Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR Countdown: Stefano's Best Moments
Topic Started: Mar 11 2013, 10:17 PM (1,039 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Posted Image

A couple of weeks ago, we asked for all of your favorite Stefano memories from the last 30 years. This list is going to be a little different than our previous two. Participation wasn’t as good for this one, but there were still some clear standouts. It’s not easy to pick Stefano’s best moments because they’re often just lines of dialogue that don’t necessarily happen at the most memorable of moments. His greatest moments are rarely at the big moments in his stories, because those moments are usually reserved for his rivals. Because of that, a lot of these scenes seem more like best moments of other characters. But none of them could have happened without him. The majority of the scenes chosen revolve around his interactions with Marlena. We know there are many Stefano moments that didn’t make it, so please discuss these and any other Stefano memories here in this thread.

We’ll start with this scene from 1995. It’s kind of an odd starting point because the Stefano we see in this clip appears to be a far cry from the Stefano who has been terrorizing Salem for the last three decades. He’s basically....sweet. Stefano has amnesia and is in a wheelchair after an encounter with a possessed Marlena. Marlena’s guilt gets the best of her, and she brings Stefano to live with her. And then scenes like this happened...

This next scene is in 1993 when Marlena sees Stefano for the first time back in Salem. She had seen him a few years before this. He had been presumed dead for a couple of years, but even at this point they were used to the phoenix rising from the ashes. Well...some of them were used to it. Apparently, Marlena wasn’t. This scene gives a good glimpse at just how fearful Salemites used to be of him. He’s in a wheelchair, and Marlena is so terrified that she almost goes into early labor. This wasn’t Nono.

In this 2008 scene, Marlena has had enough. Marlena had been threatening Stefano for weeks, but the final straw came when it was revealed that her supposedly dead husband was brainwashed and being kept in Stefano’s basement. Seriously. She’d had enough.

The Lady in a Cage story in 1996 is infamous. Stefano had kidnapped Marlena again, faked her death, and was holding her in a gilded cage, insisting she would love him. Marlena spent most of her time crying over John, wearing really pretty clothes, and being generally disgusted, but in this scene Stefano almost gets to her. He promises her her freedom if she will spend the night with him.

In 1996, Lexie had been looking for her biological parents for a while. She had had no idea she was adopted, and had only recently learned that the woman she had called “Aunt Frankie” was in fact her mother. Celeste kept Lexie from finding out about her father as long as she could, but Lexie eventually found out. Stefano was also pretty shocked to learn this news, and she let him know exactly how she felt about him. This was only the beginning of the many twists and turns their relationship would take.

2008 wasn’t the first time Marlena had had enough. In this scene from 1985, Marlena avenges her late husband’s (Roman) death. This came on the tails of Stefano kidnapping her twins and planning to leave the country with them. Bo rescued them, but Marlena was terrified of what he was planning to do to the rest of her family. This wasn’t his first death, and it wouldn’t be his last.

This seemed to be the beginning of the 2007 story that never happened. These scenes take place about a month after John was killed in a hit and run. Sami has married EJ to save the family, and Marlena comes to see if she can get her out of it. Everything about these scenes from the opera music to the dialogue is classic Stefano.

This scene actually happens right before Marlena shoots Stefano in 1985. Tony had been through a good bit with Stefano at this point, and had been chained up with Anna in his penthouse so that his cousin Andre could steal his identity and help Stefano achieve his plans. Tony gets to have the upper hand for a minute, but unfortunately for Salem, Stefano was released pretty quickly.

Two recasts later, it’s often hard to remember just how much of Stefano’s villainy once revolved around Roman Brady. This was Roman’s second death in 1984, and it set the stage for Marlena to shoot Stefano a few months later. While Roman and Stefano’s rivalry takes a backseat to other rivalries now, even nearly thirty years later we get occasional glimpses at just how much this affected Salem.

The final Stefano moment that made our list is actually an entire storyline from 1994. If we had done a top ten list in the way we’ve done before, the top three moments all would have been from the Maison Blanche story. This story led to a lot of gamechangers on Days. It introduced Celeste and reintroduced Hope. Two triangles began and one ended. It started the Jennifer/Peter relationship. And most pertinently to Stefano, it was the official beginning of Stefano’s “love” for Marlena that would carry them through the next few years of story.

That was the final single moment, but we’re still missing Stefano’s true signature. No Stefano list would be complete without it. I’ll let him say it for me.

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AFaithL

BOOM. Great list.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

Great list. Glad Lexie's reveal of being Stefano's daughter made the list!

All the Marlena/Stefano scenes were great as well.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Nice!! Thank you lysie :D

Keith
Member Avatar

Wrong clip at the 2007 story that never happened. Probably was supposed to be the confrontation at the mansion where Stefano made his "queen of the night" his "killer".

Keith
Member Avatar

Fantastic list. Great mix of all his best relationships - his best, of course, being his obsession with Marlena.

lysie
Member Avatar

Keith
Mar 11 2013, 10:35 PM
Wrong clip at the 2007 story that never happened. Probably was supposed to be the confrontation at the mansion where Stefano made his "queen of the night" his "killer".
Thanks. Fixed.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Good job, Lysie.

As usual.

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

Can we get a Best of Daniel Jonas list next plz.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

darraholic
Mar 11 2013, 11:06 PM
Can we get a Best of Daniel Jonas list next plz.
Only if we get a Rafe Hernandez right after!

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

I know this is a Stefano's greatest moments thread, but 2007 Marlena kicked serious ass!

am103
Member Avatar

Awesome videos, I love the idea of these "Best of Characters" list. Can't wait to see who's up next!

Marlena was so badass in 2007! I remember being totally in awe when she made that speech to Stefano just before injecting him and listing off all of the people he tormented over the years. Phenomenal! I love it when we get to see little hints of Marlena's crazy side!

AFaithL

SoapGal1
Mar 11 2013, 11:16 PM
I know this is a Stefano's greatest moments thread, but 2007 Marlena kicked serious ass!
Yep. And part of me wishes they had just left John dead. Those months following his death were some of her best acting and some of the best Marlena stories. Hogan Sheffer wanted to write for her.

am103
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Mar 12 2013, 02:05 AM
SoapGal1
Mar 11 2013, 11:16 PM
Yep. And part of me wishes they had just left John dead. Those months following his death were some of her best acting and some of the best Marlena stories. Hogan Sheffer wanted to write for her.
Truthfully. That period of time was some of the best acting I've seen from Deidre Hall, and Martha Madison as well. Leaving John dead would have opened up so many other storyline possibilities for Marlena, but on the flip side we wouldn't have Kristen here today tormenting them, so I'll take what I can get. All I know is during the time John was dead, Marlena and Stefano shared some amazing scenes!

AFaithL

Well as a John/Marlena fan, my heart was happy John turned up alive. I just wish that story could have lasted 3-4 months longer, because Dee and Martha M were SO good in their grief. Marlena was literally kicking Stefano's ass all over the place. LOL.

I would have liked for her to have been arrested for Stefano's attempted murder....and then right before the trial, find out John is alive, and John/Marlena team up to help take Stefano down.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply