Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Wednesday, March 13th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Mar 13 2013, 10:08 AM (5,989 Views)
Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

tomsawyer
Mar 13 2013, 12:10 PM
Pop-up Hope is everywhere!
She wasn't even really a pop-up today. She actually had real dialogue with characters and we saw her consistently throughout the entire episode. I can't remember the last time that happened.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jam6242
Member Avatar

I've been bored all week so far.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Female Culliton, NO!
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

That may possibly be the worst script Carolyn Culliton has ever written. I'm shocked this was her!
Online Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Mar 13 2013, 12:11 PM
Can Hope stop harping on Daniel saving Jennifer's life? He's a freaking doctor, get over it.
Hope should've gone with "You saved Bo's life. You can't be that bad." but i think the script writer either forgot that the whole reason Dan was even created was because of Bo's illness or didn't care cause it's all to pimp Dannifer.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

today's show was directed by Grant A. Johnson from a script written by Carolyn Culliton who is NOT who I was expecting. It wasn't a "bad" script, but it didn't have the zip & life I normally expect from a Culliton work.
Online Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Matt
I don't know what Kristian Alfonso is doing, but she needs to keep it up. She's been looking the best that she's looked in YEARS over the last few months.
I can't believe I'm saying this as a Bope fan, but it seems like Hope being away from Bo is a good thing. lol.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I swore up and down this was a David Levinson script. IMO, it just sort of laid there. Not Carolyn's best effort, IMO (other than Stefano asking about Billy Joel)
Online Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Mar 13 2013, 12:38 PM
Hope is the new Billie.
Hope will always be the original. Billie was the Carly replacement who was the Hope replacement. ;)
(and yes, i know what you actually mean by that sentence, and it's frustrating as hell!)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

It felt like this episode was never going to end. Kind of like the same "Salem night" that's been going on and on like the Energizer bunny.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Supergirlx2
Mar 13 2013, 01:00 PM
Matt
I don't know what Kristian Alfonso is doing, but she needs to keep it up. She's been looking the best that she's looked in YEARS over the last few months.
I can't believe I'm saying this as a Bope fan, but it seems like Hope being away from Bo is a good thing. lol.
I was actually thinking that but was afraid to say it. It's like KA is an entirely different (i.e. better & happier) person without PR around. I know that the KA/PR animosity is legendary & goes back YEARS, but it's long been stated that they got over that years ago and by all accounts developed a good working relationship. But, of course, just because people can work together doesn't always mean that they're exactly close or overly friendly.
Online Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Matt
Mar 13 2013, 01:03 PM
Supergirlx2
Matt
I was actually thinking that but was afraid to say it. It's like KA is an entirely different (i.e. better & happier) person without PR around. I know that the KA/PR animosity is legendary & goes back YEARS, but it's long been stated that they got over that years ago and by all accounts developed a good working relationship. But, of course, just because people can work together doesn't always mean that they're exactly close or overly friendly.
it's also possible that things changed between them as a result of all the BTS drama thanks to CC & Nelson, & so his deciding to leave has allowed for a sort of "cooling down" period, & he took all the lingering tension & drama with him?!
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Matt
Supergirlx2
Matt
And even beyond that, I'm sure playing the same love story, then angst, then love story, then angst, etc., etc. with the same two characters for nearly three decades just gets old. Even if she adored PR, she still would've been bored in all likelihood.
Online Profile Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I ended up finding an old video on YT that recapped all that CC, Nellie and etc. mess last night by accident when looking up Daytime Royalty to see what results were out there.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
It felt like this episode was never going to end. Kind of like the same "Salem night" that's been going on and on like the Energizer bunny.
It's been going on since Friday, right?
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Matt
Mar 13 2013, 01:01 PM
I swore up and down this was a David Levinson script. IMO, it just sort of laid there. Not Carolyn's best effort, IMO (other than Stefano asking about Billy Joel)
That's who I was thinking it was too. It was just a complete snooze, which DL often gives us. Carolyn isn't as snappy with the dialogue like Salmons (who really makes the most of every episode she writes), but she is usually so much better at nailing the emotional beats and giving depth to the character interactions. Today's show had hardly any of that.
Online Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
Mar 13 2013, 01:14 PM
I ended up finding an old video on YT that recapped all that CC, Nellie and etc. mess last night by accident when looking up Daytime Royalty to see what results were out there.
i remember that video.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

tomsawyer
Mar 13 2013, 01:16 PM
Matt
Mar 13 2013, 01:01 PM
That's who I was thinking it was too. It was just a complete snooze, which DL often gives us. Carolyn isn't as snappy with the dialogue like Salmons (who really makes the most of every episode she writes), but she is usually so much better at nailing the emotional beats and giving depth to the character interactions. Today's show had hardly any of that.
Yes yes EXACTLY! Carolyn usually uses a lot of emotional moments (which could very well have been those nice Rafe/Gabi scenes that I enjoyed) as well a good historical references to back them up. This episode just seemed off and rushed -- like it was a script that just needed to be done and she got it done to get it done (if that makes any sense). It just didn't seem to display any of her usual care and nurturing.
Online Profile Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Sweet and Salty
Mar 13 2013, 12:35 PM
Grandpa Hughes
Mar 13 2013, 12:06 PM
Nice catch, Kristen. What a baby, Daniel. Take it like a man.
He really IS a wuss!
" Sheeths thmall but sheeths THO THSTRONG!"! :rolleyes:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Sweet and Salty
Mar 13 2013, 12:33 PM
tomsawyer
Mar 13 2013, 12:04 PM
Or maybe not. Kristen figured out that he was listening and started spouting crap. Dammit!
Damn! I won't be able to watch for a few days. Daddy is in hospital!
Hope he feels better soon.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic