Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GH: Chris Robinson is back as Rick Webber
Topic Started: Mar 11 2013, 09:22 AM (1,579 Views)
dragonflies
Member Avatar

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Chris-Robinson-General-Hospital-1062549.aspx
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Good! Hopefully Denise Alexander(Leslie Webber) will also return. :)

Tammy
Member Avatar

Good grief they seem to be bringing back every actor ever on this show, if they are still alive!

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

No matter what Carlivati says in the interview, I hope he cleans up the absolute mess a previous regime made of Rick Weber. That was a disgrace. I don't even mind another back from the dead situation after AJ. And I hope Rick doesn't turn up as a ghost visiting Monica. It's too bad that bringing Alan back would be pushing it. Damned hacks left a lot of damage to repair in their wake.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm not even a longtime GH fan, and I can still appreciate all Carlivati is trying to do. Especially with this move. I wasn't watching at the time of Rick Webber's murder, but I know many longtime fans were opposed to the decision. Carlivati "fixing" that proves how much of a fan of soap operas he is. I just love this man, and his collaboration with Valentini.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Shut the front door! Fantastic News!

cscarly

why dont we change the name gh to back to the past since all they want bring back is from 1978 to 1995 really how many people watch gh since then very few , people watch gh now are from the years 1996 to present why we care see people we dont like to see
while there nik sarah courtney gia jax morgan ric lansing these actors should be on show they brag saying brenda and sonny boosted show so false the years that story aint up was in 2002 and 2003 . brenda dead for 5 years so fans wanted see her alive plus u had carson journey liric skye and jax many couples helped show wasnt all brenda sure wasnt sonny and brenda . brenda more with jax than sonny .

dragonflies
Member Avatar

Please just STOP, thanks

Tammy
Member Avatar

cscarly
Mar 11 2013, 03:24 PM
why dont we change the name gh to back to the past since all they want bring back is from 1978 to 1995 really how many people watch gh since then very few , people watch gh now are from the years 1996 to present why we care see people we dont like to see
while there nik sarah courtney gia jax morgan ric lansing these actors should be on show they brag saying brenda and sonny boosted show so false the years that story aint up was in 2002 and 2003 . brenda dead for 5 years so fans wanted see her alive plus u had carson journey liric skye and jax many couples helped show wasnt all brenda sure wasnt sonny and brenda . brenda more with jax than sonny .
There are a great many viewers who know and love these characters and are GLAD they are coming back for a short stint!

Mason
Member Avatar

cscarly
Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but I only started watching GH a little over a year ago, and I'm thrilled by all the old faces that have been and continue to be showing up. IMO, most (if not all) of these characters are the ones that should have been around all this time in the first place.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

Well I've been watching GH forever, since back to the Steve Hardy and Audrey and Jessie days when I was little watching with my Mom and I am loving every minute of them bringing back these vets. They are honoring 50 years of GH and what better way to honor it then with blasts from the pasts like this. Keep them coming is all I have to say!

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

cscarly

Who is this "we" you speak of?

I don't have a problem with who they are bringing back. I've never really seen Rick Webber on the show since I never watched regularly until I started doing so last year. I tried watching off and on during the years most of the characters you mentioned were on and just couldn't do it. I didn't get to see the last time they brought this Rick back but I remember reading about it in SOD.

I think I understood the gist of your post in that your unhappy with everyone they've brought back and are bringing back.

Also, going into the past and working current stories into past ones has been done on soaps for forever. Sometimes it will be done with people you like and sometimes it won't but as long as soaps last it will always happen.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

I loved, all the vets. who come, back to the show, and it has, made the show. Very, interesting.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

The show was a ratings powerhouse when many of these characters were front and center. ABC has been promoting the anniversary with a tie in book which is a book featured in a storyline as well as the PEOPLE MAGAZINE special GH anniversary issue . I have no illusions that this will bring back millions of viewers. There could though be a significant number of lapsed audience members who might be curious to see their old favorites.
Edited by Grandpa Hughes, Mar 11 2013, 05:46 PM.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

I have watched GH on and off since the early 90's. There are some of the coming back characters I don't know particularly but am willing to give a chance. What I like what RC/FV are doing this that they are making it work for the overall story. So many times we hear about characters coming back to shows. Then when they show up it makes no sense or they just sit there and do nothing.

tylerbo20

Sean and Tiffany and Lois need to be the next names we hear returning for the 50th.

dragonflies
Member Avatar

not many have problems with these characters returning and anyone who would argue otherwise needs to look at ratings and demos, they've gone up with vets front and center, unlike when the unholy trinity was dominating

SchaNich
Member Avatar

I watched GH almost from the beginning and have just started watching again. Love having the vets return even if only for short stints.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Would be shocked if Lois happened. Rena Sofer just tweeted a couple weeks ago that she doesn't think she could work with Wally Kurth anymore and its something she would have to think about. Silly as hell to me. But Ned is way way way more important than Lois. I would love to see Lois and Brenda once again and obviously Ned and Lois, but Lois without Ned is a useless character.

dragonflies
Member Avatar

bring back Lesli Kay as Lois.

If Kristina can work with Jack, I think Rena could likely work with Wally and who says they'd even have scenes together

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply