywood Heights Melissa Ordway is New Abby
Topic Started: Mar 6 2013, 10:14 PM (3,790 Views)
LPS
Member Avatar

Kevin_Buchanan
Mar 7 2013, 02:09 AM
LPS
Mar 7 2013, 12:12 AM
^Well the fact she gave Marcy Rylan the boot has given me a new round of respect for her, LOL.
She didn't give Marcy Rylan the boot! Marcy Rylan left Y&R for GH, as the nu LuLu!
She fired her from contract and only placed her back on recurring (aka no contract).

I don't know why so many people are lamenting about JFP. SO FAR, she's done a decent job. All of her new hirings have been decent and the writing (JG's part) has been an improvement over MAB's sh*t. She's updating sets which hasn't been done in forever (unless you count that fugly, mother barf-in-a-bag, shitty set called Jimmy's) I think she is getting an unfair rap.
Edited by LPS, Mar 7 2013, 02:15 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jair

I think she is a good choice!

At this point I want also my hottie Justin Wilczynski from HH!xD

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

I hope she can act. She does look like Abby so that helps. The show seriously needed a younger female of the vixen type so she seems to fit the bill.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Rylan couldn't act on any show she was in. Hopefully this is an upgrade.

Daytime
Member Avatar

I'm gonna miss Rylan.. I liked her.

Soapwatcher

I'm wondering if we'll be able to tell her apart from Summer who also looks more like she could be Sharon's daughter than Phyllis'.

Peridott
Member Avatar

I'm cool with this. MR is okay for snark but that's about it. MO has sex appeal so it'll be interesting to see who she sparks with. Right now Abby and Alex are a dud and none of her other hookups were much better.
Edited by Peridott, Mar 7 2013, 12:05 PM.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Well she played a major bitch on HH.

Vicsze

I guess that after being fired, rehired, put onto recurring status & not on contract probably & reasonably had MR feeling insecure about her future on Y&R. I imagine that she was approached to take the jobof LuLu on GH & decided that it was a more secure & long term job. I guess that GH offered her what JFP wouldn't. I hope that it works out well for her on GH & hope that maybe one day we'll see her back as Abby Newman. I think that we have had enough HH imports for awhile too.

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

lightandday
Mar 7 2013, 12:10 AM
That bold bad ass Jill Farren, don't play I've stated countless times on this forum how chiefly this bitch is and when she set sights on who she really wants,,, best believe it will come to pass.. Another World watchers know what I'm talking about.

Preach! JFP tried to turn Another World into ER (complete with the new, total rip-off opening) and focused on the characters and actors she wanted, audience be damned. And don't even get me started on what she did to Frankie. She can deny it all she wants, but Ryan's death and Frankie's gruesome murder (orchestrated by that hack-of-all-hacks Maggot DeBitch) ultimately lay at her feet, and less than three years later, Another World was gone. :soapbox:

I really fear that any short-term gains Y&R might make will ultimately be overshadowed by JFP's ego, which will harm the show. She has shown she doesn't learn from her mistakes.

LPS
Member Avatar

I hope they continue to make the EP and HW separate. When they have one person in total control (i.e. MAB and LML) the show turns to sh&t.
Edited by LPS, Mar 14 2013, 06:22 PM.

gtamom
Member Avatar

I am so disappointed that Marcy Rylan will not be on the Y&R any longer. She was a great Abby, so funny, cute and pretty. I think Melissa Ordway is going to have a difficult time stepping into Marcy's shoes. She looks like she is in her 30's too.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

I just watched MR on CSI last night :)

lovetoloveya

I like Melissa. I see her on TV and in movies all the time and on Hollywood Heights she played a vixen character so I definitely see Abby being retooled. Plus she looks more like ED than MR. MR was just super annoying and had no chemistry with anyone.

lovetoloveya

lilkatie24
Mar 6 2013, 10:28 PM
This is just sketchy. Now we have 3 Hollywood Heights actors on Y&R and I tend to believe that JFP wanted this girl for the role of Abby not Marcy Rylan who lets be real has earned a contract over some of these other young actors who certainly haven't.
Actually 4 since Wheeler's henchman was also on Hollywood Heights but I guess since he's not in a big role people arent making a big deal

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply