Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Bruce Weitz to Y&R!
Topic Started: Mar 11 2013, 02:22 PM (1,069 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

Quote:

Since taking over as executive producer of THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS, Jill Farren Phelps has pinched more than a couple actors from her previous shows, GENERAL HOSPITAL and HOLLYWOOD HEIGHTS. And now comes word that Bruce Weitz, who had a memorable turn as GH villain Anthony Zacchara, will be appearing as Barry on Y&R beginning Wednesday, April 17. However, this will a much shorter stint than his time on GH. Weitz is only scheduled to appear in three episodes.

SID WEB
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

BW is a great actor. It will be good seeing him on Y & R. Maybe, Brandon Barash will come onboard, now that he's also out at GH.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'll have to see what kind of character Barry is. I haven't seen Weitz in anything besides GH, and I wasn't a fan of his work there. Anthony was too cartoony for me. So right now, I'm not exactly thrilled with him coming to Y&R. I'm glad it's only a three episode stint. I hope it stays that way.

As for Barash, I wouldn't mind him coming on to Y&R. I loved him as Johnny, and I could see him fitting in with the cast of Y&R. He could be Scotty Granger!

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

BW is an excellent actor, decades ago he was on NYPD Blue.
Weitz appeared in the 1998 hit film Deep Impact and also appeared in the films Half Past Dead and El Cortez (2005). Some of his many guest appearances on television include NYPD Blue, Quincy, Midnight Caller, Sisters, Superman: The Animated Series as Bruno Mannheim, JAG, The X-Files, The West Wing, and Highlander: The Series.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Hill Street Blues Sammie! I loved that show and loved him in it... Be careful out there.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

BlissfulLily
Mar 11 2013, 07:22 PM
Hill Street Blues Sammie! I loved that show and loved him in it... Be careful out there.
I thought it was Hill Street Blues too but his bio doesn't mention it.
They screwed up, I just checked the cast of HSB and he was on it.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

soapsudz
Mar 11 2013, 02:29 PM
BW is a great actor. It will be good seeing him on Y & R. Maybe, Brandon Barash will come onboard, now that he's also out at GH.
Brandon Barash!! Now that would be a great hire for Y&R. How about we get him and get rid of Cane LOL

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply