Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of March 25th; *updated 3/18
Topic Started: Mar 13 2013, 11:27 AM (30,241 Views)
ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

am103
Mar 17 2013, 01:16 AM
Angie79
Mar 17 2013, 12:52 AM
Friday ("Feelings Resurface")
Kate and Rafe can't fight their feelings for one another; Nick is horrified when he encounters Vargas.

Feelings? Well, stick a fork in "Rate" for me, because their fun points just went out the window.
I don't know. I'm going to give it a chance and see what happens.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Aliaron
Member Avatar

If Rafe doesnt fit with Sami and they are so implausible how in the heck is it plausible for Rafe and Kate? Rafe can't except who Sami is but he can with Kate? GMAB!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Aliaron
Mar 17 2013, 09:45 AM
If Rafe doesnt fit with Sami and they are so implausible how in the heck is it plausible for Rafe and Kate? Rafe can't except who Sami is but he can with Kate? GMAB!
Because Kate pulls no pretenses. She knows what she is. Sami, however, was a poser.

Pookie
Member Avatar

Quote:

Nick is horrified when he encounters Vargas.

HELLZ. YEAH! I can't wait. I hope either EJ, Sami, Will or Sonny witness this and quickly realize that Vargas in the leverage they need to take Nick down. Oh, and I hope Nick totally looses his shit in front of Gabi to the point she finally takes her friggin' blinders off and realizes she married a disturbed individual.
Edited by Pookie, Mar 17 2013, 12:42 PM.

AFaithL

Rate have "feelings"??? Way to fuck it up, TPTB.

Sex buddies is one thing. Falling in love is NOT what I want to see. Just...no.

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

Falling in love?? Hmm, this may mean that we will see a watered down Kate? In such cases, no thanks

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

blueskies
Mar 15 2013, 07:57 AM
No1_ILoveLucyFan
Mar 15 2013, 06:32 AM
That's the only thing I'm looking forward to as well, fanatic79. Following on Twitter to keep up, but unless John and/or Marlena are on, Days/NBC gets no ratings points nor ad exposure with me. And I'm in their target demographic!
I am too, but I'm glad John/Marlena have some drama going on. I don't like them as much when they're all lovey-dovey.
I just don't get why we can't get some teamwork at some point, like, ever. There was no reason why John AND Marlena couldn't work together on-screen to take down Kristen (airtime limits, maybe?). They've been through so much that the tension between them is really hard to sell/buy, and it's not even necessary. Plus, at some point fans should get a payoff for waiting. Watching the couple together- that would be that payoff.

For the first time ever I'm rooting for Chloe, to the extent that I actually care (which is not much at this point). So- yay to ultimatums! I hope she follows through.

AFaithL

px780
Mar 17 2013, 07:23 PM
blueskies
No1_ILoveLucyFan
That's the only thing I'm looking forward to as well, fanatic79. Following on Twitter to keep up, but unless John and/or Marlena are on, Days/NBC gets no ratings points nor ad exposure with me. And I'm in their target demographic!
I am too, but I'm glad John/Marlena have some drama going on. I don't like them as much when they're all lovey-dovey.
I just don't get why we can't get some teamwork at some point, like, ever. There was no reason why John AND Marlena couldn't work together on-screen to take down Kristen (airtime limits, maybe?). They've been through so much that the tension between them is really hard to sell/buy, and it's not even necessary. Plus, at some point fans should get a payoff for waiting. Watching the couple together- that would be that payoff.

For the first time ever I'm rooting for Chloe, to the extent that I actually care (which is not much at this point). So- yay to ultimatums! I hope she follows through.

The payoff for John and Marlena fans should be reconciling and being happy together.....and simultaneously staying out of their kids sex lives.

As a fan of both Jarlena AND Bristen as *separate* couples, that is what I want to see.

I want to see John and Marlena as a stable couple, maybe mixing things up with Stefano or being involved in a mystery.

And I want Bristen to get a shot at happiness, too. With John/Marlena just agreeing to disagree with him on the situation, and letting him live his life.

BOTH couple can exist simultaneously ... And be out of each other's business

Fairygodmother

Kristen's game plan is not to exist simultaneously with herself and Brady as one couple and John and Marlena as another couple. Kristen's objective is to raise hell and misery with John and Marlena. Brady is Kristen's pawn.

lysie
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Mar 17 2013, 08:46 PM
px780
Mar 17 2013, 07:23 PM
blueskies
No1_ILoveLucyFan

The payoff for John and Marlena fans should be reconciling and being happy together.....and simultaneously staying out of their kids sex lives.

As a fan of both Jarlena AND Bristen as *separate* couples, that is what I want to see.

I want to see John and Marlena as a stable couple, maybe mixing things up with Stefano or being involved in a mystery.

And I want Bristen to get a shot at happiness, too. With John/Marlena just agreeing to disagree with him on the situation, and letting him live his life.

BOTH couple can exist simultaneously ... And be out of each other's business

I don't care for how this story is being written, but I don't agree with this either. It's not like Kristen is just someone they kind of don't like. Choosing to be with Kristen is a choice to break away from his parents. There's an automatic divide that has nothing to do with whether they love him or can let him make his own mistakes.

I have no desire to see what you keep laying out. Actually, I did see it. From January 2009 - September 2011. I would like to see them step away from the "couple" stories with them because both this one and the Princess Gina one sucked, but Days doesn't seem to have a clue how to do that with anyone.

AFaithL

What do you mean "couple" stories? What would you like to see happen?

lysie
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Mar 17 2013, 09:26 PM
What do you mean "couple" stories? What would you like to see happen?
Well, this thread isn't really for that. I don't care for this story (anymore. It was fine until the 2nd week of January), but overall I don't have a problem with the way they're being used.

"Couple stories" are stories about breaking up, making up, and whatever else revolves just around two people trying to being together. The baby story is the closest thing we have to a non couple story.

Romancer66

Thinking over Chloe's ultimatum, I wonder if she threatens to take Parker away unless Jennifer breaks up with Daniel for good. I'm sure we'll be treated to lots of sniveling and whining as Jen-Jen agonizes over her decision, then nobly renounces her new twu wuv for the sake of his son. Only to have Daniel discover Chloe's ultimatum and once again show his undying devotion to the Horton princess by putting her before Parker (first, you know, the way she's always wanted). Oh, the unending drama--the choice of Solomon couldn't be more heartbreaking or high-stakes! :sarcasm: I'm sure it'll play out over at least 48 hours, like Fetch's usual break-up & make-up sessions. :rolleyes: And ultimately, Chloe, chastened by the depth of Fetch's mutual adoration, will return defeated to Chicago, and probably give Daniel unlimited access to Parker because he's just so totally awesome-sauce and the bestest insta-dad ever. :flipoff:
Edited by Romancer66, Mar 17 2013, 10:19 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AFaithL

SocRMum1
Mar 17 2013, 06:57 AM
Angie79
Kate and Rafe can't fight their feelings for one another; Nick is horrified when he encounters Vargas.

Awww crap.... :facepalm:
And I can't fight this feeling anymore...
I've forgotten what I started fighting for...
It's time to bring this ship into the shore
And throw away the oar
Forever....

(REO Speedwagon).

Yeah, let's put an end to Rate "feelings" while we can.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

AFaithL
Mar 17 2013, 10:35 PM
SocRMum1
Angie79

And throw away the oar
Forever....

(REO Speedwagon).

Those lyrics...

If it could become as 80s cheestastic as that song, then they should go for it. Just make it a batshit insane fun-bizarre kind of romance!

AFaithL

px780
Mar 17 2013, 10:56 PM
AFaithL
Mar 17 2013, 10:35 PM
SocRMum1
Angie79

And throw away the oar
Forever....

(REO Speedwagon).

Those lyrics...

If it could become as 80s cheestastic as that song, then they should go for it. Just make it a batshit insane fun-bizarre kind of romance!
Seriously. If Rate is going to develop "feelings", they should make a joke out of it. Have Rafe dress up as Garth Brooks and serenade Kate in a karaoke bar. Go for the laughs, but don't try to sell me as Rate = true love.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

am103
Mar 17 2013, 01:16 AM
Angie79

Feelings? Well, stick a fork in "Rate" for me, because their fun points just went out the window.
This x 1000.

Why do they ruin good flings with 'feelings'?

chinkybig

Rafe + Kate falling in love = Sami maelstrom. I am just counting 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 before Sami spits her vitriol against this relationship, then most likely plot to keep these 2 apart (which I am sure she will do, regardless if Rate's relationship turns out to be just sex OR become love). I don't think Sami can stand thinking any guy that gone past her can be happy without her (I mean, look at Lucas now). As much as I enjoy Rate's interaction (a roll in the sack, etc.), this is really just a time bomb waiting to explode, especially when Sami finds out. Just thinking about that scenario makes me sick. Expect a Me, myself and I, Sami show soon.

lysie
Member Avatar

Kate overhears news from Sonny and Adrienne that leads her to slap Rafe
Nancy takes Parker to Brazil
Bradyís mugger contacts Marlena after being brushed off by Kristen
Chloe tells Jennifer that Daniel will never see Parker again unless she can convince him she doesnít love him
Cameron isnít pleased when Abigail once again pulls away from making love
Kate tries and fails to break things off with Rafe

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

BRAZIL????? Oh for gosh sakes...

And the Rate crap sounds bloody awful.

I was starting to have such high hopes for this show. :shame:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply