Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
"Days" will be re-aired to most affected from 3AM-4AM; Check press release for more info...
Topic Started: Mar 11 2013, 04:30 PM (2,348 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

"Days" Re-Air Set For Affilates Affected:
A reairing of today's DAYS OF OUR LIVES episode has been scheduled and is intended for those stations whose primary feed was interrupted by NBC News coverage of the new Pope. Affiliates can air "Days" in place of "Mad Money" (early tomorrow morning from 3AM-4AM) or in place of local programming.

Two NBC News Special Reports scheduled for Tuesday 3/12:

NBC News will provide a live Special Report covering the Procession of the Cardinals and ceremonial Oath at approx. 11:30AM ET. NBC News will also provide a Special Report later in the day when the result of the first vote by the Conclave is known.

UPDATE: ONE LESS COMMERCIAL BREAK TOMORROW
It seems "Days" will be airing one less commercial break tomorrow, due to the uncertainty of when the special report will be airing. Looks like the first three acts will air without commercial interruption, so don't be surprised when it goes to black after the first act, and then comes right back!! "Days" will air for 11 minutes, 36 seconds tomorrow before the first commercial appears!

USUAL EPISODE:
Teaser Act
Theme Song
Act One
Commercial
Act Two

TUESDAY 3/12:
Teaser Act
Theme Song
Act One
Act Two
Commercial

SPECIAL REPORTS POSSIBLE FOR WEDNESDAY 3/13, THURSDAY 3/14 AND FRIDAY 3/15
NBC News Special Reports could preempt "Days" sometime during the rest of this week as the Cardinals prepare to choose the next Pope.
Afternoon voting takes place from 11:45AM to 2:15PM Eastern, so news could break at some point on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday afternoon and could impact "Days" either locally or nationally on one of these days.
Edited by Jason47, Mar 13 2013, 02:59 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

DOOL is soooooo bad I don't care if its interupted,whatever interrupts it couldn't be worse than what is normally on.

Keith
Member Avatar

The one less commercial was nice.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Yeah, but I think the first commercial break of the show was a bit longer than usual. It sure felt that way to me.

nanasmiles

I simply don't understand why the people who hate Days so much comment on it, if they don't care enough to actually watch it. They waste their time commenting, and our time reading the comment. So utterly stupid!!!!

Jason47
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Mar 12 2013, 05:09 PM
Yeah, but I think the first commercial break of the show was a bit longer than usual. It sure felt that way to me.
Yes, they had the same amount of commercials, so some of the other commercial breaks were longer than usual, to make up for the missing commercial break!

Jason47
Member Avatar

NBC News Special Reports could preempt "Days" sometime during the rest of this week as the Cardinals prepare to choose the next Pope.
Afternoon voting takes place from 11:45AM to 2:15PM Eastern, so news could break at some point on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday afternoon and could impact "Days" either locally or nationally on all three days.

michr544125

Jason47
Mar 12 2013, 06:49 PM
Afternoon voting takes place from 11:45AM to 2:15PM Eastern, so news could break at some point on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday afternoon and could impact "Days" either locally or nationally on all three days.
yawwwwn

But thanks for the info Jason. Glad there is SN.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

Jason47
Mar 12 2013, 06:49 PM
Why can't they just report this on M.S.N.B.C. - why do they have to interrupt DOOL? Just wait until the show is OVER. Then they have all afternoon. So annoying to break into a show that is already on to report something like this. Can't it wait until the regular news broadcast WHERE IT BELONGS.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

New Pope elected...NBC News Special Reports will have local preemptions in Central time zone and possibly more.
Edited by Jason47, Mar 13 2013, 01:26 PM.

cockymom
Member Avatar

And the next 2 days will be delayed until 2:00a.m. EST because of the ACC basketball tournament. Ugh!

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Well at least the west coast is missing a pretty crappy episode, LOL.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

nanasmiles
Mar 12 2013, 06:29 PM
I simply don't understand why the people who hate Days so much comment on it, if they don't care enough to actually watch it. They waste their time commenting, and our time reading the comment. So utterly stupid!!!!
As someone who is for the most part enjoying DAYS again...I have to 100% disagree with you.

Everyone is allowed to bitch and moan all they want...their opinion is no more or less valid then you own.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

So DAYS is pre-empted in the west? Does this mean Thurs and Fri will be affected?

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Did the black guy win?

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

After all of this, they're stringing us along and not revealing the new Pope's identity just yet.

Tammy
Member Avatar

He is from Argentina and his name is Pope Francis! :D

Jason47
Member Avatar

"Days" Re-Feed Set For Affilates Affected:
A re-feed of today's DAYS OF OUR LIVES episode has been scheduled and is intended for those stations whose primary feed was interrupted by NBC News coverage of the new Pope. Affiliates can air "Days" in place of "Mad Money" (early tomorrow morning from 3AM-4AM) or in place of local programming.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply