Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Friday, March 15th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Mar 15 2013, 06:56 AM (8,982 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

I absolutely hate how EJ is being written. He's a complete idiot. Though not as dumb as Brady, so at least there's that.

And I don't buy for a second that this is Sami's fantasy. Meanwhile, fantasy Sami doesn't have cheap pink hair.

If Marlena doesn't get to have a backbone soon, I'm sending a box of rotten fruit to the studio.

I have zero desire to see Caroline and Nicole having a friendly discussion about Eric.

Nick and Gabi look like they're living in the 60s.
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 15 2013, 08:50 PM
I absolutely hate how EJ is being written. He's a complete idiot. Though not as dumb as Brady, so at least there's that.

And I don't buy for a second that this is Sami's fantasy. Meanwhile, fantasy Sami doesn't have cheap pink hair.

If Marlena doesn't get to have a backbone soon, I'm sending a box of rotten fruit to the studio.

I have zero desire to see Caroline and Nicole having a friendly discussion about Eric.

Maybe Sami thinks it secretly looks as ridiculous as the rest of us? :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

You know, if John and Marlena were secretly working together and just putting on a public "we're broken up" front, that would actually be a great twist to their part of this storyline.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

blueskies
Mar 15 2013, 09:04 PM
You know, if John and Marlena were secretly working together and just putting on a public "we're broken up" front, that would actually be a great twist to their part of this storyline.
It would, though at this point I'd question them waiting so long to let the audience in on it. I think it really might turn out that John, at the least, is doing this on purpose and not letting her in on it to protect her. But again...they really should have let the audience in on that a long time ago. But I don't mind them being at odds. I'd just really like to see her fight back more instead of just sitting there in bewilderment.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

blueskies
Mar 15 2013, 09:02 PM
lysie

or maybe AS taped the scenes out of order and filmed this before she put in the pink streak.
Offline Profile Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Hey Sami, what's that? Is that another voice coming from below yelling for help? Why, I think it's Rafe! If you're going to be throwing drinks into dream Kristen's face for holding someone prisoner you need to throw a drink into dream EJ's face also. :eyeroll:

Is it possible that Vargas is wearing one of the five men's rings from the website that paid Days to showcase them? Was there a close-up of the ring Vargas put on?
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Mar 15 2013, 09:11 PM
blueskies
Mar 15 2013, 09:02 PM
lysie

or maybe AS taped the scenes out of order and filmed this before she put in the pink streak.
blueskies' is more fun.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

SoapGal1
Mar 15 2013, 03:47 PM
Damn, Matty was right!
Yes, I believe we established that fact yesterday. :toetap:

:chee:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Fairygodmother

I'm sick of how Marlena is being written. She is a person with spunk. This isn't any Marlena I know. It's time for her to ask John if he wants her to move on with her life. John has had more than enough time to find himself or to let Marlena in on his game plan if he has one. His prolonged nastiness to her is beyond old and out of character at this point. The writing staff needs to get its act together and write this couple in character.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hamilton
Member Avatar

Ej is so damn dull now. I can't believe they thought this was the way to go with him. I keep expecting things to turn and for him to be someone of interest again, but this butcher job keeps going on and on.

When did Marlena become such a patsy? This woman is shrewd and a fighter, but you'd never know it the way she's ambling around.

Vargas creeps me out. I don't want Nicole near him! In fact I want Nicole to get her ass out of that convent. I can't stand how squashed her personality has become while there. I want crazy, fun loving, confident, with a scheme in her back pocket Nicole, not this whiny, worrisome woman who wrings her hands over her secret desire for yet another guy she just can't have.
I think they ruined this by not making it Eric who is the one struggling hardcore with fantasies. I'd like it if Nicole had no idea what a temptress she was to him.

I got a laugh out of Sami's fantasy. I'd love it even more if it turned out to be reality a month down the line.

Rafe looked HOT in that suit!
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie

Meanwhile, fantasy Sami doesn't have cheap pink hair.

If we can keep THIS Sami, she can keep the cheap pink hair.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Matt
Mar 15 2013, 09:31 PM
SoapGal1
Mar 15 2013, 03:47 PM
Damn, Matty was right!
Yes, I believe we established that fact yesterday. :toetap:

:chee:
I stand corrected.

:hail:
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

Fairygodmother
Mar 15 2013, 09:49 PM
I'm sick of how Marlena is being written. She is a person with spunk. This isn't any Marlena I know.
This is the 2001 Tom Langan version of John and Marlena. And yes, Marlena was this passive when Kyle Lowder's Brady was being verbally abusive to her. John wasn't this big of an ass though. They are really trying to destroy him.
Offline Profile Goto Top

rae

Fairygodmother
I'm sick of how Marlena is being written. She is a person with spunk. This isn't any Marlena I know. It's time for her to ask John if he wants her to move on with her life. John has had more than enough time to find himself or to let Marlena in on his game plan if he has one. His prolonged nastiness to her is beyond old and out of character at this point. The writing staff needs to get its act together and write this couple in character.
Oh, I so agree. Right now J&M are just painful to watch. And I can't imagine that Deidre and Drake are enjoying it any more than we are! The writers need to fix this mess, but even if they do, we'll have to wait about 4 months to have it happen.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Mar 15 2013, 10:22 PM
lysie

Meanwhile, fantasy Sami doesn't have cheap pink hair.

If we can keep THIS Sami, she can keep the cheap pink hair.
New Sami has a harder edge that screams "dressed up biker chick" so the cheap pink streak(s) seems appropriate to her current persona.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

I was surprised to see the wedding actually take place.Laughed when the justice of the piece told Nick to go for it after pronouncing them man and wife.I really hope they redeem Nick.I really want him (and Gabi) to have some happiness.
While the Ides of March was not good for Caesar,best day ever for Gabi/Camilla Banus on this board.Congratulations Gabi.
Offline Profile Goto Top

chinkybig

John and Marlena in this episode. UGH. Too painful to watch. I'm just so ready for Marlena to go into Salem Stalker mode. Please take John as your first victim. At this point, I wouldn't mind Marlena being paired with Stefano (I know impossible to happen), but I wish they had more scenes together, or even with Kristen. Can you imagine the craziness and awesome-ness with Stefano, Kristen and Marlena in one scene? Sigh
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

Fairygodmother
I dunno. It's likely to get worse. I keep remembering that tweet a few weeks ago from Drake about how he was struggling to prepare for a scene. It made me think that he was about to play something even more egregiously OOC than what we've seen thus far.

2/12: "Pacing in my dressing room trying to understand John Blacks choices and how to play these scenes today."

It sounds like this is going to go on for a while.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

annie21
Mar 15 2013, 11:35 PM
Fairygodmother
I dunno. It's likely to get worse. I keep remembering that tweet a few weeks ago from Drake about how he was struggling to prepare for a scene. It made me think that he was about to play something even more egregiously OOC than what we've seen thus far.

2/12: "Pacing in my dressing room trying to understand John Blacks choices and how to play these scenes today."

It sounds like this is going to go on for a while.

I'd rather John head back to Europe for a few more months until he gets his head out of his ass.
Edited by AFaithL, Mar 16 2013, 12:11 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

guessgirl
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Mar 15 2013, 11:09 PM
I was surprised to see the wedding actually take place.Laughed when the justice of the piece told Nick to go for it after pronouncing them man and wife.I really hope they redeem Nick.I really want him (and Gabi) to have some happiness.
While the Ides of March was not good for Caesar,best day ever for Gabi/Camilla Banus on this board.Congratulations Gabi.
I know what you mean. Despite how "bad" they are trying to make Nick I still want him in the end to be redeem. Blake is a great actor for the younger adult and it would be ashame if he left.

I also want things to work out for Nick & Gabi in the end as well. Even though the writing for Nick sucks I can't help but still like them. The pair just work for me.
Edited by guessgirl, Mar 16 2013, 01:14 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic