Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Galen Gering & Lauren Koslow Interview by Michael Fairman
Topic Started: Mar 13 2013, 11:12 PM (4,181 Views)
JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

Even though I know Rate is not long term, I have enjoyed them a lot. It's probably because of that reason. It's no strings, just two adults enjoying each other. It's kinda like Dancole before they started catching feelings. Plus, while Rafe is still a douche, it's rightly placed and other characters pick up on it so I'm not as annoyed by him anymore. I actually enjoy him from time to time. And what's not to love about Kate? :wub:
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, Mar 14 2013, 05:57 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

Vicky4Mimi
Mar 14 2013, 08:56 AM
camera shy
Mar 14 2013, 04:09 AM
Nice to see two actors show respect to their former pairings and not diss them.
YES! I was so impressed by that. Galen didn't yell at Michael and tell him not to mention the word "SAFE" or anything! I guess they are professional enough to know that kind of stuff doesn't go over too well with the fans.

Also, LL I agree--AS and JS knowing first speaks volumes. It sounds like they have to many cooks in the kitchen AND a couple of them don't have a clue what the fans want to see.

I edit to say Rafe has been a big part of the show from the second he stepped on the set, there is no reason to think he won't be around for a long time. I didn't get the impression GG thought any different than that.
I think Safe is still on table because we have people like Gabi still saying that Rafe should still be with Sami even after Sami has treated her like trash. And I think the real reason why they have Rafe sleeping with Kate is basically to cancel out Sami's time spent with EJ when Safe reunites. If Galen isn't going anywhere why haven't they brought in a real new love interest for him.....someone closer to his own age who he can fall in love with and have a family? My guess is it's because they're keeping him in a holding pattern for Sami.
Online Profile Goto Top

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

camera shy
Mar 14 2013, 05:58 PM
Vicky4Mimi
camera shy
YES! I was so impressed by that. Galen didn't yell at Michael and tell him not to mention the word "SAFE" or anything! I guess they are professional enough to know that kind of stuff doesn't go over too well with the fans.

Also, LL I agree--AS and JS knowing first speaks volumes. It sounds like they have to many cooks in the kitchen AND a couple of them don't have a clue what the fans want to see.

I edit to say Rafe has been a big part of the show from the second he stepped on the set, there is no reason to think he won't be around for a long time. I didn't get the impression GG thought any different than that.
I think Safe is still on table because we have people like Gabi still saying that Rafe should still be with Sami even after Sami has treated her like trash. And I think the real reason why they have Rafe sleeping with Kate is basically to cancel out Sami's time spent with EJ when Safe reunites. If Galen isn't going anywhere why haven't they brought in a real new love interest for him.....someone closer to his own age who he can fall in love with and have a family? My guess is it's because they're keeping him in a holding pattern for Sami.
Or maybe some wise person in the Powers understand that the character Rafe sucks and does not add much to the interest? I believe it is possible to create a lot more interesting characters in the male 30 - something group than Rafe. Sure GG has his supporters, but quite honestly, I see no loss if he disappeared from the show. :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aliaron
Member Avatar

I'm so tired of hearing how popular actors should be fired but all fans should watch. GG has a fanbase and deserves decent writing and not to be screwed to pimp some other coupling.

If Days want all the fans to watch then they need to be more diverse on who they respectfully write for. Develop characters not focus on pleasing one or two fanbases. Then you would please a hell of a lot more than a couple of fanbases.
Edited by Aliaron, Mar 14 2013, 06:28 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

1. I think Rafe and Kate getting it on is awesome. The Koz just does that.
2. Re: who knows first: it is what it is.
3. On who gets the most exposure: it is what it is. Sweeney is apparently not going anywhere. I'm just glad Rafe's character can create his own positive buzz (from some, but not from all) on his own. Rate is sure a hell lot more tolerable to me than Dannifer.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

The Scorpion
Mar 14 2013, 06:11 PM
camera shy
Vicky4Mimi
camera shy

Or maybe some wise person in the Powers understand that the character Rafe sucks and does not add much to the interest? I believe it is possible to create a lot more interesting characters in the male 30 - something group than Rafe. Sure GG has his supporters, but quite honestly, I see no loss if he disappeared from the show. :)
If someone really realized that, they'd just let him go.
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 14 2013, 06:34 PM
The Scorpion
Mar 14 2013, 06:11 PM
camera shy
Vicky4Mimi

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
If someone really realized that, they'd just let him go.
One would hope if they figured it out about anybody it would be Daniel.
Online Profile Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

I think both Lauren and Galen did the best they could with this interview without giving anything much away as to future storyline. Loved that they both kept it classy and answered the questions without dissing anyone else on the show or any pairing. They kept it light and entertaining and certainly seem to enjoy working with each other.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lucky
Member Avatar
Rafe proves EJ is a little bitch

Fun interview. Always love reading what Galen has to say about the show. I thought they both did a good job of teasing us but not giving too much away. They have a great dynamic and seem to enjoy working with each other. With all Rafe's been through lately, I'm glad they are giving him a more relaxed and easygoing story with Kate.
Offline Profile Goto Top

samixxx
Member Avatar

I really enjoyed reading this interview. Thanks

Stefano's reaction should be interesting.
Offline Profile Goto Top

justforfun

I am not sure what AS said in the SOD interview, but I'm happy to see Rafe doing something. He could be walking around pining away for Sami and I'm thrilled that he's not. Not sure where they have his character headed, but I would still love to see a back story or something, as long as it's away from Sami.
Offline Profile Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

Rate is awesome and no matter how long the show decides to keep this two going, I'll be happy. Unless they fall for each other, then it's just icky.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

Let Ej have the wench Sami. Both Rafe and Lucas are better off with out her glittery who ha.
Sami should not care about Rate. She is oh so supposedly happy with Ej anyways.
I like how sweet Galen and Lauren are to all fan bases and love the respect they show for all the Days fans. Kudos to them for being to cool!
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I'm just catching up on watching this week, and I have to say: I like Rate. Kate is sex on a stick, and I love seeing Rafe happy with someone else. I like seeing him getting his groove thing on with a woman he doesn't have to rescue. I definitely like his anti-Dudley Do-Right persona right now.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic