Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R To Amp Up Sex, Romance and Intrigue!
Topic Started: Mar 8 2013, 11:54 AM (1,786 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

‘The Young and the Restless’ To Amp Up Sex, Romance and Intrigue!
By Kambra Clifford | Thursday, March 7, 2013 @ 5:20 PM

Tuesday, March 26 marks the 40th anniversary of “The Young and the Restless’” very first episode, and in celebration, the show is offering up plenty of special glimpses into its iconic past. For starters, the soap’s official website currently features 40th Anniversary photo galleries and videos, and there’s an option for fans to answer trivia questions for a chance to win a VIP trip to Los Angeles to tour the set and attend the show’s on-set Anniversary event. But as Angelica McDaniel, the Senior Vice President of CBS Daytime, says: The show’s 40th Anniversary is also the perfect opportunity to start focusing on what’s ahead.

“It’s a great time to start looking toward the future and the next generation and what ‘Y&R’ is going to look like for the next 40 years,” she stated at a press event last week, adding that new and young stars like Robert Adamson (Noah Newman), Lamon Archey (Mason Wilder), Steve Burton (Dylan McAvoy), Angell Conwell (Leslie Michaelson), Marco Dapper (Carmine Basco), Max Ehrich (Fenmore Baldwin), Hunter King (Summer Newman), Ignacio Serricchio (Alex Chavez) and Redaric Williams (Tyler Michaelson) will help the show continue to thrive and maintain the Number One Daytime Drama title it’s held since 1988. “[These actors have come in] to supplement the amazing talent that we already have and take us to the next level.”

But what exactly is in store for these faces, as well as for other characters like Victor Newman (Eric Braeden), Sharon Newman (Sharon Case), Phyllis Summers (Michelle Stafford), Ashley Abbott (Eileen Davidson) and Nicholas Newman (Joshua Morrow)?

Headwriter Josh Griffith is notorious for keeping mum about future story details, but he did offer up a little preview of what’s to come for the 40th Anniversary and beyond. “We’ve just been warming up,” he teased for reporters. “And we’re going to get hotter, sexier, more romantic, more intriguing and more suspenseful as the months go by.”

SoapOperaNetwork
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

It's very telling that in a press release about the show's 40th anniversary, the focus is on the people who've been on for about ten minutes.
Edited by Grandpa Hughes, Mar 8 2013, 04:23 PM.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Amping up Sex Romance and Intrigue by JG?? From the "warm up" we've seen so far, I am afraid...VERY afraid of what's to come :run:

metitle
Member Avatar

So the show is evolving.
let me just and wait and see what that mean.
because I think I read stories like that before and we still have Shadam.

Checkers
Member Avatar

I need to see it to believe it. Because this show has hardly been sexy. The love scenes are lame.

Soapwatcher

All newbies, they're going to be the face of the show, just like the rest of the shows, change all the cast, get rid of the old and familiar, I agree it is called the YOUNG and the restless, and the cast is aging, but to suddenly throw all of these characters and actors we've seen over the years just so Jilly can bring on her Hollywood Heights cast well gang don't be surprised if the show is off by this time next year I hope not but the people who have watched it from day one will not go for people they don't know. I started back when the Brooks and Fosters were on, when Chris and Snapper were trying to get married when Jill wanted to be rich and famous and worked for the Chancellors and got rich anyway, Greg had not even met Nikki yet believe it or not, There was no Abbotts or Williams on yet, they did improve the show, but they kept the Chancellors and Fosters on for a while until we got used to Nikki, Paul, John and Jack, they just didn't throw out Stuart and Jennifer Brooks or the Brooks girls just so they could have the newbies at that time on, Liz and Snapper and Greg stayed on for a long time, Jack was introduced through Peggy Brooks, they had gone to high school together, btw Steve Burton is old too, he's no young stud and really I can't see any of those guys being the hot interesting studs or what few woman there is no hot interesting what would you call them studessess?

Dart180
Member Avatar

:sleep:
So far I am underwhelmed and un-impressed.
All I see is JFP and JG turning this show into Hollywood Heights daytime! :flipoff:

natdot99
Member Avatar

Dart180
Mar 9 2013, 07:33 AM
:sleep:
So far I am underwhelmed and un-impressed.
All I see is JFP and JG turning this show into Hollywood Heights daytime! :flipoff:
What is the Hollywood Heights shoe main theme all about and why are the writers trying to morph the Y&R into its clone :frustration:

queenmoe06
Member Avatar

Daytime
Mar 8 2013, 11:54 AM
‘The Young and the Restless’ To Amp Up Sex, Romance and Intrigue!
By Kambra Clifford | Thursday, March 7, 2013 @ 5:20 PM

Tuesday, March 26 marks the 40th anniversary of “The Young and the Restless’” very first episode, and in celebration, the show is offering up plenty of special glimpses into its iconic past. For starters, the soap’s official website currently features 40th Anniversary photo galleries and videos, and there’s an option for fans to answer trivia questions for a chance to win a VIP trip to Los Angeles to tour the set and attend the show’s on-set Anniversary event. But as Angelica McDaniel, the Senior Vice President of CBS Daytime, says: The show’s 40th Anniversary is also the perfect opportunity to start focusing on what’s ahead.

“It’s a great time to start looking toward the future and the next generation and what ‘Y&R’ is going to look like for the next 40 years,” she stated at a press event last week, adding that new and young stars like Robert Adamson (Noah Newman), Lamon Archey (Mason Wilder), Steve Burton (Dylan McAvoy), Angell Conwell (Leslie Michaelson), Marco Dapper (Carmine Basco), Max Ehrich (Fenmore Baldwin), Hunter King (Summer Newman), Ignacio Serricchio (Alex Chavez) and Redaric Williams (Tyler Michaelson) will help the show continue to thrive and maintain the Number One Daytime Drama title it’s held since 1988. “[These actors have come in] to supplement the amazing talent that we already have and take us to the next level.”

But what exactly is in store for these faces, as well as for other characters like Victor Newman (Eric Braeden), Sharon Newman (Sharon Case), Phyllis Summers (Michelle Stafford), Ashley Abbott (Eileen Davidson) and Nicholas Newman (Joshua Morrow)?

Headwriter Josh Griffith is notorious for keeping mum about future story details, but he did offer up a little preview of what’s to come for the 40th Anniversary and beyond. “We’ve just been warming up,” he teased for reporters. “And we’re going to get hotter, sexier, more romantic, more intriguing and more suspenseful as the months go by.”

SoapOperaNetwork
:censored: These Hack ass bitches couldn't WRITE their way out of a wet paper bag, let along give us "Intrigue"!! :badmood:

:flipoff: :moon: Kiss my ass Wanna-be writers!!! :moon:

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Quote:

btw Steve Burton is old too, he's no young stud and

Yeah, he's 42, he's ready for a nursing home! :D
I find him extremely sexy, sexier than the wet behind the ears younger guys.
Carmine is about as sexy as a moldy dishrag, he needs some "old" guy to show him the ropes. lol

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

The sexiest old guy on Y&R isn't on there anymore. He's on B&B now but I don't watch that very often. I miss Brad Carlton soooooo much.

Doug Davidson is still cute and was really cute when he was younger. I saw him in some late night movie years ago he was wearing a lot of plad and I don't remember the storyline. His chest was really hairy though. :D

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

IMO Brad Carlton is sexy as heck, but not old.
Eric Braeden is old, and still sexy as hell.
Doug Davidson is still fine.
Edited by bellajewel, Mar 10 2013, 12:50 AM.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I was using old loosely based on previous posts in this thread.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

I would love to practice CPR on Steve Burton. That chest, those lips. Save ME Steve :makeout:

Soapwatcher

I never said Carmine was sexy hell no, I'm just saying Steve Burton is no young one, really when it comes right down to it none of them are sexy, hell no way is Victor sexy old or young, his personality ruins it for him in fact when he first came on the show I thought he was uglier than sin, Doug Davidson is okay, I like Doug and the character of Paul, but I don't find him sexy, sorry I have the right to my opinion and while it disagrees with all of you its my opinion. btw I'll never see my forties or fifties again, so 42 isn't ancient I'm nearing 70 (oh how I hate to say that but the alternative is death so I'll take my seventies) so I could have a child 42 or older no it isn't old (depends on the side you're seeing it from) but Steve Burton is no young stud okay for you fans he's an old stud or in your opinion a stud anyway.
Edited by Soapwatcher, Mar 10 2013, 08:59 AM.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

BlissfulLily
Mar 10 2013, 08:01 AM
I would love to practice CPR on Steve Burton. That chest, those lips. Save ME Steve :makeout:
well if you change your name to Sharon...................................... lol

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Soapwatcher
Mar 10 2013, 08:55 AM
I never said Carmine was sexy hell no, I'm just saying Steve Burton is no young one, really when it comes right down to it none of them are sexy, hell no way is Victor sexy old or young, his personality ruins it for him in fact when he first came on the show I thought he was uglier than sin, Doug Davidson is okay, I like Doug and the character of Paul, but I don't find him sexy, sorry I have the right to my opinion and while it disagrees with all of you its my opinion. btw I'll never see my forties or fifties again, so 42 isn't ancient I'm nearing 70 (oh how I hate to say that but the alternative is death so I'll take my seventies) so I could have a child 42 or older no it isn't old (depends on the side you're seeing it from) but Steve Burton is no young stud okay for you fans he's an old stud or in your opinion a stud anyway.
nobody said you said carmine was sexy, you just said steve was old, maybe to someone 18 he is, but not to grown women, I was just pointing out that even though carmine is young, he is not sexy, he's creepy and clumsy.
I didn't think victor was sexy or good looking in his younger years, I find him very attractive & sexy now.
I didn't know there was a cutoff age when a person was no longer sexy/studly. lol
Of course you are entitled to your opinion, you gave us yours, we're giving you ours. ;)

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Quote:

well if you change your name to Sharon...................................... lol

Sammie, you wounded me. (dragging myself away from the blood.)
Edited by BlissfulLily, Mar 10 2013, 02:30 PM.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
Mar 10 2013, 11:06 AM
BlissfulLily
Mar 10 2013, 08:01 AM
At this rate it will be Chelsea tasting those lips before Sharon. Avery already got her turn on the carousel lol

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply