Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Galen Gering & Lauren Koslow Interview by Michael Fairman
Topic Started: Mar 13 2013, 11:12 PM (4,213 Views)
Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

i sure alison is privy to things other cast members aren't and not because written in here it only reconfirm it
that why lot people critize alison because they know she have more power than rest of the cast

with james i do not know he probably heard from alison
Offline Profile Goto Top

mae
Member Avatar

Partnersincrime
Mar 14 2013, 09:11 AM
i sure alison is privy to things other cast members aren't and not because written in here it only reconfirm it
that why lot people critize alison because they know she have more power than rest of the cast

with james i do not know he probably heard from alison
Meh.

Posted Image

Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

GG sounds a bit prickish - particularly this part:

Quote:

LAUREN:

That was true because we had all these great ideas. I was excited to work with Galen because he has ideas similar to mine and he works like I do. After I saw the scenes, I think the fact that it was so rushed when we taped it really suited that scene because Kate and Rafe were kind of off their game! (Laughs) I think it really worked for the characters. I kind of liked the scene when I saw it, because there was not anything predictable about it. It was raw, which was right for it.

GALEN:

I have not seen the scenes back.

LAUREN:

Really? Whatever! (Laughs)

GALEN:

I lived it. Do I have to see it after? (Laughs)

It could be the context it was in - but I think he should be counting his lucky stars to be getting these scenes with Lauren Koslow. She, on the other hand, comes across as incredibly fun and energetic.

And this part makes it sound even more to me like GG has an inkling they really don't know what to do with Rafe long term, particularly the bolded part.

Quote:

MICHAEL:

Galen, over the years it seems that Rafe can get thrown around in story, where it feels like the show is trying to figure out what to do with him. Do you view the Rafe and Kate alliance as an intermediary storyline to something else?

GALEN:

I am slowly discovering where things are headed. Hopefully, the show wants me around and to be an integral part to the stories that are on the canvas there. Obviously, I think this has been an interesting choice and fun choice for them. It has been a really interesting for me. When I was first introduced to this, obviously it was a departure for him going with a character who was married basically to his arch-enemy. When Rafe met Sami, he did not know who EJ was, or what the DiMera family stood for. Now Rafe knows first hand. So, I have taken this weird leap of faith and the fan reaction has been . GREAT! (Laughs)

I still wonder if they plan to move toward Rafe/Hope once they finally realize PR isn't coming back and they'll need to address Bo's absence somehow.

Offline Profile Goto Top

samwel

TFP. Lauren sounds like a lot of fun, seems like Galen does not have much going on right now and is hoping for another Sami-esque sl to latch onto :lol:

I also think it may simply be James and AS got their scripts first, hey at least they still got a heads up.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Hmmm... Seems to me GG isn't sure about where Rafes going at this point.

Seems like MF picked up on that as well.

As to AS/JS knowing before them, I would bet that goes to the meetings they had with the associate ep they referenced in their SOD article.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Mar 14 2013, 10:33 AM

As to AS/JS knowing before them, I would bet that goes to the meetings they had with the associate ep they referenced in their SOD article.
That doesn't really help. Lauren pretty much says they don't do those meetings anymore...except we know of at least two times that they've done it for James and Ali.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 14 2013, 10:43 AM
SoapGal1

That doesn't really help. Lauren pretty much says they don't do those meetings anymore...except we know of at least two times that they've done it for James and Ali.
Help what??

I just think that's where they heard the info on Rate.

And perhaps, AS/JS asked for the meeting?? :shrug:

Who knows.

All I know is according to the SOD interview they got one...or two.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Mar 14 2013, 10:47 AM
lysie
SoapGal1

Help what??

Who knows.

It doesn't help the perception of why they might know things before others.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Thanks to Reese for the Avi♥

It does sound like for a moment there GG was not sure where he was going to be story wise, but now he is slowly discovering where things are headed. IMHO I think that there is a plan for him for now, with or without Kate.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 14 2013, 10:54 AM
SoapGal1
lysie
SoapGal1

Help what??

Who knows.

Ah. Well, I can't help that.

That's what it looks like to me.

Maybe AS/JS are the teachers pet.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

lysie
Mar 14 2013, 10:54 AM
SoapGal1
lysie
SoapGal1

Help what??

Who knows.

I suspect there are often times when actors find out about story direction ahead of other actors - either through conversations with TPTB or by reading it in the scripts first. Based on both AS/JS's comments in SOD it doesn't sound to me like they feel they have much pull when it comes to story - otherwise they wouldn't have needed to keep going back to the EP for clarification that the EJami story really was the direction. They sounded as in the dark about where things are heading for their characters as anyone else does. :shrug:
Edited by SocRMum1, Mar 14 2013, 11:09 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Mar 14 2013, 11:06 AM
It does sound like for a moment there GG was not sure where he was going to be story wise, but now he is slowly discovering where things are headed. IMHO I think that there is a plan for him for now, with or without Kate.
I don't know, he still seemed confused thru the whole thing, IMO.

First he talks about being inter grated into stories on canvas.

Then he talks about the possibility that Rate has legs, but he doesn't know.

THEN, he talks about Rafe & Sami's "connection" & that maybe he'll be the thorn in Ejami's side, but he doesn't know.

Alot of "I don't know" from his side.

Lol, & I started this whole post with "I don't know".

He's got me confused too. B-)
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Thanks to Reese for the Avi♥

^^I can see how he might think that way if he's getting the vibe that they are testing Hope and Rafe. I would be worried too since Hope is half of one of Days most popular super couples of all time and IMHO if he doesn't know if the fans will embrace that story because of that. I also wonder if he thinks his character is now dispensable since Sami still would have two men around with way more history and story legs than him. IDK, it just seems that he's not very happy with whatever is happening and at the beginning of the interview I felt that he was trying to sell Rate but by the end he wasn't.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

I like how this Lauren and Galen thread become more about AS and JS than the actual people being interviewed, lmao.

This was a pretty fun read; although the fact that the writers don't tell the actors in advance when they have a big story line coming up is really weird.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aliaron
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Mar 14 2013, 01:50 PM
I like how this Lauren and Galen thread become more about AS and JS than the actual people being interviewed, lmao.

This was a pretty fun read; although the fact that the writers don't tell the actors in advance when they have a big story line coming up is really weird.
Maybe because Kate and Rafe is rediculous. And I'm starting to get the feeling this rediculous pairing was put in place just to smash another pairing together. And that's a horrible reason to do anything. But this show is all about horrible reasoning. IE: EJami, Bristen, and Dannifer
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Mar 14 2013, 01:44 PM
^^I can see how he might think that way if he's getting the vibe that they are testing Hope and Rafe. I would be worried too since Hope is half of one of Days most popular super couples of all time and IMHO if he doesn't know if the fans will embrace that story because of that. I also wonder if he thinks his character is now dispensable since Sami still would have two men around with way more history and story legs than him. IDK, it just seems that he's not very happy with whatever is happening and at the beginning of the interview I felt that he was trying to sell Rate but by the end he wasn't.
Yeah, I would buy him not wanting to get into a Rope pairing if that's where they're headed.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

SocRMum1
Mar 14 2013, 09:58 AM
I still wonder if they plan to move toward Rafe/Hope once they finally realize PR isn't coming back and they'll need to address Bo's absence somehow.

Pass on Rafe/Hope, but Bo's absence needs addressing asap. I know they left him traveling with Shelle & Claire, but there's only so long that even that makes sense given that Hope & Ciara aren't there with them.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Mar 14 2013, 02:06 PM
LuvingLumi
Mar 14 2013, 01:44 PM
Yeah, I would buy him not wanting to get into a Rope pairing if that's where they're headed.
I think it depends on the fan reaction. If fans are willing to accept it, being paired with Hope is a good spot for him. But yeah, having fans embrace Hope in a new couple is still a pretty big gamble, so I get the trepidation. And I can especially see him dreading a Bope vs. Rope deal after enduring the Safe vs. Ejami wars for years.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

AFaithL
Mar 13 2013, 11:36 PM
Sounds like "Rate" is short-term.
Well, it's gone on longer than the "one night stand" that some people were so sure it would be.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Hamilton
Member Avatar

I wish it had been just a one night stand. It's getting more ridiculous the longer it goes on.

The writers need to quit with the cheap sex and spend time coming up with story that values these characters. Give them story that leads into a full bodied tale. I want some depth for a change and Days just doesn't seem able to provide it.

I feel like this Rate business is hokey baloney they threw together because they didn't want to spend the time writing anything more for them. Telling me it puts them on the same side of the baby story is just a weak excuse as it doesn't matter anyway whether they are or not.

Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic