Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Thursday, March 14th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Mar 14 2013, 08:39 AM (7,161 Views)
SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
Mar 14 2013, 02:16 PM
Matt
Mar 14 2013, 12:23 PM
I think Kristen has Hope's bumpit.
Wow! You know everything fashion!
Ahem.

A bumpit is a fashion faux pas.

And Matt knows EVERYTHING.
Edited by SoapGal1, Mar 14 2013, 02:29 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

Panda Panda
Mar 14 2013, 12:33 PM
So in other news, Kristen is wearing the earrings Brady gave her. Aw, nice going wardrobe department.
:wub2:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

SoapGal1
Mar 14 2013, 02:27 PM
Sweet and Salty
Matt
Ahem.

Hey! I didn't even know what one was til I googled it! So It being a fashionable item or a fashion faux pas is irrelevant! I'm a ranchers wife out in the sticks lucky to have cable!
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
Mar 14 2013, 02:47 PM
SoapGal1
Sweet and Salty
Matt
Ahem.

Hey! I didn't even know what one was til I googled it! So It being a fashionable item or a fashion faux pas is irrelevant! I'm a ranchers wife out in the sticks lucky to have cable!
Just don't wear a bumpit while you're rustling the cows & you'll be fine.

Trust.
Offline Profile Goto Top

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

SoapGal1
Mar 14 2013, 02:53 PM
Sweet and Salty
SoapGal1
Sweet and Salty

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Ahem.

Just don't wear a bumpit while you're rustling the cows & you'll be fine.

Trust.
Good one. LOL.
Offline Profile Goto Top

*6Lee

It has been a long time since I have found a soap watchable- the genre is dying overall & it is sad to mourn that. I have really been surprised at Days of our Lives for being so good the last few months. It actually revived my interest in a show & I started watching it again. Does anyone else think the show is- overall- better than it has been in quite awhile? Certainly better than any other soap now.

Every story does not invest me, but there is really some generational storytelling going on. The Hortons are actually at the center, cousins abound, people reference the past- couldn't believe Jean Bruce Scott made an appearance as Nick's mother. She wasn't there at the January wedding, but she was mentioned & so was Marie. These seemingly small inserts are what used to be so great about soaps- and they are the hooks for classic soap watchers. Hope & Jennifer are always luminous (talking about Mike and Laura the other day), Julie supporting Nick, Ciara used in conversation or to contrive action, all this is good. I blanched when Will and Gabi trysted- would he be Steven Carringtonized? But, so far, no. Really, after all these years, an authentic gay storyline on soaps, not a weak attempt or immediately jettisoned.

I've never been a Sami fan, but she (and Lucas) registers strongly in this storyline. Soaps need characters & scenes like that of her & EJ giggling & plotting against Nick- that was very good writing- & acting. Suddenly, it looked like this couple could take the town. Soaps also need secret, sizzling affairs- just like Kate and Rafe. With all their baggage, who would ever put them together? They are fresh & original- the scene of them both agreeing to go back to work, then immediately dissolving to Rafe's apartment was more good writing, unexpectedly the characters very likable; there are stakes in this pairing- family stakes- which is what soaps used to, and I guess, still can, do better than any other medium.

People mention work or school, off camera relatives phone, text or pop up (Nancy) family loyalty is strong, if sometimes misguided. But all these are elements that make soaps work- the core of them, really- and make them- still?- a real cultural form.

Soap watching teaches you to wait for the other shoe to drop. But for just today, it is so nice to have a "story" to follow.
Edited by *6Lee, Mar 14 2013, 04:14 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hamilton
Member Avatar

Rafe and Kate look so ridiculous trying to be playful in the sack. I wish they would just stop already. The whole 'connection' for the purpose of the baby story is not working for me. I think it comes across thrown together, doesn't fit them as a pair and therefore feels fake. I hate it for both characters. I want more for them than these scenes that just make me roll my eyes.

Sami wanting to be in-debt to Stefano?! Okay then. That seems about right with the way everything else is going on this show.

Are we ever going to see Nick working for Kate? So much for the boy genius helping her put a dent in the competition.

Chad should move in and then disappear while heading off to bed one night never to be heard from again. It'd be the mystery no one cared to solve.

I can't wait til it's Nick's turn to squirm.

Online Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

*6Lee
Mar 14 2013, 04:10 PM
It has been a long time since I have found a soap watchable- the genre is dying overall & it is sad to mourn that. I have really been surprised at Days of our Lives for being so good the last few months. It actually revived my interest in a show & I started watching it again. Does anyone else think the show is- overall- better than it has been in quite awhile? Certainly better than any other soap now.Goo
Good post and, yes, I think Days is waaaaay better than it was a year ago. I've been enjoying it immensely since the new year. But they do need to ramp up the drama as it seems some stories are at a bit of a standstill lately.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Sweet and Salty
SoapGal1
Sweet and Salty
Matt
Ahem.

LOL - do people still say that?
Offline Profile Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Matt
Mar 14 2013, 12:16 PM
I hate when actors do DRASTIC & noticeable appearance changes (i.e. AS's pink strip) that are out of established character for their character and then none of the other characters address it like no one sees it and we're not supposed to. If someone would comment on it and Sami explained why she did it, I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it. But it's just suddenly there and NO ONE reacts to it. If that were anyone I knew who suddenly did that, I'd be all like "Girl, what the fuck did you do to your hair?"
Does anyone know why AS has the pink streak in her hair?I thought she only had the one steak but today showed two (2)pink streaks that looked like they were spray in streaks you can just wash out.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Honeybees
Quote:

If I were Will, I'd line up every badass I knew, including Kate, Victor, Stefano and EJ and say this is what Nick did, how can you help? Any one of those people should be able to squash Nick like a bug. My preference is Victor.

Operative word being "WILL". WILL should be doing all this. I'm tired of this being about Sami.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

*6Lee
It has been a long time since I have found a soap watchable- the genre is dying overall & it is sad to mourn that. I have really been surprised at Days of our Lives for being so good the last few months. It actually revived my interest in a show & I started watching it again. Does anyone else think the show is- overall- better than it has been in quite awhile? Certainly better than any other soap now.

Every story does not invest me, but there is really some generational storytelling going on. The Hortons are actually at the center, cousins abound, people reference the past- couldn't believe Jean Bruce Scott made an appearance as Nick's mother. She wasn't there at the January wedding, but she was mentioned & so was Marie. These seemingly small inserts are what used to be so great about soaps- and they are the hooks for classic soap watchers. Hope & Jennifer are always luminous (talking about Mike and Laura the other day), Julie supporting Nick, Ciara used in conversation or to contrive action, all this is good. I blanched when Will and Gabi trysted- would he be Steven Carringtonized? But, so far, no. Really, after all these years, an authentic gay storyline on soaps, not a weak attempt or immediately jettisoned.

I've never been a Sami fan, but she (and Lucas) registers strongly in this storyline. Soaps need characters & scenes like that of her & EJ giggling & plotting against Nick- that was very good writing- & acting. Suddenly, it looked like this couple could take the town. Soaps also need secret, sizzling affairs- just like Kate and Rafe. With all their baggage, who would ever put them together? They are fresh & original- the scene of them both agreeing to go back to work, then immediately dissolving to Rafe's apartment was more good writing, unexpectedly the characters very likable; there are stakes in this pairing- family stakes- which is what soaps used to, and I guess, still can, do better than any other medium.

People mention work or school, off camera relatives phone, text or pop up (Nancy) family loyalty is strong, if sometimes misguided. But all these are elements that make soaps work- the core of them, really- and make them- still?- a real cultural form.

Soap watching teaches you to wait for the other shoe to drop. But for just today, it is so nice to have a "story" to follow.
Better than General Hospital? I hear it's the best! Been thinking about starting to watch it!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

Mitchapalooza
Mar 14 2013, 04:54 PM
Sweet and Salty
SoapGal1
Sweet and Salty

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Ahem.

LOL - do people still say that?
LOL. Now you know why these fashion trends/labels....mean nothing to me!! Don't even know what a hair bump thingy is!! Cap, wranglers, and Hondo boots is all you see around my parts! This fashion talk going on here is as foreign to me as my language probably is to ya'll!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

BeeBee
Mar 14 2013, 05:01 PM
Matt
Mar 14 2013, 12:16 PM
I hate when actors do DRASTIC & noticeable appearance changes (i.e. AS's pink strip) that are out of established character for their character and then none of the other characters address it like no one sees it and we're not supposed to. If someone would comment on it and Sami explained why she did it, I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it. But it's just suddenly there and NO ONE reacts to it. If that were anyone I knew who suddenly did that, I'd be all like "Girl, what the fuck did you do to your hair?"
Does anyone know why AS has the pink streak in her hair?I thought she only had the one steak but today showed two (2)pink streaks that looked like they were spray in streaks you can just wash out.
It reminded me right off of Kate and her blue streak. To me it was a show of a kind of rebellion going on in her. Defiance or something along those lines. It definitely means something, with them putting the camara on it like their doin'!
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
Mar 14 2013, 07:05 PM
*6Lee

Better than General Hospital? I hear it's the best! Been thinking about starting to watch it!
I can't speak for everyone, but Ive been watching GH some, & while I'm loving all the vet returns, I don't think their stories are any better than Days are currently.

And good post, 6Lee.

I agree.
Edited by SoapGal1, Mar 14 2013, 08:07 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

Matt
Mar 14 2013, 12:43 PM
Ok. I'm feeling bored with this episode. That's 2 days in a row. I'm disappointed.
Yeah, it was subpar, minus the EJami scenes. And Kristen flirting with Grandpa John was skin-crawlingly creepy. And not the "good" kind of creepy either. Just ewwww.

Chad is only interesting when in scenes with Abigail, I'm convinced. They need some sort of Romeo-Juliet story with Stefano trying to keep them apart.

I give this episode a D.
Offline Profile Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

Yeah, today was a bit of a letdown after an otherwise solid week of shows. I'm getting tired of Kristen being all talk. Okay, she has this grand plan against John and Marlena, well LET'S HEAR ABOUT IT. Give us some crumbs or SOMETHING to keep the momentum going, because this story is losing steam fast.

And I hate to say it, but Will loses rooting value daily. It's really hard to feel bad for him through all of this when he's just lying down and taking everything Nick is dishing out. Maybe if he would start taking Sonny's advice, he would actually get somewhere.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

While today wasn't full of movement, it was a far cry better than yesterday.

Yesterday I couldn't even manage to make it thru the whole episode.

Loved EJ trying to be the voice of reason to Sami & Sami running around half cocked.

Chad needs to move into the mansion so at least he might get to play supporting to the other stories going on.

Tptb need to move on Chabby NOW.

Will balls need to drop like yesterday.

Brady/Kristen/John has me intrigued. What game is she trying to play with John & is he going to play back?

If Brady gets to walk in on John & Kristen, I will bust a gut.

Hopefully tomorrow will be more action packed & they'll leave us with a good cliffhanger for Friday.
Offline Profile Goto Top

guessgirl
Member Avatar

Sami is just ridiculous. She was that upset at EJ didn't mention about Stefano?! It has been what a day?! (You know something is wrong when I was feeling bad for EJ) Now I don't expect her to blame her son for what's going on but really the only thing he did wrong was getting a Gabi pregnant. Everything else is Nick's fault?!!!

Did Will not lie about who was the father, go along and say Nick was the father. Yes Nick blackmail him but had Will stood up to him he wouldn't be in this position in the first place. Will is just pathetic and I'm tired of his self pity. Man up already.
Edited by guessgirl, Mar 14 2013, 10:30 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

Sami didn't know what "quid pro quo" meant. And the joke writes itself...
Online Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic