Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for Week of February 25th- March 1st
Topic Started: Mar 8 2013, 01:48 AM (3,039 Views)
Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar
Brenda: "Let the fireworks begin." Sonny: "With you and me, Brenda, it's guaranteed."

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,614,000 (-112,000/+261,000)
2. B&B 3,558,000 (-67,000/+459,000)
3. GH 2,765,000 (-120,000/+362,000)
4. DAYS 2,517,000 (-217,000/-31,000)

Women 18-34 Rating
1. Y&R 0.7 (+.1/+.1)
2. GH 0.6 (same/+.1)
3. DAYS 0.5 (-.1/same)
3. B&B 0.5 (same/-.1)

B&B
Monday: 2.7/3,852,000
Tuesday: 2.8/3,799,000
Wednesday: 2.6/3,519,000
Thursday: 2.4/3,353,000
Friday: 2.4/3,264,000

DAYS
Monday: 2.0/2,679,000
Tuesday: 1.9/2,474,000
Wednesday: 1.8/2,407,000
Thursday: 2.0/2,605,000
Friday: 1.9/2,422,000

GH
Monday: 2.1/2,812,000
Tuesday: 2.1/2,856,000
Wednesday: 2.1/2,873,000
Thursday: 2.1/2,683,000
Friday: 1.9/2,599,000

Y&R
Monday: 3.4/4,821,000
Tuesday: 3.5/4,751,000
Wednesday: 3.5/4,811,000
Thursday: 3.2/4,431,000
Friday: 3.1/4,112,000

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2013/03/ratings-all-soaps-down-in-total-viewers-4
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Aliaron
Member Avatar

How is Wednesday your worse day DAYS?! It should be one of the best. Its cal l building up to friday's cliffhanger.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jair

The prior week they all go up by impressive numbers, now they all go down
(It's so strange that the most boring, the one with the most bad writing, it's the most stable ... it's something I don't understand at all ... but maybe it's me)

Jair

I'm sad for the drop of DOOL compared last week, not every episodes are intriguing and the Chloe/Daniel/Jennifer triangle is boring but I'm really enjoying the soap during the last weeks ... I hope this week will do better

lysie
Member Avatar

Ratings are just so weird. I didn't care for last week but the feature story was the main story. I'm a little surprised it dropped as much as it did coming off the week before.

Vicky4Mimi

I guess the 200,000+ that watched 2 weeks ago, all said they won't make That mistake again. :hmmph: J/K. I wish they would give us something actually good to see-then maybe we could all come together, be happy watching Lucas..Rafe...Nicole..you know, actually enjoy our favorite TV show, DAYS. Remember old DAYS....the show that didn't suck the life out of everything?

Give Bryan/Lucas a story, I'm begging you NBC. At this point, what can it really hurt??

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

If anything it shows that Days can't even retain some of the viewers they gain during a sweeps period. All the soaps dropped but in this case, Days dropped the most and is the only show that went back to the negative on the year to year mark.

They can't even have a few weeks of moderate gains. I don't know what they are going to do. I like the Wabi story, and I love Ericole but there are a few things on this show that totally turn me off at the moment.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

Of course they dropped. Soaps generally don't make that big of a jump unless there is something causing it unrelated to the show, ie weather. Even Troup knew they would drop. the problem for Days is the drop was about as big as the increase. How the freak is wednesday your worse day?
Edited by Aliaron, Mar 8 2013, 11:17 AM.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Well this looks bad, but I think this is DAYS range anyway. They're always around 2.5M in total viewers. That big jump wasn't going to last, but I wish they didn't lose it all at once. Bad week all around though. Was there something going on that Friday besides Fridays just sucking for soaps in general? Every show took a pretty significant loss.

lysie
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Mar 8 2013, 12:10 PM
Well this looks bad, but I think this is DAYS range anyway. They're always around 2.5M in total viewers. That big jump wasn't going to last, but I wish they didn't lose it all at once. Bad week all around though. Was there something going on that Friday besides Fridays just sucking for soaps in general? Every show took a pretty significant loss.
Well...I liked that day.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

LOL Well that explains DAYS, but it was a big hit across the board. A lot more than most Fridays.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 8 2013, 12:48 PM
DiMeraFan67
Mar 8 2013, 12:10 PM
Well...I liked that day.
LOL, dammit Lysie.

I figured we'd see a drop since last week's gains were so huge, but I was hoping it wouldn't be this bad. Days overall is soooo much of a better show than last year at this time, but it is still uneven and has some crap stories, so I guess the inconsistent day-to-day ratings are to be expected.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

Deleted.
Edited by bomber, Mar 8 2013, 03:09 PM.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I just can't accept that the stories are what makes the ratings change so much. What is the weak link? Dannifer? At least IMO. They were featured just as much during the jump as they were the decline. EJami? They were featured during the climb and the drop. The baby story? Same. I really am not going to blame this on the writing, I'm just going to say this is DAYS range and I think they will stay around here and be between 2.5M and 2.7M for a while. The only time I really care about the ratings is when they start getting close to 2.3M. That worries me. If they stay here they're fine and have to be pretty happy with it.

trojangal
Member Avatar

Vicky4Mimi
Mar 8 2013, 08:58 AM
I guess the 200,000+ that watched 2 weeks ago, all said they won't make That mistake again. :hmmph: J/K. I wish they would give us something actually good to see-then maybe we could all come together, be happy watching Lucas..Rafe...Nicole..you know, actually enjoy our favorite TV show, DAYS. Remember old DAYS....the show that didn't suck the life out of everything?

Give Bryan/Lucas a story, I'm begging you NBC. At this point, what can it really hurt??
The problem is Who or What do people want to see?
If you go by the message boards vs twitter vs phone calls vs Facebook
they all tell a different tale. The characters & stories you or I like might not be
what the focus groups like.

Also does whoever is the decision maker really care What the fans want ?
Ex: In the SOD year end poll Dannifer got 96 % thumbs down yet
They are being pimped & propped by numerous characters & NBCDays

Tomlin has been quoted in the past as saying he wants fans to react whether bad or good
so maybe that is what is happening except besides reacting fans are turning off their tv's

Edited by trojangal, Mar 8 2013, 03:15 PM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

It appears that the 2.2 mark appears to be Days trigger to get rid of the writers. around April of 2011 they hit that mark, around late March/early April of 2012 they hit a new low again and they went below 2.2...I don't know what it is with Days but they never do well in the spring and they seem to hit their lows then (even worse than the summer lows they usually get)....IMHO If March and April are bad for the show and they go below that 2.2 mark again by April...I see a change in writers coming our way again before April is over.

samwel

DOOL is back to their normal, still holding their demos, they are getting 2.0s and not getting the 1.5,6,7 of last year not to mention still capable of hitting highs once a month at least, the same cannot be said for last year or the one before. I do not see the writers going anywhere. 2010 collapse was predicted before and the next week we got a 15mth high.

samwel

Vicky4Mimi
Mar 8 2013, 08:58 AM

one person's happy is another snooze and barfest (see above), there is no pleasing everyone and the above mentioned (minus Lucas) got their time to shine in last year or two and just a bottom of the barrel to show for it.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

All the soaps were up last week and all of them were down this week. The unsettling thing for me is that Days is the only soap that lost viewers from this time last year and they were the soap who lost the most viewers, almost twice as many as any of the other three, from the week before.

samwel

ratings are so weird sometimes, the comparative week last year had lower dailies which means, DOOL had a greater share this year than last anyway.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply