Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of March 25th; *updated 3/18
Topic Started: Mar 13 2013, 11:27 AM (30,054 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Mar 19 2013, 11:32 AM
lysie
Mar 19 2013, 10:37 AM
The time to ask Rafe would have been when they were trying to get the evidence against Will. EJ and Sami aren't the only two involved. They might be the wrong people to go to him but they're also the only two who don't trust him and EJ is the only one who has reason not to trust him.
I'm not sure how that timing would have made any difference. It's reasonable to think that Rafe would have immediately confronted Nick no matter when he found out or from whom. Rafe would likely have felt he could control the situation without it getting out of hand but Nick has shown to be a pretty formidable opponent. After watching him stand alone in a room with Will, Sonny, Lucas, Sami and EJ and end up the victor I see no reason to think Rafe would have been able to handle Nick without having it blow up in Will's face.
Well I don't think Sami, EJ, and Stefano are going to be handling it without it blowing up in Will's face either, lol.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

lysie
Mar 19 2013, 11:34 AM
SocRMum1
lysie
The time to ask Rafe would have been when they were trying to get the evidence against Will. EJ and Sami aren't the only two involved. They might be the wrong people to go to him but they're also the only two who don't trust him and EJ is the only one who has reason not to trust him.
I'm not sure how that timing would have made any difference. It's reasonable to think that Rafe would have immediately confronted Nick no matter when he found out or from whom. Rafe would likely have felt he could control the situation without it getting out of hand but Nick has shown to be a pretty formidable opponent. After watching him stand alone in a room with Will, Sonny, Lucas, Sami and EJ and end up the victor I see no reason to think Rafe would have been able to handle Nick without having it blow up in Will's face.
Well I don't think Sami, EJ, and Stefano are going to be handling it without it blowing up in Will's face either, lol.
Oh I agree with that. But I think this way it's actually going to be a bit more dramatic and potentially less predictable.

As far as the story being about EJami I have to say I think TPTB have done a good job of weaving several characters across the canvas into this. I'd like to see EJami have things to talk about other than Will's predicament but I don't think they are in any way the featured characters in the story. I think there has been much more focus on Nick and Gabi and Will and Sonny, as it should be. Lucas has been involved off and on, Rafe and Kate have been tied in and soon we'll see Vargas coming on to the canvas and potentially pulling Nicole and Eric into the mix through another layer.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Wait so KA is just NOW hearing that there is a solo story COMING up for her?

HAHA ok great, Ill tune back in 7 months for that when it finally airs!

:shrug:
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Mar 19 2013, 11:45 AM.

michelle
Member Avatar

lysie
SocRMum1
lysie
I don't understand. Do YOU think Rafe would use the info that Will shot EJ, to put Will in jail?

If Nick started telling people that Will shot EJ, Rafe wouldn't be able to stop the local DA from prosecuting Will, could he?

I think Sami and EJ not telling Rafe has more to do with it not coming out period, then not trusting Rafe in general. I mean I know EJ doesn't trust ole Eyebrows Magoo, but if it was just the fact that Nick was trying to keep Will away from his daughter, and Will had nothing to lose, of COURSE they would tell Rafe.

lysie
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Mar 19 2013, 11:40 AM
lysie
SocRMum1
lysie
Oh I agree with that. But I think this way it's actually going to be a bit more dramatic and potentially less predictable.

As far as the story being about EJami I have to say I think TPTB have done a good job of weaving several characters across the canvas into this. I'd like to see EJami have things to talk about other than Will's predicament but I don't think they are in any way the featured characters in the story. I think there has been much more focus on Nick and Gabi and Will and Sonny, as it should be. Lucas has been involved off and on, Rafe and Kate have been tied in and soon we'll see Vargas coming on to the canvas and potentially pulling Nicole and Eric into the mix through another layer.
Hold up. I didn't mean it was about ejami. I meant it's about Sami. Yeah, I think Ej's in it more than necessary but my issue with who the story is about is a Sami issue.

lysie
Member Avatar

michelle
Mar 19 2013, 11:46 AM
lysie
SocRMum1
lysie
I don't understand. Do YOU think Rafe would use the info that Will shot EJ, to put Will in jail?

If Nick started telling people that Will shot EJ, Rafe wouldn't be able to stop the local DA from prosecuting Will, could he?

I think Sami and EJ not telling Rafe has more to do with it not coming out period, then not trusting Rafe in general. I mean I know EJ doesn't trust ole Eyebrows Magoo, but if it was just the fact that Nick was trying to keep Will away from his daughter, and Will had nothing to lose, of COURSE they would tell Rafe.
No, I don't. Which is why I think they should have gotten his help with the evidence. Then even if it came out, there'd be no proof.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

gailwinters
Mar 19 2013, 09:45 AM
lysie
Mar 19 2013, 09:30 AM
JamaicanBeauty7
Mar 19 2013, 09:27 AM
LuvingLumi
Mar 19 2013, 09:00 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I don't think it shows their stupidity, but how much Nick has them in a bind and how much they need to do something quickly. He has all of his bases covered and now he just married Gabi. All he has to do now is put his name on the birth certificate and Will is truly screwed.

and hey, just about everyone has blackmailed and tried to kill someone in Salem. It's par for the course. :D But on a serious note, since then, EJ, IMO, has proven to be on Will's side throughout this s/l. Even when he blackmailed Will, they eventually got close to a point where Will helped him go on the run. He was on his side when Will came out, when he needed someone to talk to about the baby situation, and is helping him get custody of his kid.
All of those things were stupid too. They're just absolutely insistent on taking all of the natural drama out of Sami and EJ's story so that they can manufacture crap that doesn't make any sense. Which is basically what they've done to everyone the last few years.
With this beat, I think they're playing on the biggest piece of natural drama that EJ and Sami have: each of their relationships with Stefano and what affect he will have on their relationship together. Throwing Will's issues into the mix makes it even more problematic, and IMO good soapy story.

Frankly I think the natural drama should have come now for Ejami if Will hated on Ej still...what MarDar did with having Sami basically not even care that Ej blackmailed her son was so far out there that it has taken it's toll on all the natural drama that should have come from that point on with this story especially if the decision was made to go with Ejami this time. Why not continue to use the writing that was in place back in 2007/08....build from there...if they were going to go back and reveal that Will shot Ej, then use it to further the story....Will should have never been cozy with Ej....if he was forced to work for him, Will should have taken advantage and screwed Ej over a time or two, Ej would have gone back out for revenge against Will and maybe even been privy to what Nick was planning..... I just feel that it would have been more drama if they kept with Will hating on Ej and not trusting but since they did something so out there with Ej and Will, now they are stuck....sometimes you truly can't change what the feel of the story should be, because it just feels like it's watered down .
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

SocRMum1
Mar 19 2013, 10:03 AM
Vicky4Mimi
Mar 19 2013, 09:51 AM
lysie
Mar 19 2013, 09:14 AM
LuvingLumi

I hate to say it because of ego it involves, but EJ, Sami, and Will all have their heads in their asses in regards to Rafe. Idk if that's intentional in the writing but right now it's the elephant in the room, IMO.
I am so impressed with you right now Lysie!
Of course Rafe could, should and would help him if they would just TELL him. He doesn't want his sister marrying a man like Nick. Just tell him!!!!
The issue isn't really whether Rafe would want Gabi to marry Nick. EJ was right in saying to Sami the other day that the first thing Rafe would do would be to confront Nick - who would then use what he has against Will. So it's not a matter of not trusting Rafe as much as it is they feel they can't risk letting anyone else know what Nick is using against Will. Add to that the fact that Rafe is a cop. Granted, Rafe has a history of picking and choosing when to use his 'authority' for good or evil - but there's no guarantee that Rafe would do anything to help or protect Will in this situation. Ultimately his number one priority would be Gabi.
Sure that COULD be his first reaction...but he has other options too ......he doesn't even have to confront Nick, he could tell Gabi the truth and he could have still helped out Lumi with the evidence..there is so much they can do but they refuse to and nothing makes a lick of sense the way they are handling it.....Will shouldn't trust Ej, he shouldn't trust Stefano, neither should Sami for that matter, heck, not even Ej should trust him...but they are all going to go straight to him for help before going to other people.....Why would Sami not tell Lucas to go to Kate....or even have Will tell Kate.....but they go to someone that isn't even related to Will for help? Heck, someone that actually blackmailed Will into telling the truth about whom his mom slept with to break up her marriage....I just think they are spinning their wheels trying to create 'natural drama' and then ignoring any possible 'natural drama' that could have been build into the story if they hadn't tried to sell Ejill so much.....
Edited by LuvingLumi, Mar 19 2013, 02:21 PM.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Will, Sami and EJ are all idiots for even considering Stefano as an option. Will would be much better off asking Sonny to seek Victor's help which would come with no strings attached.
Edited by LonePirate, Mar 19 2013, 02:06 PM.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Mar 19 2013, 01:54 PM
Will, Sami and EJ are all idiots for even considering Stefano as an option. Will would be much better off asking Sonny to seem Victor's help which would come with no strings attached.
Yeah, but Victor would have to ask Maggie for his balls back and as it is now, he barely has visitation rights.

Panda

If any of them told Rafe, he would have reason to be suspicious that it might be a Sami engineered ploy to get her own way. EJ would lie for Sami, Lucas and Sonny would lie for Will and Will has already been shown to be wishy washy and easily manipulated. Rafe would want to confirm their story himself by at least feeling Nick out if not flat out confronting him and Nick would be smart enough to figure out what was going on. That is why EJ doesn't think they can chance telling Rafe. They don't know that Rafe already has hinky feelings about Nick. If they did, I think they would tell him. It's too bad that Will and Lucas didn't confide in Kate because she is the one that knows that Rafe's spidey sense is already tingling regarding Nick and therefore, in actuality, he very likely would believe them and would help them without tipping Nick off.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Mar 19 2013, 12:44 PM
SocRMum1
Vicky4Mimi
lysie

I am so impressed with you right now Lysie!
Of course Rafe could, should and would help him if they would just TELL him. He doesn't want his sister marrying a man like Nick. Just tell him!!!!
The issue isn't really whether Rafe would want Gabi to marry Nick. EJ was right in saying to Sami the other day that the first thing Rafe would do would be to confront Nick - who would then use what he has against Will. So it's not a matter of not trusting Rafe as much as it is they feel they can't risk letting anyone else know what Nick is using against Will. Add to that the fact that Rafe is a cop. Granted, Rafe has a history of picking and choosing when to use his 'authority' for good or evil - but there's no guarantee that Rafe would do anything to help or protect Will in this situation. Ultimately his number one priority would be Gabi.
Sure that COULD be his first reaction...but he has other options too ......he doesn't even have to confront Nick, he could tell Gabi the truth and he could have still helped out Lumi with the evidence..there is so much they can do but they refuse to and nothing makes a lick of sense the way they are handling it.....Will shouldn't trust Ej, he shouldn't trust Stefano, neither should Sami for that matter, heck, not even Ej should trust him...but they are all going to go straight to him for help before going to other people.....Why would Sami not tell Lucas to go to Kate....or even have Will tell Kate.....but they go to someone that isn't even related to Will for help? Heck, someone that actually blackmailed Will into telling the truth about whom his mom slept with to break up her marriage....I just think they are spinning their wheels trying to create 'natural drama' and then ignoring any possible 'natural drama' that could have been build into the story if they hadn't tried to sell Ejill so much.....
I had forgotten Stefano blackmailed Will into revealing the "griefsex" to Rafe.I also can't remember what Stefano used as blackmail and who knows about that particular blackmail.Can someone help me with this? I would like to understand why Sami and Will seem to be okay with EJ and Stefano blackmailing Will .

concerned
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Mar 19 2013, 07:34 PM
LuvingLumi
Mar 19 2013, 12:44 PM
SocRMum1
Vicky4Mimi

I had forgotten Stefano blackmailed Will into revealing the "griefsex" to Rafe.I also can't remember what Stefano used as blackmail and who knows about that particular blackmail.Can someone help me with this? I would like to understand why Sami and Will seem to be okay with EJ and Stefano blackmailing Will .
You seem to forget anything that happened under Mar dar didn't really happen.
I wouldn't be surprised if Marlena doesn't know that will is gay

CPdays

lysie
SocRMum1
lysie
I sincerely hope Stefan gets involved. I can't wait to see him in action again.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

All I would ask is that the writers not expect me to believe that a Stefano-backed team of Will, EJ, and Sami fucking Brady wouldn't wipe the floor with Nick and Gabi in seconds. Not that Stefano's Team are a bunch of geniuses, but all powers combined, focused on more legal stuff than romantic...it's not much of a contest.

Really all it takes is letting Will be arrested and getting one of Stefano's judges to set him free. Easy.

Will&Sonny

px780
Mar 19 2013, 08:46 PM
All I would ask is that the writers not expect me to believe that a Stefano-backed team of Will, EJ, and Sami fucking Brady wouldn't wipe the floor with Nick and Gabi in seconds. Not that Stefano's Team are a bunch of geniuses, but all powers combined, focused on more legal stuff than romantic...it's not much of a contest.

Really all it takes is letting Will be arrested and getting one of Stefano's judges to set him free. Easy.
That's my main problem with the whole storyline right now -- Nick shouldn't be winning at the moment, period. There's absolutely no way that he should have been able to convince Will to sign away his parental rights, but because the writers want to prolong the drama, Nick has to have the upper hand for now. It's annoying because it's not the least bit believable, and in trying to make it believable, the writers have just made good characters look stupid so that they could try to sell this fallacy that Nick is the smartest person in town when he's really nothing more than a homophobic creep who's obsessed with another man's child.

We all know that, in the end, Nick is going to lose and Will is going to have custody -- either sole or joint -- of his daughter, but getting there has been a huge chore because there are so many things that should be going in Will's favor -- the fact that DiMeras are on his side, the fact that practically the entire Salem Police Department is related to him or in Stefano's pocket, the fact that Sami and Lucas are his parents, the fact that Victor is his boyfriend's grandfather, the fact that Nick is a homophobe and almost everyone else in town hates homophobes (remember how Victor treated T when Sonny first arrived in Salem?), the fact that Nick's main piece of evidence is a fucking illegally obtained recording, the fact that Gabi wants Will to be a part of his daughter's life, the fact that Gabi is hiding a very serious crime that at least four of Will's biggest allies (Sonny, Justin, Chad, and E.J., whom I'm grudgingly counting as an "ally" despite my hatred of the character) are aware of, the fact that Nick is a convicted murderer, the fact that Will has two very skilled attorneys at his disposal, the fact that Will is a skilled computer whiz -- but the writers just keep throwing giant STOP! signs in the air and saying, "Nope, sorry -- Nick can trump that; try again later" for no good reason whatsoever, simply because they feel that it is necessary to do so to drag the story out further.

In truth, these incessant stall tactics are cheapening an otherwise solid storyline.

chinkybig

LonePirate
Will, Sami and EJ are all idiots for even considering Stefano as an option. Will would be much better off asking Sonny to seek Victor's help which would come with no strings attached.
I think it's the other way around. Stefano would be an idiot to agree to help Sami and EJ for Will's cause. What's in it for Stefano? I mean, ok, EJ is his son, but Stefano does not give an ass' shit on Will as they are not even related by blood. Let Sami and EJ do this on their own, and let it blow up in front of their faces. I think Nick is pretty much an ass in this baby storyline, but Will is not without fault, too. If Nick can scheme and intimidate to get his way, then Will should learn to get out of this on his own, too. Isn't he the Sami's son, after all???? And Kate's grandson? Between these 2, I'm sure Will has enough "scheming" genes in him to come out of this and go head to head against Nick.

Furthermore, IMO, all the characters currently in the canvas do not deserve to be part of Stefano's "battalion". They are all cretins compared to Stefano. I was thinking maybe Victor can have a good match against Stefano, but him being Maggie ruins it for me :ermm:

Will&Sonny

lysie
tomsawyer
Mar 19 2013, 09:38 AM
lysie
LuvingLumi

I hate to say it because of ego it involves, but EJ, Sami, and Will all have their heads in their asses in regards to Rafe. Idk if that's intentional in the writing but right now it's the elephant in the room, IMO.
You mean that Rafe could help them if they trusted him to do so?
Exactly. Rafe doesn't have an issue with Will and thinks things are great. If he knew the truth about Nick we've been given no reason to think he wouldn't help. I mean, it would take some of the drama out but that doesn't make EJ and Sami less stupid for refusing to do it.
Someone else alluded to it earlier, but as far as I'm concerned, E.J. doesn't want Sami to confide in Rafe because E.J. wants to be the hero. E.J.'s still ultimately more concerned about himself than he is about Will.

Will&Sonny

chinkybig
Mar 19 2013, 09:37 PM
LonePirate
I think it's the other way around. Stefano would be an idiot to agree to help Sami and EJ for Will's cause. What's in it for Stefano? I mean, ok, EJ is his son, but Stefano does not give an ass' shit on Will as they are not even related by blood. Let Sami and EJ do this on their own, and let it blow up in front of their faces. I think Nick is pretty much an ass in this baby storyline, but Will is not without fault, too. If Nick can scheme and intimidate to get his way, then Will should learn to get out of this on his own, too. Isn't he the Sami's son, after all???? And Kate's grandson? Between these 2, I'm sure Will has enough "scheming" genes in him to come out of this and go head to head against Nick.

Furthermore, IMO, all the characters currently in the canvas do not deserve to be part of Stefano's "battalion". They are all cretins compared to Stefano. I was thinking maybe Victor can have a good match against Stefano, but him being Maggie ruins it for me :ermm:
The writers already established what's in it for Stefano last week. If Stefano helps Will, Stefano will get what he wants -- E.J., Johnny, and Sydney living at the DiMera mansion again. Stefano wants his entire family (well, the ones who are currently on the canvas, at least) living under the same roof with him. He's already complained about how quiet the mansion is on more than one occasion.

Will&Sonny

Laufeyson
Mar 19 2013, 03:01 AM
AFaithL
Mar 19 2013, 01:17 AM
trojangal
Mar 18 2013, 11:37 PM

Ericole - I need Eric to start having fantasies about Nicole
I know, right? Eric is coming across as a-sexual. Which sucks, because GV and AZ do have chemistry. They need to spice him up and have him STOP acting like a goody-two-shoes in Nicole's presence! Liven up, Eric! Start lusting, having fantasies, or something other than having Nicole type out a church bulletin!!

GV is a sexy guy. They are WASTiNG him.
They should not have brought him back as a priest.
They should not have brought him back as Greg Vaughan.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply