Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
AMC/OLTL Premiere Date Announced
Topic Started: Mar 11 2013, 01:12 PM (665 Views)
King of Hearts
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Quote:

The much-anticipated first airdates for All My Children and One Life to Live has now been announced. Fans will be able to reunite with their Pine Valley and Llanview favorites beginning April 29, 2013.

"We thank the fans whose tenaciousness to see these shows return made this historical moment possible. We are determined to repay their support by delivering new and creatively groundbreaking episodes that both the fans, as well as legions of new viewers, will love. These viewers will absolutely embrace the flexibility HULU and iTunes provide to watch their shows anywhere, anytime,” said Jeff Kwatinetz and Rich Frank, Prospect Park’s Partners. "The response and camaraderie of our cast and crew has been inspiring as we have all banded together to succeed in our mission; unencumbered by the creative constraints of traditional broadcast television, to deliver storylines, style and characters that are stronger, with more dimension than ever. Now with our launch date set in stone, we are ready to lead this historic return. To the fans we proclaim, your support counts now more than ever."

Each episode of AMC and OLTL will be 30 minutes in length, and new episodes will be available starting at 12pm Eastern Monday through Thursday.

As previously announced, the new episodes will be broadcast online in high definition (when available) via the Hulu.com, Hulu Plus and iTunes on April 29.

The Hulu.com service is free to use, and is supported by advertising. Hulu Plus is a paid subscription service, but viewers have additional viewing options and do not have to watch commercials during the series' broadcast.

Production began on All My Children February 25, and shooting will begin on One Life to Live March 18.

SOURCE: SOAP CENTRAL
Edited by King of Hearts, Mar 11 2013, 01:12 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

YAY!!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Thanks for posting.

King of Hearts
Member Avatar

I am excited that they're returning so soon. I'm especially interested & anxious to see All My Children given the 5 year time jump and half of the characters that were on there in the end will not be on there when the show premieres. I'm sure they'll explain their absence.

King of Hearts
Member Avatar

Here's a link featuring the cast list of both shows also.

AMC/OLTL return dates/cast photos

Tammy
Member Avatar

Did I read that wrong or will there only be new shows Monday thru Thursday? So 4 shows a week?

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Tammy
Mar 11 2013, 03:07 PM
Did I read that wrong or will there only be new shows Monday thru Thursday? So 4 shows a week?
That IS the new schedule. It may sound greedy but I wish they were going with the traditional 5 days a week.

Tammy
Member Avatar

I guess right now I will take what I can get... but I agree lol.

dragonflies
Member Avatar

4 days a week with a recap show on fridays

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I'm actually a fan of the 4 shows and the recap show. At least at the beginning. There are a lot of new actors and this could be a chance to quickly get to know them. Its supposedly not going to be just a recap show, its going to also have behind the scenes clips and interviews with the cast. I'm really looking forward to that if they make it happen. The less recap the better really, since I want people to have to watch the actual shows!

I'm just thrilled this is finally becoming a reality.

Mason
Member Avatar

I have no problem with there only being 4 episodes per week. It saves money on production costs and (maybe) will keep the shows moving at a greater speed. Plus, as a viewer, it saves me a little bit of time each week.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Yaaaay, happy birthday that day to me! LOL.

I'm happy for the 4 episodes a week. It's probably enough, honestly. And besides, DAYS/Y&R/GH only run about 35-ish minutes (plus commercials) so it's not like we're losing that much, probably losing 5 minutes of filler and less commercials. Makes me happy.

If the episodes are a full 30 minutes with some commercials (so likely 35 minutes, or 25 + 5 minutes of commercials) it's just like you're sitting down to watch a 2 hour movie. Well, 4 hours if you watch both soaps. I love it. Will be much easier to follow and keep up with.

I'm excited to see the finished product. How the show visually looks. How long are scenes? Will there be a better balance of cast usage, etc.
Edited by KMan101, Mar 12 2013, 06:02 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

I am excited to see how different it's going to be. I mean they won't have to restrictions they have on network tv. I wonder if we are going to see Adam Chandler dropping F Bombs lol :P . While it would be humorous I hope they don't go that route.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I'm fine with cursing, but I gotta admit, nudity and cursing would be just weird on soaps but I'm open to it if not overdone. We'll see.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I think the "freedom" is being overblown. I think they mean they don't have to as PC with the storylines. As far as language might hear some "assholes" and "shit." I really don't expect to ever hear an F-bomb on the shows, but if they save it and use it like ONCE in a blue moon it can provide impact. It is really not necessary and I don't think they will do it.

I don't think we will be seeing nudity either, other than someone's ass walking out of bed or out of the shower. At least those are my expectations. I don't think we will be seeing any boobs or full frontal nudity. It just doesn't seem like it would fit, but I don't know what's going to happen.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
« Previous Topic · AMC & OLTL: Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply