Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TV Guide: Kristian Alfonso Celebrates 30 Years on Days
Topic Started: Mar 11 2013, 02:40 PM (3,479 Views)
blueskies
Member Avatar

concerned
Mar 11 2013, 06:50 PM
Matt
Mar 11 2013, 06:43 PM
Personally, I would prefer that they not hook Hope up with another half of a former couple or we could end up with a Shane/Kayla situation and NO ONE wants a repeat of THAT (IMO). Personally, I think a new character would be ideal -- especially one who might help usher in (SLOWLY) a new family with members of varying ages to interact with the other characters.
If you can come up with the name of a new member of a new family with characters that were worthwhile ill jump on board.

Last one I can think of was the walkers
And I didn't mind the lock harts but I imagine you'll get strong resistance to that from some quarters.

I'm still eagerly awaiting the exit of the remaining Hernandez and Jonas,s. they can go straight down the path of the hollingsworths
i loved the Lockharts. I'd still like Patrick back, but not with Hope. I mean, they were *hhhottt*, really really hot, but Hope didn't even really like him then. I mean, I always felt bad for him, like he was a lost puppy.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jam6242
Member Avatar

I thought Kristian had good chemistry with Ed Marinaro when he guest-starred a few years ago. I wouldn't mind if they brought him back for her.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

jam6242
Mar 11 2013, 07:25 PM
I thought Kristian had good chemistry with Ed Marinaro when he guest-starred a few years ago. I wouldn't mind if they brought him back for her.
what character did he play? i forget.

jam6242
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Mar 11 2013, 07:52 PM
jam6242
He was an old friend of Bo's who let Bo and Hope hide out on his boat after Bo broke Hope out of prison.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

DiMeraFan67
Mar 11 2013, 05:16 PM
No way would I ever want Bo "really" dead, but we would never know that until the show actually ended so I guess I could accept it for the time being.
I totally get what you mean. I think for me it's just better not to leave something dangling for the fans to grab ahold of if they intend to make a serious relationship between Hope and someone else.

Although...why does it have to be a relationship? I think they almost went this route with Marlena when John died years back, but what if Hope just became a bad-ass investigator on a path of revenge/mission to discover what really happened to Bo? They could have her travel and do short-term arcs with characters of yesteryear that are missed along the way.

She wouldn't necessarily be integrated with the cast in the usual way...but I'm not sure that's a bad thing.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Love KA. She is so classy and seems to love her job! Kuddos to her on DAYS for 30 years & here's hoping many more years to come!!!

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

jam6242
Mar 11 2013, 08:39 PM
Supergirlx2
Mar 11 2013, 07:52 PM
jam6242
He was an old friend of Bo's who let Bo and Hope hide out on his boat after Bo broke Hope out of prison.
oh yeah!! now i remember!

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

I think it's past time for them to deal with the Bo storyline.

He needs to be killed off, it will obviously happen off screen which will leave it open for PR to return if he decides to later on.

I have a gut feeling that Rafe will end up being her "co-worker" that she will get involved with. I just hope they give her time to grieve before putting her with anybody.

Congrats to KA on thirty years!!

Bo & Hope are what got me hooked on this show some almost 30 years ago.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

px780
Mar 11 2013, 08:46 PM
DiMeraFan67
Mar 11 2013, 05:16 PM
No way would I ever want Bo "really" dead, but we would never know that until the show actually ended so I guess I could accept it for the time being.
I totally get what you mean. I think for me it's just better not to leave something dangling for the fans to grab ahold of if they intend to make a serious relationship between Hope and someone else.

Although...why does it have to be a relationship? I think they almost went this route with Marlena when John died years back, but what if Hope just became a bad-ass investigator on a path of revenge/mission to discover what really happened to Bo? They could have her travel and do short-term arcs with characters of yesteryear that are missed along the way.

She wouldn't necessarily be integrated with the cast in the usual way...but I'm not sure that's a bad thing.
I could get behind that idea of doing short-term arcs with characters that aren't around on screen any more. Her interactions with the regular cast could be in terms of them questioning her motives and worrying that she's getting to focused on revenge at the expense of spending time with Ciara who could really use her one remaining parent.

Daysofold

DrewHamilton
Mar 11 2013, 04:53 PM
It's incredible to believe Alfonso started on DAYS 30 years ago. Doesn't seem that way at all.

I love how much she loves the Princess Gina saga. It was definitely my favorite Hope storyline.

I'm looking forward to what Tomlin/Whitesell have planned for Hope. I really want them to kill off Bo. Of course, I want them to lead the characters to believe Bo is dead, while giving the viewers the knowing clue that all isn't what it seems. It'll give Bope fans hope that Bo will return one day, all while allowing Hope to move on since she believe he's gone. No one could really be ruined, like what's happened to Jennifer (and Kayla to an extent).

And I agree with others who want someone completely new coming in for Hope. None of the men on the cast right now seem like a good fit for Hope. People always want to throw Rafe towards Hope, but I wouldn't ever want to see anything intimate develop between the two. I love the two as friends/co-workers, and I never want to see that line crossed. Besides, Rafe needs to stay with Kate. Both characters haven't felt this fresh in years.

Seriously, TPTB actually give a storyline to a vet? Not in TomSell's tenure, that's for sure. They royally screwed Bo and Hope and the proper send off for Peter. They should have been the next Tom and Alice.

I started watching Kristian when I was in college and have loved her character ever since. Congratulations to you Kristian for the past 30 years. You have captured so many hearts over the years and we all appreciate what you have given to the show. You deserve WAY more than the current writing team has given you.
Edited by Daysofold, Mar 11 2013, 10:03 PM.

Daysofold

Seriously, TPTB actually give a storyline to a vet? Not in TomSell's tenure, that's for sure. They royally screwed Bo and Hope and the proper send off for Peter. They should have been the next Tom and Alice.

I started watching Kristian when I was in college and have loved her character ever since. Congratulations to you Kristian for the past 30 years. You have captured so many hearts over the years and we all appreciate what you have given to the show. You deserve WAY more than the current writing team has given you. Good luck to you!!

KMan101
Member Avatar

I feel like the only 'story' Hope is going to get is the Vargas prison/Nick story. Yeah, it says 'solo' story but I feel like Tomlin doesn't have any desire to use Hope.

I think they sent Bo off the way they did because they probably resented Peter leaving. Just the way it feels. I hope I'm wrong on BOTH accounts but Bo's exit should have been huge, not just a 'see ya later' kinda deal.

I also feel like Tomlin has some issue writing older men. Thaao and Tony were axed last time. Peter 'retired'. Stephen Nichols wasn't a big fan of Tomlin's right? Steve and Kayla 'not working out in the end' doesn't bother me as much because people can change and it might not have worked out but it all felt hollow to me.

Oh well, this is about Kristian/Hope so ... back on topic I guess LOL
Edited by KMan101, Mar 11 2013, 10:45 PM.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

Steve and Kayla's break-up didn't bother me because as thin as the writing was, it was pretty character driven. You could see why Steve would want to pursue a career option when it came, and why Kayla might not be able to deal with it this time. I don't think it was a lack of love.

I hope they don't kill off Bo. Bo and Hope have had enough problems in recent years that it's totally plausible to me that they might split up. Plus the recent "back from the dead" stories have been so predictable and hum drum, it's not really a solution to the story problems for me. Other soaps have done a much better job of keeping couple's stories alive even if they're not together; it's kind of late in the game for that for Days, but the fake deaths are wearing on me.
Edited by granolagirl, Mar 12 2013, 02:44 AM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Maybe it's just me but I'm not opposed to a potential Hope/Rafe pairing. Out of all the men on the show it's the only one I think has any potential. If Dan comes near her I'll fly out to LA myself to picket the studio. And beyond them, there really aren't many men in her age range on the show. I mean, she's not going to be hooking up with Chad anytime soon, she isn't Kate.

Unless they go with....Elope.

Winterfaire

blueskies
Mar 12 2013, 09:16 AM
Maybe it's just me but I'm not opposed to a potential Hope/Rafe pairing. Out of all the men on the show it's the only one I think has any potential. If Dan comes near her I'll fly out to LA myself to picket the studio. And beyond them, there really aren't many men in her age range on the show. I mean, she's not going to be hooking up with Chad anytime soon, she isn't Kate.

Unless they go with....Elope.
I'm in with Hope working with Rafe and totally not with Dr. Jonas. When her Uncle Bill comes home to Salem, perhaps he can bring a friend, maybe his lawyer (does Salem need a good visible lawyer- what professional does Salem need?) with him who didn't intend to stay, but after meeting the family, especially Hope...

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

They really have no where to go with Hope, besides breaking her and Bo up...UNLESS they can somehow get PR to return.

One thing is for sure though, they cannot keep going on with this "Bo is kinda still there" crap that they are trying to sell...it will NEVER work and will only end up with Kristian getting the boot as well.

All that being said...Bo & Hope are the best couple in DAYS history and are huge reason why I have remained a viewer for so long. I miss them every second that PR has been gone...and I dont like Hope in this limbo she is in...its making become very disconnected with her.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Mar 12 2013, 10:22 PM.

Daysofold

Mitchapalooza
Mar 12 2013, 10:20 PM
They really have no where to go with Hope, besides breaking her and Bo up...UNLESS they can somehow get PR to return.

One thing is for sure though, they cannot keep going on with this "Bo is kinda still there" crap that they are trying to sell...it will NEVER work and will only end up with Kristian getting the boot as well.

All that being said...Bo & Hope are the best couple in DAYS history and are huge reason why I have remained a viewer for so long. I miss them every second that PR has been gone...and I dont like Hope in this limbo she is in...its making become very disconnected with her.
I agree with you on every point.

Because of the idiotic taping schedule, TPTB cannot address ANYTHING that the fans vocalize. Peters departure should have been dealt with instead of the lazy writers who want to skirt it under the rug.

I never thought in a million years I'd be saying this, but I hope "Hope" sails off into the sunset with Bo. But that would mean Peter Reckell would have to reprise his role.

The show has no meaning to me anymore. I am one who started watching Days on the 80's and cannot identify with the current writing regime.

lysie
Member Avatar

What's really going to be grating is if PR never returns and that crapfest we got last fall is truly Bo Brady's exit.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 12 2013, 11:18 PM
What's really going to be grating is if PR never returns and that crapfest we got last fall is truly Bo Brady's exit.
That would be insane. The last scene of Days of our Lives MUST be Bo and Hope sailing off on the Fancy Face together. It just simply MUST be.

Kriss4

granolagirl
Mar 12 2013, 01:48 AM
Steve and Kayla's break-up didn't bother me because as thin as the writing was, it was pretty character driven. You could see why Steve would want to pursue a career option when it came, and why Kayla might not be able to deal with it this time. I don't think it was a lack of love.

I hope they don't kill off Bo. Bo and Hope have had enough problems in recent years that it's totally plausible to me that they might split up. Plus the recent "back from the dead" stories have been so predictable and hum drum, it's not really a solution to the story problems for me. Other soaps have done a much better job of keeping couple's stories alive even if they're not together; it's kind of late in the game for that for Days, but the fake deaths are wearing on me.
Steve and Kayla's breakup wasn't that troublesome for me, either, because I felt that it was situation dictated. Stephen was on another show. Days wanted Mary Beth to play Kayla in a recurring capacity. They had to answer questions about Steve's absence, and they did. Some Steve and Kayla fans don't like the fact that they're broken up, but I can deal with it easily enough because circumstances made it necessary. It's better in my eyes than the Mickey treatment.

Not only that, but Steve choosing to work for the ISA can be explained should he ever return, and Kayla's reluctance for him to work for them considering what happened before makes a lot of sense. The writing didn't disrespect them, IMO. They had a problem they couldn't work out. It's been made clear that Kayla was upset, but she doesn't spend a lot of time ripping him apart, and she's told Abby that "sometimes people can't be together forever, no matter how much they love each other."

Fact is, and J/J fans can argue this one if they want to, but I think Steve and Kayla, even in their DIVORCE, got better treatment than Jack and Jennifer did.

If Steve and Kayla had to break up, I think the writers did a pretty good job of dealing with it...and we always have hope of a reunion someday. But actually, I'm hoping that Kayla gets a chance at a new relationship one of these days. It doesn't make sense for Mary Beth to have to wait for any decision on Stephen to have a chance to do some real work.

Now, on Bo and Hope. I don't want Bo dead. I just don't. But I can see where it would make sense in story if they're going to move Hope forward. Bo and Hope...they've gone through a lot. I don't want to see them break up over something completely insignificant because that would be dumb, and giving them the "disagreement over a job" story was done recently with Steve and Kayla, so I don't think they'll drink from that well again this soon.

But to give Hope a real shot at story...maybe Bo should be presumed dead. I know. The show uses that one really often, but what's the best solution?

Edited by Kriss4, Mar 12 2013, 11:39 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply