Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for Week of February 25th- March 1st
Topic Started: Mar 8 2013, 01:48 AM (3,105 Views)
samwel

lysie
Mar 11 2013, 12:26 PM
What event? Days barely acknowledged sweeps. There wasn't an event.
the wedding, you know the one built around their 12,000th eppy.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

samwel
Mar 11 2013, 12:39 PM
lysie
Mar 11 2013, 12:26 PM
What event? Days barely acknowledged sweeps. There wasn't an event.
the wedding, you know the one built around their 12,000th eppy.
That they didn't promote? Yeah, I'm familiar. Leading into the sweeps period that they ignored again? Yep. Look, I don't want to continue a back and forth on this. We have two sides, one trying to argue that the ratings are good and one trying to argue that they're bad. My point is that both sides are wrong, and no amount of spin is going to change that. There's nothing to praise here and nothing to bash. The ratings are just okay. I kind of think that they probably were expecting more than this only because of the way the last couple of weeks were written, but I really have no idea what their expectations were. Either way, there's nothing to be proud or ashamed of.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

IF DAYS stays flat during the next ratings, that -31,000 will turn into nearly +100,000 so it is all in how you look at it. I agree these aren't ratings to shout from the rooftops, but there's no impending doom and gloom. When they hit 2.3M is when I'll start to worry. If they're down in total viewers again next week by any significant amount then it will be interesting to talk about. These ratings are basically "normal."
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

outrageous
Member Avatar

Honestly at this point all we can hope for is that it ties or goes above GH's ratings. Let's face it: Days will never go above Y&R, and most people don't watch day soaps anymore. They've done everything they could IMO. They brought back John and Marlena, Lucas, Jennifer and Jack, Carrie and Austin, and the ratings stayed pretty much the same. If we're going to stay neutral and say that couples don't make the show, then the very presence of these characters on screen should have brought back the supposed millions that left the show because of their firing. I'm just hoping that Days stays on the air and doesn't get cancelled.

lysie
Member Avatar

outrageous
Mar 11 2013, 10:53 PM
Honestly at this point all we can hope for is that it ties or goes above GH's ratings. Let's face it: Days will never go above Y&R, and most people don't watch day soaps anymore. They've done everything they could IMO. They brought back John and Marlena, Lucas, Jennifer and Jack, Carrie and Austin, and the ratings stayed pretty much the same. If we're going to stay neutral and say that couples don't make the show, then the very presence of these characters on screen should have brought back the supposed millions that left the show because of their firing. I'm just hoping that Days stays on the air and doesn't get cancelled.
I have no idea how this would be considered neutral. If we wanted to stay neutral, we'd say that it depends on the storytelling. Millions haven't come or left because of firings. Those characters weren't around the last time the show had ratings success. That's really no more the point than couples making or breaking ratings. All of my favorites were in one story last year, and it was one of the worst stories I've ever seen. It wasn't bad because of the characters; it was bad because of the writing. The mere presence of characters is definitely not enough.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply