Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Monday, March 11th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Mar 11 2013, 09:28 AM (14,859 Views)
LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Aliaron
Mar 12 2013, 12:33 AM
AFaithL
Mar 11 2013, 10:11 PM
TreasureCove
Mar 11 2013, 10:05 PM
Are the Safe fans happy with that?
Well 2 out of 3 ain't bad. ;)
Only one fanbase is happy. Everyone else is still getting screwed
Yeah, a shipper wants their ship together, period.
Online Profile Goto Top

elci525
Member Avatar

Aliaron
Mar 12 2013, 12:39 AM
SoapGal1
Mar 11 2013, 10:39 PM
Keith
Mar 11 2013, 10:26 PM
JamaicanBeauty7
Mar 11 2013, 08:49 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepPosted Image
It is, bar none, the best balance of Sami and her men I have seen since 2007. She's finally made a decision between Lucas and EJ that makes some sense, and Rafe is more or less a civil nonentity. I find myself actually liking Sami right now.
YES!!!

It seems like her whole merry-go-round of men finally has fallen into place & it's working beautifully.

Rafe is a nonentity. I think we're seeing it by how well things are flowing together & making sense now.

I'm liking Sami more now than I have in YEARS.
A couple of scenes dont make a storyline. And since I think sami's relationship with Ej is the worse out of all. And her relationship with Rafe doesn't make much sense either. And to tell the trith Lumi really don't have any real relationship on this show To say this is the best is basically. Pure B S.
Agreed, I mean - c'mon on now. A scene is not a relationship. That is like saying because Same and Lucas are Will's parents that they work great as co-parents, even if we actually don't really ever see them work together as parents (yesterday notwithstanding, as that was a rare recent glimpse, and another reason why Monday's scenes made me happy). And I don't think a snarky buddy buddy relationship with Lucas alone makes any kind of sense, so that doesn't work for me. LOL, but I am a shipper, so there's that. And I totally realize beggars can't be choosers, so I will take what I am spared (esp. if it's thoroughly enjoyable bits like yesterday). But this is not a perfect version of a Lumi relationship imo, and it's also not really a "relationship" based on one or two scenes. But if we get more with the two of them together, then I will reconsider what the show is trying to establish as a current relationship for Lumi. I'd be pretty grateful, in a way, if the show actually takes the time to establish such a thing.
Edited by elci525, Mar 12 2013, 11:03 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Keith
Member Avatar

elci525
Mar 12 2013, 10:48 AM
Aliaron
SoapGal1
Keith
Mar 11 2013, 10:26 PM

YES!!!

It seems like her whole merry-go-round of men finally has fallen into place & it's working beautifully.

Rafe is a nonentity. I think we're seeing it by how well things are flowing together & making sense now.

I'm liking Sami more now than I have in YEARS.
A couple of scenes dont make a storyline. And since I think sami's relationship with Ej is the worse out of all. And her relationship with Rafe doesn't make much sense either. And to tell the trith Lumi really don't have any real relationship on this show To say this is the best is basically. Pure B S.
Agreed, I mean - c'mon on now. A scene is not a relationship. That is like saying because Same and Lucas are Will's parents that they work great as co-parents, even if we actually don't really ever see them work together as parents (yesterday notwithstanding, as that was a rare recent glimpse, and another reason why Monday's scenes made me happy). And I don't think a snarky buddy buddy relationship with Lucas alone makes any kind of sense, so that doesn't work for me. But, I realize beggars can't be choosers, so I will take what I am spared. But this is not a perfect version of a Lumi relationship imo, and it's also not really a "relationship" based on one or two scenes. But if we get more with the two of them together, then I will reconsider what the show is trying to establish as a current relationship for Lumi.
I think the point of the original poster said, and which I agreed with, is this would be a fantastic balance for all three of her men. If she's going to be with EJ, we need to see her bad girl side - not her false heroine BS. If we're going to see her with Lucas, they need to have scheming banter. Etc. Obviously, each fanbase wants romance for their ship. Giving them those crumbs has turned Sami into glorified whore. I'd prefer these crumbs - and for them to actually solidify their relationships in this way. No more back and forth, just adult relationships, and adult stories within the realities of these dynamics. We've seen more of the real Sami in the past week than we have in years (which also explains her dynamic with Rafe now). It is unlikely to stay like that - she hasn't had consistent writing in years - but I would like it to.

I was always a Sami fan first, and I loved watching her fail due to her failings being a schemer. I loved Lucas and Sami all through the 90s like many LUMIs but my issue was once they were a couple, especially post-Reilly, they failed to write for LUMI. They forgot just about everything that made them work together as enemies, friends, and schemers for over ten years. When EJ came along, I appreciated what they gave to Sami through him. He was a wicked man seeking a wicked woman. Then Sami ceased to be wicked. The balance of her relationships have been wrong since 2006.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Aliaron
To say this is the best is basically. Pure B S.
Here's the thing though, it's the opinion of some of us here that this is the best Sami we've seen in awhile.

It's no more "pure BS" than the opinions that the story stinks.

Or Sami sucks.
Offline Profile Goto Top

elci525
Member Avatar

Keith
Mar 12 2013, 11:06 AM
elci525
Aliaron
SoapGal1

Agreed, I mean - c'mon on now. A scene is not a relationship. That is like saying because Same and Lucas are Will's parents that they work great as co-parents, even if we actually don't really ever see them work together as parents (yesterday notwithstanding, as that was a rare recent glimpse, and another reason why Monday's scenes made me happy). And I don't think a snarky buddy buddy relationship with Lucas alone makes any kind of sense, so that doesn't work for me. But, I realize beggars can't be choosers, so I will take what I am spared. But this is not a perfect version of a Lumi relationship imo, and it's also not really a "relationship" based on one or two scenes. But if we get more with the two of them together, then I will reconsider what the show is trying to establish as a current relationship for Lumi.
I think the point of the original poster said, and which I agreed with, is this would be a fantastic balance for all three of her men. If she's going to be with EJ, we need to see her bad girl side - not her false heroine BS. If we're going to see her with Lucas, they need to have scheming banter. Etc. Obviously, each fanbase wants romance for their ship. Giving them those crumbs has turned Sami into glorified whore. I'd prefer these crumbs - and for them to actually solidify their relationships in this way. No more back and forth, just adult relationships, and adult stories within the realities of these dynamics. We've seen more of the real Sami in the past week than we have in years (which also explains her dynamic with Rafe now). It is unlikely to stay like that - she hasn't had consistent writing in years - but I would like it to.

I was always a Sami fan first, and I loved watching her fail due to her failings being a schemer. I loved Lucas and Sami all through the 90s like many LUMIs but my issue was once they were a couple, especially post-Reilly, they failed to write for LUMI. They forgot just about everything that made them work together as enemies, friends, and schemers for over ten years. When EJ came along, I appreciated what they gave to Sami through him. He was a wicked man seeking a wicked woman. Then Sami ceased to be wicked. The balance of her relationships have been wrong since 2006.
That's fine - I understood all 110% (and I also agree about post-Reilly Lumi in a way, although I was always pretty much a crazed fan). I don't think this is the best possible Lumi dynamic so I was just speaking up for the POV. Crazed fan that I am.

I get it, should it seem like the need for balance for Sami and her relationships is lost on me. I completely agree now that the merry-go-round is over, we are allowed new interesting stories and different relationships. This was the only silver lining for me in the idea of Sami being with EJ for now. That burden was doing Sami and story lines in general no favors. Romantic crumbs can be temporarily nice, but might do more harm than good. I just am not ready to say this is the established dynamic for Lumi the show is going with just yet.

Though not my personal ideal, the scheming and the banter we saw Monday is still a pretty fine Lumi dynamic, and my main point (not my secondary shipper "point") was to say that the scenes yesterday did not a relationship make. Or the scenes yesterday and Lumi's first scene post wedding reveal do not a relationship or solid dynamic make. That is all. If this is kept up on any sort of semi regular basis, then I will reconsider as I say. And if this is how the show wants to write Lumi, then fine. But as wonderful as yesterday's scenes were for me, and as well-written and in-character as they were, it was a day of scenes. I am not expecting Lucas and Sami to have a storyline or scenes in every/most episode(s) - I am not that delusional. I am just hoping that if this is their writing, then they get this writing on some consistentish basis, so that I can say the show is showing a relationship between them or that it's a dynamic falling into place.

And I am not saying this to get into a debate about how little airtime Lumi get no they get plenty of airtime you will never be satisfied argument. I am only saying that a day of scenes is not enough to solidify for me a current dynamic or relationship established between Lucas and Sami. If this is the direction the show wants to take, I'll take it - I just want to see it. And if I do, I will agree that the balance between the Sami-men dynamics a) exists; but more importantly b) is well-observed and a wiser way to handle the EX-cess baggage than has previously been attempted.

Edited by elci525, Mar 12 2013, 12:08 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

aimees76
Member Avatar

elci525
Mar 12 2013, 05:46 AM
I am a little late to the party, but ohmigod you guys, I am at a loss for breath right now, I am not sure I can get my words together, the room is spinning a little -

BUT LUMI WERE ABSOLUTE HEAVEN TODAY!!!!

I am going to go emoticon crazy because I haven't had much reason to in a long time: :wub2: :wub: :cheer: :cloud9: :D :)

Those scenes were made of awesome. Made of win. Made of the aurora borealis. Made of everything that is good about this life.

So I am going to gush about them because I have had so little to be thrilled about. I was thisclose to calming my fangirl, to shutting that door for a little awhile, but then I am thrown this crumb - b/c a crumb it is - smothered in delicious history and off the charts Lumi chem, and I am suckered in again.

They were fantastic - the scenes, the actors, the characters. Oh, how I have missed scheming Lumi. It made me feel 13 and with a full, not yet broken heart all over again. Why did the writers ever veer from this dynamic? Even within romantic Lumi, while those years were wonderful, I am not sure why Lumi weren't kept schemers. Growth and evolution is great, and I liked that - but when you have such a fantastic foundation for these two, why would anyone think throwing it out the window was a good idea?

I loved Sami signalling to Lucas in the HTS. I absolutely HATED HATED her pink streak. Oh jeez Sami - it made her look old and out of touch but desperately trying to be in touch. Gross. Did love her lipstick though - peaches and neutrals are best for her. And Lucas was looking very yummy today. And was overall extra perfection.

But I loved the banter, the working together, the trip down memory lane going through the case files, the way I swear Lucas had this "aww that's my girl" expression when he saw the equipment Sami brought for their break-in. Loved the snarky and the friendly and the chemistry that will ALWAYS be there for me. I personally don't understand the talk of Lumi best as BFF's - I swear for me there is a deeper connection in everything they do. Frenemy is just a surface layer for something much more interesting and exciting simmering underneath the surface. I will never be fully satisfied with anything less than my dream scenario for these two - I need them back together! LOL but realistically, if friends is what I get, then friends is what I'll take. They turn everything into magic. And I really did not expect this much Lumi time working for their son in the aftermath of the baby reveal. So I am very thrilled. Sad for my own reasons, but still thrilled :wub2:

OK - rant over.
I heart this post so much :wub2: :wub2: Particularly the bolded, lol. :blowkiss:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Keith
elci525
Aliaron
SoapGal1

the problem since than ej became fully sami abuser while sami was his victim most of the time sami was consider all 6 years like heroine
they can not act like the last 6 years never happen[something i wish i it would]
they need Process from writing her heroine one not not one

if sami need someone wicked it can not be ej because everthing happen with writers refusal to deal with that instead they trying to make it go away if have to be someone new

i can see why sami as character
would want any of her men[as character minus the history]
none of them far fetch as

the problem it the how
Edited by Partnersincrime, Mar 12 2013, 12:03 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Keith
elci525
Aliaron
SoapGal1

On bolded and isn't that the biggest travesty...because we know that Sami isn't 'really' wicked...she was bad, but she still cared about how people felt about her, or at the very least she had some kind of moral compass that was displayed through certain traits, (not being a cheater-being one of them). Her and Lucas were bad apples trying to be good. When Ej came along, I never saw a good bone in his body, he was pure sinister, a sociopath who has very little remorse for anything he did. Sami and Lucas could have schemed together from the point of them falling in love, they didn't need to bring someone else to do that with her, especially when the majority of the audience at that time got to watch the story slowly come to fruition over years, and it made damn more sense that what it does now with Ej simply because of the foundation of what Lumi had in the beginning.

The problem I find is that they have to take Sami into a very, very dark place to be able to mesh with Ej and that is never who she's been...because unlike Ej, she cares.....I hope that the story we are seeing leads her to a realization that she can't be with Ej because she doesn't like who she becomes when she's with him, and she has the same realization about Rafe. She has a perfect balance of both her good/bad worlds with Lucas and that is a shame that they have never been able to capitalize on that dynamic after they became a couple because they wanted to showcase them in a different way regardless of the history they showcased.
Online Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Keith
elci525
Aliaron
SoapGal1

If I was gif fluent, you'd get a standing ovation gif for this post. As it is, you will have to accept a humble :hail: from my technologically-challenged self.

Obviously not all three of Sami's shipper fanbases will be happy at the same time, so trying to please all does no good. But what I love about her relationships with all three of her exes right now is that the dynamics makes sense and bring out the best aspects of each character IMO. As of last week, each character seems like themselves and their relationships with each other are natural. And when the dynamics are natural, they can actually work for awhile. Nobody is having to change personalities. Nobody is a victim. Nobody is a villain. Which means that we can stay this course with these dynamics for awhile and let the stories continually evolve out of them.
Online Profile Goto Top

elci525
Member Avatar

^ And my "real" point (forget the shipper wishes - that was secondary) was that I am not convinced this is the dynamic for Lumi the show is sticking with after a day or two of such scenes. That this is the relationship between Lucas and Sami that's solidified for the time being. We saw today (Tuesday) the schemes ostensibly came to a halt because the writers, at least Tuesday, seem reluctant to allow Lucas to scheme. Which is a shame if it stays that way. If the partners in crime thing sticks, as in if it continues to play out and Lucas and Sami are given scenes in this vein fairly regularly, then it would work beautifully as it always has. I wasn't disagreeing with that (I disagree that this was ideal Lumi dynamic, but again, that was my secondary interest. I should divide my posts now, between "This is the silly shipper response" and "this is the primary hopefully more substantive response"). And I agree when dynamics are natural, they can just unfold as if they have a life of their own [organically], and stories can evolve from character rather than from plot, which is always preferable. There is no disputing that. I just disagreed that dynamic was IN PLACE for Lumi, and Tuesday's show at least partially temporarily confirmed that for me. A couple of scenes is not enough to reassure me. I hope I am wrong.
Edited by elci525, Mar 12 2013, 04:27 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

elci525
Mar 12 2013, 02:45 PM
^ And my "real" point (forget the shipper wishes - that was secondary) was that I am not convinced this is they dynamic for Lumi the show is sticking with after a day or two of such scenes. That this is the relationship between Lucas and Sami that's solidified for the time being. We saw today (Tuesday) the the schemes ostensibly came to a halt because the writers, at least Tuesday, seem reluctant to allow Lucas to scheme. Which is a shame if it stays that way. If the partners in crime thing sticks, as in if it continues to play out and Lucas and Sami are given scenes in this vein fairly regularly, then it would work beautifully as it always has. I wasn't disagreeing with that (I disagree that this was ideal Lumi dynamic, but again, that was my secondary interest. I should divide my posts now, between "This is the silly shipper response" and "this is the primary hopefully more substantive response"). And I agree when dynamics are natural, they can just unfold as if they have a life of their own, and stories can evolve from character rather than from plot, which is always preferable. There is no disputing that. I just disagreed that dynamic was IN PLACE for Lumi, and Tuesday's show at least partially temporarily confirmed that for me. I hope I am wrong.
I hope you are too, although with BD's tweet a few months back about wanting a story for Lucas, I understand the concern. It's a shame because yesterday and today's episodes showed how much Lucas has a place in the dynamic even if Ejami is a couple.
Online Profile Goto Top

BigFat Irish Head
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Mar 11 2013, 02:10 PM
lysie
Mar 11 2013, 02:08 PM
Joe has lost weight.
I read somewhere that he needed time off for some kind of surgery. I don't know if that's true, but it would explain his absence and weight loss
I heard from a soap blogger that he had back surgery and that's why he lost weight.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic