Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Smash moving to Saturday Nights
Topic Started: Mar 13 2013, 07:00 PM (808 Views)
Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/nbc-shifts-smash-saturday-nights-225457548.html

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ashley22
Member Avatar

Boo! Tfp
Edited by Ashley22, Mar 13 2013, 09:30 PM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Stick a fork in it.

nightfan

Sorry to hear this. I really like this show! The songs are the best. "History is made at night, so close the books, turn off the light..." so sexy.

And I like that they have three shows competing for viewers' attention, not just Bombshell. Really more interested in the Fringe one, anyway!

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

B'bye!! :bye:

:tumbleweed:

Edited by Actor87, Mar 14 2013, 12:04 AM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

The death knock....Saturday night is where TV goes to die off

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

*sigh* I remember when Saturdays had hit shows like Facts of Life, 227, Golden Girls, & Empty Nest (followed by Hunter).

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

TV ratings may suck,but these days people don't always sit in front of the tube,they watch shows on Hulu or other sites,plus,DVR and such needs to come into play.

nightfan

Does anyone think Bravo might be a better fit? When The Jennifer Hudson character sang on Bravo (within the series) a couple of episodes ago, I wondered that.

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

http://tvline.com/2013/03/15/smash-season-2-series-finale-spoilers/

Quote:

Smash showrunner Josh Safran admits he was “saddened” by NBC’s decision this week to banish the struggling musical to Saturdays beginning April 6.

He was also surprised.

“I didn’t see it coming, being relegated to Saturday,” he tells TVLine. “We’re all aware the show is not successful, but I guess I had hoped we would see what happened when The Voice came back [or] maybe they’d move us to a better time slot. But I understand from the network’s point of view. We hit a number and we stuck there.”

The number the show hit when it returned for Season 2 last month was a 1.1 demo rating, a decline of 25 and 39 percent from its freshman finale. It slipped further in Week 2, stabilized in Week 3, and most recently ticked up a hair to 2.9 million viewers and a 0.9 rating. But as Safran points out, going up a tenth of a point “is not really going up.”

If there’s a silver lining here for fans, it’s that all of this season’s remaining 11 episodes will air (the next three on Tuesdays at 10/9c and the final 8 on Saturdays at 9/8c). And, according to Safran, Episode 17 “was constructed as a series finale.”

“I don’t want [viewers] to think they are going to be left hanging, because they won’t be,” he assures. “The season has a beginning, middle and an end… [And] it just gets better and better.

“Everyone here from the top down is incredibly proud of the work,” he continues. “I know that there are people who have their opinions and that’s totally acceptable, but that doesn’t change our viewpoint that we’re really proud and we love the show.”

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

Actor87
Mar 15 2013, 03:40 PM
http://tvline.com/2013/03/15/smash-season-2-series-finale-spoilers/

Quote:

Smash showrunner Josh Safran admits he was “saddened” by NBC’s decision this week to banish the struggling musical to Saturdays beginning April 6.

He was also surprised.

“I didn’t see it coming, being relegated to Saturday,” he tells TVLine. “We’re all aware the show is not successful, but I guess I had hoped we would see what happened when The Voice came back [or] maybe they’d move us to a better time slot. But I understand from the network’s point of view. We hit a number and we stuck there.”

The number the show hit when it returned for Season 2 last month was a 1.1 demo rating, a decline of 25 and 39 percent from its freshman finale. It slipped further in Week 2, stabilized in Week 3, and most recently ticked up a hair to 2.9 million viewers and a 0.9 rating. But as Safran points out, going up a tenth of a point “is not really going up.”

If there’s a silver lining here for fans, it’s that all of this season’s remaining 11 episodes will air (the next three on Tuesdays at 10/9c and the final 8 on Saturdays at 9/8c). And, according to Safran, Episode 17 “was constructed as a series finale.”

“I don’t want [viewers] to think they are going to be left hanging, because they won’t be,” he assures. “The season has a beginning, middle and an end… [And] it just gets better and better.

“Everyone here from the top down is incredibly proud of the work,” he continues. “I know that there are people who have their opinions and that’s totally acceptable, but that doesn’t change our viewpoint that we’re really proud and we love the show.”

At least there's that. *sigh* and now I'm back to the days of searching for a show to love that won't be cancelled.

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

That is not a good sign, Eric McCormack show perception is renewed for a second season, formerly from Will & Grace.
Edited by Dakota, Mar 19 2013, 05:54 PM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

It is hard to invest in anything from NBC....they don't keep their shows around long enough anymore to instill that trust that the show is not going to be ripped away at any moment.

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

That is why I haven't invested much on NBC anymore I prefer CBS or satellites shows like Games of Throne

nightfan

Perhaps it's too much to hope for, but maybe the extra press with this move will spur theater lovers to tune their TV sets to NBC on Saturday nights.
In a perfect world, since this news broke last week, ratings for tonight's episode surged, next Tuesday's episode's ratings will be healthy and the Saturday airings will either stay steady or the ratings next week will be so healthy that NBC abandons the plan to move the show.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply