Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Friday, March 8th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Mar 8 2013, 08:20 AM (10,664 Views)
chinkybig

I thought it was a good touch of old John when he gave that gift to Brady.

And as much as I hate Roman and Marlena pairing, I was kind of satisfied that John saw them hugging. Even though it doesn't mean anything for Marlena, I am sure John knows how Roman feels for her.

I miss the good ole J&M
Online Profile Goto Top

CatherineEarnshaw

I don't care who plays Roman but why is marlena not getting comforted
By anyone but Roman?

The John/Isabella stuff was nauseating. All John has thought abt is Isabella and Brady and not Marlena? You know John the love of your life, your soul mate, which even your late wife realized
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Tammy
Mar 8 2013, 02:05 PM
Dear DAYS Writers,

I HATE YOU!! :flipoff:

xoxo A pissed off John & Marlena Fan

Seriously if they want to go this route, couldn't they put Marlena with ANYONE other then Winston? Abe is available!!!
Seriously!

Victor, Stefano, anyone at this point. I'd rather see Nick and Marlena side-eye each other than this shitfest.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

concerned
Mar 8 2013, 07:01 PM
Tammy
Mar 8 2013, 06:07 PM
BalscoFan5
Mar 8 2013, 06:06 PM
I love Deidre Hall,but she and Josh have the most lack of chemistry than anyone on the show,always have,watching my nails grow is more exciting.
I have come to realize that JT doesn't have chemistry with anyone!!!
He has chemistry with Alison sweeney
I mean romantic chemistry lol. But I am biased because I can't even stand to watch him have a conversation with anyone lmao.
Offline Profile Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Mar 8 2013, 05:05 PM
Today's show was so boring and it included the returns of two fan faves..Stefano and John...
Whew! I'm glad I'm not the only one who was bored today....in fact I was pretty well bored yesterday, too. After the build up at the beginning of the week with Nick and Will and Wilson and the Vargas guy, Thursday and Friday were a real let down for me. I realize that everyday can't be a knock it out the park day, but, seriously, do we have to go that far away from interesting? Today's scenes sure didn't leave me waiting for Monday's show. Dannifer, Chloe, Abby and Chad, Bristen.... blech.
Offline Profile Goto Top

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

La_Laa
Mar 8 2013, 01:52 PM
The show is sooo boring without Wilson :( And I want Chabby together. Dammit!
I agree with you. Just is not interesting without Will and Sonny. Also I am liking Eric and Nicole too.
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

Just finished the eppi, definitely my fave of the week! Patrika Darbo is awesome. I've been wanting her back since the last time Chloe was back, and I'm SO GLAD she finally is! I just wish it was for a longer time :(

Kristen "offering herself" to John was pretty hilarious too. Though I do wonder what Brady would have thought if he heard that, lol.

Stefano! :cheer:

"Fetch" were the lowlight of the eppi, though I agree w/whoever said everyone around them is making this story b/c they totally are. Chloe, Nancy, Ann, NuFarker, even Maxine and Kayla, are what's making this story interesting even though Fetch still isn't catching on and never will.

Edit: also, no Sami added to eppi w/Bristen, Stefano, and Nancy made this a win-win eppi for me.
Edited by blueskies, Mar 8 2013, 09:45 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

I loved John and Isabella together. I know this may be unpopular opinion but i personally will always prefer John with Isabella over John with Marlena.
Online Profile Goto Top

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

magicsteacher
Mar 8 2013, 09:35 PM
LuvingLumi
Today's show was so boring and it included the returns of two fan faves..Stefano and John...
Whew! I'm glad I'm not the only one who was bored today....in fact I was pretty well bored yesterday, too. After the build up at the beginning of the week with Nick and Will and Wilson and the Vargas guy, Thursday and Friday were a real let down for me. I realize that everyday can't be a knock it out the park day, but, seriously, do we have to go that far away from interesting? Today's scenes sure didn't leave me waiting for Monday's show. Dannifer, Chloe, Abby and Chad, Bristen.... blech.
Hopefully next week is better. Yesterday was not too bad but today was Awful.
Offline Profile Goto Top

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

The Room Stops
Mar 8 2013, 08:12 PM
Tammy
Mar 8 2013, 02:05 PM
Dear DAYS Writers,

I HATE YOU!! :flipoff:

xoxo A pissed off John & Marlena Fan

Seriously if they want to go this route, couldn't they put Marlena with ANYONE other then Winston? Abe is available!!!
Seriously!

Victor, Stefano, anyone at this point. I'd rather see Nick and Marlena side-eye each other than this shitfest.
Ugh - Nick makes me sick.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

cord08
Mar 8 2013, 03:10 PM
maverick
Mar 8 2013, 02:37 PM
On a technical note, the lighting was atrocious in today's episode. Nancy looked like she was on a theater stage with her back to the audience (total black in the background) in the scenes with Jennifer. weird trajectory and angling. The closeup shots suck when you do a compare/contrast with other Days episodes pre-2009. Everyone looks so mechanical and robotic, nothing seems to flow organically in scene interactions.

Is it really that hard to get quality storylines for vets on this show. ? Days could learn a few things from GH.

And now Days is 4 months ahead in filming? #ABSOLUTEFAIL
Weren't many of the Days lighting, camera crew, etc. fired late last year? And temps were brought in on a rotating basis? I think that might explain some of the tech issues.
There was that notice about them being laid off as of 12/31/12, but those changes wouldn't take place until sometime in April on screen, if they indeed occurred. So far (in the shows being aired), only cameraman Mike Mecartea has left from the technical crew, but that was due to his retirement in October after 35 years at NBC. There's been no one hired (in the shows airing) full-time to replace Mike as the second main cameraman yet. The credits have been showing all the usual fill-in cameramen being used on a rotating basis (Bill Scott, Hugo Morelli, Barbara Langdon, etc...) Some of the episodes list 6 cameramen in the credits now, since the one episode is taped over a various amount of days, with lots of the fill-ins being used. They don't ever use 6 cameraman to tape the show all at once, just 2 main cameras and sometimes a third or fourth extra camera for big group scenes.
Edited by Jason47, Mar 8 2013, 10:47 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

CatherineEarnshaw

I only liked Isabella when she was jealous of marlena and admitted that she knew John loved Marlena
Offline Profile Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar

The only hope I have for Jennifer is that she has a psychotic break because her bitchiness isn't fun, its ugly. She's just mean.
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Mar 9 2013, 12:45 AM
The only hope I have for Jennifer is that she has a psychotic break because her bitchiness isn't fun, its ugly. She's just mean.
if Kristen helps Chloe convince everyone Jen's crazy, I will skip work and tell them it's b/c of Days. Won't even pretend to be sick.
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

I just realized i forgot to mention Ciara. Cutest scene ever!
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

just rewatching Maxine entering the pub...she's wearing a fur coat that looks remarkably like Nancy's....did she steal it??? Or did Days just buy them at a buy one get one sale?
Edited by blueskies, Mar 9 2013, 08:09 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

PatNS
Member Avatar

Please note: This report is not to be copied and pasted to any other sites. Please link only. Link to summary archive:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/358635/

Director: Albert Alarr
Scriptwriter: Jeanne Marie Ford

Sorry - just a very short post today as we have a very, very busy day planned. In fact I'm only going to post the highlights of today's show.

Highlights
1. Probably most intriguing: Cameron gets a telephone call at the Brady Pub. He asks the person (paraphrasing) - Do we have to talk now, I'm at a party. Okay ... he then goes outside the pub to take the call.

2. Most predicatable moment: Chloe having hysterics when Anne reports that it looks like Dan and Jen are going to kiss. Anne reports back that she stopped the kiss before it happened but they are going to meet at the square to talk. Nancy points out that Chloe can't be the one to break up their reunion - they're on to her ... Nancy will take care of it.

3. Best use of history: Jennifer is not at all happy to see Nancy back in town. Of course Nancy lays it on thick and heavy about how great it is to be back in town helping out Chloe and Daniel at their request. She then tells Jen please tell your brother hi from me Jen gets very angry. Nancy feigns innocence - she thought they had put what happened behind them years ago. She knows she has moved on. Jen reminds her that she went after both her brother and mother bringing up the fact that Nancy drugged Mike and then had a nurse file suit against - she accuses Nancy of destroying Mike's reputation and driving him out of town. Nancy recalls that Mike left because he was having an affair with Austin Reed's wife. Jen starts yelling at her and calling her a liar saying Daniel would never agree to her being the go-between Jen and Chloe. Dan shows up at precisely that moment. Jen is furious when she realises that Nancy was telling the truth. Nancy leaves them. Jen really lays into Dan - she's furious that he refuses to see what Chloe is doing. She's done.

4. Best nice moment: Abby arrives at the square where she's supposed to meet Cameron and recalls her encounter with Chloe. Chad finally gets her attention. He asks if she'd like to have coffee and catch up. She tells him she's meeting someone in a while but she could really use someone to talk to. She tells him that someone said something very terrible to her here and she can't stop thinking about it. Chad doesn't know what was said but he knows it wasn't true. Abby thinks the reason it's bothering her so much is because it is true. She tells him what went down with Chloe. She's upset with herself for forgetting for one second that her Dad died saved her life. Chad points out that her Dad would want her to live her life not be bogged down with guilt. They talk about his mom. He says he likes thinking about her now - as time has past he remembers only the good times. She puts her hand on his just as Cameron arrives. Chad leaves them to their date. Abby tells Cam that she and Chad are friends. She tells him about their conversation. Cam is totally cool with it all.

5. Best funny and teary moments: Funny - Kristen trying to get a rise out of John while Brady is in the living room putting on his belt. Kristen throws up their past in John's face - offers him coffee, tea or me. She continues trying to provoke John but he stays silent. When Brady returns John tells him he's not here to try and talk him out of moving out of the DiMera mansion - he's just here to give him this. He hands him a gift. Brady opens it. John tells him he was in Venice where he took Brady's mom when her time was running out. He took her for a gondola ride. When they were under the Bridge of Sighs Isabella talked about her wishes for her son. Her greatest wish was that he would feel peace just like she was feeling at this moment. He tracked down the gondolier and the guy helped him pry off this plaque from the left side of the gondola just like all those years ago he helped him pry off this one (John pulls out a plaque with the #of the gondolier from his pocket) from the right side. Brady is touched - Kristen is making faces in the background - she doesn't like this. John leaves. After he leaves Brady talks about how he's sure his dad will never accept them as a couple he still thinks they can be family. Kristen is not a happy camper.

6. Best 'drop in' moments: Hope comes into the coffeehouse and sees Marlena staring at her phone - John won't know she wants to talk to him if she doesn't call. Marlena replies - He knows, he doesn't want to talk to me. Hope feels responsible for their separation. Marlena says no the person responsible is Kristen. Marlena played into her hand everytime; she can't blame John for taking out his anger on her. Roman can. Marlena, Roman and Hope talk a bit about John. Roman offers to talk to John. Marlena says no besides even if she did want him to talk to John she doesn't know where John is. Hope is gone. Roman knows what Kristen did to her all those years ago. He's very sympathetic. Marlena is teary eyed talking about John. They hug. Marlena opens her eyes and John is there. In the last segment of the show Stefano's pilot welcomes him back to Salem. Stefano mutters that he's home for good.

7. Best setup to cliffhanger: Back at the pub both Anne and Jen watch Dan pound back a couple of glasses of straight whiskey. Anne reports to Chloe that Daniel left alone drunk. Chloe tells her Mom she's going to Dan. He's drunk and she knows what he likes to do when he's drunk and it's not sleep. Back at the pub Kayla and Maxine gang up on Jen. In the end Maxine just gets Jen's keys from her purse and tells her to go talk to him now. She shows up at Dan's hotel room with his ID tag. She offers to make him her famous remedy for staving off hangovers but he tells her he just wants to sleep. He's going to splash water on his face - she can see herself off. When he's in the washroom Chloe closes the door and removes her coat. When he comes back she has the drink made. Dan is falling over the place. He refuses to drink it. Chloe knows he only drinks when he's upset but she imagines he doesn't want to talk to her about it. No Dan doesn't want to talk. Chloe - You're right, talking is overrated. She kisses him.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

magicsteacher
Mar 8 2013, 09:35 PM
LuvingLumi
I'm personally looking forward to Monday and Tuesday just for my enjoyment and I truly hope that Lumi sets the tone for the rest of the week but I am not sure what is going on...the show was really good around the stuff at the hospital with Wabi, now not so much....I know it's no longer sweeps but it's ridiculous that they can't keep the momentum going....I need sarcoVargas to come out of jail already.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I am madly in love with the evil wickedness that is Nancy and Kristen. That is all :-)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

ladyofthelake
Mar 9 2013, 12:49 PM
I am madly in love with the evil wickedness that is Nancy and Kristen. That is all :-)
Nancy really needs to move back to Salem permanently.
Online Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic