Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Friday, March 8th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Mar 8 2013, 08:20 AM (10,548 Views)
KMan101
Member Avatar

Matt
Mar 8 2013, 01:59 PM
today's show was directed by Albert Alarr from a script written by Jeanne Marie Ford (who really seems to be stepping up her game lately)
Hmm. Wow. Kudos to her then. I've been kinda 'meh' to her scripts. She's not bad but yeah, definitely stepping up her game.

I really need to send all of the scriptwriters letters of appreciation because without them ... I'm scared to think what we would get.

I just wanna know who 'flipped the switch' in January for us to get such a fantastic turnaround?
Edited by KMan101, Mar 8 2013, 02:21 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Mar 8 2013, 02:05 PM
And the best writing was definitely for the Fetch story, but it's completely wasted on the lameass Fetch.
I am so clueless, what is Fetch? What am I missing? lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Matt
today's show was directed by Albert Alarr from a script written by Jeanne Marie Ford (who really seems to be stepping up her game lately)
It was a really good script. The issues with today's show are all on the HWs and their storylines for these characters.
Offline Profile Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Mar 8 2013, 02:22 PM
Matt
It was a really good script. The issues with today's show are all on the HWs and their storylines for these characters.
Yup. Completely agree.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Tammy
Mar 8 2013, 02:20 PM
tomsawyer
Mar 8 2013, 02:05 PM
And the best writing was definitely for the Fetch story, but it's completely wasted on the lameass Fetch.
I am so clueless, what is Fetch? What am I missing? lol
It's our new name for Dannifer. Remember the line from Mean Girls where Regina tells Gretchen that she needs to "stop trying to make fetch happen"? Well TPTB need to stop trying to make Dannifer happen.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Glad to see Stefano has returned to Salem. He's been gone for too long.

So is Cameron being blackmailed by someone and he has to write prescriptions for them? Otherwise he's nothing but a pretty face with some nice abs.

Chad and Abby are a much more interesting couple than either of them have experienced in the past year.

Nancy's conversation with Jennifer was the highlight of the show for me. She sweetly and innocently kept digging those verbal daggers deep inside Jennifer and it was so much fun to watch. Chloe has failed to make Dannifer interesting so let Nancy give it her best shot.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Mar 8 2013, 01:44 PM
NuCameron, please stop.
I'm ashamed to have read this as "please strip" at first.
Offline Profile Goto Top

trojangal
Member Avatar

So many mentions today Yay! Isabella, Mike, Carrie, Jack, Laura , Craig & the show is only at the :30 mark
Offline Profile Goto Top

maverick
Member Avatar

On a technical note, the lighting was atrocious in today's episode. Nancy looked like she was on a theater stage with her back to the audience (total black in the background) in the scenes with Jennifer. weird trajectory and angling. The closeup shots suck when you do a compare/contrast with other Days episodes pre-2009. Everyone looks so mechanical and robotic, nothing seems to flow organically in scene interactions.

Is it really that hard to get quality storylines for vets on this show. ? Days could learn a few things from GH.

And now Days is 4 months ahead in filming? #ABSOLUTEFAIL
Offline Profile Goto Top

trojangal
Member Avatar

Haha Jen you are being such a pissy little witch at Maxine's party . Get over yourself !
Was this whole Nurses Award party to Prop Fetch ?
Offline Profile Goto Top

PatNS
Member Avatar

Hmm ... just who called Cameron at the pub and what did that person need to talk to him about that was so urgent it couldn't wait.

Wonderful moment between father and son today - John and Brady, too bad it won't last.

The Nancy, Chloe, Ann. Dan, Jen thing shifted into high gear today courtesy of Nancy.

I enjoyed the Chad / Abby scenes - colour me surprised!
Offline Profile Goto Top

trojangal
Member Avatar

KMan101
Mar 8 2013, 02:20 PM
Matt
Hmm. Wow. Kudos to her then. I've been kinda 'meh' to her scripts. She's not bad but yeah, definitely stepping up her game.

I really need to send all of the scriptwriters letters of appreciation because without them ... I'm scared to think what we would get.

I just wanna know who 'flipped the switch' in January for us to get such a fantastic turnaround?
While I still loathe Dannifer & Jen especially I agree something has changed
in the writing & feel of Days since the new year started.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

six
Mar 8 2013, 02:29 PM
Panda Panda
Mar 8 2013, 01:44 PM
NuCameron, please stop.
I'm ashamed to have read this as "please strip" at first.
He can do that too
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

Seriously tptb if you want to break up J&M can you hook Marlena up with ANYone else? Abe, Dan, hell even Victor I don't care. Have her cuddle up to Stefano, that would piss John off. Just for the love of all that's holy, NOT Winston! :pray:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I thought the show was dull today. The Nancy and Jennifer scenes were alright, but I was bored with the rest. This Dannifer storyline sucks and Nadia's acting is awful.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Angie79
Mar 8 2013, 03:00 PM
I thought the show was dull today. The Nancy and Jennifer scenes were alright, but I was bored with the rest. This Dannifer storyline sucks and Nadia's acting is awful.
I enjoyed a few things. I liked the Brady/John scenes talking about Isabella and I liked Kristen's minor digs, but they were funny. I really enjoyed the first scenes between Kristen and John, but they were so brief.

I LOVE that Stefano is back in town and they actually made his entrance feel like a big deal so hopefully they will be using him properly.

And I loved Nancy. I totally agree with Nadia's acting being almost unwatchable. Today was a really weak episode, IMO. Minus what I mentioned above.
Online Profile Goto Top

annie21

Tammy
Mar 8 2013, 02:55 PM
Seriously tptb if you want to break up J&M can you hook Marlena up with ANYone else? Abe, Dan, hell even Victor I don't care. Have her cuddle up to Stefano, that would piss John off. Just for the love of all that's holy, NOT Winston! :pray:
Sadly, even if they bothered to listen to your plea, which I doubt, they would have had to hear it about 4-5 months ago for it to have had any effect. :(
Offline Profile Goto Top

cord08

maverick
Mar 8 2013, 02:37 PM
On a technical note, the lighting was atrocious in today's episode. Nancy looked like she was on a theater stage with her back to the audience (total black in the background) in the scenes with Jennifer. weird trajectory and angling. The closeup shots suck when you do a compare/contrast with other Days episodes pre-2009. Everyone looks so mechanical and robotic, nothing seems to flow organically in scene interactions.

Is it really that hard to get quality storylines for vets on this show. ? Days could learn a few things from GH.

Weren't many of the Days lighting, camera crew, etc. fired late last year? And temps were brought in on a rotating basis? I think that might explain some of the tech issues.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

maverick
Mar 8 2013, 02:37 PM
This really cannot be emphasized enough. It is beyond absurd.
Offline Profile Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

Watching this episode today, I'm wondering how this show has gotten by without Eileen Davidson all these years. When Kristen let her dress slip, I was literally laughing out loud.

And another note, Nancy screwing with Jennifer's head is FLAWLESS. Patrika Darbo is fantastic! I gotta hand it to TPTB. They know they have a dud in Dannifer, but they are using the most entertaining characters to drive their story. Anne and Nancy are just too fun for words.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic