Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Friday, March 8th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Mar 8 2013, 08:20 AM (10,635 Views)
Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

"Now you have a nice plaque. ". A little condescending, Kristen.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jam6242
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
Mar 8 2013, 01:54 PM
jam6242
Mar 8 2013, 01:51 PM
Is that Marla Adams playing the mother? I love her! Now I'm kicking myself for missing this, lol.
It disgusts me that I don't have her time on The Secret Storm at my disposal.
She was fabulous on The Secret Storm!
Online Profile Goto Top

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

I guess Maxine is the Epiphany of days. Only time Epiphany on gh comes out is to give advice.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Floridagirl
Member Avatar

Seriously? I just wish that Dan, Chloe, Jen Jen, and Cam were not on on Friday. It is my only day off :blink:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

today's show was directed by Albert Alarr from a script written by Jeanne Marie Ford (who really seems to be stepping up her game lately)
Offline Profile Goto Top

trojangal
Member Avatar

Wow Days starts in 1 minute can't wait after reading this thread!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

jam6242
Member Avatar

Matt
Mar 8 2013, 01:49 PM
cord08
Mar 8 2013, 01:46 PM
Did Josh Taylor just dye his hair? It looks awful.
I think it's actually a different color every time he's on. lol
It looks as though he's gotten some kind of a weave too. Even though I still don't think of Josh as Roman, I can't bring myself to hate him because I loved him as Chris K.
Online Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

jam6242
Mar 8 2013, 01:58 PM
Bright Eyes
jam6242
Is that Marla Adams playing the mother? I love her! Now I'm kicking myself for missing this, lol.
That amazing 1968 CBS soaps promo on youtube with the clip of Marla as Belle is simply FABULOUS!
Edited by Matt, Mar 8 2013, 02:00 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Finally Stephano is returning home!!
Oh lawd. Chloe planted a kiss on Daniel. It wouldn't surprise me if they did the deed.
Offline Profile Goto Top

trojangal
Member Avatar

Can't way for Nancy giving JenJen a verbal smack down & Kristen ,Brady & John scenes
Offline Profile Goto Top

granolagirl
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
I'm embarrassed for Mary Beth Evans. Jennifer is constantly looking through Kayla so everything she's doing is pointless. Its really horrible.
I'm seriously ready for them to just let her go, so I can stop watching this garbage.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Grandpa Hughes
"Now you have a nice plaque. ". A little condescending, Kristen.
Lol, I don't get why she's so mad. This was part of her "plan" to dump Brady in front of his friends and family.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

jam6242
Bright Eyes
jam6242
Belle was the best soap bitch queen ever.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

Dear DAYS Writers,

I HATE YOU!! :flipoff:

xoxo A pissed off John & Marlena Fan

Seriously if they want to go this route, couldn't they put Marlena with ANYONE other then Winston? Abe is available!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Today's show was really meh. Bristen is an okay concept, but there's just no stakes/drama with Kristen's plan. Chabby have decent chemistry, but this virgin story and horrible NuCam triangle is sucking the life out of them. Jarlena having THIS amount of angst over a couple misunderstandings is just eyeroll worthy. And the best writing was definitely for the Fetch story, but it's completely wasted on the lameass Fetch. Overall, Days is MUCH improved but today just highlighted for me everything that's still wrong with it.
Online Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

granolagirl
Mar 8 2013, 02:02 PM
DiMeraFan67
I'm embarrassed for Mary Beth Evans. Jennifer is constantly looking through Kayla so everything she's doing is pointless. Its really horrible.
I'm seriously ready for them to just let her go, so I can stop watching this garbage.
Katherine Bell might not have been a popular character, by any means, on GH but I would love to see her pop in and haunt Lucy before the Nurses Ball, LOL. Or at least come to her in a nightmare.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

3 pop-up Hope episodes in a week! lol. and we even got to see Ciara. Now that TPTB have figured out how to increase her episode count, can they work on increasing the number of minutes she's on per episode, and also her purpose in her scenes?
Offline Profile Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

IDK. I know it's popular right now to hate on JenJen but I've been actually enjoying her far more lately as she becomes somewhat unhinged as Chloe and Nancy do their snow job. I just wish they'd actually GO SOMEWHERE with JenJen going nuts. That said the writing for Jen has just been so bad over the last few months it's going to take a lot of work to repair her. Maybe I was just nostalgic because of all the history angles today. IDK.

Cameron and Abby are just so boring. Chad and Abby are far more interesting. I wonder which man will eventually get thrown under the 'evil' bus to look like the bad guy, cuz right now, all three are so boring.

Meh at Stefano's return. Honestly, I didn't think it was all that spectacular. Classic, I guess but I feel like his return has been dragging on for years now.

Loved John walking in on Roman and Marlena hugging. I'm not down for a redux here, but any nod to history and I'm in. Sometimes over the years it seems like they were strangers. Yet they share kids. I'm not a huge Taylor-as-Roman fan at all but Roman as a character should have been used more effectively over the years, IMHO.

Kristen was fun as always lol. I loved her little digs and Brady so clueless. As always. The John/Brady scenes were nice. Maybe a bit "much" but at least Drake showed up to work. That was nice.

And am I missing something? (I'm mostly avoiding spoilers) In regards to the hospital stuff. All of a sudden Maxine has the most airtime she's ever been given (I like her, so not complaining, Fetch propping aside of course), we have this new Seth Burns, Cameron on some shady phone call. Um, out of nowhere anyone? Do we know what's going on here?

Poor Mary Beth Evans. Damn. She came back for this? And they cast her son at Christmas yet we haven't seen him since? Kayla CAN exist as a character and still be supporting.

Nancy getting her sly digs in and painting Jennifer as nuts as Daniel walked up was great. Unfortunately, all it really does is make me annoyed Laura and Mike aren't a part of the canvas. And Carrie for that matter. Um "Austin Reed's wife". Why not say her name? That was kinda odd. I have missed Nancy. It also makes me wish Craig were here too. This show needs a real budget.

And I saved the worst for last. Shawn Christian. I think he's a terrible actor. Godawful today in trying to play drunk. I'm also tired of his breathy exhales and ... ugh. I actually think Christian sounds like a fun guy and I normally don't 'hate' so hard but I'm just over his character. I really am. It's time to cut their losses here.
Edited by KMan101, Mar 8 2013, 02:16 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

granolagirl
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Mar 8 2013, 02:06 PM
granolagirl
Mar 8 2013, 02:02 PM
DiMeraFan67
Katherine Bell might not have been a popular character, by any means, on GH but I would love to see her pop in and haunt Lucy before the Nurses Ball, LOL. Or at least come to her in a nightmare.
Loved her on GH! She had a lot of background with Lucy, but also Scotty, Kevin, etc. I'm sure they'd use her better than this.

I'm really pissed off today after seeing them make moves toward giving Maxine more, and Nancy, and treating Kayla like wallpaper. Days is great if you loved the 90's -- and I watched then, too, and enjoyed it. But as a fan of a lot of characters who were established in the 80's, it's giving me nothing on that front right now. Carlivati has shown on GH, you don't have to choose.
Offline Profile Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

And in 'hating Jen' I guess I should say it's not 'popular to hate on her' but it is kinda fun. Not gonna lie in that regard lol.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic