Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TV Guide: Kristian Alfonso Celebrates 30 Years on Days
Topic Started: Mar 11 2013, 02:40 PM (3,403 Views)
Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

Kriss4
Mar 12 2013, 11:37 PM
granolagirl
Mar 12 2013, 01:48 AM
Steve and Kayla's break-up didn't bother me because as thin as the writing was, it was pretty character driven. You could see why Steve would want to pursue a career option when it came, and why Kayla might not be able to deal with it this time. I don't think it was a lack of love.

I hope they don't kill off Bo. Bo and Hope have had enough problems in recent years that it's totally plausible to me that they might split up. Plus the recent "back from the dead" stories have been so predictable and hum drum, it's not really a solution to the story problems for me. Other soaps have done a much better job of keeping couple's stories alive even if they're not together; it's kind of late in the game for that for Days, but the fake deaths are wearing on me.
Steve and Kayla's breakup wasn't that troublesome for me, either, because I felt that it was situation dictated. Stephen was on another show. Days wanted Mary Beth to play Kayla in a recurring capacity. They had to answer questions about Steve's absence, and they did. Some Steve and Kayla fans don't like the fact that they're broken up, but I can deal with it easily enough because circumstances made it necessary. It's better in my eyes than the Mickey treatment.

Not only that, but Steve choosing to work for the ISA can be explained should he ever return, and Kayla's reluctance for him to work for them considering what happened before makes a lot of sense. The writing didn't disrespect them, IMO. They had a problem they couldn't work out. It's been made clear that Kayla was upset, but she doesn't spend a lot of time ripping him apart, and she's told Abby that "sometimes people can't be together forever, no matter how much they love each other."

Fact is, and J/J fans can argue this one if they want to, but I think Steve and Kayla, even in their DIVORCE, got better treatment than Jack and Jennifer did.

If Steve and Kayla had to break up, I think the writers did a pretty good job of dealing with it...and we always have hope of a reunion someday. But actually, I'm hoping that Kayla gets a chance at a new relationship one of these days. It doesn't make sense for Mary Beth to have to wait for any decision on Stephen to have a chance to do some real work.

Now, on Bo and Hope. I don't want Bo dead. I just don't. But I can see where it would make sense in story if they're going to move Hope forward. Bo and Hope...they've gone through a lot. I don't want to see them break up over something completely insignificant because that would be dumb, and giving them the "disagreement over a job" story was done recently with Steve and Kayla, so I don't think they'll drink from that well again this soon.

But to give Hope a real shot at story...maybe Bo should be presumed dead. I know. The show uses that one really often, but what's the best solution?

I think you've hit the nail on the head. Bo & Hope have been though so much - between Billie, Carly, Larry, John, Stefano, Lexie, Megan, Kate, Chelsea, etc. There's no way that they would just break up or have a disagreement about some small thing. Bo & Hope disagreed about continuing to travel and settling down in 1990. They wrote Bo's exit such that Hope was supportive of Bo going after Stefano & trying to uncover something that will finally put him behind bars, so saying that they had problems because Hope wanted Bo home & he wanted to continue following leads wouldn't make sense. As much as Bo's extended absence needs to be addressed, and in more depth than Rafe & Victor asking Hope about Bo & her brushing it off & then no one mentioning it again for a month, at least Bo isn't supposed to be in Salem - he's supposedly off with Shawn, Belle, & Claire.
Bo being presumed dead would make the most sense, especially since Hope's never moved on with another man, even when Bo's been a complete ass. Hope/Larry doesn't really count because Larry was always playing Hope, & Hope never really stopped loving or caring for Bo, and Hope/Patrick was nothing more than a one night stand due to manipulations from Chelsea.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Congrats, Kristian! I can't believe she's been on this show four years longer than I've been alive. She continues to look and be amazing and I wish we were seeing more of her right now.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Mar 12 2013, 11:28 PM
lysie
Mar 12 2013, 11:18 PM
What's really going to be grating is if PR never returns and that crapfest we got last fall is truly Bo Brady's exit.
That would be insane. The last scene of Days of our Lives MUST be Bo and Hope sailing off on the Fancy Face together. It just simply MUST be.
That would be perfection. :wub:

kch

They certainly need to do something to free up Hope. And if it must be a fake death then maybe they should take the opportunity to bring back Belle and Shawn. If he is supposedly off with them anyway how easy would it be for Shawn to show up with a shipwreck story? Bo (always the hero) got Belle, Claire, and Shawn to safety. Then got lost in the storm or explosion or whatever. Salem can mourn. We get some core characters back. And it leaves it wide open for a Bo return at any point. Done.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Mar 13 2013, 12:17 AM
I think you've hit the nail on the head. Bo & Hope have been though so much - between Billie, Carly, Larry, John, Stefano, Lexie, Megan, Kate, Chelsea, etc. There's no way that they would just break up or have a disagreement about some small thing.
I can see it two ways -- that they've been through so much that nothing could break them up again, or they've broken up several times in recent years, and I could see it happening again.

tylerbo20

your right not Shane or Patch lets hook her up with Rafe and Daniel perfect why didnt i think of that before!!!

am103
Member Avatar

Congrats to Kristian on 30 years in Salem. Love her!

I'll believe Hope has a story when I see it. We've been hearing it for months and months now. As of right now, I'm getting really sick of Pop-up Hope. Bring Bo back or kill him off, because it's really limiting Hope as a character.

MarvinPepper
Member Avatar

Huge congrats to Kristian. Thirty years is a remarkable achievement. I still remember her first scenes on the show and have loved her and Hope ever since. Kristian has certainly found the fountain of youth that's for sure.

As for Peter and Bo - as much as I adore both of them and miss them INCREDIBLY, I have no desire to see Peter return while Tomlin is still there. Bo will either undergo yet another character destruction/decimation or he will be on for 2 mins a week like Hope seemingly is. I left DAYS when Bo did. But having him upstairs/playing with Ciara/sailing with Shawn, for eternity is ridiculous. The fact is, they should have given Bo and Peter an absolute KILLER send-off - one that equalled the status, longevity and popularity of both. Instead he got a big "F*** you" from Tomlin and was given the modern-day version of Don Craig leaving to post his tax return and never been seen or heard again.

Like someone else said, I'll believe Hope will get a big solo story if and when it actually airs.

But kudos to Kristian for her milestone. Beautiful person, inside and out.

maverick
Member Avatar

tylerbo20
Mar 11 2013, 06:31 PM
who from the show's past would you want Hope to hook up with??
If this was 20 years ago and the show had a budget (YES that is a HUGE factor in the stories being told), there would be no question in having the character move on and in a proper manner. Bo should have been killed off when he left, but for BTS reasons, he wasn't. I am not surprised in the least about where Hope is right now, even with Bo on canvas, they most likely would still have been used sparingly. Just look at 2010/2011 (even in middle of a major SL they were not on enough to tell the story). I think PR had a less episode quota guarantee than KA so he would barely be around, plus Tomlin has made it no secret that he was not a fan of the character of Bo (and Hope) and PR. He also isn't a fan of the type of writing for long term couples/storytelling that take a well thought out intricate plan. So if PR does come back it won't be until Tomlin is gone.

This show needs new blood and Daniel needs to go. I still can't believe this character has been on 5 years already and it's been a pretty much a waste. I still remember one of his first scenes on Days, he was hitting on Hope in front of Bo while he was on his death bed. :ermm: The character sucks period, mostly because they never developed him and stuck him in random pairings along the way to 'fit the plot'. I also don't understand this whole Hope and Rafe make perfect sense. Why, because they are both cops? Lame and lazy. Rafe is a cheap watered down crappy version of original Roman and now Bo? NO thanks.

As for who from the show's past would be ideal for Hope? Well Hope's past from her boarding school days is largely unknown even many factions of the PG stuff when she was an art thief. Hope had many suitors way back when. There is also the guy, I think his name was Jason, that asked Hope out for a date at the Academy back in early 1985 that could come back to town and start something or Larry's brother seeking revenge or even someone from Bo's past. Plus you have all of the other storylines from the 80s to draw characters from. No one currently on canvas should be paired with Hope. New Character, chemistry testing, a plan, just like they did for Bo when Hope 'died' in 1990.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

KJAlfonso: @MichaelFairman I can't Believe it's been 30 yrs since days moved me to LA ; )))) still having a blast @days @nbcdays xo
https://twitter.com/KJAlfonso/status/313022952180432896

MichaelFairman: @KJAlfonso @days @nbcdays I know!! I can't believe it either. Wanting to do an interview with you in April to celebrate this milestone :)
https://twitter.com/MichaelFairman/status/313047756182790145

paigedown

Congrats to Kristian

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply